UnevenEdge

Wrestlemania was an okay show, but a bad Wrestlemania.

Skiles

56 minutes ago, NeurocideVibekillah said:

Yeah, don't have the network. Didn't watch

or

Ydhtn;dw

The Kofi/Daniel Bryan match is worth looking up and watching sometime. Aside from that, you definitely didn't miss any classics.

• Thanks 1

That was longer than the entire fucking weekend. Takeover was better for sure, not just for its conciseness, but in match quality as well. I had high hopes for the G1 Supercard. The NJPW or NJPW?ROH matches were good. I though the ROH matches were ok, I understood their direction, but they killed the fuckin crowd. The only one that was really good out of those was the Taven/Scurll/Lethal ladder match, but the outcome left people whelmed. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed, just whelmed. ROH did pull some bs though. They brought in TNA's old tag team, the Beautiful People to a resounding meh, though I'm relieved they actually decided to build their women's division. Then after the 4 way tag match, Enzo and Cass hopped the barrier and they basically tried to keep the cameras off of them. Rumor is is that it's a work. But why they even decided to do it is just kinda bad. Especially since a fan attacked Bret Hart at the HOF just a couple hours before. They had time to say "yeah, bad idea"...they chose not to. Overall, weird night for Saturday. Okada/White main event was the tits, as was the pre-show rumble that featured Jushin Thunder Liger AND THE GREAT FUCKING MUTA.....which both were eliminated by Kenny King to a chorus of "eh."

35 minutes ago, inhumanrampager said:

That was longer than the entire fucking weekend. Takeover was better for sure, not just for its conciseness, but in match quality as well. I had high hopes for the G1 Supercard. The NJPW or NJPW?ROH matches were good. I though the ROH matches were ok, I understood their direction, but they killed the fuckin crowd. The only one that was really good out of those was the Taven/Scurll/Lethal ladder match, but the outcome left people whelmed. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed, just whelmed. ROH did pull some bs though. They brought in TNA's old tag team, the Beautiful People to a resounding meh, though I'm relieved they actually decided to build their women's division. Then after the 4 way tag match, Enzo and Cass hopped the barrier and they basically tried to keep the cameras off of them. Rumor is is that it's a work. But why they even decided to do it is just kinda bad. Especially since a fan attacked Bret Hart at the HOF just a couple hours before. They had time to say "yeah, bad idea"...they chose not to. Overall, weird night for Saturday. Okada/White main event was the tits, as was the pre-show rumble that featured Jushin Thunder Liger AND THE GREAT FUCKING MUTA.....which both were eliminated by Kenny King to a chorus of "eh."

I really liked Takeover. The tag match with War Raiders and Blackochet was really dope. The Pete Dunne/Walter match was brutal, but in a good way. I didn't peg them putting the NXT title on Gargano, personally. It felt like Adam Cole's time, and it felt like the right time to bring Gargano up to 205 Live, which the rumor and innuendo would have you believe is WWE's plan.

I'm gonna watch G1 sometime next week, when I'm not busy.

8 minutes ago, Skiles said:

I really liked Takeover. The tag match with War Raiders and Blackochet was really dope. The Pete Dunne/Walter match was brutal, but in a good way. I didn't peg them putting the NXT title on Gargano, personally. It felt like Adam Cole's time, and it felt like the right time to bring Gargano up to 205 Live, which the rumor and innuendo would have you believe is WWE's plan.

I'm gonna watch G1 sometime next week, when I'm not busy.

Well given the Gargano/Ciampa story, Gargona would have won that match. Doubt he's going up, but if he did, 205 is a death sentence it seems like. You gotta watch G1 Supercard. It was good.

The biggest moment of the night was Batista tripping to enter the ring, and falling down. 

Then getting his nose ring yanked out.

Then losing.

Because, fuck Batista.

Also, that was one hell of a long show. 

The main event sucked too. 

Kofi and Bryan was the best match of the night. 

The kick-off show was as exciting as the main card. Should have put Kofi and Bryan on the kick off show, and I could have stopped watching then.

1 hour ago, StarPanda said:

I for sure thought they were gonna add the fan vs Brett Hart, last minute 

Dude, I watched it after it aired live, so I could skip shit I didn't want to see, and I was unaware of the incident until I read it later. But I kept wondering how Bret's hair got all jacked up. Because they edited it out after it was aired live. 

8 hours ago, midnight said:

The biggest moment of the night was Batista tripping to enter the ring, and falling down. 

Then getting his nose ring yanked out.

Then losing.

Because, fuck Batista.

Also, that was one hell of a long show. 

The main event sucked too. 

Kofi and Bryan was the best match of the night. 

The kick-off show was as exciting as the main card. Should have put Kofi and Bryan on the kick off show, and I could have stopped watching then.

John Cena doing his Thuganomics thing was pretty cool, too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I didn't see it but looked at the results. >_>

You know, it's weird because all in all, the results were the right results. Booking-wise, I wouldn't have changed a thing, except the Sensational Invitational (which is what the Women's Battle Royal SHOULD be called). There are a couple women that could have been put in that spot ahead of Carmella, but I still don't hate that she won.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skiles said:

You know, it's weird because all in all, the results were the right results. Booking-wise, I wouldn't have changed a thing, except the Sensational Invitational (which is what the Women's Battle Royal SHOULD be called). There are a couple women that could have been put in that spot ahead of Carmella, but I still don't hate that she won.

