UnevenEdge

One Piece dub is finally resuming

3ngag3

5 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Has the dub ever not been a mess? 

The dub's been great. 

And I wouldn't worry about accelerating the timeframe. One of the challenges of dubbing OP is dealing with the sheer number of side characters, many of whom may go hundreds of episodes between appearances. What FUNi may be able to do now is have multiple teams ironing out things like translation and casting in advance, so that they can have the actors work on multiple arcs at the same timeframe. If someone like, say, Shanks appears in episode 560 and then not until episode 720 (these are totally made up), they could have the actor record both back-to-back. And if you've been following the series you know this can even apply to the Straw Hats: Colleen's pretty much stuck doing Luffy in order every episode, but certain other main cast members can jump ahead and pre-record future arcs. 

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jman said:

Toei is charging too much.  Probably why they think a live action show deserves Game of Thrones money.

allegedly Moose is back so it'd be funny if it did >_> I haven't seen him yet though someone just told me he was silently unbanned and might be here