UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Aliciziation - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion

1 minute ago, mochi said:

........there's actually a lot of Anime creators who are "Neo Axis" this is giving me shades of that

but again.....considering what America is like right now.....this hate is justified

i'd say considering what america's been like throughout history...

1 minute ago, mochi said:

no I mean that we have a genocidal racist as president who is killing all of us by enabling a plague to spread unchecked >_>

well, yeah, but just because our garbage bullshit as a country has been turned up to 12 by that, doesn't mean we've ever been at 0 with clean hands

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

well, yeah, but just because our garbage bullshit as a country has been turned up to 12 by that, doesn't mean we've ever been at 0 with clean hands

oh hell no but our hands look like this currently
grays, blacks and browns: dirty hands

• Like 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

It feels like that may have been some sort of bad localization pandering type thing. Because back when they'd have been dubbing this everyone was crying about WWIII and bringing back the draft. 

....potentially

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Well they disbanded their military after WWII as part of the peace treaty.

They have a military but it can only be used for defense, hence Japanese Self Defense Force.  It's been mentioned in the show before.  SDF was mentioned this episode.  It's also... common knowledge.  Not sure how you got the idea that Japan has no military at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

It feels like that may have been some sort of bad localization pandering type thing. Because back when they'd have been dubbing this everyone was crying about WWIII and bringing back the draft. 

What was said?

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

theyve got a self-defense force, though, don't they?

Yes, but it can't leave the country thus being a self defense force. Most of their military is paid for by American taxes, and we have several military bases over there with constant troops stationed. Some Japanese don't like it, but everytime there's a vote to propose to the UN it gets voted down because the Japanese overall have a fear of using guns and don't want to pay the taxes to support a military. 

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

They have a military but it can only be used for defense, hence Japanese Self Defense Force.  It's been mentioned in the show before.  SDF was mentioned this episode.  It's also... common knowledge.  Not sure how you got the idea that Japan has no military at all.

That's why I said they didn't have a mobile military. 

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

This is late, but I finally got around to checking this.

I'm doing a personal marathon of a few shows, re-watching the past few episodes of SAO, Demon Slayer, and Black Clover. And I re-watched both the Japanese and English version of this episode.

I noticed that Gabriel says this -

"You're to enforce the tightrope walking no matter what."

Instead of ordering executions if people refuse to go across the ropes. Though I guess that's not much of a difference.

Lisbeth says the same thing about bringing back the draft in the Japanese version. Looks like Japan used to have a draft, but it was abolished in 1947.

Also Ronye calls Kirito "Kirito-sempai." When Vassago heard her use that term in a previous episode, that's why he goes what the fuck, because the people in the Underworld shouldn't be using such terms. She picked it up from Kirito. Since the SAO dub really hasn't used honorifics that much, only the familiar Kirito advice that Vassago remembers is retained.