I agree. The results were right, but most of the matches were not even good. The ones that should have gotten time were short, and the ones that could have been done quickly, were drug out too long. I am looking forward to Raw tonight, since it's the Raw after Mania. Should see some returns. Some call ups. Hopefully. The Cena thing was cool. But unless he's coming back and actually wrestling some again, as a heel, it was pointless. 

26 minutes ago, Skiles said:

It seemed like there were hella matches that prolonged the show though. Idk, I'm happy for Kofi Kingston and becky. lol

7 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

It seemed like there were hella matches that prolonged the show though. Idk, I'm happy for Kofi Kingston and becky. lol

I'm happy for Kofi and Rollins. No more Lesnar hopefully. I didn't care who won the women's match, as long as it wasn't Rousey. I hope she's leaving too. 

Just now, Skiles said:

Short, but both guys still looked strong. 

I gotta be honest. The Universal championship doesn’t mean too much to me. The WWE championship is the main title in my opinion, and it’s looking like Kofi is gonna have a very short reign, unless there is some interference that causes a dq. 

I am looking forward to the shake up next week.

Just now, midnight said:

I gotta be honest. The Universal championship doesn’t mean too much to me. The WWE championship is the main title in my opinion, and it’s looking like Kofi is gonna have a very short reign, unless there is some interference that causes a dq. 

I am looking forward to the shake up next week.

Speaking of the WWE title, I keep having a horrible, terrifying vision of tomorrow's Smackdown. Here's what I see.

Kofi and The New Day are celebrating in the first segment. Kofi is cutting a victory speech promo, talking about the hard work he put in for eleven years, and thanking the fans for their support. Suddenly, Vince's music plays. Out comes Mr. McMahon, with a smug smirk on his face. 

"Congratulations, Kofi, you proved me wrong at Mania, you proved you aren't a B+ player and you won the WWE title. But I'm the chairman, dammit, and that isn't your championship, it's MY championship, and you're going to defend it whenever I say. And that includes tonight, against THIS MAN."  Kevin Owens' music plays.

Cut to the end of the night. Kofi and KO put on a hellacious match. And then, just when you think Kofi has it won, Bryan and Rowan interfere, costing him the match and the title. Kevin Owens is the new champion. Because Vince McMahon hates us all and we aren't allowed to have nice things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skiles said:

Speaking of the WWE title, I keep having a horrible, terrifying vision of tomorrow's Smackdown. Here's what I see.

Kofi and The New Day are celebrating in the first segment. Kofi is cutting a victory speech promo, talking about the hard work he put in for eleven years, and thanking the fans for their support. Suddenly, Vince's music plays. Out comes Mr. McMahon, with a smug smirk on his face. 

"Congratulations, Kofi, you proved me wrong at Mania, you proved you aren't a B+ player and you won the WWE title. But I'm the chairman, dammit, and that isn't your championship, it's MY championship, and you're going to defend it whenever I say. And that includes tonight, against THIS MAN."  Kevin Owens' music plays.

Cut to the end of the night. Kofi and KO put on a hellacious match. And then, just when you think Kofi has it won, Bryan and Rowan interfere, costing him the match and the title. Kevin Owens is the new champion. Because Vince McMahon hates us all and we aren't allowed to have nice things.

That’s if Kofi still has the title after tonight!

Just now, Skiles said:

Oh shit! I'm not watching Raw yet, don't drop any crucial info! D:

My bad. Not a spoiler. It opened the show. If you want to know what I’m talking about, I’ll put it in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Title for title. Winner takes all. Kofi vs. Rollins. Tonight.

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Isn't that his M.O.?  I thought the 2 times Goldberg took him out were both pretty fast.

He doesn’t get paid by the hour, that’s for sure. I think he’s going back to UFC anyways. I hope he does. Get the hell out of WWE and take Rousey with ya.

Just now, midnight said:

He doesn’t get paid by the hour, that’s for sure. I think he’s going back to UFC anyways. I hope he does. Get the hell out of WWE and take Rousey with ya.

They can keep Rousey's hubby, just to tattoo the random idiot that tries to get into the ring.

• Like 1

Didn't watch. I thought the card sounded boring on paper. Lesnar bores me, I couldn't care less about two old wrestlers that need to stop, and most everything else just sounded bleh. The match with Daniel and Kofi was the only thing that appealed to me.

Also they really need to trim their show. It does not need to be 7 hours long. 4 at the very most. People get tired and you at that point are just putting in fluff which is honesty what most of the show sounded like anyway.

I looked it up and an article said fans in attendance were there 7 and half hours.

Bottom line, they need to trim it down.  They are just putting in fluff to fill it and quantity is not better than quality.

It would have taken a lot to get me to watch either way. I haven't been too interested in wrestling in a few years now but this did nothing to help.

8 minutes ago, DBZ4ever said:

I looked it up and an article said fans in attendance were there 7 and half hours.

Bottom line, they need to trim it down.  They are just putting in fluff to fill it and quantity is not better than quality.

It would have taken a lot to get me to watch either way. I haven't been too interested in wrestling in a few years now but this did nothing to help.

i agree, i probably would have left after 2 or 3 lol

4 hours ago, DBZ4ever said:

Dude, I had trouble sitting through it, and I was at home, with my dog, eating ice cream and shit. As much as I would love to go to one in theory, I think being in that crowd for over seven hours would make me fucking crazy.

But it doesn't matter. Thanks to the Network, they can make Wrestlemania a two-day show if they want. Mania will always sell out no matter what.