UnevenEdge

Tips for the new forum

Admin

want to make sure this is out there so people will see it:

the default on the board for some reason is to kick you out of a topic when you post in it.  If you want to remain there after you post a reply do this:

go to:

profile>modify profile>look and layout>check the box "return to topic by default after posting"

the default on the board for some reason is to kick you out of a topic when you post in it.  If you want to remain there after you post a reply do this:

go to:

profile>modify profile>look and layout>check the box "return to topic by default after posting"

Yesss, thanks for this it was annoying me.

One thing I don't like, when you quote someone the color of the box with the quoted text in it isn't that great. I'd rather it be more like the other board where it's just a frame around the quote.

I agree with that.  If we can find a way to change it I will.  for now though it'll probably stay that way for a bit.  unless we stumble on something.

there's a list of aesthetic changes (rank stars, the nav buttons for the mods/plugins) and that should be added to that list because it should indeed look a little clearer than it does.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think non-staff have that permission.  We can't delete our replies in threads either.

you don't

some of us do have powers to delete/remove threads while others have the lock/modify option

mods can do it

green ghosts can do it

me ..... I think I can but only if the op requests it

Admin[/member] care to verify?

volunteers aren't supposed to fuck with people's shit unless they ask em to.  and they have to ask EXACTLY like that.  They HAVE to say it like "please fuck with my shit".  Otherwise it is NOT POSSIBLE for volunteers to fuck with anybody's shit.

people can edit posts now but regular users can't delete a post.

volunteers aren't supposed to fuck with people's shit unless they ask em to.  and they have to ask EXACTLY like that.  They HAVE to say it like "please fuck with my shit".  Otherwise it is NOT POSSIBLE for volunteers to fuck with anybody's shit.

ok so that mean we can violate their posts if they say so?

• 1 month later...

You should make it so a user who has created a thread has the ability to delete posts within that thread.  So that, if a thread you created was turned into a personal argument between a couple of other users, you could delete those posts and try to get the thread back on track.

I don't believe that there is an ability that can give someone exclusive rights like that in their own thread. I know that users can be given rights in a folder, but that would cover all the threads in a folder not just the ones that they have made. Either way just saying if it were possible I could see it being misused and causing more issues than it would solve between users. 

You should make it so a user who has created a thread has the ability to delete posts within that thread.  So that, if a thread you created was turned into a personal argument between a couple of other users, you could delete those posts and try to get the thread back on track.

That seems like it'll just end with people being babies and deleting posts they don't like.

I don't believe that there is an ability that can give someone exclusive rights like that in their own thread. I know that users can be given rights in a folder, but that would cover all the threads in a folder not just the ones that they have made. Either way just saying if it were possible I could see it being misused and causing more issues than it would solve between users.

If certain users misused it, wouldn't their threads become barren wastelands?  Either they would learn to shape up and fly right or they'd be ignored.

I think the idea deserves at least a trial run.

The last two weeks, I've had Episode Discussion threads hijacked by hate speech. 

Currently it is being discussed however it's not looking to be approved

Just about all volunteers are against it so don't get your hopes up

Currently it is being discussed however it's not looking to be approved

Just about all volunteers are against it so don't get your hopes up

So it's simply because you people simply aren't willing to give up power...

Nice...

I'm not saying that some people wouldn't abuse it.  But with only the power to delete posts within their own threads, those people would be quickly ignored by the community at large.  It would be an immune system that targets trolls.  It would be a much better solution than the "Freedom!!!" approach we have now, where every thread has the ability to be hijacked by trolls.

I'm not saying that some people wouldn't abuse it.  But with only the power to delete posts within their own threads, those people would be quickly ignored by the community at large.  It would be an immune system that targets trolls.  It would be a much better solution than the "Freedom!!!" approach we have now, where every thread has the ability to be hijacked by trolls.

what I just highlighted is the exact reason why alot of us are against it because all it would take is 1 user to abuse it and it getting taken away

we already had one abuse with the sigs and now a restriction has been placed to keep it from happening again

if you have a problem with hijacking threads ask a Man/Women in black they are the mods that can remove them

I seen viperxmns[/member] post alot in the discussion threads ask him to look at them.

however it is up to the moderation team to decide what goes and what stays so you may think it's my thread and I don't like it thus it has to be removed a staff can see it as why does it have to be removed it's on topic

moderation on here is a 2 way street it can go either way currently there is an update in the works for that but until that said update is implemented you will have to just use the report to mod feature or PM one of them

Guest The Hound

Luuv we've gotta get that obnoxious blue smilie from the nodebb boards in here, haha.

You are not the first person to request this.

