UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom 2nd (and Final) Season 17th Period (Episode #39) "Discord Time" Discussion!!

On 4/17/2022 at 5:31 AM, ben0119 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck happened in this episode, or why?

Half of E Class wants to save Koro-sensei because he's too cool to kill/let self-destruct, the other half wants to kill him because what even was the point of them being an assassination classroom, Karma and Nagisa almost kill each other over it, and Koro suggests everyone do paintball/capture-the-flag to determine which of the two methods gets done, because it's way more civilized than the alternative. Looked and sounded pretty straightforward to me, I can't imagine what problems you were having understanding it.

Really, the only question I have is why Kimura was on the red team. I could've sworn he went for blue during the seeding portion.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Half of E Class wants to save Koro-sensei because he's too cool to kill/let self-destruct, the other half wants to kill him because what even was the point of them being an assassination classroom, Karma and Nagisa almost kill each other over it, and Koro suggests everyone do paintball/capture-the-flag to determine which of the two methods gets done, because it's way more civilized than the alternative. Looked and sounded pretty straightforward to me, I can't imagine what problems you were having understanding it.

Really, the only question I have is why Kimura was on the red team. I could've sworn he went for blue during the seeding portion.

I mean, it seems pretty dumb for half the students to want to kill him, when they built a bond with Koro-sensei over the course of the school year.  But they still want to kill him, because they don't like the TWEEST reveal in-universe, and because of what their class essentially was, and the name of the show.  Basically, because reasons, and to have a forced conflict.  Also, the students arguing and fighting was out of character for many involved.

Why do the students think they can find a solution to Koro's self-destruction when all the world's best scientists could not, for nearly a year? 

Now that we know Koro-sensei destroying the Earth wasn't a threat, but more a warning, what will happen when he ultimately dies, it solves the contradiction of Koro wanting to wipe out the Earth and all of humanity and life along with it, despite his seemingly caring and kind-hearted personality.  But, if this is the case, why does he simply not volunteer to leave the Earth and blow up harmlessly in the emptiness of space?  Why have the world's governments not come together to make this happen?  It would not be difficult, given even the world's current development of spacecraft even when this show was first introduced.

Furthermore, I don't and can't remember the names of most of these forgettable nothing characters.  If you told me a 4th of them never appeared until this episode, I'd believe you.  The show is also generic despite the way out there premise.  But is flawed and full of bad writing, forced conflict and out of character moments, plotholes, internal inconsistencies, and contradictions.  This show is overrated and I will be glad when this generic bland blah of a show is gone from the block.

So yeah, it was pretty straightforward, but still didn't make itself make sense, because the author is incompetent.

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

The show is also generic despite the way out there premise.  But is flawed and full of bad writing, forced conflict and out of character moments, plotholes, internal inconsistencies, and contradictions.  This show is overrated and I will be glad when this generic bland blah of a show is gone from the block.

Shit like this is why it's impossible for me to discuss shows I like with anyone. Because if they're as adamant and obsessed and desperate to dislike it as you are right here and now, I don't think I could stop myself from lunging straight for the jugular of ad hominem.

Can't you just respect people's right to like a show you dislike, or are you too much of a bitter and shortsighted asshole to step outside of your contrarian safe space for a single second to do something as simple as that?

Edited by PokeNirvash

On 4/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Shit like this is why it's impossible for me to discuss shows I like with anyone. Because if they're as adamant and obsessed and desperate to dislike it as you are right here and now, I don't think I could stop myself from lunging straight for the jugular of ad hominem.

Can't you just respect people's right to like a show you dislike, or are you too much of a bitter and shortsighted asshole to step outside of your contrarian safe space for a single second to do something as simple as that?

I really don't care that much about this show.  You asked me what I thought didn't make sense about this episode and I explained why.  I won't think this show again after its gone, like most other shows or movies etc I don't much care for.  I really don't dislike it that much.  I just see it as a waste of time and space when there were so many better options.

Didn't you say in another thread that you like this show out of spite?  That sounds more contrarian than anything.  And it makes it hard to take you seriously.  I don't like or dislike shows out of spite or to piss anyone off.  I simply watch a show and form my own opinion of it.  I don't see how me answering your question and explaining my issues with the episode equates to me disrespecting your right to like the show.  You are free to do so, whatever the reasons may be.

Edited by ben0119