UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack Episode "XCII" Season Five Premiere Discussion Thread

samurai-jack-season-5.png?w=782

Gotta get back

samurai-jack-season-5-release-date.JPG

Back to the past

Samurai-Jack-600x303.jpg

samurai-jack-title-logo.png

Tonight at 11pm on Toonami Samurai Jack officially marks his long awaited return with episode XCII

In the fifth season premiere, Jack begins slipping into madness and begins to find his psyche his own worst enemy

So join us won't you

tumblr_ol0wofQ3qR1w4o831o2_r1_500.gif

It's sure to be a blast

Only on Toonami

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread. :)

I flipped to Destination America for background noise the other morning and there was a Samurai Jack promo.  This is the first time I can think of them doing an ad off-network for an Adult Swim show, much less a Toonami one.  I assume the ads must have run on various other networks as well.  They're really going all out for this one!

By the way, I wasn't here for the shows live last weekend because my friend brought Zelda over, and we pretty much played that 24/7, aside from the WWE PPV on Sunday.  Great game!  Finally we've got a nonlinear Zelda just like Zelda 1, and it's huge!  A breath of fresh air for the series!  Too much for me to gush on right now so suffice to say I'll be getting the game myself ASAP.  Just didn't have the money together to buy it on release day.

The problem is that Samurai Jack was created for babies, so now this series has to live up to its TV-14 billing.

When I said a show was "for babies" once I got called out, but when Zeni does it every second no one say a thing.

just fair warning with the sucky way my internet has been working lately it's always possible I'll lose connection or my TV will go out and I won't be able to finish the block with you

so if I suddenly dissapear during toonami don't panic

The problem is that Samurai Jack was created for babies, so now this series has to live up to its TV-14 billing.

LOLno.

Anyway, looking at the new trailers I have no doubt that it's been adjusted (at least a bit) to be able to take advantage of some more of the things they can show now for the older target audience.

Nice.

Yeah, it seems to have gotten a good advertising push, I remember seeing several of the teaser trailers front-loaded on Youtube.

Don't flip on the Samurai Jack stream if you don't want spoilers, they kinda started airing it 15 minutes early lol...

Edit: Oh just noticed, that actually was the stream schedule, to air it at 10:30 even though it doesn't premiere on Toonami until 11pm... WEIRD.

Edit: Oh just noticed, that actually was the stream schedule, to air it at 10:30 even though it doesn't premiere on Toonami until 11pm... WEIRD.

Yeah I saw that on Facebook, they were having a live Q&A with Genndy and then said they were premiering the episode on the stream before it premieres on TV. It's like a stream exclusive

Nice.

Yeah, it seems to have gotten a good advertising push, I remember seeing several of the teaser trailers front-loaded on Youtube.

Don't flip on the Samurai Jack stream if you don't want spoilers, they kinda started airing it 15 minutes early lol...

Arby's tweeted that they're making a Samurai Jack-themed packaging for their food! :D