UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland Season 1 Rerun Discussion!!

I really wish season 2 was coming sooner.  I want to know what happened to Norman.  I'm almost sure he didn't die, but I still want to see it.

But since Toonami is replaying this, it makes practically guaranteed they will air season 2 as well.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

And, The Promised Neverland manga started right as Bleach was winding down, so it's been going for a while.  Since 2016, and it started on August 1st back then apparently.  So there should be PLENTY of material to adapt.

I guess just 12 episodes were done for the first season to make sure it would be successful.

Apparently some folks were not a big fan of Krone's portrayal when she was first introduced in the manga.  At least she seems better done in the anime, though.  The art in the manga seemed kind of rough and weird compared to this anyway.

https://www.jacksonpbrown.com/blog/2018/8/2/thoughts-on-the-promised-neverland-and-black-women-in-manga

And I appreciate the compliment to Kubo, lady. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Apparently some folks were not a big fan of Krone's portrayal when she was first introduced in the manga.  At least she seems better done in the anime, though.  The art in the manga seemed kind of rough and weird compared to this anyway.

https://www.jacksonpbrown.com/blog/2018/8/2/thoughts-on-the-promised-neverland-and-black-women-in-manga

And I appreciate the compliment to Kubo, lady. :)

It's definitely a stretch that Krone in the manga was inspired by racist caricatures of Black people, but that might have been the case. She does feel more like a Boondocks character in the anime though.

5 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It's definitely a stretch that Krone in the manga was inspired by racist caricatures of Black people, but that might have been the case. She does feel more like a Boondocks character in the anime though.

I doubt she was inspired by such characters or intentionally racist designed.  It could be an unfortunate coincidence with how weird and over the top the manga art is.  I've seen some other shots of characters looking really weird and inhuman in the manga.  Isabela looks really weird in some shots.  I'll have to go chapter by chapter though and not time for that now.  I could get spoilers if I google for random pics.

But yeah she looks better in the anime.

Edited by ben0119