UnevenEdge

Gundam: The Origin Episode 11 Discussion

OwlChemist81

*Something* is going to be announced for gen:LOCK soon, apparently, as Gill quasi-leaked during a recent Pre-Flight. Perhaps it's possible that Season 2 was complete or mostly complete before all hell broke loose at Rooster Teeth? Season 1 was already under production in early 2018, so it's quite possible that Season 2 was secretly produced in early-to-mid 2019, even if we're not sure how in the hell Michael B. Jordan and Maisie Williams somehow found the time to keep working on it.

But even so, the upside to that is not nearly as big as a blockbuster Hollywood Gundam adaptation. I believe that the next Gundam show that Toonami airs won't be at 3 AM though!

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I really need to watch that

The remake of that show and Star Blazers are the two shows I'd most like Toonami to replace this with. But somehow I think Toonami will just move Lupin up to 3 AM and put either Dragon Ball Super or gen:LOCK (uncut??) reruns at the end of the block!

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

The remake of that show and Star Blazers are the two shows I'd most like Toonami to replace this with. But somehow I think Toonami will just move Lupin up to 3 AM and put either Dragon Ball Super or gen:LOCK (uncut??) reruns at the end of the block!

Yeah. I still need to see LOTGH but the Yamato/Star Blazers remake is fantastic.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That was another thing I never liked about Gundam.  The mobile suits are way too over-powered.  Why even have ships?

They'd actually be able to shoot down the other ships when both sides have mobile suits, like they were at he beginning of this battle before the Zeon suits launched. Also, most importantly their role pretty much changes to carriers for the mobile suits.

I'd say this battle shows them so OP because the Federation doesn't have any at this point which makes it so extremely lopsided.

Edited by DangerMouse

28 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

They'd actually be able to shoot down the other ships when both sides have mobile suits, like they were at he beginning of this battle before the Zeon suits launched. Also, most importantly their role pretty much changes to carriers for the mobile suits.

I'd say this battle shows them so OP because the Federation doesn't have any at this point which makes it so extremely lopsided.

Yeah I'm sure they would.  But ships always get easily destroyed by mobile suits in all the shows.  It gets on my nerves.  Was definitely way more lopsided here.  Yeah they act as carriers later on.

Something that also annoyed me was why do the guns move so slow?  It's like they are World War II battleships.  But with how advanced they are I don't see a reason for slow turret movement in this day and age lol.  But yeah slow guns makes them even more sitting ducks to the mobile suits.

5 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

There were literally points in WWI where Calvary (Yeah, mounted horseback) charged tanks.

Or jet propelled planes vs old propellor models.

Etc.

• Like 2