UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode 86 Discussion Thread

Just now, ben0119 said:

So is that repeated sinning girl a drag queen?Ā  Her voice sounded feminine.Ā  Just ugly?Ā  The judges are blind and out of touch?Ā  What is the joke here?

The joke is she wins because she is SOOO pretty that it's comical.

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

Manga has her fatter than she is in the anime. She's slimmed out some though since the first festival.Ā 

8bab52ba02182fa29b0dbedc670b9fafccc49ead_00.jpg

All the girls are less thick in the anime, sadly, except Nejire I think has bigger boobs.Ā  The same thing happened with Black Clover.Ā  I was going to make a thread bitching about it, but I never got around to it.Ā  There is even a whole discussion between Horikoshi and the anime character designer talking about it.

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

She had an important role as background dancer number 8. I feel that she would have nailed the talent portion thoughĀ 

f72.png

Oh,yeah I forgot about that.she was also playing the electric piano.There's no way she could handle all three roles.just too much work involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

She had an important role as background dancer number 8. I feel that she would have nailed the talent portion thoughĀ 

f72.png

The sad thing is this the most some of these girls have had to do in this whole show.

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

I really hope so. He should fine happiness. Maybe he should've broken into the school to see the show.

I'd say it will be overall a happy ending for him and La Brava down the line, and I imagine they are going to stick together as partners not in crime

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The sad thing is this the most some of these girls have had to do in this whole show.

kyoka Jirou got the hugestĀ push hereĀ  thoughĀ  for this episode when it came to expanding her characterization and it was done in a way where it was relevant to her power and her favorite hobbyĀ 

Lots of creative points there!

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Really the problem with having a large cast. Usually any other series with a cast this big would be killing off characters. It's just way too many people to try and develop and use in a useful way for each arc.Ā 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

kyoka Jirou got the huging push hereĀ  thoughĀ  for this episode when it came to expanding her characterization and it was done in a way where it was relevant to her power and her favorite hobbyĀ 

Lots of creative points there!

I kinda wish, for all the strength this scene had, we should've gotten some of this information in the earlier seasons. Here it just seems like a tacked-on backstory that had to be told to us during her realization. In fact, from the OP, I thought we would get just that. Only to find that the rest of the arc was purely on Deku and Gentle.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1