UnevenEdge

Red Dead Redemption 2

Sawdamizer

15 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

I'm reading a lot of shit on Reddit too that the gameplay is up around the Skyrim hours.

Which... I'm indifferent.

I’m not even sure how one can place that metric, especially considering how secretive this project has been. I doubt they’ve conflated this game with as much meaningless filler shit as Skyrim, so if the game is long, then it earns it (like the first game).

But also Skyrim is such a shitty example of an open-world game and I think it’s sad that it’s everyone’s go-to metric setter.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hachiman said:

Picked up a copy at best buy today. Only to find out it's 89.195 GB to install and play. Not only that but there's a day 1 patch of 3 GB also.

107GB in all and that's before it gets a ton of updates for online.

Those horse cocks take up a lot of memory.

Edited by Ric

only on chapter 2 and i started exploring and dying and random encounters that ends up with me killing strangers only for the game to transport me back to camp. also, fuck the lawmen. i never seen a swarm of lawmen spawn so quickly before. and i thought gta 5 had it's share of overzealous aggro cops but nope rdr2 takes the cake.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:14 AM, Sawdamizer said:

It's slow to start. I suppose that's a good thing, and makes sense that the main story is 60+ hours. I'm having fun though. The aiming is kind of cheesed, like GTA.

I haven't played this one yet but I remember the aiming being like that in the first one, almost auto hit everything on horseback, and if that wasn't enough you could slow it down to get like seven headshots in a row at once before enemies can even respond. I never cared tho, the world was just fun by itself.

3 hours ago, scope said:

I haven't played this one yet but I remember the aiming being like that in the first one, almost auto hit everything on horseback, and if that wasn't enough you could slow it down to get like seven headshots in a row at once before enemies can even respond. I never cared tho, the world was just fun by itself.

Yah it's about the same as GTA, there isn't much skill in aiming (I guess I could turn it off) but firing from the hip just looks bad ass.

10 minutes ago, Hachiman said:

hence the money glitch. i racked up a 400+ bounty before i i deleted my whole game to start fresh because of mistakes and a corrupt game bug.

Yah, tho I spent the evening aggroing people just by lame ass timey taunting... They shot me and the population lynched them.

15 hours ago, Rumb0 said:

Controls in this game are straight up ass tbh. I don't know how Rockstar messed up the shooting, especially since RDR1 had really tight shooting mechanics.

What exactly about the controls are different from RDR1? I don't think this game adds anything other than weight, which feels appropriate to the the realism the game emphasizes.

9 hours ago, Opium said:

What exactly about the controls are different from RDR1? I don't think this game adds anything other than weight, which feels appropriate to the the realism the game emphasizes.

The auto aim in RDR1 was snappy, and actually stayed on your target as you tried to maneuver the RS for headshots. There must be some way to get it back in RDR2 by heavily tweaking the aiming settings, but I'm not going to bother.

6 hours ago, Rumb0 said:

The auto aim in RDR1 was snappy, and actually stayed on your target as you tried to maneuver the RS for headshots. There must be some way to get it back in RDR2 by heavily tweaking the aiming settings, but I'm not going to bother.

I've had little trouble lining up for headshots. What weapons are you using?

On 11/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, Sawdamizer said:

Yep, I saw this on Reddit a few days ago after looking at them RDR2 memes. I haven't tried this yet though.

Funny thing is, even though I deleted my saved files and started fresh, I found out I still have dual pistols and a camera (I think I did before meeting that same side quest character). I'm currently stalling and re-exploring while doing side quests before finishing the two main quests that has to do with that Valentine town.