UnevenEdge

Gunbuster getting rereleased with an English dub thanks to Discotek

Jman

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Bandai Visual didn't think a dub was worth it, I guess.

Why, though? What did Bandai Vi$ual U$A think was going to happen?

I never bought anything from them except for the Blu-ray release of Wings of Honneamise, and that was well after they folded. I had previously bought the Manga Entertainment DVD and upgraded last year. I also managed to find a good deal on the Blu-ray disc.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 3:25 AM, MasqueradeOverture said:

the-office-its-happening-gif-5 - Student Union Sports

Bu... but I thought the lack of existing separate SFX tracks is what prevented it from getting dubbed for years. Did someone actually find the multitrack audio masters?

This is the same Discotek that found the original Project A-Ko workprint decades after it was considered lost and scoured the Internet and old VHS collections for obscure European dubs.  If anyone could do it, it’s them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jman said:

This is the same Discotek that found the original Project A-Ko workprint decades after it was considered lost and scoured the Internet and old VHS collections for obscure European dubs.  If anyone could do it, it’s them.

Well... damn.

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Toonami, you guys better get this...

It's old as shit, but we're currently in yet another round of Anno fever with the last Rebuild out, so who knows?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...