UnevenEdge

what did you guys think of Ergo Proxy?

Shiina

5 hours ago, scope said:

One of those series that I find interesting but don't really like that much, I can see why people would but it's just not for me. The ending wasn't bad but some of those stories in the middle lost me, especially that amusement park one =/

I don't understand ANYTHING that happened in that series. 

Re-L needs bigger  (  .  ) (  . )

7 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Pino is love, Pino is life. Also the game show episode was the single-best "recap" in anime history. 

I kind of liked little pedo android. 

I didn't understand the game show thing. Did everyone just eat a plate of mushrooms and the whole thing was a hullucination?

Was the Game show dude just a proxy gone crazy and he made a game show dome-world?

Infact I don't get half the weird shit that happens in the show. 

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I also liked it, but it was kind of confusing.  Some of the social commentary is a bit heavy handed.

Now that I am researching the show, its very very confusing to understand the first time you watch. 

For example:   

Spoiler

Re-L is actually a semi-clone of the monad proxy and the grandfather. Re-L's only purpose in life is to find Vincent , since Vincent was supposedly in love with the Monad Proxy... did anyone actually get that the first time you watched??

12 hours ago, scoobdog said:

No, I don't believe that was they were trying to convey.  It seems more likely that they intent was to suggest that there was a thriving under society that would be ready to supplant the one that was disintegrating.

Then why are Vincent's eyes glowing blue and he has a genocidal look on his face? Are those human ships in the back ground before the credits role? 

The reason people never liked this anime is cause it was too complex. 

Edited by Shiina