UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland Season 1 Rerun Discussion!!

THE PROMISED NEVERLAND

- 2020 rerun -

Relive the terror of kids finding out they're livestock, right before another show where kids find out they're livestock!

3:30 AM every Saturday Night, right before Attack on Titan on TOONAMI!!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, elfie said:

How come rerun shows like Attack on Titan got one thread for all the episodes, but this show gets one per episode?

4226401-3931157742-Good-.gif

What in the world gave you that idea? This is intended to be the discussion thread throughout the whole run! Also, how about a little blast from the past:

Like Attack on Titan, this show is so mystery-based, I'm not sure how much re-watchability it has.  You just want to keep progressing forward.

But interesting what Ray said just now about making sure he would be able to survive after he gets out.

• Like 1

I still don't know how the hell this was allowed to be in shonen jump.

I remember when it came out, was towards the end of Bleach's run.  The art style looked weird and it seemed kiddy.  I seem to recall reading or maybe skimming the first chapter, and I don't think any of the demon stuff shows up the first chapter.  Don't remember thinking much of it.

Those demons are creepy though.  Remind me of Hollows.

• Like 1

To be fair, learning and doing certain things does actually change your physical brain structure.  The example of taxi drivers memorizing their routes was used on a special on PBS.  So there is some validity to this.  Not sure how it would affect flavor though. :P

• Like 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

To be fair, learning and doing certain things does actually change your physical brain structure.  The example of taxi drivers memorizing their routes was used on a special on PBS.  So there is some validity to this.  Not sure how it would affect flavor though. :P

That's research I'm not sure we want to do...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Another great Uverworld OP.

I almost forgot they did it since we didn't get it as an OP last episode, so no wonder it just reminded me of two of the great Gundam 00 and Arslan openings they did.

Here's the full version we never got on Toonami:

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

It seems like the security measures aren't high enough.  But it's probably assumed most kids won't discover the nature of things in the first place.  Still, kids are curious, mischievous, and adventurous.  Kids have surely gone to the gate or tried to escape at times even if they didn't know they were really living on farms.

You know, I just noticed something: next week will be the first time we've had THREE Aniplex shows on the regular block at the same time!

I guess that depends if you count FMA:B though. It was both FUNimation and Aniplex. But even it was only on at either the same time as SAO, Blue Exorcist, or Gurren Lagann. It was gone by the time Kill La Kill and Sword Art Online II did double duty on the block.