UnevenEdge

Fuji TV head confirms S2 of Demon Slayer won't be edited from manga

Jman

why would it be?

unlike something such as my hero academia  Demon slayer is airing in the middle of the night

my hero academia airs at 5:30 PM that series cannot keep things the same as the manga

because that time slot prevents it from being accurate as the series goes on

Edited by CountFrylock

No amount of whores will make up for how they hurt me with that movie.

Spoiler

If I had a nickle for every time I've watched a hot dude with fire powers get fisted through the chest in a fight while defending the main character, I'd have two nickles. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it's happened twice now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I don’t remember the Red Light District arc being explicit, but I’d guess they’re being asked a ton of questions about it because the arc does focus on brothels and the women who work there. 

it's also because Demon Slayer has a lot of children that enjoy it in Japan

gonna be awkward when they watch season 2 and are introduced to the world of brothels

On 9/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, Jman said:

The next arc is about sex workers.

Are you serious? xD

I thought I remembered that the manga ended prematurely on a bad note or something and fans were in an uproar.  So I thought they were wanting the anime to "fix" things and that's what this topic would be about.  Well, I hope that stuff I was hearing was wrong then.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, CountFrylock said:

it's also because Demon Slayer has a lot of children that enjoy it in Japan

gonna be awkward when they watch season 2 and are introduced to the world of brothels

I thought Japan had the opposite attitude on this.  That sexual content was more okay for kids (and audiences in general,) but violence was considered more extreme.  I thought this was why Deadman Wonderland did poorly in Japan, but Americans loved the edgelordness and gore.

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Are you serious? xD

I thought I remembered that the manga ended prematurely on a bad note or something and fans were in an uproar.  So I thought they were wanting the anime to "fix" things and that's what this topic would be about.  Well, I hope that stuff I was hearing was wrong then.

..... are you serious?

I thought the first season was setting up the idea that the several succeeding arcs would each focus on one of the Hashira trying to aide Tanjiro in a different location each time. ... so far we only had Rengoku on a train in the movie. Now the second season appears to be continuing that pattern, but you're now telling me the manga ended prematurely!?? ... by this point we're gonna have like TEN MORE seasons!! How many Hashira did they cover in the manga!?

On 9/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, elfie said:

..... are you serious?

I thought the first season was setting up the idea that the several succeeding arcs would each focus on one of the Hashira trying to aide Tanjiro in a different location each time. ... so far we only had Rengoku on a train in the movie. Now the second season appears to be continuing that pattern, but you're now telling me the manga ended prematurely!?? ... by this point we're gonna have like TEN MORE seasons!! How many Hashira did they cover in the manga!?

Well from what I heard (I didn't want to look too closely because I didn't want to run into spoilers,) people were upset the Demon Slayer manga ended when and how it did.  To me it came off as abrupt.  It did seem surprising it ended as soon as it did, especially with well it was doing, and everything that had been set up and all the characters that were introduced.  If the Hashira and 12 Kisuki hasn't been introduced, I could understand it being a shorter series. 

But I have no idea how far ahead the manga was of the anime at that time or how many chapters there are.  I've never read any of the manga and I can't look further into the situation without spoiling myself or just going and binging the whole manga, which I don't feel like doing.

For all I know I was hearing wrong, or the people who were upset about the ending were a minority of malcontents that don't know what they're talking about.

• Like 2