UnevenEdge

You sweet cow

Vamped

So another man at my job just told me his family bought two calves on a farm. The cows will be raised and then when their times comes, they'll be slaughtered and the family will get all the meat from those specific cows. 

It makes me think about living on a ranch/farm 

Could I kill a cow that I've raised. 

... Just look at the flowers Marietta... 

Wesley Crying Wesley Snipes GIF - Wesley Crying Wesley Snipes New Jack City  - Discover & Share GIFs

Then .... you serve them up and eat them and reminisce about how nice of a cow Marietta was .... unless  she was an asshole cow

But how nice of a burger she is now 

Cry Eating GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

The cow could die disease, or falling to prey in the wild. As a farmer, killing the cow wouldn't be as bad because I know the meat and skin would go to good use that would be better for the environment, I just don't know anything about cutting meat and would need a butcher. lol

• Like 3

one of my earliest memories was when i went to mexico to visit my great grand parents who lived in a small village. they had a small farm, with a pig which i grew very fond of. but one night i woke up to the wailing cries of the pig. always broke my heart. i still eat meat, but i dont think i can do it myself. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackiemarie90 said:

The cow could die disease, or falling to prey in the wild. As a farmer, killing the cow wouldn't be as bad because I know the meat and skin would go to good use that would be better for the environment, I just don't know anything about cutting meat and would need a butcher. lol

I just imagine having to string them up after you say good bye and having to drop all their not so little insides out and feeling like a human murderer 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

After seeing this, I just might

Screenshot_20220519-135737.thumb.png.61ca681582579accccfa050bfba80059.png

I feel like I could kill a chicken though .... I dunno about just standing there strangling it but I could kill it 

Probably 

Edited by Vamped
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

one of my earliest memories was when i went to mexico to visit my great grand parents who lived in a small village. they had a small farm, with a pig which i grew very fond of. but one night i woke up to the wailing cries of the pig. always broke my heart. i still eat meat, but i dont think i can do it myself. 

Can we not just shoot them first??? Isn't that more humane?

Edited by Vamped

chickens. 

i got to raise 2 chickens, when i was uprooted from the city, and plopped down i the country. 

the chickens had messed up legs, so i got to 'raise them', which i of course, thought that meant as pets. 

nope. 

slaughter day came and they were the 1st to go. i brought them down in the box. and when i found out why, i ran back to my room, to get my sunday school bible, to say last rites. 

yes. i did. 

now...that was traumatizing. BUT, yes, i can kill chickens i raise. the best and most humane way....if you will, is to hold them by the feet, spin them around a few times, get them dizzy, they close

their eyes once on the block. 

also raised pigs.  yes, i cried the first couple breakfasts...but it quickly passed. to know that you raised something, and nothing will go to waste, is a pretty awesome thing. imo. 

• Like 1