UnevenEdge

i think i have scurvy

Poof

1 minute ago, mthor said:

There are some really yummy vitamin c gummies out there.

I’ve been trying to be thrifty and I just didn’t realize how long it had been since I had any fruit or good amount of vegetables. I’ve been losing weight I’m at 147lbs 

• Sad 1

I already look and feel so much better. I looked really bad. Tbh I thought aging was just really kicking in. Like I looked in the mirror during all this and I was like “I know I’m tired but damn. Welp guess this is the new normal from here on out” but what a blessing that I really only had scurvy 😵💫

9 minutes ago, Poof said:

I already look and feel so much better. I looked really bad. Tbh I thought aging was just really kicking in. Like I looked in the mirror during all this and I was like “I know I’m tired but damn. Welp guess this is the new normal from here on out” but what a blessing that I really only had scurvy 😵💫

Are you still doing water fasting? Cause otherwise, I have no idea how you got scurvy, especially considering how fortified foods are nowadays.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:06 AM, Poof said:

I’ve been trying to be thrifty and I just didn’t realize how long it had been since I had any fruit or good amount of vegetables

I believe in the power of fruit and it is so cheap. Even my shitty Kroger puts out like discounted ugly/undesirable fruit bundles for $1 like older apples and pears with nicks in them and stuff. You should be eating some fruit at least several times a month, once every ten days, something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

Are you still doing water fasting? Cause otherwise, I have no idea how you got scurvy, especially considering how fortified foods are nowadays.

If I was fasting I would’ve taken vitamins and I usually eat apples and oranges when I’m fasting. I wasn’t fasting so I wasn’t thinking about that. I just didn’t realize how long it had been since I had fruits veggies. Vitamin C is generally not a fortification nutrient

1 minute ago, Poof said:

About 3-4 weeks. I don’t have a vessel

You don’t need no stinkin vessel to be a pirate.

3 weeks sounds kind of soon for scurvy I thought that takes months. If you got it like that to go to a doctor maybe go, but you said you were already feeling better from taking vitamin c so idk.  just please don’t succumb to an ancient sailor’s disease, please. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You don’t need no stinkin vessel to be a pirate.

3 weeks sounds kind of soon for scurvy I thought that takes months. If you got it like that to go to a doctor maybe go, but you said you were already feeling better from taking vitamin c so idk.  just please don’t succumb to an ancient sailor’s disease, please. 

My nutrition has been fairly volatile since like September and I may be more susceptible to nutrient deficiencies than the average bear on account of the drugs

• Like 1