UnevenEdge

Damn, almost made it...

Rogue_Alphonse

17 hours ago, Poof said:

this pc i built in 2014 gets this room pretty toasty when i gotta lotta tabs open

My mac has some kind of glitch where one of the background routines is duplicating itself and hogging (heh) the memory.   It's probably destroying my RAM, but, on the plus side, it's turning my Mac into a great space heater.

59 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

My mac has some kind of glitch where one of the background routines is duplicating itself and hogging (heh) the memory.   It's probably destroying my RAM, but, on the plus side, it's turning my Mac into a great space heater.

i unno nuffin bout no mac computers except for my phone

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Very nice.  I'd buy that.

But, fanless CPUs are always doomed to fail, especially now that CPUs are getting more comprehensive.

That’s just not true. They just have to be engineered properly.

like the one above. The case is the heat sink and it doesn’t look like much but the grooves increase the surface area something like 5x and it’s like 16 pounds of aluminum

Edited by Poof
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 8:07 PM, discolé monade said:

over 80 here, with humidity, making it feel almost 90.

tulip tree busted open with flowers. 

a bee bumped into me. and then hung around, i presume, cussing me out. 

I had a day of 71 and things sprouted, and it dropped down to 37, and now my skin is borderline unbearable when I am outside. I took an hour nap today because I was so worn out from pain

• Sad 2

On 2/27/2022 at 8:01 PM, Rogue_Alphonse said:

Psoriasis

Not a joke, have you tried a little dandruff shampoo as a bodywash for the area? [ provided the area isn't delicate and you don't have skin that reacts poorly to things like that ] 

I think it's the zinc in it that does the real trick but I've had that help out for the occasional weird patch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Not a joke, have you tried a little dandruff shampoo as a bodywash for the area? [ provided the area isn't delicate and you don't have skin that reacts poorly to things like that ] 

I think it's the zinc in it that does the real trick but I've had that help out for the occasional weird patch. 

Yeah, what seems to at least alleviate pain is Teatree, which I use on my scalp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogue_Alphonse said:

Yeah, what seems to at least alleviate pain is Teatree, which I use on my scalp

I get it on my arms. It's really embarrassing. 

I had a cold two months ago, and it popped back up, which being in sales is really difficult. I even have a weird coworker who pointed it out and asked "Hey what's wrong with your arm?" In front of my other coworkers, and I had to say "I have psoriasis and it's not contagious"  It seems like once I get it it's a struggle to get rid of it I take a lot of vitamins to help,  because I found that once I get sick and it pops back up then I need to be really hydrated and take vitamins trying to get rid of it I also have cortizone cream but that alone won't stop it. 

I think I do scratch in my sleep I'm considering wearing gloves to bed

Edited by Stonergoth187
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:38 AM, Stonergoth187 said:

I get it on my arms. It's really embarrassing. 

I had a cold two months ago, and it popped back up, which being in sales is really difficult. I even have a weird coworker who pointed it out and asked "Hey what's wrong with your arm?" In front of my other coworkers, and I had to say "I have psoriasis and it's not contagious"  It seems like once I get it it's a struggle to get rid of it I take a lot of vitamins to help,  because I found that once I get sick and it pops back up then I need to be really hydrated and take vitamins trying to get rid of it I also have cortizone cream but that alone won't stop it. 

I think I do scratch in my sleep I'm considering wearing gloves to bed

I'm going through it just like that but it has a good bit of the sides of my torso covered and a bit on my arms. My legs were bad but have majorly cleared up. I'm on the last of the prescriptions I have from living up north, which I use on the worst spots, and the rest gets Gold Bond... which has been doing well.

This flare-up is the worst manageable, fastest spread, and most painful I have ever had.

• Sad 2

On 2/24/2022 at 11:16 PM, Rogue_Alphonse said:

My furnace just ran out of heating oil.

I'm keeping the tank low/empty though, because I want to rip it out and pop in a propane unit.

At least I have a propane fireplace :3

Propane unit, huh?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s3a6pfs8qgt751bmbd

On 2/25/2022 at 5:14 PM, scoobdog said:

There was a major process glitch in a couple versions of macOS. It’s was really stupid. Only an erase and install would fix it. 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, scoobdog said:

I don't think this is it, but that's scary to know.

I hope this isn't it. Usually, it's just a program (or part of one) going rogue. A couple older versions of MacOS had an issue with the Push and Sync APIs with cloud services. They were patched out at a later date, thank goodness. Many times, a simple restart would fix the services, because it would quit them normally, then restart.
Unfortunately, there was a bug in a couple older versions where that service wouldn't right itself. Basically, it would sync, but not get part of the data, so it would re-search for the sync (to complete it), get it, but NOT register that it got it. So it would redo that process over and over, eating up processor speed (and battery on notebooks).

Good news is that it is really rare, and keeping up to date/patching normally fixes it. I'm thinking with yours, it's just a rogue service being stupid.

• Thanks 1