UnevenEdge

Housing Complex C Episode 2 Discussion

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, this feels like a 12 ep show, like Paranoia Agent with this atmosphere and these mysteries.

Such a well done setup so far.

Figures though.

I have no idea how they wrap this up in 45 minutes or less 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

This episode begs the question: would you rather be turned into moss... or sauce. Hmmmmm... I'd have to go with moss personally. The thought of someone putting me on ice and licking me up... no thanks. 🤢

I'd rather be moss than lost in the sauce or loose in the juice

• Haha 2

The expectations I took going into this were effectively dashed, in the most positive of senses. Here I was thinking it was gonna be Momo's corpse in the syrup, but not only were she, Hideo, Yoshiken and his wife instead transformed into moss, but what was in the syrup was what appeared to be a kidney with an eye in it, some kind of teratoma at best or Lovecraftian larva at worst. (At least, that's how I interpreted it before I finally recognized it as looking like a dog's head.) While I still think promotions could have tried something a little less spoiler-y with the next episode preview, that misdirection was worth it, making this episode a good inclusion to the pair to start off my first birthday where I'm solo running it. (Celebrations with family were done over the past two days, in case you were wondering.)

13 hours ago, saito34 said:

The Cthulu mythos is some genuinely scary and unsettling shit imo...they definitely picked a good back drop for a horror anime.

Personally, I think it's too easy a target for the show's lore. I was thinking they'd try and go for some sort of mix of Japanese and Bangladeshi mythology, so learning from discussion that it skewed in the direction of Lovecraft was a little disappointing. Still, it's fascinating for them to base it in Japan as opposed to the classical locations, and it's definitely several steps up from the last time anime tried their hand at the Cthulu mythos.

I'd have posted something more horrendous, but this was the best I could find on short notice.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1