UnevenEdge

So they're ignoring that the Joker was the Red Hood, and batman knocked him into acid turning him into the joker. It's fucking up there with bruce's parents getting shot in crime alley. How do you fuck up that origin? Then again the live action films never seemed to give much of a fuck either. 

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

So they're ignoring that the Joker was the Red Hood, and batman knocked him into acid turning him into the joker. It's fucking up there with bruce's parents getting shot in crime alley. How do you fuck up that origin? Then again the live action films never seemed to give much of a fuck either. 

because they like to go with this "The Joker Could be Anyone or he could be a demon" story

where they can just be super mysterious and vague about the joker while not pinning down a definitive origin for him

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

the animated adaptions always skip over the Joker having been the Red Hood

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

So name actor vanity/stunt casting is responsible for some of the questionable casting in this?

For some of the roles yeah, but I wouldn't really count for Bruce, since it looks like this would have been 3 years before Gotham the show.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

For some sure, but not for Bruce, since it looks like this would have been 3 years before Gotham the show.

Was he considered famous before then?  According to IMDb he was in the O.C. and some show called Southland.  I don't know how major his characters were in those shows though since I never saw them.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Was he considered famous before then?  According to IMDb he was in the O.C. and some show called Southland.  I don't know how major his characters were in those shows though since I never saw them.

Not sure either, didn't watch either of those though I think I'd heard the title O.C. before.

8 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

because they like to go with this "The Joker Could be Anyone or he could be a demon" story

where they can just be super mysterious and vague about the joker while not pinning down a definitive origin for him

Joker claims he can't remember who he was and changes his origin story on a whim. 

6 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

that's just poor writing and them wanting to make the joker this badass who doesn't need an origin story

It works because he's meant to be fucking insane. The accepted one though is the backstory shown in the killing joke. Shit comedian that got caught up in crime to pay debts then went insane from his acid bath. 

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

It works because he's meant to be fucking insane. The accepted one though is the backstory shown in the killing joke. Shit comedian that got caught up in crime to pay debts then went insane from his acid bath. 

and then three jokers happened....

18 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So this movie came out in 2011?  How long have they been doing these movies?  And they aren't part of the DC animated universe, right?  They just adapt various comics?  I remember seeing one about the Justice League being formed.  Not sure if it was CN or what.

Don't really know either. I remember around the release of Justice League: War that supposedly they were going to somewhat follow off each other but I agree the ones I've seen never feel like they continue anything except for a handful of obvious ones like Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen.

This is the main thing that came up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Animated_Movie_Universe

Edited by DangerMouse