UnevenEdge

Cartoon network trying to trick people into seeing the Teen Titans Go! movie

mochi

apparently the crew of the show keep tweeting out that if the Teen Titans Go! movie is a box office hit they'll revive the original Teen Titans show and give it a 6th season

pretty much nobody believes them, nor do I think they should belive them

though it's amusing that they're so afraid the movie will fail that they're trying to trick people into going to see it by promising to bring the orignal show back

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'm expecting a 50/50 split between the true believers and the truly spiteful.

to be fair the evidence for it being a lie is pretty substantial

namely the fact that the first person to make the claim was Tara Strong makes it not believable....because she's known to be a casual troll to her fans on Twitter

Edited by mochi

On 6/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, mochi said:

apparently the crew of the show keep tweeting out that if the Teen Titans Go! movie is a box office hit they'll revive the original Teen Titans show and give it a 6th season

pretty much nobody believes them, nor do I think they should belive them

though it's amusing that they're so afraid the movie will fail that they're trying to trick people into going to see it by promising to bring the orignal show back

I heard there was a chance Teen Titans could come back.

What I did NOT hear was that this was part of a network BRIBE!

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

People who hate Teen Titans Go! are wild.

And by wild I mean are joyless dicks.

I don't hate it myself. I will watch it if I fancy an episode or two but I don't go out of my way to watch it. It's basically the same reason why I don't watch ben 10 either. It's pandering to the generation who don't have the attention span and trying to make a quick buck or two. Ditto for all these reboots that ditched the formula of storyline in favor of slapstick humor. The only cartoon that's on my watch list is DuckTales and that one show, Star Butterfly is in.

3 hours ago, Hachiman said:

I don't hate it myself. I will watch it if I fancy an episode or two but I don't go out of my way to watch it. It's basically the same reason why I don't watch ben 10 either. It's pandering to the generation who don't have the attention span and trying to make a quick buck or two. Ditto for all these reboots that ditched the formula of storyline in favor of slapstick humor. The only cartoon that's on my watch list is DuckTales and that one show, Star Butterfly is in.

I mean yeah it's for kids, but it's literally filled with in-jokes and meta references to DC comics and all their properties that no kid is going to get.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, QueenoftheDorks said:

I mean yeah it's for kids, but it's literally filled with in-jokes and meta references to DC comics and all their properties that no kid is going to get.

actually TTG!'s humor is often racist and sex based so it's kinda the OPPOSITE of a kid's show

it feels like the Beavis and Butthead meet the Teen Titans robot chicken sketch at times

1 hour ago, mochi said:

actually TTG!'s humor is often racist and sex based so it's kinda the OPPOSITE of a kid's show

it feels like the Beavis and Butthead meet the Teen Titans robot chicken sketch at times

How is it racist?

Anyway, this movie has so far done well compared to its small budget of $10 million. By mid-Saturday it earned just over that amount, and it's projected to make up itself twice over by this coming week. So anythings possible for a Season 6 of Teen Titans.

Edited by elfie

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

How is it racist?

Anyway, this movie has so far done well compared to its small budget of $10 million. By mid-Saturday it earned just over that amount, and it's projected to make up itself twice over by this coming week. So anythings possible for a Season 6 of Teen Titans.

until I see on TV promos for Teen Titans Season 6 I refuse to believe it's happening

How much of this is common knowledge to the people here I don't know, so forgive me if this is old news... But I just checked out TTG's ratings on wikipedia and they have really sunk starting about half way through last season and is so far continuing into the current season. Maybe those at TTG are figuring it might be canceled soon and they want to try to resurrect the original Teen Titans for the rabid fanbase that hated TTG for being so different from the original. Maybe this bargaining chip is a way to gauge how popular a revival of the old show might be. Especially if the movie does well, in part because of this bargaining, but the series continues it's downward trajectory, they'll probably really be considering bringing back the old show.

EDIT: After checking again the downward trajectory basically started at the end of last season rather than halfway, which makes my above statement maybe less likely, but still possible, I think.

EDIT 2: Looking at it yet again, the decline did really start around halfway last season, but fell even considerably worse at the end of said season.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

1 hour ago, elfie said:

If they're wise, they'll move Teen Titans Season 6 on a stream platform instead.  Everyone's migrating there anyway.

I fully expect that if there is another season that it will end up on their dumb DC only streaming service. I honestly doubt we'll see another DC branded series on CN while that exists.

3 minutes ago, Hachiman said:

as much as i like action and humor of Teen Titans Go, i'm all about Young Justice.

I was until the last episode of season 1 when they pandered to the shippers and had everyone make out over Red Tornado's dismembered body.

Still mad Green Lantern: The Animated Series got cancelled though.

Edited by QueenoftheDorks
  • Haha 1