UnevenEdge

Trunks Thread 19.1: A New New Frontier

PokeNirvash

Clover- I wish he'd fallen off the roof as a small child. Hey show I'm gonna stop you right there, I really don't give a damn about this kid's tragic backstory. I feel nothing here, traumatic flashback. Sorry cute girl but you suck. Y'all are gonna get your asses kicked. Is it too much to hope that they all just kill each other? Use Screaming Dipshit as a human shield. I don't think glasses douche wants to be your friend, Yuno. Well that's a goddamn creepy face. I can respect his decision to want the idiots to fuck off and leave him alone. Sorry dude your mom was a bitch. Kid I would trust exactly one of these people with anything stronger than a potato peeler. FRIENDSHIP. This show would be so much better if Yuno was the main character. At all costs, save that bird. Gee I wonder if they're gonna use the idiot with no magic power to sneak up on this guy that can sense magic power. Didn't need the diagram, we could have figured this out for ourselves. I think this guy wins the dick measuring contest.

SURPRISE FLCL- Man these subs are tough to read on my screen. These lesbians are adorable. Any place called the Ham Center sounds delicious. Dude's really committed to finishing his ramen. Everyone knows there's no boning in space. HI HARUKO. Hey girl you got a big forehead, we can use that. I wish I'd spend high school in a lesbian Jenga club. Well now I want Dr Pepper. I am here for adorable rocket lesbians. :D Diabetes won't wait. :D Okay, subbed Tom cracks me up. Absolutely put sequins on that rocket. I live the pervert one taking upskirt shots of her friend. It's pretty! And then the meteor hit. Nooo not the rocket they worked so hard on that. That is an enemy stand. HI HARUKO, AGAIN. Choke her with food until she wakes up. Time for your giant forehead to fulfill its destiny. Ohhh that's a big ol' fucker there. Gotta borrow your forehead, kid. Haruko is beating shit up with a guitar, all is right in the world. Oh good they remade the rocket. Well the important thing is that you tried, kids. I still wanted Jojo but this is an acceptable replacement.

Mind Game- This is interesting but damn I do not have the brain power to watch and comment at the same time. Y'know what I'll have to watch this in full later, my brain is not equipped to process this at midnight.

Suprise Sub Jojo- I assume we're getting the dubbed version of everything next week so I'll do full comments then. This is even gayer and more beautiful than I ever could have hoped, and god do I want in the middle of that.

Edited by EmpressAngel

NEVER MIND TONIGHT IT IS THEN.

With all the times Demarco told us Toonami would never ever EVER air subs, the fact that they'd actually break that platinum rule on April Fool's of all nights is very comforting. As someone who enjoys subs and dubs equally, this was a 10/10 prank. Though I'm still waiting for that new show replacement announcement... Ah well, it'll probably pop up during [as] Jr. tonight.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - I don't have a lot to say, besides OF COURSE ZAMASU WAS EVIL ALL ALONG.

DRAGONBALL Z KAI - We Kid Buu now, and yes that's a bad thing.

BLACK CLOVER - Be glad we didn't get the subbed version of this tonight, otherwise all of our eardrums would be kaput.

FLCL ALTERNATIVE - No matter how perfect the original was, I've always been up for a sequel of this wonderful show. I wasn't expecting them to stealth premiere Alternative, though. Since Progressive is coming first, I thought they'd pimp that out, but them doing Alternative instead is an acceptable substitute. Added bonus, the decade-plus I've spent working on NIBAI MUGENDAI (which is old news BTW, Kinky Kunoichi is what's hot in my original anime book right now) paid off in a way. Production I.G animating, mid-2000s era Pillows songs featured in the soundtrack, and [adult swim] on the production crew? It's like NM come to life in at least a couple of respects. I literally cannot wait for the next five. September cannot come soon enough.

MIND GAME - I needed to rewatch this movie after my original 2009 fansub viewing, and I'm glad they had the guts to do it. (And use the maximum rating too!) Best part was the yakuza footballer chase scene, second best was the escape from the whale, third was that trippy two minutes of Yang in that cat-eared hood with the inflatable breasts and crotch attachment. That hit my fetish buttons just right. :x But seriously, watch this movie if you have depression. 99 times out of 100, it'll cheer you right the fuck up.

SUBBED PREMIERES/RERUNS - I'll do regular coverage on it next week, but I watched them anyways and they were glorious. I'm pretty sure legal stuff was the reason they couldn't get the Japanese version of the Gundam episode, but considering how much of a downer that semi-liar Jingai says it is, jumping straight from JoJo to Hunter was sweet relief. I wanna strangle Illumi, or at least pay Hisoka to do it for me. Any time we see the full Naruto OP on TV is a good one. I was fucking ecstatic seeing the Japanese ending of Dandy on TV too. Yep, Bebop's dub is better than the sub. xD I can't get over them using the English language closed captions for the GITS episode.

SCAVENGERS - When you think of it as more an animation test than something meaningful, I can see the appeal.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Well this is a special guest appearance if I've ever seen one. :D

Tonight on Toonami, reports on Zamasu's presence in Trunks's future inspire Whis to come up with an interesting theory, Buu's initial form demonstrates his massive power in Toei's worst spoilage of an episode title yet, TOM is sent into the future to try and stop an infected SARA from destroying all organic life in a re-airing of Countdown, here's another airing of Scavengers to fill for time, Joseph and Avdol try to get unstuck from one another (with sexy results), Rustal's pissed that his show was excluded from the April Fools' stunt so he's taking it out on Tekkadan, Black Clover settles into its new 1AM timeslot with the long-awaited sakuga episode, Gon attempts to process the dizzying highs and terrifying lows of being in debt, Tsunade's replacement as interim Hokage takes the "appointed ruler" thing a bit too far, unexplained engine trouble with the Aloha Oe forces the crew to spend a Groundhog's Day loop's worth of nights with Meow's family, here's another run of Bebop because Demarco hates us folk who actually want new stuff that isn't rehashed FLCL, and Section 9 heads to the Kuril Islands to nab Kuze as he prepares to make a lucrative Russian plutonium deal.

10:30 - Dragonball Super #58 - Zamasu and Black: The Duo's Mystery Deepens - TV-14L

11:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #157 - Earth Destroyed! The Initial Buu's Nefarious Strike! - TV-14DLV

11:30 - Toonami Countdown - TV-14LV

11:45 - Scavengers - TV-PG

12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders #31 - Bastet's Mariah, Part 2 - TV-MAV

12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans #47 - Scapegoat - TV-14L

1:00 - Black Clover #17 - Destroyer - TV-PGV

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #90 - Interest and Curse - TV-14V

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #197 - The Sixth Hokage Danzo - TV-PG

2:30 - Space Dandy #10 - There's Always Tomorrow, Baby - TV-14DL

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #1 - Asteroid Blues - TV-14LV

3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig #20 - FABRICATE FOG - TV-14V

By the way, no, I'm not Meta, I just took over one of his jobs after he disappeared to parts unknown.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

Hey guys! I missed you guys so much! I'm still stuck in the boonies with terrible internet but I'm slowly trying to work my way back into the anime game by using my job's wifi at lunch. Don't call it a comeback (yet) cause it's mostly just gonna be catching up on One Piece.

I still can't believe that not only is there a JoJo anime and that it was dubbed but it is airing on American television.

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Joseph and Avdol try to get unstuck from one another (with sexy results)

OH BOY

1 hour ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

I still can't believe that not only is there a JoJo anime and that it was dubbed but it is airing on American television.

It's a beautiful show that forces all of us to look deep inside ourselves and realize we would absolutely bang a senior citizen.

Edited by EmpressAngel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

FUN FACT: I actually bought the Warner Bros. release of JoJo season 1 back when everybody refused to because it was too barebones for them. So when it inevitably aired on Toonami, I was psyched to once again be the guy who'd already seen the new show and wanted to witness how other people responded to it. Only unlike with IGPX, people actually reacted the way I wanted them to! xD

Edited by PokeNirvash

Reply out-of-sequence.

Well, they did interrupt the schedule, but with things I was okay seeing, and they extended the block through the Comedy repeats, so I didn't save any time after all. Quite the opposite, actually. Thus, I didn't watch Scavengers.

