UnevenEdge

do u put the earbuds in the right ear?

fuggnificent

earbuds are incredibly uncomfortable for me. i only ever use headphones unless i'm like stuck somewhere and have to use the shitty earphones i keep in my car

im forever finding myself traveling and not having my earbuds so i bought some crappy ones for my car too. i moved them to my desk at work so i can listen to recordings of my calls tho

im forever finding myself traveling and not having my earbuds so i bought some crappy ones for my car too. i moved them to my desk at work so i can listen to recordings of my calls tho

i have a decent pair of headphones at work, a good one at home, and a shitty one in my car. i'm not getting stuck somewhere without being able to listen to something

yes, i listen to them in the correct ear. you do get some different channels into each headphone that may make a difference. in classic recordings its much more obvious because of the set up of instruments and recording devices. its also pretty noticeable if you are watching something or playing a video game. sound from those indicate direction so it would be kinda disorienting to have them reversed. 

i did this religiously up until a couple years ago. don't notice a difference

Most people won't.  Since the brain can't usually distinguish stereo sound from front to back which much detail, it still processes as being in front of you.  From left to right, it generally doesn't matter unless it's associated with a video where sounds coming from off screen could be confused.  I typically do make sure that I have the the correct monitor in each ear, but it doesn't affect the over quality of the sound or the monitors themselves if the ears are reversed.