UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 303 Discussion

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Ha remember when genjutsu was a big deal 

Tsukuyomi.png

Yep. Only when it's done by an Uchiha, otherwise genjutsu may as well not exist.

Sakura seemingly never even gets to do anything about them either despite her supposed perfect chakra control that should make her capable of breaking any of them.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, she could have given us something new about them since she wasn't there before.

ff8238e31b9ec7b6b79487d2de72aaeb.gif

Ino could have fought kimimaro though I don't think that would made for an interesting fight or made a whole new sound ninja entirely but that would  have been a retcon so the staff just dismissed ino entirely 

Edited by Roymustang1990

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

Ino could have fought kimimaro though I don't think that would made for an interesting fight or made a whole new sound ninja entirely but that would  have been a retcon so the staff just dismissed ino entirely

Yeah, that probably made it tricky

7 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I really don't know what Kishi had planned for ino. Like lets make a better version of Sakura, but never use her other than filler which usually ends up being the better than the normal arcs in the series. 

1544460961105.jpg

MV5BZDg4NzkxMjUtMzgxNy00ZGE5LTkzOGItNjBkNWEyMmQ2NTY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc0NjY1ODk@._V1_.jpg

e844.JPG

ot98j4dmuejjidzx9rzi.jpg

1558120856762.jpg

• Like 1

I'm going to stand by what I thought years back when I saw the first episode. This would have been the best team. First characters shown everyone is pissed looking like delinquents. Also having Asuma for a sensei and learning team work and shit. Ino could use her mind jutsu on Naruto when he's going wild and get to see the demon fox inside of him, and help him out. It would have been great. 

But wait what about sakura. She sucks and can go hang out with ten ten and the other jobbers. 

But what about Sasuke, Naruto needs his rival Sasuke! This is where the better part would come in. Instead of dumped in a room with some ramen by the 3rd hokage. He'd get adopted by Sasuke's mom.  Isn't like Sasuke and Naruto's moms weren't friends. Then Sasuke and Naruto would be raised as actual brothers. Except Sasuke would have sibling rivalry and know that Naruto isn't his real brother. This could be made more apparent by Sasuke's dad being nicer to naruto. Unknown to Sasuke it would be because he plans to use the 9 tails to help in his plan to take over the village. This triggers Itachi to tattle, and have to kill everyone except Naruto and Sasuke. 

best team.JPG

1587339083560.png

756.jpg

1575406442535.jpg

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

1529135717556.jpg

She's so good that even Kishimoto's bullshit with the female characters couldn't fully break her coolness, except in that copout where she should have gotten a clear win over Shikamaru.

And that was all the way back in early part 1 so that's pretty good for a female character in this show.

Edited by DangerMouse

25 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I really don't know what Kishi had planned for ino. Like lets make a better version of Sakura, but never use her other than filler which usually ends up being the better than the normal arcs in the series. 

1544460961105.jpg

MV5BZDg4NzkxMjUtMzgxNy00ZGE5LTkzOGItNjBkNWEyMmQ2NTY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc0NjY1ODk@._V1_.jpg

e844.JPG

ot98j4dmuejjidzx9rzi.jpg

1558120856762.jpgone of 

one of ino's decided  roles was to be the rival of sakura when it came to actual fighting on the field(though the rivalry for that aspect was so short lived its almost like it never happened ,and Ino should have easily won that) , and also be competition when it came to fantasizing heavily about being with sasuke romantically. There's just one problem with that though,sasuke is never seen interacting with Ino  or even acknowledges her existence (if I remember correctly) which makes Ino feel likes she's just sakura rival..to be her rival... Because...lol

I can't remember what ino did in those filler eps

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

She's so good that even Kishimoto's bullshit with the female characters couldn't fully break her coolness, except in that copout where she should have gotten a clear win over Shikamaru.

I'd like to think that Garra was psyched when he heard about Temari dating someone from the leaf, and probably thought it was Naruto. As she'd have to thank him somehow for saving their family. Then throws this extravagant wedding party put on by his whole village, only to find out that it's shikamaru which slightly kills him a little more inside. He's still going to call naruto oniichan though; but it's not the same!  

Gaara.png

Yeah I don't remember any particular interactions scenes with Ino and Sasuke or even any real reactions from him about her (You're right, does he even mention her name in the show?? lol) so if there were any they must have been few and at the very beginning.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I'd like to think that Garra was psyched when he heard about Temari dating someone from the leaf, and probably thought it was Naruto. As she'd have to thank him somehow for saving their family. Then throws this extravagant wedding party put on by his whole village, only to find out that it's shikamaru which slightly kills him a little more inside. He's still going to call naruto oniichan though; but it's not the same!  

LMAO

Shikamaru totally thinking his extravagant wedding is a drag the whole time too no doubt lol

Edited by DangerMouse

3 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

one of ino's decided  roles was to be the rival of sakura when it came to actual fighting on the field(though the rivalry for that aspect was so short lived its almost like it never happened ,and Ino should have easily won that) , and also be competition when it came to fantasizing heavily about being with sasuke romantically. There's just one problem with that though,sasuke is never seen interacting with Ino  or even acknowledges her existence (if I remember correctly) which makes Ino feel likes she's just sakura rival..to be her rival... Because...lol

I can't remember what ino did in those filler eps

There was an episode where Sakura had no friends (ha). Then Ino became her friend and gave her, her hair ribbon. Then later ino tells Sakura that she like Sasuke. Sakura freaks out because she likes Sasuke and throws away the gift Ino gave her. Ino gives her back and tells her it was a gift and they're friends. Sakura then declares Ino her rival and she won't lose sasuke to her. 