DBS - The fighting was cool, but Zamasu had some ridiculous hax going. I'd guess he goes on to get a wish from the Super Dragon Balls for his invincibility. Plus, present!Zamasu should chill. Goku and Vegeta earned that divine energy through hard work under Whis' instruction. They shouldn't be treated like impetuous thieves for it.

Goku, Trunks and Vegeta escaping to the past is fine, but I don't know what good it will do if they can't figure out a way around Zamasu's instant regeneration.

DBZK - This was sooooo drug out, but Goku and Vegeta got the others out of Buu, including Fat Buu, so now we have Kid Buu, at last.

BC - Oh, so Luck's mom didn't die because he lost, but he thought that winning was the only way to earn his deceased mom's approval. His fixation makes a little more sense, but his off-his-rocker smile pre-dating that death doesn't. He was and still is a strange one indeed.

The smoke magic guy should have many broken bones and several ruptured organs from Asta's strike. If the sword's edge were actually sharp, the guy would be in two or more pieces.

Yuno not leaving Klaus to fight alone, despite an order to do just that, is fine, but I'm somewhat concerned that this guy seems even more powerful than Yuno.

JoJo: SC - The embarrassing positions aside, Avdol and Joseph being stuck together was quite problematic, but especially so on the railroad track. While Avdol did find a way to get them out of the train's path, I feel like heat enough to burn a hole into the ground would soften the rail, which should fail under the weight of the train, crushing our duo and derailing it anyway. Even if it didn't soften the rail, the rail now lacked support, and it could've failed from that, crushing our duo and derailing it anyway. Oh well.

Mariah thought she was luring the men into a trap, but they had a plan of their own. The reason that power lines are magnetic, if memory serves, is because they have an outer, non-conducting steel cable for structural support. Of course, there's also the induced magnetic field from the flow of electricity, but that's probably less of a concern than the supporting cable. However, once a power line was close to Joseph, he had enough metallic objects on him that the electricity could've arced through the air to any one of those on the near side of him and flowed into him anyway. Avdol also would've had a problem with the truck. He, even with the objects stuck to him, would've weighed much less than the truck. If the force of his magnetism was enough to pull the truck to him, then it would've also been more than enough to pull him to the truck, unless the magnetic attraction to Joseph was strong enough at that point to counterbalance the attraction to the truck, meaning that Avdol wouldn't move and the magnetism would grow stronger until what we saw happened. The added mass of the truck likely bought Mariah another minute before the magnetism between Avdol and Joseph caused them to pancake her. With the forces involved in that impact, she should consider herself lucky if she was only hospitalized with many broken bones and internal injuries. Here's hoping her face wasn't damaged in the process.

I feel like Jean and Jotaro should've realized, considering their own experience against Anubis, that Avdol and Joseph could've been under attack much sooner than they did.

I was mildly surprised that Iggy played no role in defeating Bastet and Mariah. Also, Bastet has incredibly weak combat potential. It relies solely and catching Mariah's opponent off-guard and waiting for the growing effect of that attack to kill them.

FLCL 2 - I was already interested in seeing this, and now I'm even more interested. I feel like the dude from the soba shop where the one girl who becomes an N.O. channel works could be the grown Naota, but I can't be sure based on this alone.

Haruko looks a little older, but she's still a hottie.

The new "mall" looks like it's a building facade over another giant iron to me.

Mind Game - First, the negative things. For one, I probably wouldn't have watched this if it weren't placed in front of my eyeballs based solely on the art style. For two, I seriously doubt that someone could clench their buttocks tightly enough and twist quickly enough to wrest a pistol from the hand of someone holding the grip, or at least not without getting shot in the process. For three, I've already addressed the idea of a massive, air-filled cavity which isn't part of the respiratory system with Samurai Jack. For four, I reject the philosophical/theological implications of Nishi's meeting with God. For five, I had trouble telling what was happening at the very end. It looked like each of the people was living out several possible futures which might be mutually exclusive for any one of the people.

Now, the positive things. For one, the story was engrossing. For two, I like that Nishi was able to use the opportunity that the self-made do-over gave him to build a relationship with his crush. For three, the initially fatal incident did present a plausible wound channel for someone shot from that angle. For four, I admired the ingenuity and determination of the group as they sought to escape for their lives from the giant whale. For five, I applaud the logic and ambition Nishi demonstrated in recognizing how to get a do-over and seizing the opportunity.

I do want to focus on one scene, though. When the two yakuza guys came to the bar, the Muscle was openly carrying his pistol; a quick look at him from the front gave a view of the pistol's grip. He also showed that he was a powerful physical specimen by compressing the soccer ball so much that the inner air bladder ruptured. He was clearly visibly angry. He both accosted Myon and threatened to rape her. He struck her fiancee and pointed the pistol at Nishi. In light of all this, I would consider Nishi to be within his natural and legal rights to shoot the Muscle, because not only was his life threatened by the Muscle's actions, but Nishi was also acting to defend Myon from great bodily harm. Even after Nishi disarmed the Muscle, the Muscle still posed a believable threat due to his strength and demonstrated willingness to engage in violence. Now, taking the other yakuza's car to escape the dangerous scene isn't necessarily defensible, but needing to flee from the presence of a man whose criminal colleague Nishi had just killed is understandable.

I'm not sure how Myon was so buxom, but her sister would've had A-cups.

MSG: IBO 2 - Old episode: Yes, there were horrible casualties on Iron Flower's side, and not just the slain, but the maimed as well, including one of Akihiro's adoptive brothers.

No, Mikazuki. You set an unrealistic goal there. It's not reasonable at all to expect you to fight and defeat an entire fleet. You didn't let Orga down by failing to do the impossible. You fought as well as you could without giving yourself another feedback stroke.

I'm fine with Julietta opting not to have the A.V. implant surgery, even if she termed it in a prejudiced way.

Yeah, Shino was cool with Yamagi wanting to get with him. Whatever. Shino did make good on putting his life on the line to protect his family from a ruthless war criminal, even though he failed to take that enemy out.

Wait, what? How did Rustall manage to strip McGillis of his rank? Under Gjallarhorn's bylaws, McGillis was the supreme commander by virtue of piloting Bael. What kind of leverage would Rustall have on the other Stars to get them to agree to that move? You have some explaining to do, show.

HxH - Kuckle's interest accrual power is so usurious that it's obscene. This definitely counts as hax.

Wait, what? What happened to Killua's eye? I feel like this is some kind of nen trap Illumi set in Killua to assure that he'd only fight the way his older brother wanted. How it would know when to activate, I don't know, but it's very weird and looks unlike anything Shoot had done up to that point.

Oh, crap. The C.A. King looks like it's about to hatch. That can't be good news for anyone.

Shippuden - Frankly, Danzo wasn't wrong to denounce Sauce as a rogue ninja. It may be the only thing Danzo ever gets right, but he did make a sound call here.

The curse mark on all the Foundation operatives to insure they won't talk about Danzo to others sounds like the action of a man suffering from rampant paranoia. Plus, I wonder if it would work on them writing things out to divulge his secrets, because Sai is very quick with his brush.

I'm fine with Naruto offering to help find Killer B. It's a good gesture of the spirits of good will and cooperation between Villages which aren't actively hostile to one another, and it further serves as proof that Sauce's actions weren't aligned with the sentiments of his Village.

SD - It was funny to see that Meow's unintelligible actual name is rendered with a number of symbols in it.

Dandy's cry of "tomorrow" before firing the rocket being in English was great.

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - I watched this on dvd ahead of time. Yep, Kuze ripped off Office Space.

While the designs for a nuclear weapon would likely be available on the Net in the GitS universe, having that and fissile material wouldn't necessarily translate into having a bomb to threaten a government for independence. They would need a delivery system, and I feel like a country which has suffered nuclear detonations in two wars in the show's universe would have detection technologies to find sources of high radiation, especially if one was moving over land or into a port area.

Well, that wrestling match with the Arm suit and a Tachi was anticlimactic.

19 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Well when he looks like Joseph Joestar... you really can't resist.

I can resist, but I will admit he's still a handsome devil. I would say he aged like a fine 30-year-old whisky, but I've never shelled out for more than 12-year-old hooch.

Welcome. It's good to see you here.

3 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Hey guys! I missed you guys so much! I'm still stuck in the boonies with terrible internet but I'm slowly trying to work my way back into the anime game by using my job's wifi at lunch. Don't call it a comeback (yet) cause it's mostly just gonna be catching up on One Piece.

