UnevenEdge

bnmjy's idiotic wall of text praise about the word "The"

bnmjy

The English definite article, the word the. The most commonly used word in our language. It doesn't even have gender, unlike say French. Yeah, so much for being progressive, you baguette-sniffing gender-assuming shitlords.

Anyway, the word "The" represents English nicely by graphemes (letters) and phonology (sound). "The" contains "t" and "e," respectively, the most common consonant letter and the most common vowel letter in the English language. The "t" combines with "h" to make a voiced fricative, or rather the "th-sound." English is one of the few Germanic languages (i.e. German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc..) to retain the th-sound. The "e" in represents a schwa, or rather uh sound, which is the most common vowel sound uttered in English. It's like the word "the" is presenting English's most common alphabetical and phonological features while also showcasing one of its peculiarities.

Well . . . not really a wall a text, but I never thought I'd be given context to write this tidbit. Thank you, @Kudasai

On 7/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, bnmjy said:

The English definite article, the word the. The most commonly used word in our language. It doesn't even have gender, unlike say French. Yeah, so much for being progressive, you baguette-sniffing gender-assuming shitlords.

Anyway, the word "The" represents English nicely by graphemes (letters) and phonology (sound). "The" contains "t" and "e," respectively, the most common consonant letter and the most common vowel letter in the English language. The "t" combines with "h" to make a voiced fricative, or rather the "th-sound." English is one of the few Germanic languages (i.e. German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc..) to retain the th-sound. The "e" in represents a schwa, or rather uh sound, which is the most common vowel sound uttered in English. It's like the word "the" is presenting English's most common alphabetical and phonological features while also showcasing one of its peculiarities.

Well . . . not really a wall a text, but I never thought I'd be given context to write this tidbit. Thank you, @Kudasai

I prefer Ye

2 hours ago, -Ninja_Jesus- said:

I prefer Ye

That is still pronounced the same as the. The th sound wasn't standardized being written as th yet during th time it was written as ye. At the time, the sound was still represented as thorn, Þ, and the letter was not used in Germany, where the printing press was invented. So they temporarily settled writing the as ye.

The more you know . . . and god do I feel like a fucking nerd right now.

Edited by bnmjy
happy?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

That is still pronounced the same as the. The th sound wasn't standardized being written as th yet during th time it was written as ye. At the time, the sound was still represented as thorn, Þ, and the letter was not used in Germany, where the printing press was invented. So they temporarily settled writing the as ye.

The more you know . . . and god do I feel like a fucking nerd right now.

Nerds know how to format posts.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, wacky1980 said:

Didn't read the post, just here to say I really dislike girlfriend. Ugh.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, bnmjy said:

Finally the first person to acknowledge fnf. So now I can post this

It wasnt gonna be me, shit's dumb. I really hate that weird corner of gaming where just being hard and annoying so you can yell in your mic for views...i am bread comes to mind....but wacky has kids too, so im sure its the only reason he's aware of her as well.

24 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It wasnt gonna be me, shit's dumb. I really hate that weird corner of gaming where just being hard and annoying so you can yell in your mic for views...i am bread comes to mind....but wacky has kids too, so im sure its the only reason he's aware of her as well.

The game reminds me of old newground flash games, as it's created by people from the site's heyday. I wish I had known about the kickstarter, as I would donated. The fully fledged game is supposed to come out next year, but kickstarters never release on time.

Edited by bnmjy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

The game reminds me of old newground flash games, as it's created by people from the site's heyday. I wish I had known about the kickstarter, as I would donated. The fully fledged game is supposed to come out next year, but kickstarters never release on time.

My son asked me did I know about newgrounds, and i think he doesnt believe me when i say it's older than him

• Like 2

12 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Ugh, that's their shit right now...them watching yub and other yt gamers play thru these fnf mod maps and me wanting to beep bop blow my brains out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

Ugh, that's their shit right now...them watching yub and other yt gamers play thru these fnf mod maps and me wanting to beep bop blow my brains out. 

Neff watches yt, buddy legit plays it...in my room...with no fucking headphones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Neff watches yt, buddy legit plays it...in my room...with no fucking headphones.

i think the middle boy installed in on their gaming pc the other day...or maybe it was on his tablet idk...but they're playing the roblox versions of it and we forced them to start wearing ears because fuck that soundtrack.

10 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

i think the middle boy installed in on their gaming pc the other day...or maybe it was on his tablet idk...but they're playing the roblox versions of it and we forced them to start wearing ears because fuck that soundtrack.

His laptop has TABS (totally accurate battle simulator) on it and he's used all his memory on that and every mod that fucking exists so he asked if he could use my comp to download it .....i didn't know what it was then.

I honestly dont know of my kids still have tablets....ive bought 4....i havent seen any of them since 2020

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

His laptop has TABS (totally accurate battle simulator) on it and he's used all his memory on that and every mod that fucking exists so he asked if he could use my comp to download it .....i didn't know what it was then.

I honestly dont know of my kids still have tablets....ive bought 4....i havent seen any of them since 2020

the two youngest boys got ipads for their birthdays a year ago when covid was going on, because their school was doing remote learning thru an ipad app ecosystem. these ipads have lasted a lot longer than the junk amazon fire tablets we'd been buying pretty much every year for them. i'm surprised someone hasn't busted / lost one yet.