Pretty much Sakura is a fucking garbage pile of a human the more backstory they try to give to her, and makes Ino look even better by comparison. If the series had been changed and had Ino train under Tsunade it would have just been a far better character than Sakura, as it would be not only her jutsu but also super strength. 

fb.JPG

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I don't remember any particular interactions scenes with Ino and Sasuke or even any real reactions from him about her (You're right, does he even mention her name in the show?? lol) so if there were any they must have been few and at the very beginning.

I can't remember if they talked in the forest of death, but overall there was nothing meaningful ever said. 

side with inosakura.JPG

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I can't remember if they talked in the forest of death, but overall there was nothing meaningful ever said. 

Definitely. I can't even remember if he even said anything to her after Ino-Shika-Cho saves them after their first fight with Orochimaru, or if more likely he just says something to Shikamaru if he says anything at all, but regardless I don't remember him acknowledging her existence really at all like Roy said, lol.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

LOL

context was they ask Naruto what personality he likes better. If he says quiet types it sides with Hinata, and if he says confident types he sides with Ino and Sakura. If you side with Hinata then you have to fight ino and sakura, and vise versa.  I miss the fanfic dating sim filler aspect of naruto games. 

hqdefault (3).jpg

hqdefault.jpg

dumplings.jpg

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

There was an episode where Sakura had no friends (ha). Then Ino became her friend and gave her, her hair ribbon. Then later ino tells Sakura that she like Sasuke. Sakura freaks out because she likes Sasuke and throws away the gift Ino gave her. Ino gives her back and tells her it was a gift and they're friends. Sakura then declares Ino her rival and she won't lose sasuke to her. 

Pretty much Sakura is a fucking garbage pile of a human the more backstory they try to give to her, and makes Ino look even better by comparison. If the series had been changed and had Ino train under Tsunade it would have just been a far better character than Sakura, as it would be not only her jutsu but also super strength. 

fb.JPG

I agree with what you said lol

Though  let's say,we don't throw out their rivalry though(even though their backstory just sounds so silly lol) as I could potentially see ino also being another prime motivator for sakura to start learning her own unique power (and sakura wouldn't have to wait for tsunade) like  masashi could have better written their rivalry  when it came to the actual fighting like:

-sakura vs ino fight 1 - ino beats sakura with her power easily but this loss finally motivates sakura to learn her new unique power

-Sakura vs ino fight 2- sakura beats ino with her new power 

-sakura vs ino fight 3- I'm not sure who wins fight 3,I guess sakura wins or it could have ended in a draw like the series but  the way masashi wrote their initial actual fight ,he really tried to paint it like it was the climax of  their bout even though it was only their first actual fight to actually happen,like masashi just skipped  lazily to the end,and the payout felt so unsatisfying(as expected)

@DangerMouse yeah,I don't remember  much or any acknowledge from sasuke to ino,just straight dismissals,which means masashi wrote sakura's  backstory for almost nothing 

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

masashi could have better written their rivalry  when it came to the actual fighting

He could have actually written any thing and it would have been better than the asspull he had. Oh lets have Ino use her mind jutsu on Sakura to win. Jk  Sakura has an inner Sakura that we will never explain and can overpower Ino's jutsu. 

main-qimg-fcbd1c91e7d31ea7682cff3ec5ab2f3f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I agree with what you said lol

Though  let's say,we don't throw out their rivalry though(even though their backstory just sounds so silly lol) as I could potentially see ino also being another prime motivator for sakura to start learning her own unique power (and sakura wouldn't have to wait for tsunade) like  masashi could have better written their rivalry  when it came to the actual fighting like:

-sakura vs ino fight 1 - ino beats sakura with her power easily but this loss finally motivates sakura to learn her new unique power

-Sakura vs ino fight 2- sakura beats ino with her new power 

-sakura vs ino fight 3- I'm not sure who wins fight 3,I guess sakura wins or it could have ended in a draw like the series but  the way masashi wrote their initial actual fight ,he really tried to paint it like it was a climax of their bout even though it was only their first actual fight to actually happen,like masashi just skipped  lazily to the end,and the payout felt so unsatisfying(as expected)

@DangerMouse yeah,I don't remember  much of any acknowledge from sasuke to ino,just straight dismissals,which means masashi wrote sakura's  backstory for almost nothing 

Good stuff.

Yeah, we didn't get any kind of progression at all with their fight or really much of anything to build off from it.

• Thanks 1

The funny thing is that the problem Kishi had with the series is that he didn't have HunterxHunter to copy from after a point. I like Naruto and am not a fan of HunterxHunter, though it's easy to see what was lifted from HunterxHunter. The thing is that Kishi was able to reimagine those arcs and characters far better. When he ran out of a template to work from though he really began to shit the bed. The real downfall of the series though in my view was still the pain arc in the anime. The manga was fine till Pain brought everyone back to life, and Kishi killed of Konan for no real reason, despite him taking a strong no death stance.

I think it had something to do with the earthquake at the time. A lot of mangaka were changing how they did things.  It's also when HSOTD stopped due to all the depressing shit and death in Japan. Studio's I think wanted more escapism rather than being reminded of the death around them. I think that may have also been the trigger for Isekai to become popular. It's like dead people just go to another world and get harems and demon lords to kill, it's fine!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

1544460961105.jpg

I think we should also point out this. That when Naruto was in a "no way he's going to win" battle against Neji. Ino has to remind Sakura to stop being a bitch and cheer for her teammate. The guy next to Sakura looks fucking disgusted by her, and the guy behind ino is probably pissed that ino doesn't move her head a little more so he doesn't have to see Sakura's face. 

1558332107354.jpg

• Haha 2