UnevenEdge

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Lucky Episode 13 Discussion!!

Just want to say that one of the best things about the David Production anime is that Parts 1 and 2 are animated in a ridiculously high pedigree. If you ever read the manga, the style is a lot more 80s Hokuto no Ken. Araki's work was good, but David Prod used it as a template to take the series to a whole other level. They could have kept the style all the same, but they not only brought the animation 30 years into the future, but also kept the unique style that makes it JoJo. You really appreciate that polish.

Anyway, the journey has begun! Time to meet more pillar men!

Just want to say that one of the best things about the David Production anime is that Parts 1 and 2 are animated in a ridiculously high pedigree. If you ever read the manga, the style is a lot more 80s Hokuto no Ken. Araki's work was good, but David Prod used it as a template to take the series to a whole other level. They could have kept the style all the same, but they not only brought the animation 30 years into the future, but also kept the unique style that makes it JoJo. You really appreciate that polish.

I really hope that remains true for Part 3. I have seen 3 episodes of it but I don't remember if it's like this early JoJo I've gotten to know and love!

What?  The first season of the show looks like ass.  It hides it really well with well made still shots, all the color shifting and such, but for the majority it's barely animated, has bad CG (which is really awful in...episode 22 I think), and is still full of really jank key frames.  It's a little cleaned up in the Toonami/home release, but the episodes as they aired generally looked pretty awful compared to almost everything else that was airing at the same time.

I really hope that remains true for Part 3. I have seen 3 episodes of it but I don't remember if it's like this early JoJo I've gotten to know and love!

SDC's production is about 10x better than PB/BT's.  Until the last stretch of episodes, where it kinda falls apart.

But it IS still better than PB/BT's after it falls apart, right?

It's really the last 3 or so episodes, mostly an issue with character art and key frames, and they got fixed up a bit on the bluray release, so it's not that drastic.

Part 4's anime in general has the best production values and direction/storyboarding, but even it has a slump of troubled episodes in the late 20s-early 30s, but it sticks the ending episodes production-wise