UnevenEdge

Your Legacy

NSAID

Listen, we all get down sometimes thinking about how insignificant our contributions are to the world at large, although in some way or another we all alter the course of history, like it or not. In multiple places that serve or have served a frosty beverage I have added to their menu bc I've ordered something mint with a "strange" accompanying flavor. A website has added a thread color I "designed" to their available selection. Maybe you'll never actually know how you've changed the people around you for better or worse, but if you had to guess...

Having smart/popular kids is cheating bc they're doing all the heavy lifting.

• Like 1

Just now, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Don't place your childlike insecurities on me.

I'm very sorry. I forgot you took advanced placement math in hs, and are thus are above the rest of us plebs trying to find our place in this, the cosmic symphony. Have a mint flavored tea on me for the mix up.

8 minutes ago, Phillies said:

start an orphanage in the basement.  

I rebuke the concept of being involved in your legacy of getting others to spend their free time posting about how you spend your life. Have you tried mixing cantaloupe with mint in a tea base, you may find it strangely energizing.

At work, the people I've been in charge of are either going to learn the things I intended to show them, or take my example and use it in ways I could not predict as their life progresses and that's what I'll have to account for as a legacy just as anyone else, and like anyone else I'll have to wonder if it has helped or hurt the trajectory they were already on when we were introduced

Also I forgot, and was half delirious when you made that thread, but @ghostrek if you really need help learning a skill I think that's what this is for. I've heard they can be pretty strict though, but that was coming from someone that spends most of their time on a couch these days. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Thanks 1

@ghostrek you gonna think about jobcore, I know my friends son who was fuckin' up got forced to do this, and apparently it helped him at least have some marketable skills. From what I've heard he's still a misanthropic... asshole.. but his fathers pretty stubborn as well. 

When I think back to when I was his age... My skateboard was a lethal weapon that no one wanted to fuck with..

and no one... not even people that saw way more in lifes spectrum... could sway my opinions..

It's crazy for me to even look back at some of the things I did as a teenager.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

54 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

@ghostrek you gonna think about jobcore, I know my friends son who was fuckin' up got forced to do this, and apparently it helped him at least have some marketable skills. From what I've heard he's still a misanthropic... asshole.. but his fathers pretty stubborn as well. 

When I think back to when I was his age... My skateboard was a lethal weapon that no one wanted to fuck with..

and no one... not even people that saw way more in lifes spectrum... could sway my opinions..

It's crazy for me to even look back at some of the things I did as a teenager.

i am 33 years old would they take me 

Shit it says 16-24... You're probably already getting SSI for life so I think that's why..

I have an autistic friend that's actually older than me so that's why I think of you.

That man would have my back in a heart beat, and if he couldn't deal with the threat..

I would.. take it off him idk.. coming from an mma perspective this dude has raw skills..

and what makes me proud of him is his street smarts.. no other person like him can mix it up

in the places I've seen him mixing it up (in the past). Well I know one other..

Seems he's been living a bit of the thug life idk. The biker...group my step father used to 

lead in a way has taken a shining to him. It's sad.. I wonder if my late step father wanted to slap

box them as much as I do from what I've seen.. ehhh

SORRY GHOSTREK I'M PRETTY SURE YOUR OLDER THAN 24..

20 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well cooking the food is supposed to kill parasites, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

I mean like handling the food after it's done, maybe while plating it a worm egg under my fingernail from scratching myself earlier somehow makes it into the dish 

Edited by NaBron_James

10 hours ago, NaBron_James said:

I mean like handling the food after it's done, maybe while plating it a worm egg under my fingernail from scratching myself earlier somehow makes it into the dish 

Typically someone who works in back isn't going to be aware of the effect of what they have made for the people outside of extreme cases, but here you have a way to leave behind some small artifact of your presence in their life ("Worms") that will result in life of its own, causing a connection between you and the consumer you have never met and the many people they will go on to infect through their own leavings. Exceptional. I heard a lot of mint can irritate gi parasites, I haven't checked the science on that but you still may want to abstain.