IF one of you will give me a screenshot or the original image I'll do it.

what I just highlighted is the exact reason why alot of us are against it because all it would take is 1 user to abuse it and it getting taken away

we already had one abuse with the sigs and now a restriction has been placed to keep it from happening again

if you have a problem with hijacking threads ask a Man/Women in black they are the mods that can remove them

I seen viperxmns[/member] post alot in the discussion threads ask him to look at them.

however it is up to the moderation team to decide what goes and what stays so you may think it's my thread and I don't like it thus it has to be removed a staff can see it as why does it have to be removed it's on topic

moderation on here is a 2 way street it can go either way currently there is an update in the works for that but until that said update is implemented you will have to just use the report to mod feature or PM one of them

Yeah, I understand why you're against it.  Because it limits your own power.  I say that people have the power and if someone abuses that power then the people will ignore them, thereby removing that power.  If someone were to abuse the power and delete all posts they don't agree with, how long do you think it would take for the rest of the users to identify and ignore the user from that point on?  Not very long.

You are hell bent on having this be a made feature if anything it being a paid feature might be a better way to allow it to be made however it's not the time nor the place.

I will however have a poll made where staff can choose whether or not it should be a thing

Once all volunteers vote on it it will be placed here so everyone can see the results

I can only do this if the admin is on board.

Yeah, I understand why you're against it.  Because it limits your own power.  I say that people have the power and if someone abuses that power then the people will ignore them, thereby removing that power.  If someone were to abuse the power and delete all posts they don't agree with, how long do you think it would take for the rest of the users to identify and ignore the user from that point on?  Not very long.

I like my posts. I don't want them getting deleted because some pissbaby throws a tantrum and wipes every disagreement from his thread. Ignoring that person in the future wouldn't bring back the posts he trashes. I'm guessing a lot of people who dislike the idea feel a similar way.

You are hell bent on having this be a made feature if anything it being a paid feature might be a better way to allow it to be made however it's not the time nor the place.

I will however have a poll made where staff can choose whether or not it should be a thing

Once all volunteers vote on it it will be placed here so everyone can see the results

I can only do this if the admin is on board.

A paid feature?  Done!  How much?  I'm an adult with an actual career and not financially hindered by others.  What are we talking?  $5?  $10?  $20?  Let's get that Patreon page rolling. 

And everything else aside, the reason I suggest is is that Volunteers don't have the power to do anything.  How many thread have gotten hijacked due to shitty people who can't keep their opinions to themselves.  I'm not talking about a post of two, I'm talking about whole pages dedicated to arguing the pros and cons of hate speech, in a thread where they do not belong.

Why are you so against this?  Hell, it could even be where thread creators can delete posts but Volunteers and Luuv can negate or remove such a privilege if abused.  Luuv said that no post is really deleted, so can't thread creators' deleted post go in that same save folder?

It figures.  The only thing those with power fear... is losing that power.

A greater concern, and the whole reason for wanting some power, is WHAT THE HELL WILL YOU DO ABOUT TROLLS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Obviously, it's a heated political climate, and I respect the right to the 1st amendment.  But when a certain user trolls another user across the entirety of the boards and all threads there-within to the point where the victim will quit the board due to the hatred, at what point do you guys (and Luuv) step up and do your fucking job?!

I don't understand why you all would want a dedicated member of the boards to permanently leave and a confirmed troll to stay. 

The entire reason I fought for this was not for my own well-being.  I don't care what people say about me.  It bounces off me like rubber.  I know I'm better off than them.  I'm fighting for those who do need help.  But with no weapons, there's very little I can do.  And since no help seemed to be coming from the higher-ups, I felt this might help. 

It figures.  The only thing those with power fear... is losing that power.

A greater concern, and the whole reason for wanting some power, is WHAT THE HELL WILL YOU DO ABOUT TROLLS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Obviously, it's a heated political climate, and I respect the right to the 1st amendment.  But when a certain user trolls another user across the entirety of the boards and all threads there-within to the point where the victim will quit the board due to the hatred, at what point do you guys (and Luuv) step up and do your fucking job?!

I don't understand why you all would want a dedicated member of the boards to permanently leave and a confirmed troll to stay. 

The entire reason I fought for this was not for my own well-being.  I don't care what people say about me.  It bounces off me like rubber.  I know I'm better off than them.  I'm fighting for those who do need help.  But with no weapons, there's very little I can do.  And since no help seemed to be coming from the higher-ups, I felt this might help. 

Look I have no power on this matter

The only ones allowed to even edit a members post is the admin and the mods

I can only mess with them if they have sexual suggestive materials in them and even then I'm not allowed to mess with them

I get it you care about the discussion however if you truly wanted to heard message the administrator on the matter

Look I have no power on this matter

The only ones allowed to even edit a members post is the admin and the mods

I can only mess with them if they have sexual suggestive materials in them and even then I'm not allowed to mess with them

I get it you care about the discussion however if you truly wanted to heard message the administrator on the matter

So who regulates the Discussion threads?  And what would it take to get them more power to stop jackass-ness?