UnevenEdge

Fire Force(S2)Premiere will be shown during the Funimation Virtual Con Friday

10 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Funimation can hardly keep an app or their website video player running without crashes. I'm not optimistic about them doing live viewings and having tens of thousands of people trying to watch at the same time. Just sense the joe bob shudder problem again. 

here's another thing I am worried about- they have all these scheduled with no breaks between the other. Guests will likely have to get ready for the next event with 0 minutes to spare unless they want them all to start late.

25 minutes ago, elfie said:

here's another thing I am worried about- they have all these scheduled with no breaks between the other. Guests will likely have to get ready for the next event with 0 minutes to spare unless they want them all to start late.

I don't think that prep time is going to be an issue. I think more of the issue is going to be on the AV side of things. Especially if they do this with all panelists speaking from their own homes, and using all their own computers and equipment. If that is the case it's going to be a nightmare for AV due to everyone using different equipment and internet connections. Either way if it's from home or the studio I assume they're going to be setup already. It will be "okay we're going to go over to so en so now take it away" then the camera goes to whoever is up. 

Biggest side of problems though is more likely than not going to be their web player. Traffic requests could make it lag hard and crash. People who need to refresh the page could be sent to the back of the que and miss out on the stream. We'll hear a lot of "it's our first time doing something like this, sorry please bare with us". I hope they can figure it out and know the problems that other live streams have had, and aren't going into this blind. Though with the technical limitations I have seen from them in the past many of which they still don't fix, it doesn't look good.

A lot of people are going to be pissed if the work around for their web player is like the work around of watching streams on their site that they give people which is "turn off add block or use a different browser, or watch on the app which sometimes crashes when loading shows and lags if too many people are on at the same time". 

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I don't think that prep time is going to be an issue. I think more of the issue is going to be on the AV side of things. Especially if they do this with all panelists speaking from their own homes, and using all their own computers and equipment. If that is the case it's going to be a nightmare for AV due to everyone using different equipment and internet connections. Either way if it's from home or the studio I assume they're going to be setup already. It will be "okay we're going to go over to so en so now take it away" then the camera goes to whoever is up. 

Biggest side of problems though is more likely than not going to be their web player. Traffic requests could make it lag hard and crash. People who need to refresh the page could be sent to the back of the que and miss out on the stream. We'll hear a lot of "it's our first time doing something like this, sorry please bare with us". I hope they can figure it out and know the problems that other live streams have had, and aren't going into this blind. Though with the technical limitations I have seen from them in the past many of which they still don't fix, it doesn't look good.

A lot of people are going to be pissed if the work around for their web player is like the work around of watching streams on their site that they give people which is "turn off add block or use a different browser, or watch on the app which sometimes crashes when loading shows and lags if too many people are on at the same time". 

I assume some of these are recorded earlier (I can see the performances being prerecorded), so that iwll give them some time during those videos to double-check everyone's connection and to get everyone set up.

Well this premiere was damn better than I was expecting! That is saying something, coming from someone who didn't follow the manga, and thought Season 1 was unimpressive. Then again, Season 2 Episode 1 was written totally for the anime, as a way to reintroduce the main cast. Ep 2 dives right back into the main storyline, and so I guess we didn't get into the meat of this new arc.

For a first day of their first convention, let alone their first VIRTUAL one, it was overall really good. It wasn't without its problems. The feed lagged a bit, causing me to refresh the page every 15 minutes or so which made me miss random parts, the chat was often taken over by obnoxious MHA fans, and one panel's taping even died right in the middle with no explanation why. I was surprised that some interviews were live but others were recorded earlier. One of the Japanese music guest's feed was a video that was actually 4 years old.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Well this premiere was damn better than I was expecting! That is saying something, coming from someone who didn't follow the manga, and thought Season 1 was unimpressive. Then again, Season 2 Episode 1 was written totally for the anime, as a way to reintroduce the main cast. Ep 2 dives right back into the main storyline, and so I guess we didn't get into the meat of this new arc.

For a first day of their first convention, let alone their first VIRTUAL one, it was overall really good. It wasn't without its problems. The feed lagged a bit, causing me to refresh the page every 15 minutes or so which made me miss random parts, the chat was often taken over by obnoxious MHA fans, and one panel's taping even died right in the middle with no explanation why. I was surprised that some interviews were live but others were recorded earlier. One of the Japanese music guest's feed was a video that was actually 4 years old.

Was this the panel that died in the middle by any chance? Looks like they're going to re-run it tomorrow if you were watching it :)

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

The feed lagged a bit, causing me to refresh the page every 15 minutes or so which made me miss random parts, the chat was often taken over by obnoxious MHA fans, and one panel's taping even died right in the middle with no explanation why

It's like I have the power to see into the future, but all I ever see is failure. 

10a.jpg

720.jpg

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

No spoilers but that was the best first episode of anything.

It had something for everyone.

Anyhoo, 2 episodes are dubbed already. That's a good sign that FUNimation will prioritize Fire Force and be able to dub one episode a week. It is very likely they get materials for dubbing early due to co-producing Fire Force. It remains to be seen if they can manage to dub one episode a week for the entire season but this still bodes well for a potential Toonami broadcast in early to mid August.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sketch said:

It had something for everyone.

