UnevenEdge

Hey i had an idea for a new post-apocalyptic netflix show.

SwimModSponges

Boy howdy does Netflix love their post-apocalyptic shows. Zombie apocalypse? Been done to death (har har). Yellowstone volcanoe exploding + vampires? Yep they made that. Giant monsters all of a sudden for some reason? It was a movie, not a show, but the point stands. Nuclear apocalypse that kills all the adults leaving only high-schoolers? Yep they made that one too.

You know what they haven't done yet though?

A TimeStopocalypse.

Imagine your cast of characters wakes up one morning to silence, no traffic, no birds chirping, nothing. They go outside and its all still there, just completely frozen in time. 

So now they gotta do the whole survival thing, trying to figure out how everything got froze, why they're still fine... there could be bad guys who are really good at standing still and blending into the crowds of frozen people and only move when you're not looking... you know, the usual.

I mean I probably wouldn't watch the show myself because it'd just be a twist on the same basic premise they've done a thousand times already, but im sure somebody out there would dig it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Boy howdy does Netflix love their post-apocalyptic shows. Zombie apocalypse? Been done to death (har har). Yellowstone volcanoe exploding + vampires? Yep they made that. Giant monsters all of a sudden for some reason? It was a movie, not a show, but the point stands. Nuclear apocalypse that kills all the adults leaving only high-schoolers? Yep they made that one too.

You know what they haven't done yet though?

A TimeStopocalypse.

Imagine your cast of characters wakes up one morning to silence, no traffic, no birds chirping, nothing. They go outside and its all still there, just completely frozen in time. 

So now they gotta do the whole survival thing, trying to figure out how everything got froze, why they're still fine... there could be bad guys who are really good at standing still and blending into the crowds of frozen people and only move when you're not looking... you know, the usual.

I mean I probably wouldn't watch the show myself because it'd just be a twist on the same basic premise they've done a thousand times already, but im sure somebody out there would dig it.

I like it.  Maybe the baddies are trying to steal something or they're terrorists.  Maybe they're trying to overturn an election!

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

... what?

The baddies would be your run of the mill post-apocalyptic cannibals they always are, only now theyd have the creepy "weeping angel" thing going on too.

Fr, you don't go into jingo's futboll thread and ask him how his pepe is doing, do you?

Booooooooooooooooo

Yeah I never saw the movie but I watched a really good analysis of it on youtube.

But anyways I don't really think think there's too much similarity between the ideas.

That story is a literal frantic race against time, where people confront their impending mortality and other bad shit.

My story is just your typical post apocalyptic netflix script.

You know- apocalypse happens, protagonists chew the scenery for a bit, they decide to find out what happened/find a loved one/rebuild society... Bad shit happens, antagonist gets introduced, and there we go.

From then on out just write circular story arcs for as many seasons as they need baby.

I looked on the internet and it says I need to get me a lawyer if I want to pitch a show to netflix.

So there's a barrier.

Oh, that movie review (worth watching)

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix should make a K-drama where it’s a post apocalyptic Mad Max space, but they’re still working desk jobs and falling in love. They have quirky office mishaps while mutated monster people raid the building for resources.

My elevator pitch would be “The Last of Us, but in a high-rise office building where the CEO and the secretary fall in love.”

• Like 1