UnevenEdge

McDonald's BTS meal

bnmjy

It’s the only one of these music-themed meals I’d be tempted to get because it’s just chicken nuggets and fries with two sauces.

There isn’t a convoluted “Big Mac but with no pickles and an Oreo McFlurry” or “Quarter Pounder with lettuce and bacon and a Sprite” like the other musician orders. 

It’s just “imagine these nuggets with some cheap gochujang sauce and even cheaper cajun sauce”. I can respect the simplicity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Chicken nuggets with two sauces picked by the banned and inspired by McDonald’s South Korea.  

what could go wrong 😬

Instead of shouting “I’m Pickle Rick!” like what happened with the Szechuan sauce, the BTS Army will play fancams for the cashier as if to cancel them in real life if they run out of the BTS sauces.

Edited by Chapinator_X
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

Instead of shouting “I’m Pickle Rick!” like what happened with the Szechuan sauce, the BTS Army will play fancams for the cashier as if to cancel them in real life if they run out of the BTS sauces.

Their fans remind me of the ‘50’s and 60’s when fans would shriek when Elvis or the Beatles took the stage, to the point of fainting.  So that’s likely 

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Their fans remind me of the ‘50’s and 60’s when fans would shriek when Elvis or the Beatles took the stage, to the point of fainting.  So that’s likely 

The same situation kinda happened with newer acts like One Direction and 2010-era Justin Bieber. Funny enough, I don’t remember if people really cared when Backstreet Boys did a BK promotional during the height of the 90’s boy band wars. 

I think the main difference with BTS is how much of a role social media played in bolstering their international success, making their western fans more tech-literate and making it easier to aggressively push for their favorite boy band’s presence on and offline.

Stan culture also made Kpop fandoms in general thrive on theatrics, so aggressive or dramatic efforts to support your band means as much to hardcore fans as buying merch or loving the music. 

Apologies for the rambling. I’m always fascinated with looking into how trends grow, thrive, or decline.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

image.png.d28a2a7616c19c85aaccc50ba644f8c1.png

lol, joking there, cause I know it would go over people's heads. Everything I said was just stereotypical Korean things.

BTS is shortened for Bangtan Boys from their name in Korean.

1 minute ago, bnmjy said:

lol, joking there, cause I know it would go over people's heads. Everything I said was just stereotypical Korean things.

BTS is shortened for Bangtan Boys from their name in Korean.

Obvious joke was obvious, hence the Good Capt.  I knew what it stood for in reality, but it took a moment to shake the "Back to School" from my head.

What a coincidence, just got done eating it a few minutes ago. Went to McDonald's this morning/last night not sure what to order, and saw that... Had no idea wtf BTS was, but my go-to for McDonald's is a 10 piece McNugget meal with fries and a Coke, so.... sure, I'll try these new sauces. It seemed like making it its own item is extremely pointless, just introduce the new sauces and let people order McNuggets and when you ask them what kind of dipping sauce they want, they can request those.

Anyway, I thought the cajun sauce was pretty good, but the sweet chili sauce was abysmal.... the closest comparison I can make to it is cough syrup. Who knows, if you chug enough McDonald's sweet chili sauce, maybe you'll get high.

• Like 1