UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 379 Discussion

StarPanda

You got quite a few of the threads yesterday night. That's cool in a way, it feels like a throwback to the more tender days of the ASMB.

I was too busy doing Neopets things to make any of them. Oh well... I mean, I still have the weekly GiTS thread to fawn over.

You got quite a few of the threads yesterday night. That's cool in a way, it feels like a throwback to the more tender days of the ASMB.

I was too busy doing Neopets things to make any of them. Oh well... I mean, I still have the weekly GiTS thread to fawn over.

Neopets?  The fuck?  Is that like some kind of Tamagotchi shit?

So yeah Brook's human design is cool.  Makes sense he is black, too, since, ya know, afro.

Still can't believe Luffy hasn't once mentioned that he once wore an afro.  It's like that arc was filler.

That crack in his skull is visible on his face... the fuck.

So yeah Brook's human design is cool.  Makes sense he is black, too, since, ya know, afro.

Still can't believe Luffy hasn't once mentioned that he once wore an afro.  It's like that arc was filler.

i have A Fro and I'm white

funny story, Oda didn't mean for him to be Black.........but based his appearance off of a Black celebrity, Slash from Guns and Roses slashnew.jpg

Oda says Brook is Austrian

Ussopp is the Black one apparently

I dont think Brook is black... he looks pretty white.

Not that there's real life races in One Piece, anyway.

The ugly crying faces...

Which I admire OP for doing.

Anime likes to make people look "pretty" when they cry. Like their crying 'glitter'. I dunno how many crying people you've seen, but more often than not, you don't look 'pretty' when you cry. You look like a hot mess.

funny story, Oda didn't mean for him to be Black.........but based his appearance off of a Black celebrity, Slash from Guns and Roses slashnew.jpg

Oda says Brook is Austrian

Ussopp is the Black one apparently

I don't think Slash is black.  Brook being Austrian doesn't make much sense given his design.

Well yes, but Brook looks like he could be too.

Which I admire OP for doing.

Anime likes to make people look "pretty" when they cry. Like their crying 'glitter'. I dunno how many crying people you've seen, but more often than not, you don't look 'pretty' when you cry. You look like a hot mess.

Not everybody does.  Plus the crying is over-spammed, especially for characters and situations that don't warrant it.

I don't think Slash is black.  Brook being Austrian doesn't make much sense given his design.

Well yes, but Brook looks like he could be too.

of Slash, according to wikipedia: His mother, Ola J. Hudson (née Oliver;[9] 1946–2009),[10][11][12] was an African-American costume designer, whose clients included David Bowie, and his father, Anthony Hudson, is an English artist who created album covers for musicians such as Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.,[13][14] Of his mixed background, Slash later remarked, "As a musician, I've always been amused that I'm both British and black; particularly because so many American musicians seem to aspire to be British while so many British musicians, in the 'Sixties in particular, went to such great pains to be black."

well, i'll be.

Not everybody does.  Plus the crying is over-spammed, especially for characters and situations that don't warrant it.

I've neever met a pretty crier.

It's always snot everywhere, and if you're a girl, a makeup-smudgy mess.

Now whether or not OP overdoes the frequency of crying is all opinion, but it's depiction is more realistic than what other anime do with their Twilight-feeling glitter crying.

is this breaking anyone else's heart, too?

i don't bat an eye at movies where dogs get shot, but this sad whale is killing me

I thought they left him there and told him they'd be back.  But it turns out he didn't listen and tried to follow, and they had to pretend they didn't notice him. T_T

"Two or three years tops."

> 50 years ago.

Well....that's fucking depressing.

actually this arc makes it less depressing......at least one of Laboon's friends survived, originally it was believed every single one of them died