Welcome back. I was active on the ASMB for about the last two and a half years of its existence, so I'm not sure if I ever interacted with you... but it's nice to have yet another user from years past on these boards. ^_^

1 hour ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

BC - The smoke magic guy should have many broken bones and several ruptured organs from Asta's strike. If the sword's edge were actually sharp, the guy would be in two or more pieces.

Mind Game - For two, I seriously doubt that someone could clench their buttocks tightly enough and twist quickly enough to wrest a pistol from the hand of someone holding the grip, or at least not without getting shot in the process.

I'm not sure how Myon was so buxom, but her sister would've had A-cups.

SD - It was funny to see that Meow's unintelligible actual name is rendered with a number of symbols in it.

Asta's sword is meant for magic first, humans second. That, and I don't remember it ever being used as anything besides a blunt object, so yeah, broken bones and ruptured organs sounds about right.

Hey, when you're Nishi and you just came back to live five seconds before you died by sheer willpower, you can do aaaaaanything you want. (Also it's a Masaaki Yuasa film, so it's not like it's trying to be realistic. 9_9)

Myon drank her milk when she was younger like a good girl, while Yang had to have hers given to her mixed with her food, like with Nishi. Hence the lacking chest size.

What I loved about that was how the pronunciation of that name varied from person to person. ("Les?" "Bian." was another good Japanese-language moment, though we'll all prefer "I'm gay" regardless.)

Edited by PokeNirvash

Jojo- Of all the episodes they could air twice I'm so glad it was this one. I would pay this woman any amount of money for her to shove me in the middle of this. :D I can't stop laughing this is beautiful. You know I've had this dream before, only usually they're naked and I'm between them. Don't worry Avdol nobody would blame you for giving Joseph a blowjob. :D They look so happy. And then Avdol rammed into him from behind at the seventh space velocity. Sorry granny no one can resist Avdol's sweet sweet codpiece. :D He's crying. Hellooooo Mariah. Aw crap that's a railroad. Well hey at least you're not stuck together by the dicks this time. OH NO A TRAIN. Why does this show want to kill my husband so badly? Avdol's so nice he puts the train before their lives. Use your unreasonably buff arms to pull yourselves to safety! I can't even be mad, she's just too pretty. And the day is saved, thanks to Avdol's giant cock. Sorry Joseph she's into this. WELL THEN. I'd also throw myself at them tits-first if given the chance. Lady no that just sounds painful for your own boobs. The Secret Joestar Technique can't save you now. Give me a taste too, Joseph. :D I like that Avdol's still got a damn railroad track glued to him. Meanwhile, these two really should have figured out something was up. :D Polnareff using the phrase "major douche canoe" is something I didn't know I needed in life. Sorry random bystanders, you can't get married now. Oh no not the dog too! I volunteer to switch places with Mariah at any time. Aw crap, electricity. Please don't drop a goddamn truck on my husband. I can absolutely respect a woman who stops mid-fight to hit on her enemy. Alright Joseph, you gotta use your dick to save your life. Being slammed by two attractive buff dudes so hard you end up in the hospital, that's the dream right there. You guys definitely earned that breakfast. Next time, Polnareff's gonna go off alone and get attacked again.

Gundam- I'm glad the child fucker is suffering. No don't help the child fucker. Aw crap they have no spare parts. Wow what a surprise, trusting the child fucker turned out to be a really bad idea. Yesss, stab him in the back and turn him in. Goddammit why are you so noble. Ohhh it's come down to it alright, squeal on that piece of shit. Whelp, y'all are fucked somethin' fierce now. Hell no douchewad, you stay the hell out of this. Oh no, Snickers and Reeses are sad. Who needs Mika when y'all could just be lesbians? Aaaaand y'all are broke as hell. Aaaand now you're double broke. Y'all should probably take him up on that offer, or you're going to die. He's a douche but I have to agree with him. Jesus, big dude's got some issues. The grownups should take this opportunity to bang while they still can. Man, this just gets more depressing by the minute. Hi Mika whatcha up to-wait what? Well damn, Atra got her harem end afterall. Oh no, you're absolutely going to die now. Ohhhh this entire thing is a bad omen. Man, now it's gonna suck if he didn't get her pregnant and dies anyway. Good, squeal on the child fucker. Oh you dick. You're good kids but very stupid. Well this all sounds too good to be true. Ohhhh y'all are beyond fucked.

Clover- Yeah yeah we get it, power of friendship and all that garbage. Oh come on you could at least kill one of them. I'd also rather die than have to spend time with Asta. Yeah you're running around in a goddamn smog bus, that's not easy to track or anything. Meanwhile, a better fight is going on. Aim for his shitty forehead piercings. I'd feel worse about you possibly dying if you weren't such a colossal douche, glasses boy. Well at least you're gonna be klled by a really pretty giant sword. Waste that time with an unnecessary flashback, show. How much of a failure do you have to be when Asta saves your life in a fight. It's always a great idea to turn your back on an enemy. Eat a dick, glasses douche. Oh yeah, let the girl with no ability to aim protect you, that'll work out great. Oh great it's a fucking shadow clone jutsu. Is it too much to hope that they all die? His power is to fail so hard at magic that he manages to succeed. Thank you for beating him. That boy has spent hours a day jacking off to build up his arm strength. Oh great, another tragic backstory ahead. Show you are wasting your time with all these traumatic childhoods because I could not give less of a shit.

Hunter- I love Jojo Bisky. Good luck kids I believe in you. Heyyy there Knuckle you're buffer than I thought, how you doin? I don't know what that thing is but it's adorable. Aw fuck, loan interest is the most terrifying power of all. Don't worry Gon, numbers confuse me too. Oh come on, it's unfair to charge him while you're explaining things. STOP SAYING MATH YOU'RE KILLING HIM. Man don't remind me about my student loans. ORA ORA ORA ORA. I wish I could just punch away my bills. Well I hope things are going better for Killua. Kick his ass kiddo you can do it. Dude what the fuck are you arms. I love those heavy-ass yoyos. Oh what the fuck why is your creepy brother here? RIDE THE LIGHTNING, BITCH. Nevermind, lightning cancelled. Oh no he's doing the Naruto run. I'm gonna go kick the shit out of Illumi myself. Uhhh I don't think eyes are supposed to do that. KICK HIS ASS, KIDDO. Don't listen to your shit brother, fight for Gon. Can you give him the rest of his face back, it's creeping me out. Meanwhile, OH JESUS FUCK.

Naruto- Man, that was a great six months where I didn't have to care about this show. I do like that lady who doesn't wear a real shirt. To be fair, Tsunade was a really shitty hokage. Oh hey, I vaguely recall these people. Don't worry kid, there aren't that many cute girls. I do respect this boy's quest to get bitches. This white chick's got a great rack. CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER. Hi doggy. To be fair, Sasuke is fucking garbage and someone needs to punch him to death. Oh boo hoo, the murderous dickwad who abandoned the village is labled an enemy and will be delt with accordingly. Okay why is it a bad thing if Naruto's confined to the village, since he's constantly losoing control of his powers and is the one that your enemy wants to capture? Nice tongue tattoo, bro. HE TURNED HIS BACK ON SASUKE BECAUSE SASUKE IS A PIECE OF SHIT, YOU MORON. Kill them, new guys. Oh great, it's the garbage squad. Good job dimwits y'all fucked up. Hi, Flytrap Travis. Why are you idiots surprised that Sasuke is a piece of shit? Oh hell no, you sit your little ass down and let people with more than six brain cells do this.

I guess this is the week where I'll save some time, since we got the same episodes as last week for five of the nine shows, but with English audio this time. Also, I still didn't watch Scavengers.

DBS - I didn't expect what Whis postulated in the form of Zamasu wishing for a servant with the powers of Goku, but I'll agree about the invincibility wish. However, I would think Zamasu would wish for the invincibility first.

Really, Goku? You left the Senzu beans on the back of the toilet? We know that Goku isn't the brightest bulb, but this is bad even for him.

DBZK - The battle between Kid Buu and the five Kais was fleshed out compared to the manga, but it did have good action.

Vegeta's right on this one. Goku shouldn't promise sexy photos of another man's wife, and especially not while that other man is standing mere feet away. Vegeta would be within his husbandly rights to punch Goku right in the face there.

