UnevenEdge

Deck The Halls With Dragon Balls!! A Very Super Christmas 2018!!

OwlChemist81

Open your stocking THIS SATURDAY NIGHT for a special gift from Santa TOM (5): 15 back-to-back-to-back episodes of Dragon Ball Super!!!

He comes down your chimney into the TV at 9, just like every Saturday night in 4Q '18, but this time he ain't leaving until 4:30 AM! Only TOONAMI!!

Edited by OwlChemist81

6 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I'll probably be watching some but not all.

I have high hopes that this will do better than the regular lineup has been doing lately, but not by much.

Of course we won't know HOW it does until Wednesday or Thursday, because Tuesday is Christmas.

if this was a selection of high octane super exciting episodes I'd probably have some incentive to tune in...but a bunch of recruitment episodes aren't really what you go to when you wanna see DB

• D'oh 1

21 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

does toonami always have to marathon DB Super around this time of year? because I'd think this would be the time to marathon something else...i mean when the only thing of note happening is people get recruited to fight and that's about it

it's about as lame as you can get for dragon ball

they refuse to show movies ever again so sadly yes, Marathonning the worst eps of a show we're all somewhat "meh" about is their game plan

• Like 1

Just now, saito34 said:

Can't stand it. Wish they'd make an effort to get something halfway decent.

I mean MHA and Mob Psycho are pretty excellent

though if they plan on relying on Crunchy for any OTHER decent pick-ups I don't think they'll have much luck since Crunchy is like netflix in that they have a huge selection but most of it is awful with only a rare few precious gems trapped beneath the filth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I mean MHA and Mob Psycho are pretty excellent

though if they plan on relying on Crunchy for any OTHER decent pick-ups I don't think they'll have much luck since Crunchy is like netflix in that they have a huge selection but most of it is awful with only a rare few precious gems trapped beneath the filth

Yeah...why not a Mob marathon?

also does anyone else find it funny that tomorrow night adultswim's airing a new episode of the shivering truth(one day before christmas eve)and on christmas eve cartoon network airs a new episode of steven universe  yet toonami's the only one out of the group that's actually taking the holidays off

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Absolutely.

Glad u made it bud.

Thanks, you too.

Yeah, they should really try to take into account which set of 7 or so eps a show is up to in leading into a marathon. So they can properly weigh the choices better. Super is in such an fluff/filler-like spot for repeating the last 7 eps.

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Thanks, you too.

Yeah, they should really try to take into account which set of 7 or so eps a show is up to in leading into a marathon. So they can properly weigh the choices better. Super is in such an fluff/filler-like spot for repeating the last 7 eps.

100%...it appears no forethought went into it whatsoever

True, but Trigun is clearly less cherished. Rewatching the series a couple years ago, even I could tell the animation didn't age well. Episode 4 especially; according to the Japanese credits, it was outsourced to the same studio responsible for the infamous Yashigani episode of Lost Universe (to the point of airing that same week, IIRC).

10 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

True, but Trigun is clearly less cherished. Rewatching the series a couple years ago, even I could tell the animation didn't age well. Episode 4 especially; according to the Japanese credits, it was outsourced to the same studio responsible for the infamous Yashigani episode of Lost Universe (to the point of airing that same week, IIRC).

oh no,

to be fair there was a hilarious story about why the first few eps of Lost universe were like that, a fire destroyed the master tapes of the show so they had to hire a company to restore the lost footage.......and the company was NOT very good at working under pressure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

For a second there, I thought you were revealing that Trigun was coming back.

At this point, all we can hope for is a Gungrave-Blood Blockade Battlefront power hour, and even that's asking a lot.

I wish.

Yup, Blood Blockade Battlefront would have been so damned PERFECT for the block.

Edited by DangerMouse