UnevenEdge

The Venture Bros. are coming back this summer!

Adult Swim has confirmed that its beloved adventure series spoof/ongoing examination of failure and sadness, The Venture Bros., will be coming back sooner than expected. Per Forbes, the network responded to recent questions about the show’s return by stating that it’ll be back this summer, coming as something of a surprise for fans who’ve been waiting eagerly for any kind of news about when the title Bros. might next appear.

It’s been more than two years since we last checked in with Hank, Dean, Rusty, Brock, and the rest of the deluded, costumed man-children who make up their universe, with 2016's sixth season feeling both weirdly short, and also more heavily invested in the serialized storytelling elements that have always lurked in the back of the show’s DNA. This new information, meanwhile, comes in the aftermath of a recent interview with Chris Prynoski, whose Titmouse Studios handles the animation duties on the series. Prynoski was apparently tight-lipped about when the series might be making its way back to TV, but Adult Swim was a lot more open, responding to inquiries with a straightforward summer 2018 date. (And while this all feels a little roundabout, series creator Jackson Publick retweeted the Forbes piece quoting this potential return, which feels like pretty strong confirmation that the show will soon be back.)

https://news.avclub.com/the-venture-bros-are-coming-back-this-summer-1

Sweet!

They were being forced to work on both 7 and 8 back-to-back, so much so that Doc couldn't even get to Atlanta last year and I knew that 7 had already been recorded for sure which is usually a good indicator that the bulk of the animation is done as well. I hope this means he'll be free to wander this year. Urbaniak and Gagliardi have already RSVP'd. 

I'd expect it sometime in July or August because it would be the perfect tie-in for the book that is finally coming out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 8:25 PM, katt_goddess said:

I'd expect it sometime in July or August

Probably July 29th at 11:30, the week after Robot Chicken's season ends.

Black Jesus, if it airs on sundays, will probably have to air at 11. I don't see that fitting any later with everything else that's supposed to air this year. And I have to imagine that's coming next month. Harvey Birdman, Attorney General is likely the next special and that's in the fall, so the week after Mr. Neighbor's House 2 is either Black Jesus or Mostly 4 Millennials. Hopefully they premiere within a week of each other whatever the order. M4M is supposed to be 8 episodes, that's probably getting doubled up at midnight. Then Lazor Wulf and Bad Guys (if that's the Paul Scheer show coming) right after, each doubled up.

A new season of Check it Out! should also be airing this year, probably around December. Should have to be doubled up regardless if YPF and Dream Corp only air half their respective seasons this year.

News Flash :

Doc Hammer is officially official to Dragon Con this year. :) 

James Urbaniak was already on board. 

Jackson has actually just plain ol' shown up in the past so 40% possibility of him flying in for the hell of it since flying doesn't hurt him [Doc can't fly] . 

So, unless delays happen or there's scheduling issues [we need the big ballroom for this after all] , there is currently a Venture Brothers panel in planning. :) 

10374945_10154165752870387_2185726225713

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 8:35 PM, katt_goddess said:

I really need to check my notifications better -.-;

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! August 5th - 

I've actually seen the first episode already, as they played it at the (rainy as hell) Adult Swim on the Green tour when it came to Cleveland.

It'll be a nice change of pace to see it while dry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LUNI_TUNZ said:

I've actually seen the first episode already, as they played it at the (rainy as hell) Adult Swim on the Green tour when it came to Cleveland.

It'll be a nice change of pace to see it while dry.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that the first episode was ready to rock for the Tour thing. The majority of Season 7 was already in the bag by last Labor Day but was being tweaked along with Season 8 work. If it hadn't aired during the Green Tour, it would have aired at SDCC for sure as an advanced taste for the fans. 

I'm dancing in place about the book. It's still holding steady at July 31st release and I haven't been told my pre-order has been cancelled for my health yet. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'd make a jab at how this is classic ASMB, where the comedy side gets zero discussion. But damn, back in the day, VB had its fair share of buzz.

Can't help but wonder if we might never get a satisfying conclusion out of this, out of worry that it might not be getting the attention it used to.

But, so far, this season as been spectacular, with some great twist ending reveals.

18 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I'd make a jab at how this is classic ASMB, where the comedy side gets zero discussion. But damn, back in the day, VB had its fair share of buzz.

Can't help but wonder if we might never get a satisfying conclusion out of this, out of worry that it might not be getting the attention it used to.

But, so far, this season as been spectacular, with some great twist ending reveals.

With a lot of the comedy shows though they were Fox re-heats. You never could get a solid discussion thread going on something that someone saw 'new' the previous Sunday. And the short shows like Robot Chicken never had episode discussions. I'd handle maybe a question every other month and that was that for RC. 

But the Venture base is very much out there, just not in here actively. Doc's appearances are always packed and there are professional Venture Brothers cosplayers running around. :D