Anyhoo, 2 episodes are dubbed already. That's a good sign that FUNimation will prioritize Fire Force and be able to dub one episode a week. It is very likely they get materials for dubbing early due to co-producing Fire Force. It remains to be seen if they can manage to dub one episode a week for the entire season but this still bodes well for a potential Toonami broadcast in early to mid August.

some people think we won't see fire force until there are enough episodes there's no way they'd run out or they may just wait until the season is fully dubbed before airing it

what do you have to say about those possibilities?

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

some people think we won't see fire force until there are enough episodes there's no way they'd run out or they may just wait until the season is fully dubbed before airing it

what do you have to say about those possibilities?

They might wait 6 or so episodes for a good buffer (or however long until a slot opens up this Fall) but they might risk airing it after just 4 episodes so they don’t have to replace PA with another rerun. But if they already had a replacement for PA then they can wait till Mob’s season ends and be 6 episodes behind or wait for the next opening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Fire Force S2 EP3(Dubbed)won't be released tomorrow so there's a delay

I'd be surprised if we saw it on toonami at all this year depending on how long it takes to dub the next couple of episodes

Well. We're stuck with 2-3-4-week delays between dubbed episodes for the foreseeable future on all anime now.

8 hours ago, elfie said:

Well. We're stuck with 2-3-4-week delays between dubbed episodes for the foreseeable future on all anime now.

I Wouldn't be surprised if Black Clover is just taken off the block because of that....

switching between reruns and premieres for a long runner is more of a hassle than doing it for a seasonal show that has a set number of episodes and then goes away until the next season is ready to premiere

55 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Wouldn't be surprised if Black Clover is just taken off the block because of that....

switching between reruns and premieres for a long runner is more of a hassle than doing it for a seasonal show that has a set number of episodes and then goes away until the next season is ready to premiere

Cancel the concept of simuldubs.

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Cancel the concept of simuldubs.

i don't think they'll ever do that as it would ruin the appeal of Funimation's "Now" Service

currently yes simuldubs are off the table due to the pandemic and they can't crank out episodes as soon as they come out in japan like they used to

but that doesn't mean that will always be the case

eventually this pandemic will be a thing of the past

society's not gonna collapse and we aren't gonna be stuck inside our houses forever

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

i don't think they'll ever do that as it would ruin the appeal of Funimation's "Now" Service

currently yes simuldubs are off the table due to the pandemic and they can't crank out episodes as soon as they come out in japan like they used to

but that doesn't mean that will always be the case

eventually this pandemic will be a thing of the past

society's not gonna collapse and we aren't gonna be stuck inside our houses forever

But they physically can no longer do it “now”!

that means simuldubs are temporarily on hold....that doesn't mean you cancel them completely

canceling them means they'll never return

I Really wish people would stop thinking the global pandemic is here forever and the way the world is right now is the way It'll remain

Edited by CountFrylock

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

that means simuldubs are temporarily on hold....that doesn't mean you cancel them completely

canceling them means they'll never return

I Really wish people would stop thinking the global pandemic is here forever and the way the world is right now is the way It'll remain

You have experts and CEOs thinking life won't return to some sense of normalcy until 2022 at the earliest. Dr. Fauci is even cautiously optimistic on a vaccine by 2021 but our own government is trying to silence him and the whole CDC. And if this administration is still in office after 2020, it's a guarantee they will just keep letting everyone die by 2024 when no one but them will be left. We literaly are learning new things about this virus as we go long, and it's happening slowly. If we really do get a treatment or defense, our government will not allow it to be available to everyone for whatever reason, be it an expensive medical cost, or cutting off access to it if it arrives from a rival country, or even if it's only going to the 1%. So you can at least understand why I think it will last forever.

Edited by elfie

1 hour ago, elfie said:

You have experts and CEOs thinking life won't return to some sense of normalcy until 2022 at the earliest. Dr. Fauci is even cautiously optimistic on a vaccine by 2021 but our own government is trying to silence him and the whole CDC. And if this administration is still in office after 2020, it's a guarantee they will just keep letting everyone die by 2024 when no one but them will be left. We literaly are learning new things about this virus as we go long, and it's happening slowly. If we really do get a treatment or defense, our government will not allow it to be available to everyone for whatever reason, be it an expensive medical cost, or cutting off access to it if it arrives from a rival country, or even if it's only going to the 1%. So you can at least understand why I think it will last forever.

No Pandemic Has been permanent.....

13 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

No Pandemic Has been permanent.....

We're still getting flu shots every year from what used to be a highly contagious virus all the way back in 1918. We still need to get shots for the measles, or HIV, or herpes. Any pandemic that has "ended" is still with us in some way.

Edited by elfie

13 hours ago, elfie said:

We're still getting flu shots every year from what used to be a highly contagious virus all the way back in 1918. We still need to get shots for the measles, or HIV, or herpes. Any pandemic that has "ended" is still with us in some way.

Yes they are still with us in some way but They Aren't the panic button pandemic they used to be

and i don't think Covid-19 will be any different