UnevenEdge

Fire Force Episode 2 Discussion

Here is my post on the premiere last week, for whatever it's worth. 

Spoiler

I watched the shows I missed while I was at the family get away at the middle-of-nowhere riverside Texas hill country cabin earlier in the week, just now getting around to posting my thoughts on them, which I wrote down after watching each episode.

Yeah so not only did I miss the AOT season finale, I missed the Fire Force series premiere!  But I was stuck with how the timing of our trip ended up.

Solar Year 198... that tells us nothing. I'm going to say this is a made up world.  It may be the same Earth with same countries and cities etc but some different history and obviously fantasy elements.  At first I thought it would be old timey until I saw the fire vehicle in the OP and the modern compact car drive by the station.

WOW this show looks beautiful.  Gorgeous art and animation!

Looks like the art style has been toned down from Soul Eater though.  Characters and other things definitely look more normal in this show.

Well, except those shark teeth lol.

LOL those suits look silly.  So bulky, way more than real fire fighter suits.  I can't imagine they will wear these the whole series.  Some new more sleek version will be invented or something I bet.

So there's no curing these Infernals.  They just have to be put down.  It's not like with Hollows unfortunately.

What language were those prayers?

Were all those theatrics really needed to save her from a falling light?  Yeah she could have been electrocuted, but still.

It's like a combination of a church and fire station.

Is he making up the thing about the smile to cover his ass or being serious?

Whoa whoa whoa kid you are treading on Saitama and Deku's turf!

Keep this nun away from Asta.  It's a real shame about that vow of celibacy, though...

FAN SERVICE OUTTA NOWHERE! 

I was wondering how there could be fan service in this show when they are in those bulky fire fighter suits.  Well I guess they have to take them off sometime!  And you better not have added more steam, Toonami!  Both girls are super hot!

A beast in the field but she turns into this off-duty LOL.

Uuuhhhh when she was altering his outfit it looked like she was blowing him.

Is that a set of train wheels that someone uses for dumbells?!  Yep definitely a fantastical world.

Eh... he killed his mother?

So the smiling thing is true.

I don't usually go for the athletic type... but Maki, DAMN.

Still didn't quite get to see them suit up and how they get so puffed out lol.

It's called the Matchbox.  Nice.

Interesting that the captain doesn't have any powers.  I assume pyrokinetics will be explained soon.  And the nun doesn't have any special divine abilities?  She's literally just a regular old nun?

So how do we know when Shinra is just smiling and it's not his weird thing where he can't stop himself smiling when he tenses up?

Okay so there are regular fire fighters too.  Good.

Great God Sola.  Yep it's a made up world unless everyone decided to start worshipping the sun, including largely secular Japan.

And that guy is taking this well.

Why does Maki wear a witch hat?

So Maki manipulated the fire and just pushed it out of the way?

Wait so he didn't kill her.  She turned into an Infernal.  Or maybe not?

I see.  So he's never truly smiled since then.  Damn.

The blue stripes...

This Infernal is fast and agile.

Is he just using a machine gun?

Why does only the nun need a gas mask?

That's a lot of power.  Down with one kick?

Put her out of her misery quickly at least.

I think I got more of the prayer this time.  But some of it is still in another language.

Could that be a real smile this time?

If nothing else, using just kicks will make for some different than usual fights with Shinra.

I was away at a family get together at a middle-of-nowhere AirBnB cabin in the Texas hill country.  It was supposed to be near the river.  Well, it was a quarter mile hike away.  Still a good time, though.  It's good to unplug and enjoy nature every once in a while.

• Like 1

Death's head?!

Yep that definitely looks like a set of train wheels being used as weights sitting there haha.

A tournament, already?!

They know each other?

Okay now this guy looks like a character from the Soul Eater artist.  Aside from Shinra, the others look like pretty "normal" anime characters.  The art style seems toned down for this.