Kid Buu is an engine of wanton destruction, but even if he can kill a planet every minute or two, he could still take thousands of years to find the world of the Kais, unless he gets lucky, which he will.

Countdown - I feel like this flowed much better when told all in one go, as opposed to over several weeks. S.A.R.A. saving T.O.M. (and the organic life in the universe, I guess) from her own corrupted programming was a touching way to end the conflict. However, future!T.O.M. is still adrift in space. Granted, he won't die from exposure, but he could be out there for a long, long time.

JoJo: SC - I don't understand how Avdol and Joseph didn't get stuck to the other rail after melting themselves free from the first one.

I see three problems with Mariah stuffing her bra with fasteners. First, her bust didn't look any smaller after losing the fasteners. Second, her boobs didn't look lumpy like those angular objects would make them appear. Third, the fasteners either would've needed to spill out the top of her shirt or would've torn through it, which would've either pulled her top down somewhat, leaving her boobs exposed, or made one or more holes in the front of the shirt over each boob, which also could've easily left her exposed.

Sadly unrelated to Mariah's excellent boobs, if Avdol used Magician's Red on the projectiles in flight, then they would've still been magnetically drawn to Avdol and Joseph (albeit more weakly, due to the melted steel losing its crystalline structure configuration, and thus the alignment of the individual iron atoms, meaning that overall the polarity of the objects would be diminished), or at least still been on a flight path toward them, only now they would be globs of molten steel, which would make them even more dangerous.

MSG: IBO 2 - If the revealed relationship between Iznario and McGillis was that the latter was adopted, then I don't see how that would de-legitimize him as the head of the Fareed family, since he would've been specifically select by Iznario for that role. If it was that Iznario sexually abused a child, then I still don't see what bearing that would have on McGillis' claim to power, and it may even bolster McGillis' claim that the current heads of power were despicable and strengthen his revolutionary faction's claim of corruption in the leadership of the Seven Stars. I still choose to believe that Rustall has similar dirt on the other Stars and used that leverage to force their cooperation.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that the media bought Rustall's story completely. Now Iron Flower are considered criminals, largely due to the schemes and lies of an actual war criminal. It's frustrating to see.

If I understood what I heard, Atra and Mikazuki did get down, but they're not sure yet whether she's pregnant. While I like both the closeness between those two and Kudelia and Kudelia's honor in agreeing to help Atra raise the child should something happen to Mikazuki, it's a shame that it doesn't look like Atra is going to get her harem ending, since Rustall's attack on Iron Flower is about to commence.

Yes, it's tough for an organization to do anything with frozen assets. Thankfully, the accountant guy hid some of their assets in case of legal troubles. That was shrewd of him.

As for Orga's two conversations, I can respect him offering himself as a symbol to take the fall for his subordinates, and I can understand his willingness to let the members leave. I also admire his willingness to admit that he failed to deliver on the promises he made to them.

Pompadour guy choosing to leave was no surprise, but it looks like he's too late to get away. I will admit, though, that he had a point that the other members talking about being in it until the end sounded a little crazy-cultish. Even though things likely will not end well for Iron Flower, I do hope for two things. First, I hope that all of Atra, Kudelia, Merribit, Nadi and the accountant guy (read "all non-combatants of which I'm aware" ) survive and aren't subsequently executed following show trials. Second, I hope that Iron Flower (or McGillis. I'm not picky on this) is at least able to kill Iok and Rustall in the coming battle.

BC - The escape train was an interesting application of smoke magic.

In other words, the Diamond Kingdom is Blood Mist Village, and Mars is Zabazu with implants that make his magic even more powerful. I'm not sure how much of it was trying to save animation budget and how much was bad writing, but his diamond clones didn't seem to have the autonomy of action that Naruto's Shadow Clones have.

I liked not only that Asta's past determination inspired Yuno to keep fighting in the present, but also that the Bulls stood with their comrades-in-arms in the face of an enemy rather than going after the vault.

Yes, Klaus. Asta is an impressive physical specimen due to his intense training regimen.

HxH - It may sound harsh, but Gon is way too dumb to get all the numerical stuff about nen reserves and rates of usage, let alone the compounding interest.

I want to know whether APR and IRS can be deployed against multiple opponents simultaneously. If not, then that's a glaring weakness of Knuckle's hax. He would need to kill his opponent as soon as their nen was suppressed by IRS in order to use APR against his next opponent in that case.

Shippuden - I do enjoy Samui's epic boobs.

In a world of paper bombs, it does make sense for someone to open a Kage's mail for them while facing away from the Kage.

Tobi's intangibility power sure is convenient for him.

SD - It may not be a Tuesday in July, but I think it's funny that this is repeating on the 8th.

I don't know anyone that wants to hear their parents talk about sex stuff, even something as tame as Meow's dad confirming that he likes boobs.

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - Since my dvd viewing for last week was in English, I didn't re-watch this.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - I'll confess; I completely forgot about Zamasu raiding Zuno's homeworld. Zamasu is not pleased with your rattling off the specifics. GREEN KAI DON'T FUCK AROUND. Cockroaches can only live for one year? How fascinating... Goku's fightboner is apparently still at maximum. Calm your tits, Bulma. :D This arc has way too many lines for the racists to use out-of-context. That idea is both genius and stupid at the same time, Goku, I am impressed. "Where the hell are you gonna find that many Senzu beans?" Krillin, where else? Both times someone said they wanted to let people know something, and both times I said "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES". :D Shin, you ignorant. Zamasu isn't coming back, dude. :D The ol' switcheroo. HE'S GOT A THEORY~. That's some serious bantz you delivered there, Bulma. FLCL being promoted on the schedule one week early? Iggy talking? The Chimera Ant King's voice actor still not leaking yet? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON IN THIS SCHEDULE. For once, Goku actually has the right idea. And yet he's also the fault for everything bad that happens in this show. PEAS AND CARROTS~. You appear to be under the impression that Zamasu was that good of a guy to begin with. GOKU'S GONNA BEAT SOME ASS. Vegeta, meanwhile, is too strong for this shit. RUN FATBOY RUN. Don't be dicks, soldier bros. Show me these survivors, if they exist as you claim. WAZAAAAAAAAP. Gowasu, you fool, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Don't drink the tea, it's obviously poisoned.

DRAGONBALL Z KAI - That was a surprisingly shorter recap than normal, that means shit's 'bout to go down. THANKS FOR THE SPOILER, NARRATOR. And now for some backstory courtesy of Kibito Kai. Western Supreme Kai is pretty cute for someone who doesn't have hair covering her entire head. Is it wrong that I think Babidi is more pleasant to look at than Bibidi? I'm surprised the Kai planet has more terrain than just grassland. What a shame, the female Kai was killed first. Is that a Z Sword I see? MY ARM, MY JUTSU! One can only wonder how different things would be were the rest of those Kai still alive. SUPER SWOLE. Slicin' and dicin' lik it ain't nobody' business. And that's how we got the Buu we all know and... I wouldn't say love, but compared to the others, it might as well be. Thanks, Vegeta. Thegeta. Heeeeeee's going to destroy the planet. Do you not see that he doesn't care about that, Goku? AND THE SUPREME KAI FUCKS UP YET AGAIN. Oh well, at least Mr. Satan and Dende are still alive, and that's what really matters. Remember when Goku was smarter about certain things than Vegeta? Whoever came up with the idea for this Truth or Dare movie deserves to be taken out behind a shed and shot in the head with a pump-action rifle for thinking literally anyone would enjoy this schlock. Special effects won't get you out of this one, Mr. Satan. Though he does have a point about the Kais being too weak to handle Buu themselves. And then Mr. Satan was Akira Toriyama. :D That's our Satan. Turns out rescuing Dende was useful after all. Fuck you, Elder Kai. Does Vegeta know that Goku bribed Elder Kai with nudes of Bulma 20 episodes or so ago? Well, I guess he doesn't need to, he's pissed off enough already. "Quick bickering about your wives and get over here right now!" Doing Beerus's job for him, and with an even pettier attitude than the Destroyer God himself. Oh good, Krillin and Yamcha made it to Otherworld in one piece. Well fuck you too Buu, I can't wait for Goku to kill you dead.

I can't remember the first time I heard of FLCL, let alone my first time actually watching it, but it served as one of the biggest inspirations for that original anime idea of mine that I bothered the lot of you that were around from 2007 to 2011 to hell and back with, and that's what truly matters.

