UnevenEdge

The anime reboot train rolls on with a Shaman King reboot

Jman

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Toonami never aired Shaman King, even though it would've fit the block pretty well even in its 4Kids variation.

Edit - I confused it with another 4Kids butcher, Zach Bell.  Well crap, wrong folder.

Edited by Jman

7 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Zatch Bell was a Viz property, not 4Kids.

...Man, my memory on these two shows is all over the place.  Let’s see...

Shaman King, according to the author is “JoJo with fighting game mechanics.”  Essentially everyone uses Stands.  Doubly ironic when you remember that Stardust Crusaders got a fighting game from Capcom.  There’s been interest in a reboot for several years, but the manga ka was insistent that they get the rights to the original music back (the PV track is the same opening for the original series).

Zatch Bell was on Toonami and was about this possessed puppet, thing?

Never watched it.

Edited by Jman

• 3 months later...

I remember reading parts of the manga when Shonen Jump had monthly magazines selling at Suncoast in like 2004, and then seeing like an episode of the anime and being like "What the hell is this watered-down shit?"

It wasn't just the 4Kids thing, the designs & kinetics didn't transfer over well. This looks way more accurate.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, looks like Toonami has been beaten to the punch by Netflix...again.

If Chainsaw Man is Netflix bound as well, it’s going to be mostly those originals that were announced filling the schedule.

19 minutes ago, Jman said:

This admittedly is making me more curious about Chainsaw Man.  If that ends up a Netflix exclusive, like I said, Toonami's lineup this year will be fairly anemic.  

Netflix has been doing this to Toonami for like 5 years now. Their job is to steal Toonami's blood IV bags.