UnevenEdge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 14 Discussion Thread "太古から来た究極戦士"

jojo_logo_by_cx_asuka-d61s36x.png

Ultimate Warriors from Ancient Times

(太古から来た究極戦士 Taiko kara Kita Kyūkyoku Senshi)

The fourteenth episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

The fifth episode of Battle Tendency

Toonami Airdate: Saturday night/Sunday morning 1/29/2017 at 12:30am

Manga: Chapter 61 through half of Chapter 66

Original Japanese Airdate: "January 11, 2013"

Opening Theme: BLOODY STREAM performed by "Coda"

In its first week of sales, "Bloody Stream" sold 21 thousand units, reaching the number 4 spot on the Oricon's Weekly Album Charts. It also reached number 7 on Billboard's Japan Hot 100, 3 on the Japan Hot Single Sales chart, and number 2 on the Japan Hot Animation chart.

Ending Theme: Roundabout performed by "Yes" from their 1971 album Fragile

Previously on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode 13:

640px-Episode_13.png

As JoJo began to fight Santana, Joseph Jostar found his Hamon to not be so effective against him, but it still managed to help protect him from the Pillar Man's attacks. Joseph pretending to be knocked unconscious after receiving a powerful hit, allowed Santana to absorb him. However, this was all part of Joseph's plan so he can use Hamon inside of Santana's body, ripping him in half. After hearing of Santana's weakness to the sun, Joseph attempted to drag Santana into the sunlight in order to kill him, but Santana's absorbing flesh kept him from reaching the top of the stairs.

Stroheim stepped in to try and open the door himself, but Sanatana ensnared his leg, as well. Stroheim at his most motivating was eventually able to convince Joseph to chop off his ensnared leg, allowing him to open the door and expose Santana to the sunlight. However, Santana avoided death by diving into Stroheim's body by means of the now open wound from his leg. Resolving to take both himself and Santana out, Stroheim informed JoJo of the other Pillar Men his forces have found in Europe, telling him to go to Rome to learn how to defeat them before using a grenade on himself to once again expose Santana to sunlight by destroying his own body. As Santana made a last ditch attack at JoJo, driving both into a well, Joseph managed to defeat Santana by using the noon sunlight reflected in the well's water, turning Santana to stone

With the first Pillar man defeated/ending up more stoned than anyone at Woodstock and the sudden information that there are more Pillar Men set to be released, what is the next step for young Joseph JoStar and Speedwagon? Tune in to Toonami for the next episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to find out.

Only On Toonami

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friendly reminder that this Jojo is not related to the first Jojo by blood, just by adoption

(which is surprisingly progressive, most anime wouldn't think an adopted child was a valid descendant)

Uh...He kinda is. He's the son of Erina's child and the child rescued from the ship.

friendly reminder that this Jojo is not related to the first Jojo by blood, just by adoption

(which is surprisingly progressive, most anime wouldn't think an adopted child was a valid descendant)

What?  No, that's wrong.  He's the son of the baby Erina and Jonathan had.  He has Jonathan's star birthmark on his neck.

BLEH!  I still haven't caught up with JoJo!  Got caught up with Kai and One Piece.  Yeah, I'm still messed up from seeing Rogue One a third time some weeks ago and missing most of Toonami that night, and then being too tired to watch past Super last week or whenever it was.  Then today I got preoccupied messing around with my Youtube channel, and I watched NXT Takeover, hence why I was only able to catch up with 2 shows.  BUT,  I'll definitely be caught up after tomorrow for next week!

So, as this episode records, I suppose I can catch up with another show. *sigh*

Uh...He kinda is. He's the grandson of Erina's child and the child rescued from the ship.

oh

I assumed he was just the kid of the child Erina adopted

isn't it a touch weird to set up your kids as a couple even if one of them is adopted?