COUNTDOWN REPLAY - I still can't get over the "Kuroneko" namedrop. That corrupt file image is very nostalgic for me. You gotta love stock footage from the TCM vault. Well that escalated quickly. "I can't say what will happen, when it'll happen, and how many people will die; just know that we're in this together." Mood lighting it is not, but I wouldn't blame you for thinking that it is. JOESTAR SECRET TECHNIQUE, ACTIVATE! Time travel is confusing as fuck. My dad laughed at the "quit saying TOM and future" line. Never trust intimidating-looking nebulae. So SARA's basically become Buu, then. Every day is Saturday with you, TOM. Clydes really are pointless, aren't they. There's a reason the first TOM 5 era ones only lasted for one bumper. Time travel is still confusing as fuck. You're a robot, TOM, you don't need to write this stuff down. That's what I'd tell my younger self if he were to see me now, that I'm older and sadder. Welp, there goes Earth. GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL. It disturbs me to look at corrupted SARA more than it does any of the Intruders. That baby sand worm sure knows its way around the ship. And that's how he got all that battle damage. "I don't wanna go back to the way it was with just me. Hell, even Flash and D would be preferable to being alone." THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP PREVAILS. And then she self-destructed. At least he gets to keep both his legs. I miss their weekly banter already. :D Sucks to be Future TOM.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: STARDUST CRUSADERS - It feels so good to rewatch this in English, even if the Japanese version was just as much fun. :D I really enjoy these two's interactions. You can really feel the embarrassment in Avdol's voice. That's the power of magnetism baby. [puts on yaoi goggles] So many snot-nosed kids being exposed to homosexuality. xD Hell hath no fury like a horny grandma scorned. DO A BARREL ROLL. And a trap it was. WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE. IT'S HEEEEEEEERE! TRAIN-KUN! It's like that whole "killing five people to save one" dilemma, only ten times more exciting. Just in case you were too stupid to get the pun. "I did it! I ended part 3 early!" Everyone give Avdol a thumbs-up for his quick thinking. I love the look on Magician's Red's face. BREAST INFLATION NO JUTSU. Oh boo, it's just nuts and bolts. Only a coward would use the Joestar Secret Technique without having another strategy to pull out right after. What I'd give to have that mapmaking ability. Meanwhile, Jotaro and Polnareff are still completely unaware. Major Douche Canoe. [salutes] Noooo not the diamond ring. Come to think of it, this music sounds awfully hardcore rock for JoJo. MY BIIIIIIIKE. Look out! Still not how you pronounce Bastet, dub. TRUCK-SAAAAAAN. Watch out for the copper wire, Joseph. QUOTE FROM MY DAD: "Yowza!" Angel's exact thoughts on Joseph right here. Though I can't blame her, Dio Brando is a sexy man, no homo. Out-strategizing the strategizer, I like it. Free at last, free at last. :D He's taking full advantage of that mirror. All in all, it was one eventful early morning. SHIT COUNT: 5. Yesssss perfect. Jotaro has the right idea, you should take tips from him, Pol. This guy doesn't need to be an enemy STAND user to be instantly untrustworthy.

Could this new Avengers movie be the reason why the second Guardians of the Galaxy is apparently more terrifying than the first?

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS - If they don't arrest McGillis's "dad" for having a rotating harem of boy-whores, I'mma be legit annoyed. At least this guy isn't being 100% assholish. I still can't get over all the graffiti in the Isaribi's main bridge. Very Toonami of it. Even Tekkadan is starting to lose faith in McGillis. That idea sounds crazy enough... to get us all killed! Yeah. "Questioning". Don't be an idiot, Dante. But are you the criminal kings of Mars? That's what I wanna know. :D Iok sucks so hard, even Rustal doesn't trust him with everything. And so the plot to get back at Tekkadan for jewing the show out of a Japanese-language broadcast on American TV enters the beginning stages. DO NOT BULLI. At least Atra and Kudelia are doing just fine. Hush has finally accepted his fate as the world's most awkward third wheel. Mika wants some of those flowers for himself. Financial troubles are bound to be the true ruin of this organization. Good, Nobliss Gordon sucks! The dude tried to kill you several times, there's no reason for you to keep trusting that fat bastard with the welfare of your assets. I'd have assumed he thought she'd cut all ties before the nastiness went down. TIME FOR AN EMERGENCY MEETING. I was gonna make a joke about the severance packages being named after Takaki, but seeing how there isn't much money to put into those packages, forget that I ever planned on joking about that. I don't know if this was the series' first S-bomb or not, but good on Gay Dandy Jr. for being the one to deliver it. B| And then he bought a sentient vacuum cleaner and left to explore the vast reaches of space. Hmm, didn't expect the big guy to have that much baggage. We call that feeling "sadness". You know what they say, once you go black, you don't go back. Speaking of sex, you heard that right, Mikazuki and Atra did the nasty and they're gonna have a child. Hugging girls is the best feeling, no creepo. Atra wants in on summa dat hugging action. Damn straight Kudelia wants Mika's babies, those big-ass hips are just asking for it. xD Truly the greatest Gundam OT3. Barbatos likes to watch. You drive an extremely hard bargain, Rustal. It's amazing all this is just because you missed a week you weren't supposed to take off. And now for the twist of the knife. SHIT COUNT: 2. :S Color me surprised if they actually pull out an F-bomb for the final episode. TEKKADAN WON'T EVER BE CANCELED, TEKKADAN WON'T BE DISMANTLED, TEKKADAN GONNA BE TOGETHER, TEKKADAN GONNA BE FOREVER. Smart idea you've got there, Kudelia. As to be expected from the master accountant. It feels weird, hearing them call her "Miss" Atra. Those damned Gjallarhorn rats severed their phone cables! And also whatever they're doing on the outskirts of Tekkadan's property lines. REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "Ohhhh y'all are beyond fucked." You sure are saying "y'all" a lot today.

BLACK CLOVER - Damn Yuno, your ears look huge in that shot. Oh hey, she actually hit where she was aiming that time. The good thing about this One Piece-length previous episode recap is that I get to comment on all the stuff I failed to last week. :D That impact still gets me. You know you're dealing with a sakuga episode when the smoke effects are more fluid than usual. "And my organs..." JOESTAR SECRET TECHNIQUE, BUT WITH A TRAIN! I'm not surprised Noelle's tired after running for so far, she is royalty, after all. Something tells me Luck's gonna go and find himself another fight. That's fucked up, Diamond Kingdom, and yet it's even more proof that this show's just ripping off Naruto whenever they're too lazy to rip off literally anything else. ;) KILLER TIEBACK NO JUTSU. Too bad for him, his opponent knows the Conspicuous CGI Clone Jutsu. Meanwhile, Yuno's having the fear of someone stronger drilled into him. Apparently all it takes is a memory of kicking Asta's ass to get you back in the game. AND THINK OF THE DEVIL, THERE HE IS. Which do you prefer: padding through filler, or padding through recap? I honestly can't tell if Yuno's lying through his teeth or telling the truth. "You may go now." Sure does suck to be Klaus right about now. I'll be seeing that mineral clone in my nightmares, thank you very much. CHERRYBOY BERSERKER. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "Oh yeah, let the girl with no ability to aim protect you, that'll work out great." I dunno, her aim's actually been getting better lately, if only because of a lucky charm she bought in the black market. Put your ankles in it, Asta! And swing that bat while you're at it too! Oh boy am I a sucker for sakuga or WHAT. Clearly he was endowed by the good kind of bad luck; the kind that's bad for others and not so much yourself. That is one ridiculously designed suit of diamond armor, I'm sorry. Friendly reminder that Asta is FUCKING JACKED. A pebble can cause some major damage if thrown hard enough and with the right amount of accuracy. That boy's willpower defies all reason. VICTORY SCREECH!

Look, I appreciate watching cookies bake in speed motion as much as the next guy, but the fart noises are a little much.

