UnevenEdge

It's a counter-attack! Female Hawtness Thread MK. IV NSFW

Satou Kazuma

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

are you fucking serious? i saw this on the OG cartoon network website when it required motherfucking RealPlayer to play

Keep in mind a lot of our members are probably 20 somethings.

1 minute ago, Naraku4656 said:

i am 20 something which is why that's no excuse

I'm not sure why I even need an excuse. Is it really so bad I didn't visit Cartoon Network's site back then? I don't think I even watched Cartoon Network back then. I heard about Adult Swim in 2003, and that brought me back to Cartoon Network. But even then, online, I was going to adultswim.com, not cartoonnetwork.com.

10 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm not sure why I even need an excuse. Is it really so bad I didn't visit Cartoon Network's site back then? I don't think I even watched Cartoon Network back then. I heard about Adult Swim in 2003, and that brought me back to Cartoon Network. But even then, online, I was going to adultswim.com, not cartoonnetwork.com.

FYI 2003 was when Interstella 5555 came out. You likely never saw marketing for it because Adult Swim has always been very hush-hush or gonzo about everything.  Even today they only market Toonami on Adult Swim and occasionally on CN proper, with NO ads on any other network.

Edited by elfie

Eh, it's just one of those things that was everywhere in the early days of the internet that's why they're surprised.

But you have to consider it was the pre Youtube era, and it was pretty easy to miss stuff like this.

I mean Crest of the Stars was on TV, how many of our members remember that?

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

Eh, it's just one of those things that was everywhere in the early days of the internet that's why they're surprised.

But you have to consider it was the pre Youtube era, and it was pretty easy to miss stuff like this.

dude i fucking loved that show. and banner of the stars was great too

Just now, elfie said:

FYI 2003 was when Interstella 5555 came out.

I was probably watching AS at that time, but I don't think I was watching daytime CN during that time.

To be more exact, I started watching Adult Swim a little bit after Family Guy was added to the block. Like on the other board I was on, people were posting about how Family Guy was newly added to Adult Swim, and I was like oh cool, I should check that out (I liked Family Guy on it's original Fox run).

I don't at all recall how much longer it took after that for me to start watching daytime CN again.

Just now, Naraku4656 said:

dude i fucking loved that show. and banner of the stars was great too

Yeah I know we talked about it before. Guess who has the licence to it now? Funimation!

It badly needs a redub.

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yeah I know we talked about it before. Guess who has the licence to it now? Funimation!

It badly needs a redub.

the terrible dub is what makes it great though.

but seriously when i rewatched that show in like 2010 or 2011the dub was literally unwatachable. i had to switch to japanese like 5 minutes in

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I was probably watching AS at that time, but I don't think I was watching daytime CN during that time.

To be more exact, I started watching Adult Swim a little bit after Family Guy was added to the block. Like on the other board I was on, people were posting about how Family Guy was newly added to Adult Swim, and I was like oh cool, I should check that out (I liked Family Guy on it's original Fox run).

I don't at all recall how much longer it took after that for me to start watching daytime CN again.

I dont' remember the first time I watched CN. Probably when I was an early teen.  Course when i was out of school, I began watching it a LOT.  And then Toonami came back, and now I'm into Toonami even more than I was before it was canceled.

.... aren't we supposed to be posting hot women?

busty_mom_inoue_orihime_by_kiradaidohji-

6 hours ago, Daos said:

Just watched it for the first time a couple of months ago, so yo.  The dub for Crest was pretty raw, but I didn't mind it too much.  The cast got substantially better at their roles by the time of Banner.

28 minutes ago, Ric said:

No way Crest/Banner gets a redub, unless maybe they another Kickstarter and succeed like they did with Escaflowne. I think it's still too obscure for that and it would fail to meet the goal though.

Then why bother getting the rights to it, there's no way they can release it with the shitty Bandai Entertainment dub it has now. Funimation has the rights... I assume they will do something with it... eventually.

Lafiel.jpg

1 hour ago, Daos said:

Then why bother getting the rights to it, there's no way they can release it with the shitty Bandai Entertainment dub it has now. Funimation has the rights... I assume they will do something with it... eventually.

Didn't they get it in a package deal with Sunrise? That they've had it since 2013 and still no word shows it isn't much of a priority for them.

1187149019795.jpg

Sunrise is Bandai. Outlaw Star just got a DVD release by Funimation and they were Bandai.

I'm sure it's low priority for them, but I bet it happens in the next 5 years.

Keep in mind it took 2 years to start dubbing Re Zero, one of the hottest anime of the last few years. Sometimes this stuff just ends up taking absurdly long.

Don't you say it will never happen or you'll anger Lafiel.

snapshot20090719152538.jpg

Plenty of license-rescued series have been re-released with far worse dubs on them.  At the very least it's adequate.  FUNi's not going to spend any money doing a redub of an obscure late-90s sci-fi series that already has a dub in the first place.

• Like 1