UnevenEdge

Jason Demarco is Cautiously Optimistic about Chainsaw Man On Toonami

3 hours ago, Blatch said:

Nice try, Pollyanna.

The only way I can see this happening is if the Japanese companies involved think the show is so good it should be on American TV, as we've been speculating might happen with MHA (if it's not the case already).

That might be a valid strategy - Go over the licensor’s heads to point out the need for terrestrial TV.  Not sure how it would work though.  Still beats the alternative, DeMarco begging CR for help.

Baby come back!  You can blame it all on me!  I was wrong, and the block can’t live without you…

19 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

demarco chainsaw man.JPG

Trying to get it “if it’s good” might be a safer strategy to avoid picking up a flop but waiting to see in this industry all but assures you will lose a shot at getting the show before it’s a hit and that much more difficult to get and less likely to be a hit specifically for a TV block.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sketch said:

Trying to get it “if it’s good” might be a safer strategy to avoid picking up a flop but waiting to see in this industry all but assures you will lose a shot at getting the show before it’s a hit and that much more difficult to get and less likely to be a hit specifically for a TV block.

i agree....especially since they aren't in the position to just wait and hope something is good before they jump in to scoop it up

you either make an attempt to get it asap or you don't get it at all...that's how things are now

Considering they said that the anime will be uncensored, throwing Toonami a chopped to hell version to spur CR subscriptions feels like a very evil bait and switch.  

Alternatively, Standards and Practices could call this a Fujiko Mine situation and say “It won’t work, don’t bother.”

4 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Dude, Toonami was able to air Hellsing Ultimate without any issue regarding the violence. I think CSM's would be fine for the most part.

Oh I knew they did air Ultimate but I had no idea it was uncensored. That's what I get for not watching [as] for a while.

I would say CSM is about the same amount of violence as Ultimate.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It was MOSTLY uncensored. They had to censor a short scene in Episode 7 because it had necrophilia, for example.

...and now my phone knows that disgusting word! 🤪🤷‍♂️

Plus they cut a brief scene of pre-Fuckmothering Vampire Alucard getting ass-raped in episode 9.

[and that's without getting into the bleep counter]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, Jman said:

You have to remember all these execs are crusty dudes in their 70s and 80s who first came to power during the Carter administration.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batgirl-david-zaslav-warner-bros-discovery-1235333681/

The CEO is 60.  Plus, if he doesn't know what anime is, he's a pretty shitty businessman to be working in the entertainment industry.  Anime is pretty mainstream and big business now.

Edited by ben0119

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Really, what concerns me is how, after shooting down all possibility of any Crunchyroll-licensed show coming to Toonami in the foreseeable future, he thinks Chainsaw Man is the exception to the rule.

Well, here's why I suppose it COULD be: MAPPA, the same studio as Attack On Titan's 3-part final season.

This season of PRIMAL has raised the bar for brutality to the point something like this could work. Then again, I suppose it really doesn't go too much further than the likes of Hellsing Ultimate and Akame ga Kill!!

Edited by OwlChemist81