UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Episode #57 (320) Re-Discussion and Episode #58 (321) Discussion

Before the penultimate episode of Season 3, let's watch the next-to-next-to-last episode!

First, we enter Grisha's world beyond the walls with a special encore of

Episode #57 (Season 3, Episode 20): "That Day".

But then, it's time for the night's main event at Midnight:

Episode #58 (Season 3, Episode 21): "Attack Titan"

[Not the most creative title, eh?]

It all kicks off at 11:30 after a dub premiere of Dragon Ball Super!

ONLY TOONAMI!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

They did not plan on this, obviously, but rerunning that Attack on Titan episode is actually perfect timing.  I mentioned before that the uber reveal mega infodump would almost require a re-watching, and now we don't have to go watch it on our own and can just re-watch it together on the block!  Can discuss and ask questions among each other too, about the information we learned.  Will be good just to watch and go over it all again.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

For a moment before the repeat came on I thought we were getting double new eps of AoT, since my cable box showed new for both times and I didn't check the title of the 11:30 ep lol.

But then afterward I looked again and realized it was indeed the same ep title as last week "That Day"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

... oh god I just realized this is that asshole. Ugh I really gotta rewatch him and his deranged, horrible deeds??

At least we get to watch his shitty ass get tossed off the wall when he least expects it.

Even though the Owl seemingly had to wait until only Grisha was left, which the promo mentions will get addressed next.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

I still find it odd that Ymir, who in the show started as a background character, is thousands of years old and was the mother titan!

Pretty sure that's because our Ymir is only named after her and seemingly never even had any other name so she just kept it.  ;_;

From the flashback our homeless Ymir as a child was given the name by that cult. So now we can tell that cult named her after the Ymir Fritz in this story. And then the guy who found her turned on her to try and save himself by saying she lied.

Plus our Ymir isn't that old. She said she spent about 60 years wandering as a mindless Titan.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Pretty sure that's because our Ymir is only named after her and seemingly never even had any other name so she just kept it.  ;_;

From the flashback our homeless Ymir as a child was given the name by that cult. So now we can tell that cult named her after the Ymir Fritz in this story.

Plus our Ymir isn't that old. She said she spent about 60 years wandering as a mindless Titan.

OOOOoooooh.

... that's still much older than I thought.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

"This is how we use our power."

Grisha seeing someone activate the transformation for the first time!

He did it kind of like how Ymir did it with a knife too.

I assume we'll get to know more about the Owl in the next episode.

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Oh my..the girl from zelda:twilight princess does sorta look like him

he's a boy, his name's Colin

(there's a theory he was originally going to be young link but was demoted to an NPC when it was decided to make that game's version of Young link a Wolf)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mochi said:

he's a boy, his name's Colin

(there's a theory he was originally going to be young link but was demoted to an NPC when it was decided to make that game's version of Young link a Wolf)

Twas a boy all along? I did forget his name though lol

interesting theory.I like it