HUNTER x HUNTER - "I can't compete, not with those muscles!" Okay, this got a little gayer than I was expecting, this dub really does know what it's doing. JIKAN DESU. I declare bankruptcy! Harmless and indestructible: the deadliest of combinations. Oh boy, it's exposition time! Potential Aura Output Potential... sounds redundant. SO MANY NUMBERS. Welp, Gon's dead. Is that the Rocket Mortgage Rocket? I understand that math! BEWARE THE IRS. GET YOUR TAXES PAID TODAY! He sure loves calling him "fool". DORA ORA ORA ORA. Huh, surprise music video with closed captions. That's... a thing. "What the hell is that?" Green aura, duh. One floating hand, I can buy, but three? That's just too much. Ironically, that cage is going to be his most important weapon. H-HAYAI! Fuck you, Illumi. Oh no, his face is all staticky now. Screw the yo-yos, I'm going in dry! FUCK YOU ILLUMI. We about to meet the king soon?

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - It's probably just that both shows share a character designer, but Sai's face is making me think he wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Ghost in the Shell. Loyalty has never sounded so creepy before. I already miss the OP. This black kid is soooooo Jaden Smith. Don't worry, that rock wasn't what caused that giant crater. Sweet Ninja Jesus, how many Hyugas are there even? "Here's your rock that destroyed the village." :D You say that like your takeover is a permanent one. Clearly Danzo is a name you want to satay very far away from. I wouldn't touch the King's buns, even if you paid me. Wendy's, on the other hand... I'd listen to Kakashi if I were you two. Danzo's clearly sour about Naruto's sudden popularity. That curse mark looks like a tire tread. "I can tell you the stuff about him that isn't classified, though." SUDDENLY CLOUD NINJA. Whoa, sudden overreaction! He did that because the truth about his brother fucked him up something fierce. "Hey hey hey." :D I love the way he said he has powers beyond comprehension. BLUNDER OF THE YEAR. "Relax, it's only Zetsu." So that's what they meant by "everything he knows about Danzo", even though they're referring to Sasuke here. Sakura, you're such a crybaby. I'm not gonna complain about Naruto running off with them, especially considering Angel's doing the complaining for all of us right now.

Fuck yeah, a Mind Game advert. I'm so adding that to my Amazon Wish List.

SPACE DANDY - Four years later and this episode is still my all-time favorite, in both Japanese and English.

GITS:SAC 2ND GIG - I watched the Japanese version along with everything else last week, and I could hardly tell who was saying what in the opening moments. So it feels good to have the dub back. Quick question: have we ever actually seen the Major eat anything before this episode? Because I don't think we have. What does Muhammad Ali have to do with world power? Unless she's talking about the other Cassius Clay... The whole multi-story underground base idea is one that heavily appeals to me. Sideburns dude has surprisingly comical facial reactions for a show as unexaggerated as GITS. I could've sworn those two sex robots were naked the first time I saw them. I can't even imagine what the deal with that guy in Goda's office is. SUBTITLES PLS. So what was the fabricate fog in the episode title referring to again?

On 4/8/2018 at 5:01 AM, FoleyisGood149 said:

JoJo: SC - I don't understand how Avdol and Joseph didn't get stuck to the other rail after melting themselves free from the first one.

I see three problems with Mariah stuffing her bra with fasteners. First, her bust didn't look any smaller after losing the fasteners. Second, her boobs didn't look lumpy like those angular objects would make them appear. Third, the fasteners either would've needed to spill out the top of her shirt or would've torn through it, which would've either pulled her top down somewhat, leaving her boobs exposed, or made one or more holes in the front of the shirt over each boob, which also could've easily left her exposed.

Sadly unrelated to Mariah's excellent boobs, if Avdol used Magician's Red on the projectiles in flight, then they would've still been magnetically drawn to Avdol and Joseph (albeit more weakly, due to the melted steel losing its crystalline structure configuration, and thus the alignment of the individual iron atoms, meaning that overall the polarity of the objects would be diminished), or at least still been on a flight path toward them, only now they would be globs of molten steel, which would make them even more dangerous.

Foley, my friend, this is one of those situations where you turn off your brain and just enjoy the comedy and fanservice.

Foley likes to over-complicate these sorts of things. Case in point: Brotherhood.

Tonight on Toonami, Beerus faces a major dilemma in whether or not to stop Zamasu from fully going down the path of evil, Kid Buu crashes a friendly afterlife sparring match between Krillin and Yamcha, LUUUUNCH TIIIIIIME~!, the age regression lovers are gonna get a kick out of what happens to Polnareff this episode, Tekkadan hatches a plan to escape the Gjallarhorn forces closing in on their headquarters, with the enemy mages defeated it's time for our protags to reap their reward from the dungeon's treasure vault, HAIL TO THE KING BABY, Naruto gets the shit beaten out of him by an angry black woman, does anyone remember what this episode is about because I don't :P, after the intense opener last week Spike and Jet opt to go after a simple serial pet thief instead, and Batou and Kuze duke it out in the lowest levels of the Etorufu geofront.

10:30 - Dragonball Super #59 - Protect the Supreme Kai Gowasu: Destroy Zamasu! - TV-14V

11:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #158 - A Final Showdown at the Summit! Face-off in the World of the Kais! - TV-14LV

11:30 - FLCL #1 - Fooly Cooly - TV-14D

12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders #32 - Set's Alessi, Part 1 - TV-MAV

12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans #48 - Promise - TV-14V

1:00 - Black Clover #18 - Memories of You - TV-14V

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #91 - The Strong and the Weak - TV-14V

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #198 - The Eve of the Five Kage Summit - TV-PGV

2:30 - Space Dandy #11 - I'm Never Remembering You, Baby - TV-14DLSV

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #2 - Stray Dog Strut - TV-14LV

3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig #21 - EMBARRASSMENT - TV-MA

Also, I'm staying up to watch the whole block tonight, so if you're looking for someone to blame on Tuesday when ratings hit record lows, blame me. My icon's practically begging for it~.

Edited by PokeNirvash

17 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Naruto gets the shit beaten out of him by an angry black woman

I like her she understands my rage.

Jojo- Show me Joseph and Avdol again. These kids are cute. This guy automatically makes me uncomfortable. Wow, what an asshole. No he hasn't forgotten who he's talking to, he just knows you're an idiot. I love this dog. HI JOSEPH AND AVDOL AND MARIAH. Meanwhile, Iggy could not give less of a fuck about any of them. Alright Polnareff, stab him in the face immediately just to be safe. Polnareff you stupid fuck. Oh no what now. Aw fuck he's a toddler now. Aww he's actually adorable. That shirt just looks ridiculous without his giant tits to hold it up. Oh crap he doesn't remember him. Jotaro come on put the clues together no one else would have that hair. STEP AWAY FROM THE SMALL CHILD, CREEPY MAN. Ohh that's gotta hurt. TINY CHARIOT IS SO CUTE OH MY GOD. Stay away from that shadow. Thank you, convenient sword projectile. Oh hey she's hot. Aww she's so nice. You get the fuck out of here, creep. Uhhh lady he can bathe on his own. GOOD LORD. Regular Polnareff would kill for this. :D He's sad about his tiny baby dick. I'd be lying if I said that wouldn't be my reaction to those boobs too. This is awkward. Ohhhh fuck. I AM REAL UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS. Wait where's the hot lady? I bet whoever had to censor this episode had a bad day.

Gundam- Yeah sure y'all got plenty of righteousness to show off here. Mika does not give a fraction of a shit here, child fucker. Oh sure this plan to fake your deaths will definitely work. At least you all still have faith here because I absolutely don't. Shut up child fucker, nobody likes you. Don't talk about your plan in front of him he's going to sell you out for a can of Mountain Dew. Don't trust him he will absolutely fuck you over. Shes like four feet tall just throw her over your shoulder like a sack of flour and go. Boy are you guys out of the loop. I really hope she gets her harem ending she's earned it at this point. No, you fuck the hell off and leave him alone. "Hey remember when you almost shot me? Good times, huh?" Oh no he definitely has to worry because you are probably gonna die. :D Okay the bit with the girls was cute. Aw fuck it's that douche again. God I hope he dies first. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll kill each other. I know we're not supposed to like that one guy but he's right about everything. Whelp y'all are fucked, ya better dig that tunnel faster. Oh hey it's that kid. Oh hey it's the wives! She looks good in that suit. This is going suspiciously well, something is about to go horribly wrong. Wow, the shit sure hit the fan quicker than I expected. That looks like a whole lot of blood. Why do the cute ones always die on me.

