UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you read an NPR article? Well that settles it then.

Yeah, and I'm sure whatever third hand gossip you heard is so much more valid.

I forget the guy's name, but they had a real computer expert that scoffed at the idea.

And yes, Elon Musk (who came to prominence by co-founding and selling a web based company in the mid 90s) and Neil Degrasse Tyson (who is an astrophysicist, so computers are definitely not his expertise) say such things but are not experts in those fields by any means.  Real experts who majored and work in those fields say that both the idea of us living in a simulation is slim to none and robots taking over the planet is slim to none.

If anyone is viewing this for the first time they are probably like  whut whut whut whut

Yeah.

A bit surprised the Major doesn't take down this commander who jumped straight to issuing the order to one-shot kill her through the brain after she went to town on that other who unnecessarily tried to crush her head.

Yeah, and I'm sure whatever third hand gossip you heard is so much more valid.

I forget the guy's name, but they had a real computer expert that scoffed at the idea.

And yes, Elon Musk (who came to prominence by co-founding and selling a web based company in the mid 90s) and Neil Degrasse Tyson (who is an astrophysicist, so computers are definitely not his expertise) say such things but are not experts in those fields by any means.  Real experts who majored and work in those fields say that both the idea of us living in a simulation is slim to none and robots taking over the planet is slim to none.

Dude nobody is saying we live in a simulation...relax.  These are all different area's of discussion that fall under the umbrella of AI.  They are interesting topics regardless of how close to reality they may be. You can safely dial it down a notch.

What I wanna know is how friggin' strong was that bullet which blew her head off? I mean, she got her head squeezed by a force that would crush a normal human's head like a grapefruit in Episode 21! Must have been a really SUPER bullet that got used tonight!!

They MUST have gotten it from the Korn "Freak on A Leash" music video