UnevenEdge

if you lived in CyberPunk 2077 world...

CorbeauKarasu

would you augment yourself with cyber parts? is that really something people would do if given the chance? i now about how body modification isn't all that uncommon, but to replace huge parts of one's body with machine...i can't wrap my head around doing that for purely cosmetic reasons.

if you would do that, what parts would you add/augment on yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I would, but I'd prioritize practicality over aesthetics. I don't need purple hair or dichromatic eyes or something stupid like that.

Aesthetics change over time anyway, and I wouldn't mind being one of the forefronters of augmentation becoming normalized.

You’d also have to ask yourself if you’d do the same in the Deus Ex universe. Augmentation would help to survive, but there’s also the existential “am I human or machine?” kind of questions that cyberpunk stories tend to bring out. Or the idea that having tech applied to your body would open up the opportunity to potentially have an even deeper stranglehold on your identity and privacy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...