UnevenEdge

Toonami and the corona virus

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

He didn't say.

Are you familiar with the phrase lie of omission? 😃

Toonami could last until tomorrow or 10 years from tomorrow, but people shouldn't believe anything Demarco says.

You'd be just as well off believing in the politicians that tout the Corona curing powers of hydroxychloroquine.

Edited by Daos
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Daos said:

Toonami could last until tomorrow or 10 years from tomorrow, but people shouldn't believe anything Demarco says.

I took that to mean they have contracts in place through that year. If the money's already been spent, AS is better off just airing whatever it is than letting the show go to waste.

2 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

I took that to mean they have contracts in place through that year. If the money's already been spent, AS is better off just airing whatever it is than letting the show go to waste.

Cartoon Network doesn't have much loyalty either. If they felt like it they could cancel Toonami and just randomly air whatever they have already paid for on random days.

18 hours ago, Sketch said:

He didn't say.

Well Demarco did claim that Toonami was doing great before the block got cut in half and had movies banned after that disastrous month of movies and the horrible idea to open the block with Attack on Titan reruns.

Edited by ben0119

On 4/20/2020 at 1:14 AM, CountFrylock said:

just being realistic...out of all reruns cowboy bebop is the most likely to start off the block if MHA has to vanish soon

the problem then becomes what about when MHA Returns? it'd be awkward to put it back in for just a few more episodes and then have to replace that slot so soon

Being realistic and you expect Bebop to be put on first as opposed to the end?

Well, looks like Funimation may be able to keep up dubbing it after all.

Oh look, I found a video someone made of you.

Wow, the thing he said about Saturday night was scarily fitting!

On 4/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, CountFrylock said:

reruns are fine as a short term solution but if we're here same time next year and anime production is still halted then what's the plan?

black clover's going on indefinite hiatus until further notice in japan btw....

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1253171277814067201

Well, that sucks.  Obviously whereever a dub is will be moot if there's no further episodes to dub.  Hopefully its not on hiatus for too long.

But that Twitter account looks like it's the official Jump account, when it's clearly just a fan account.  Deceptive.  Why has Twitter not banned the account?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elfie said:

It's not like you literally said this exact same thing in other threads.

because people keep shrugging it off and acting like everything will be under control in a month or two

most people see this as a very brief setback

and i have no idea why it seems so insane to even think anime production could be down longer than what people here have been guessing

Edited by CountFrylock

6 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

because people keep shrugging it off and acting like everything will be under control in a month or two

most people see this as a very brief setback

and i have no idea why it seems so insane to even think anime production could be down longer than what people here have been guessing

Did the government take down any and all research about the last pandemics?? The Spanish flu for example lasted 2 years! mainly because there was a second worse outbreak of that virus only a few months after they got control of the first one! Is no one aware of this!?!?

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

There is one thing we have on our side this time: science has 100 more years of progress. We might have that "Eureka" moment between now and then which changes the equation, but if we don't, yep, it's gonna be ugly!

Yeah science that Americans are using HORRIBLY.

10 hours ago, elfie said:

Yeah science that Americans are using HORRIBLY.

Yeah, some of us are, that's for sure! But I don't feel that's the case with everyone. In fact, I'm optimistic that, while this pandemic will take its toll (and it already has), it will also teach us that not just any old idiot can run the country. Hopefully it will be the shift back toward government by the intelligent, or "sapiocracy."