UnevenEdge

Do you play Link Games?

Poof

Streetfighters II

Arcade hit Super Metroid

Oh I get it, he's combining Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, and Super Street Fighter II (and whatever else in the series that was on the SNES) into one title to save on cover space, in the same fashion as like "brothers-in-law". But still, he could have left "Street" and "Fighters" two separate words.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

9 hours ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

I can't believe that isn't endorsed by nintendo.

I thought it was a nice touch that he made the not endorsed disclaimer in the shape of the nintendo seal of quality. Pretty sneaky

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Poof said:

I thought it was a nice touch that he made the not endorsed disclaimer in the shape of the nintendo seal of quality. Pretty sneaky

Totally unrelated, my sister was playing connect four with either me or my niece, and I got to use the "pretty sneaky, sis" line. It made me happier than it probably should have.

On 10/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Streetfighters II

Arcade hit Super Metroid

Oh I get it, he's combining Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, and Super Street Fighter II (and whatever else in the series that was on the SNES) into one title to save on cover space, in the same fashion as like "brothers-in-law". But still, he could have left "Street" and "Fighters" two separate words.

I couldve sworn I replied to you yesterday

Anyway I thought I told you that it's amazing that this jeff rovin expects us to trust him when he makes such an obvious error on the cover

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Upon reading the thread title I was going to comment about games where Link is the protagonist, but after reading the front and back covers I'm almost certain that's what the author meant.

Oh yea definitely. I love looking at old videogame stuff and seeing weird terminology for things which have since become standardized household names

5 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

I read the book description in a used car salesman voice. 

Very appropriate. Especially since it was my brother's and I was still better at all the games than him. You hear that Jeff Rovin? You're a big fat phony

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Totally unrelated, my sister was playing connect four with either me or my niece, and I got to use the "pretty sneaky, sis" line. It made me happier than it probably should have.

How do you not know if it was you or your niece?

1 hour ago, Poof said:

Very appropriate. Especially since it was my brother's and I was still better at all the games than him. You hear that Jeff Rovin? You're a big fat phony

“Come on down to Big Jeff’s Game Lot! We got Link Games, Street Fighters 2, Pokeymans, Call For Duty, Maryo is Missing, Sammy Sosa Baseball, some Final Fantasy game, Madden, Madden with soccer balls, and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne!”

• Haha 2