UnevenEdge

Facetimed with my doctor today *work update*

And apparently, the reason I've missed three weeks of work iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis..... allergies. 😐

*****update about my work*****

WELP things just got interesting....

Got a text that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 amongst the workers in my facility. 

They really want us to stay home if we feel sick, and are ok with us staying home if we are just nervous about catching it...

But I'm going kind of stir crazy over here.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

Just now, Vamped said:

This is a bad time for allergies. You cough once and they call security.

ikr? When I went back to work late last week, one of the process assistant's, who is normally very nice not only to me, but to literally everyone there, seemed to not want me there since I missed the past week and a half sick.

But now I know it's just allergies. Luckily I'm not really coughing or sneezing so I don't think anybody's gonna hound management or HR to send me home against my will, lol.

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

ikr? When I went back to work late last week, one of the process assistant's, who is normally very nice not only to me, but to literally everyone there, seemed to not want me there since I missed the past week and a half sick.

But now I know it's just allergies. Luckily I'm not really coughing or sneezing so I don't think anybody's gonna hound management or HR to send me home against my will, lol.

One of the vendors that cleans our facility started coughing around the corporate offices upstairs and somehow they found out she had a sore throat. They asked her to go home but she said she couldnt afford not to work.

They threatened to terminate the whole vendor contract if they didnt get rid of her.

So ... she's  gone

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Vamped said:

One of the vendors that cleans our facility started coughing around the corporate offices upstairs and somehow they found out she had a sore throat. They asked her to go home but she said she couldnt afford not to work.

They threatened to terminate the whole vendor contract if they didnt get rid of her.

So ... she's  gone

That's so fucked up

10 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

WELP things just got interesting....

Got a text that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 amongst the workers in my facility. 

They really want us to stay home if we feel sick, and are ok with us staying home if we are just nervous about catching it...

But I'm going kind of stir crazy over here.

But are they paying while you stay home nervous?

5 hours ago, Vamped said:

Do you?

She never said it was her doctor, she said a doctor so now I'm kinkily suspicious 

She gets it! I did it for free tho bc he went to NYC to help and treat ppl, and he chose to go. He wasn't forced or anything. He's crazy rich and in charge in his position, so he absolutely didn't have to go. Even tho my fee wouldn't be junk to him I wanted to give him a freebie for being a hero

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Poof said:

She gets it! I did it for free tho bc he went to NYC to help and treat ppl, and he chose to go. He wasn't forced or anything. He's crazy rich and in charge in his position, so he absolutely didn't have to go. Even tho my fee wouldn't be junk to him I wanted to give him a freebie for being a hero

D'aww. How nice!

Giving back to  your community ❤️

• Thanks 1

Yeah I overheard my leadership say that one of the sergeants in charge of another sections family just tested positive, and he was experiencing symptoms so... Everyone was on full alert today.They reduced the staff that's going to be working through this to skeleton crews so I have tomorrow off. Me and another guy from my section are going to be alternating days on and off now. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
not literal skeleton crews. yet anyway..