Clover- Please kill him, ice golum. No, actually the Wizard King lives to watch his employees nearly die on missions while never lifting a finger to help. Someone please just hit him in the throat as hard as you can. What the fuck are you eating? Way to be an unlikable bitch, girl. Dude she conjured that robe out of thin air she can fix that in 20 seconds. STOP SCREAMING YOU DIPSHIT. I hate this show so, so much. I hope there's a very angry dragon in there that's about to set him on fire. Yeah that's a great idea just jab at the mysterious magic bubble with your damn bare hand like a dumbass. I don't think the disco scroll was supposed to happen. That bird continues to be the best character. Gee maybe you goddamn idiots should have had someone guarding him instead of rushing off and forgetting all about him. Alright that's one terrible character out, now aim for the screaming moron. I like seeing Asta get hurt. I hesitate to say I like anyone in this show but plant girl is definitely one of the most tolerable. So basically this flashback is telling me that Noel was always an unlikable bitch. Good job you can't do anything here. Quick, use your terrible cousin as a shield! Y'know what, just let her die. Of course the sword is fueled by the power of friendship now. I am happy with this plot development.

Hunter- Loans continue to be the most soul-crushing battle of all. Childbirth is a horrifying and terrible miracle of life. My uterus is cramping out of sheer terror. It looks like Mewtwo fucked a Ninja Turtle. PENGUIN NOOOOOOOOO. Dude stop killing all your servants that's just bad business. Oh right, these jerks are here. Buddy she just had a full-sized adult explode out of her she's not doing so well. Wow what a shock they're just gonna leave her to die. Uhh are you gonna ask the humans for help because they're not gonna help you. This douche has some beautiful wings. This one does not. You ungrateful bastard. Y'see the problem with rares is that they're pretty uncommon. DUN DUN DUN. What did you expect he was gonna be like? Okay really, how is there anyone left in this country to eat. RIP small child. Now that's a bitch slap. "Your face can take a real beating, I respect that." Oh hey titscorpion. Sounds like it's time for a mutiny. I do not want any seed being spread here. Okay so they can also turn into psychotic rape monsters, that's terrifying to know. I like Gon's new cat buddy. Uhhhhh yeah Gon, we got some bad news about Kite. Don't worry student loans make me cry too, kiddo. Please hug Gon. I love my adorable kids please don't separate them.

Naruto- Fuck off, Sasuke. When does buff Travis turn back into an adult so I have something to look at? Well that's creepy. Are you wanting to test out how many dicks you can fit in your mouth because I think you're close to breaking the record on that. Naruto ruins everyone's day. Beat him up, new girl. No, he betrayed you all and is actively working against all of you and does not deserve your forgiveness. I mean, didn't Orochimaru used to be one of you too until he turned into a massive dick? Naruto is the fucking worst, please kick his ass. Oh I like her she feels my rage. And then I get distracted by the jiggle. I don't care how strong he gets, the kid with the godddamn ninja flash cards will never seem like a threat to me. Don't be a buzzkill Sai, I have a lot of rage to vicariously work out. Did Sasuke's personality do a complete 180 for awhile in the first series that made him a fairly likable person or something? I'm still not satisfied with this beatdown. Hi boobs! Hit him again for his insolence. I have not heard a word this lady's said I keep getting distracted. They keep trying to save Sasuke because they're both desperate for his dick for some god-awful reason. Boy you just sit the fuck down and stay out of the way right now. For a clan that's almost extinct I sure can't keep track of all these Uchihas. This is a stupid as fuck idea.

It's always the nights where I stay up the longest that are the most memorable.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - I was prepared for Gowasu's death, but not how fast it was reversed. It was weeeeeird

DRAGONBALL Z KAI - Mr. Satan's gonna need a lot of therapy after this one. And goddammit Goku and Vegeta, don't destroy the Potaras if you aren't planning on using them.

FLCL - As one of NIBAI MUGENDAI's biggest influences, rewatching this first episode is making me wanna go back to writing it, in spite of my writing priorities lying elsewhere. Even at age 23, I can't wrap my head around several of the context-less dialogue pieces. Also, the manga scene is perfection.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE - Puberty was very kind to Polnareff, if his child form says anything. And holy shit Alessi makes me even more uncomfortable than McGillis at his pedo-est.

GUNDAM IBO - Pop Team Epic ruined Orga's death for me.

BLACK CLOVER - I still can't believe I'm enjoying this show as much as I am. Clearly it's because of the little things, like Asta asking Noelle why she's blushing when he's the half-naked one. :D

HUNTER x HUNTER - The King has arrived, he's quite possibly the biggest dick of all the ants, and Gon and Killua are depressed now. I think this was the moment HxH quit being a kids' show, if you choose to ignore the fact that Hisoka is a character. (Kinda wish we got to see how Gon and Killua lost in detail, though.)

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - REPLY TO ANGEL: "Did Sasuke's personality do a complete 180 for awhile in the first series that made him a fairly likable person or something?" I don't really remember if it did or not, so for now, I'm gonna guess Naruto claiming he's his best friend is a case of "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" only extra gay.

SPACE DANDY - How many of you legit forgot this episode like the other characters? I can't say that I did, but I do remember forgetting some parts after watching it for the first time in forever.

COWBOY BEBOP - If I was Ben, I'd be able to recite this episode from memory, only not because he's full of shit.

GITS 2ND GIG - I can't help but be a little disappointed that they hyped up the guys behind the plutonium deal only to kill them off so unceremoniously. I blame Goda for this.

COMMERCIALS - I shake my head at the return of the "Smh." commercial. Holy shit, the "Isle of Dogs" pun really is that annoying when you keep seeing ads for it. I'm actually thinking about watching Ballmastrz, I've heard plenty of good things about it. As for Toonami stuff, I don't know what's worse: Demarco's music video pick of the week, or SARA not knowing how to properly pronounce FLCL. Though I'll confess, I used to spell it out too before knowing any better.

[kuri kuri kuri]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Possibly the funniest thing about the JoJo bath scene was that Carrie Keranen was voicing the woman who was bathing lil' Polnareff, who was voiced by Erica Mendez, who most of us recognize as Gon, got her start on Toonami as Ryuko on KILL la KILL! Of course, Carrie voiced Satsuki, so it was like a KILL la KILL leads reunion out of nowhere!

And over on Hunter x Hunter, I should have known having Zach Aguilar (Genos from One-Punch Man) voice Colt was telegraphing something, since he seems to be leading the rebellion against the newly born king, who is voiced by none other than Max Mittelman, Saitama from One-Punch Man! This of course makes perfect sense, since the king can knock almost anyone out with ONE PUUUUUUUUUNCH--or should I say "SLAAAAAAP" of his mighty tail!

And maybe THIS is why Pop Team Epic couldn't air on Toonami yet, because it would have spoiled Orga's death? But I REALLY don't want PTE replacing IBO.

Edited by OwlChemist81

The King punched through that wall, so I'd say he's capable of doing the Saitama Punch just as well. But yes, fun voice actor associations are indeed fun.

When I said PTE "ruined" Orga's death, I didn't mean that it spoiled it, just that the meme videos like the one posted above made me find it more hilarious than sad. (Though the show's soap-opera delivery of his final moments was humorous enough in its own right.) The show actually does reference his death pose, but it's in the last episode and hidden in the background.

• Like 1

They showed mind games!? Oh wow nvr woulda thought theyd show an anime like that. Tho the tripiness suited [as] idk if itd suit toonami bc theyre usually more shounen. 

Was it bc of flcl? I havent seen the new one but i heard its good. I havent had cable in yrs. So i usually watch anime thru my ps4 on hulu, netflix, etc...

It be cool if toonami was willing to show more "wierd" animes like kaiba or dont think they can show devilman crybaby its netflix plus waaaaay not tv appropriate. 

Actually, they showed Mind Game (no plural) because it was part of their subbed anime April Fools stunt, also the guys who run Toonami like it. FLCL Alternative's first episode may have stealth premiered before it, but it had nothing to do with Mind Game airing also.

Tonight on Toonami, Bulma convinces Trunks to come along with him on his next return trip to the future, Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 as his fight with Buu continues, I saw God the other day by the river on a rainy afternoon, Alessi's attempts to kill a young Polnareff give "Stranger Danger" a whole new meaning, Tekkadan rushes into the true final battle with Gjallarhorn head-first in IBO's penultimate episode, I CAN'T BELIEVE ASTA IS FUCKING DEAD, Colt attempts to broker peace with Netero while his remaining allies try to save the Queen, the Five Kages set out on their trip to the summit location in the Land of Iron, Dandy's attempts to catch a shapeshifting alien drive Scarlet further up the wall than she's ever been driven by him before, Faye's most recent attempt at paying off her staggering debt leads to her first encounter with Spike and Jet, and a cleverly hidden tactical nuke sends F City, F Prefecture into greater chaos than ACROSS could ever hope to accomplish.

