UnevenEdge

what the hell was up with that Covid-19 Remote dubbing disclaimer on AC Season 2?

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

You're right.  I was going to say they really don't need to use that disclaimer anymore at this point, but this show was dubbed even before that point!  Hahaha

I mean, it IS worse than ever in terms of contagiousness, but it's not as bad if you're vaccinated so almost no one's paying attention.

But if I had to guess, they just throw it onto anything acquired from FUNimation these days, even if it WAS dubbed B.C. like ASS CLASS was. However, if I had to guess, most dubbing is probably STILL done from home these days as well. I don't think they ever stopped primarily recording lines from home in 2021.

I’d assume it’s so that people don’t rag on anyone’s particular mic quality or any delays that might’ve come back from when it was recorded or simulcast. But who’d be the jerk to get pissed or nitpicky about VA’s working remote?

The one production I remember having remote dubbing publicized, it was 13 Sentinels, but that might’ve been necessary for that because release delays wind up being a bigger deal for video games than a simulcast.

Also, it’d be a neat thing to mention after the fact because of the impressive hurdles that went into pulling it all off. Where I can see it being a victory lap for managing to dub a show from home studios. 

2 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I’d assume it’s so that people don’t rag on anyone’s particular mic quality or any delays that might’ve come back from when it was recorded or simulcast. But who’d be the jerk to get pissed or nitpicky about VA’s working remote?

The one production I remember having remote dubbing publicized, it was 13 Sentinels, but that might’ve been necessary for that because release delays wind up being a bigger deal for video games than a simulcast.

Also, it’d be a neat thing to mention after the fact because of the impressive hurdles that went into pulling it all off. Where I can see it being a victory lap for managing to dub a show from home studios. 

No, this show was licensed and dubbed a couple of years before the pandemic. That's why the massage is funny, because it doesn't apply at all to this case. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Top Gun said:

No, this show was licensed and dubbed a couple of years before the pandemic. That's why the massage is funny, because it doesn't apply at all to this case. 

it's just weird this never happened to AC during the first season but once it came back for season 2 on the block...there's a covid-19 disclaimer

Most dubbed anime airing currently is likely to have that sort of disclaimer attached to the start of things automatically as part of the package. That way, if it's being automatically applied to all the things, it'll also be included on new things where it definitely applies.

For those that are aware it's an older show, the disclaimer is kinda funny. For those that aren't, it's a reminder that things are still kinda work-from-home with the dubbing so maybe don't cry if the newest thing doesn't get dubbed super immediately. It's a slow but steady process right now. 

• Like 2

I'm just mostly confused because i don't get the reasoning behind pretending even stuff they dubbed years and years ago was dubbed today....there's covering your bases and then there's just lying for no apparent reason whatsoever

this never appeared at all while AC S1 aired on toonami so why start now?

I read a theory on Twitter claiming that it wasn't so much deliberate lying as it was the episode prepper for FUNi just adding one out of instinct. Outside of rattling the part of me who likes things to be as factual as possible, it really isn't that big a deal if you think hard and deep enough about it.

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

I read a theory on Twitter claiming that it wasn't so much deliberate lying as it was the episode prepper for FUNi just adding one out of instinct. Outside of rattling the part of me who likes things to be as factual as possible, it really isn't that big a deal if you think hard and deep enough about it.

probably but in that case It won't be much of  a thing moving forward if it was a honest mistake then again Dr Stone S2 Aired entirely with the Opening missing the logo...so who knows

Edited by CountFrylock

On 1/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, CountFrylock said:

well whatever the case is....Jason Demarco doesn't know why the disclaimer is there and he couldn't care less honestly(doesn't see the issue)

Good to know Demarco is so lackadaisical about how shows are presented on his block.  Not that this particular case matters that much, but it's the principle of the thing.

• D'oh 1

still...does this mean everything funimation has dubbed will be slapped with a covid-19 disclaimer?

this didn't happen at the latter half of S1 so this change is confusing unless it's just something they are doing for the sake of people who think funimation is a brand new company and everything they've dubbed recently came out

Edited by CountFrylock

Seriously, do just have a complete goddamn lack of anything else to do with your time that you spend it fixating on a superfluous five-second message at the beginning of a cartoon every week? Do you wanna come clean my house and put up the Christmas stuff I've been too lazy to put away for a month?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2