UnevenEdge

What will Toonami replace Made In Abyss with?

Well folks, we've only got 3 episodes of Made in Abyss left, and they're SURE to be disturbing as hell, but once they're done, Toonami has a gaping hole (no pun intended) in its schedule beginning on April 16th at 1:30 AM. So what will they use to fill it?

I want the movie on Toonami, and Jason certainly hinted at that. Perhaps it would take a spot from Ass Class for a week and it would air at 1 AM, but then what after that? Have Sentai and Toonami gotten in on the ground floor with a simuldub of that?

Then, there's always a potential return to Food Wars with Season 5. It got a head start on HBO Max earlier this month, so it would be a natural for a timeslot on Toonami, especially airing that late. Yashahime Season 2 is another potential taker for that slot. What do you think it will be?

Of course, the big elephants in the room are Shenmue and Attack on Titan, which are down to 6 episodes each, which means they are likely to end April 30th, so we'll need some SERIOUS new blood on Toonami on May 7th!

I mean, we don't have a premiere date for Season 2 yet, and at this point it sure as hell isn't coming in April. On the other hand, given that the weekend after Season 1 ends is also Easter Sunday, I'd love to see them air the movie as some sort of promotion for that. Forget God; we're worshipping the netherworld now, as well as the White Whistles that do their dirty work down there.

As for an actual show replacement: I've said this before, but if there were ever a time for Toonami to bring on Log Horizon, I think this is it. It would lock down a slot for at least a year, and it isn't another mindless mid-rate shonen. Or, if they want to keep up the theme of "The Best of Anime Strike", they could bring on either Girls' Last Tour or Land of the Lustrous, both of which have been dubbed. Either of 'em would beat more Food Wars! from a critical standpoint.

• Thanks 1

Movie would be nice. 

I know it's not as popular, but I still push for the last of 'Tokyo Ghoul' to aire. It's finite episodes so once done is done but would give them breathing room if they are still working on something else that isn't quite there yet. It would placehold one of the spots. 'Mob Psycho' is another one that I would like to see back. 

As for new-new, unknown. I don't know what 'flavor' they are currently interested in and that's probably for the best since things might get sucked up in an unnecessary bidding war. 

What I'm hoping they don't do is run all three FLCL back-to-back as general placeholders because that's going to be too much pushing for something they are already planning on fracking twice more. 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:48 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Regarding new-new, I'm thinking SPYxFAMILY is probably their best bet, unless Crunchyroll's banking on its success so hard they keep it site-exclusive through exorbitant broadcasting fees.

It’s gonna be site exclusive and subscriber exclusive to boot.

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2022 at 1:09 PM, Ginguy said:

This randomly popped up in my YT feed.

Not saying, just saiyan

Yes I know they said weekday mornings....

The Witch From Mercury isn’t out till October and odds are 50/50 it will be a Netflix show.

(I know that’s not what you meant but still).

As for replacements, most of the new stuff is locked down in the streaming bubble.  Jujutsu Kaisen for instance, is worth way more to CR than on Toonami especially with the movie doing bank.  Same with Tokyo Revengers and Shield Hero.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:09 PM, Ginguy said:

This randomly popped up in my YT feed.

Not saying, just saiyan

Yes I know they said weekday mornings....

Is that one of Caboose Jr's upscales?

Oof, that looks rough. Especially considering the actual Blu-ray's been out for years and looks exquisite:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Opening 1 | Just Communication - YouTube

3 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

hoping chainsaw man doesn't get picked up by netflix...I'd really like to see that on toonami

No thanks.  I’d rather have the show on Netflix where the violence won’t be edited.