10:30 - Dragonball Super #60 - Into the Future Again: Goku Black's True Identity Revealed! - TV-14

11:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #159 - Hang in There, Kakarot! You Are No. 1! - TV-14LV

11:30 - FLCL #2 - Fire Starter - TV-14D

12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders #33 - Set's Alessi, Part 2 - TV-MAV

12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans #49 - McGillis Fareed - TV-14LV

1:00 - Black Clover #19 - Destruction and Salvation - TV-14V

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #92 - One Wish and Two Promises - TV-14

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #199 - Enter the Five Kage! - TV-PG

2:30 - Space Dandy #12 - Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby - TV-14DL

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #3 - Honky Tonk Women - TV-14LV

3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig #22 - REVERSAL PROCESS - TV-14L

Also, this.

30742845_1896709687286536_25860340956455

13 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

30742845_1896709687286536_25860340956455

All I know about this show is that the big guy is gonna be my boyfriend, and thus I fear for his life.

Jojo- I AM SO UNCOMFORTABLE. This is where the others burst in and beat his ass to death, right? Whelp now you're going to die because your hair is stupid. Ewwww. Where's the lady? OH THAT IS FUCKED UP. Okay so definitely avoid that shadow. I hope Joseph comes in and gets turned back into Youngseph. Wrap this up quick because that fetus is freaking me out. It's kinda pathetic that a toddler is giving this dude so much trouble. Tiny Chariot is adorable. Now would be a great time for Iggy to pop in and save the day. HERE'S JOHNNY. Aw crap he's in the bear isn't he. THAT WAS A NICE CLOCK YOU ASSHOLE. Okay where the hell is this kid? Smolnareff wherever you are just stay there until he leaves. Oh damn that's brilliant. Now stab him in the dick and run! I'm kind of ashamed of Dio for hiring a dude whose specialty is fighting kindergartners and is still losing. How is that lady still alive? Oh hey Jotaro. Please punch him to death. Yeah this is believable. Just tell him your name he'll figure it out. Oh hell not again. Awww tiny Jotaro is so cute. Heeeeee he does the ORAs himself. I like that Holly has all these memories of Jotaro being a sweet kid and yet at seven he was able to beat up a full grown dude. Polnareff got dressed super fast. Looks like Alessi's blasting off agaaaaain. :D Thank you narrator. Oh good the hot lady's okay. Sorry your house is wrecked. If Polnareff ain't gonna hit that I volunteer. Oh hey Joseph and my husband. Iggy could not give less of a shit. Now please get some breakfast. I like how Avdol just keeps cameras in his sleeves for Joseph to smash. I am slightly disappointed it's not another sexy picture of Dio.

Gundam- Whelp this is gonna be depressing. Somebody go hug Mika. Y'all better dig that tunnel faster. Oh you stupid idiot kids. Fuck that shit, get in the tunnel. Do not challenge Mika he'll just fucking kill you. Meanwhile, dickwads. And sometimes adults are child rapists and deserve to die. Get out of here with your missing arm. Awww, I hope the only two good adults in this show get out of here alive. So all these kids in the robots are going to die. Yeah, crazy how the child soldiers who were trained to fight to the death are gonna fight to the death. That's surprisingly decent of you, child fucker. Aw fuck why is Hitler still in this show? I hope you manage to kill some of these assholes. Oh hey it's the little girl. No, he's a grown-ass man who is responsible for his own problems and you're a goddamn child who has nothing to do with this shit and needs to run far away. Whelp so much for Mika's fanboy. Oh no it's over for you, there's more blood outside of you than inside. Maybe these two can just kill each other. And then everything blew up. That looks painful and I'm glad. Y'know I'd probably feel any kind of emotion here if he wasn't trying to bang a kid that still has to hold hands when crossing the street. Enough talking, let him die now. And nothing of value was lost here. This will not end well.

Clover- Can the power of friendship pull a goddamn spike out of your intestines? CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEEAL. Blah blah tragic backstory I don't care, show. And that's how he got his Frankenstein book. Yeah Asta sucks and is terrible but you are rapidly wearing out your welcome here, buddy. No, you can and should let him die like this. And now he can freeze time I guess. Oh what the shit is this? Thanks, naked fairy child thing, I guess? You idiots should probably behead him or something to make sure he's not coming back. Forget the injured dipshit, save that treasure at all costs. I'm with glasses douche, leave the guy who's been trying to murder you for three episodes. Wait where's the bird YOU GOTTA GO BACK FOR THE BIRD. Oh hey, she actually hit a target. Now if you can just find a magic trinket to fix her garbage personality. Oh goddammit none of these assholes died. Well you survived but I'd call that mission a solid failure since you lost all the treasure and didn't kill a single douchebag. I like her flower wings they're pretty. THANK GOD THE BIRD'S FINE. Stop with the awkward hugging. This is painful to watch.

Hunter- Just let my kids be happy, show. So uh did that freaky lady kill Bisky since they lost? Instead of that, maybe just call in a nuke and end this show now. Why is grandpa wearing an old gym uniform? Wow, don't fuck with grandpa. Ohhhh that is not a good observation. Gonna suggest again that you call in Killua's sexy dad and pay him a ridiculous amount of money to kill things. Oh hey, Gangster Koala's here. Beard Cthulhu is the closest thing to a doctor they have. You're a good dude...turtle...thing, Buzzkill. Oh hey she's not dead yet. Your son's a dick, lady. I did not expect to feel sympathy for a terrifying murder bug but yet here we are. Wow that is a terrible name. Why are you crying you baby you don't even know that thing. Oh what the fuck is that my first instinct is to kill it. What is with all the fetuses tonight. This is weird I wanna get off this ride now. Man, it is gonna be heartbreaking when Gon realizes that Kite's not coming back. Student loans are the bane of all our existence. Kite was a great guy I'm sorry he died. Yeah just keep rubbing salt in that wound, show. I got a real bad feeling about this creepy monster cave, you guys. Ohhhhh this is not gonna be good. THAT IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Naruto- Oh hey it's the better version of Naruto. That old man seems as salty as I feel every time I watch this show. Is Gaara the only one here who's not older than dirt? OH DAMN HI HOT LADY. I like her but I am already sick of this boy's shit. There was a door, dude. Is there anybody in this show that doesn't have a goddamn sharingan? Oh great, that bratty kid is here too. Kid the trick here is to make the tits as big as possible. I enjoy this girl and her hatred of everything. Oh no, very tiny seeds. Yeah nothing will endear you to them like stalking them to their hidden location. HIII HOT LADY. I also have a fever, please nurse me back to health. I'm gonna throw this kid out a window. Shit I'll marry you instead. Meanwhile, not even Travis can make me care about Sasuke's team. Man, this weather must suck for all the women in their fishnet clothes. CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKERS. I'd tell them to use the girl as a shield but I want most of them to die. Nope no talking just beat his ass.

18 hours ago, Blatch said:

But on the plus side, at least there's isn't a janky "top ten" feature that often has whatever Toonami announcement just happened at #1.

You dissing my boy Foley's top 10 lists, m8?

DB SUPER - Into the future again!? :D Oh Beerus, you and your ego. Beerus takes offense to Trunks' lacking hunger. What kind of soup is that, anyways? Oh yeah, there's two Trunks now. Motion sickness won't slow Goku down! Twenty bucks says Japanese Goku actually was rooting for Beerus to be wrong. And then the regular fork became a baby fork. Dayum, Kid Trunks. Time travel is confusing, y'all. How can you be biologically the same if your hair colors are different? Okay, I'm honestly really liking this whole moment between Future Trunks and Kid Trunks. Too much bacon, they said. I believe it's time Kid Trunks learned a thing or two about multiverse theory. This is too deep for the Pilaf Gang. Well, at least Beerus finally calmed down. TOY SHIPPING. Goku and Vegeta are the best couple. DO YOU!? Something tells me Whis is starting to lighten up on all this time travel nonsense, at least the one that's already going on. They say the new Deadpool has not yet rated, but you know it's gonna be a hard R. [cue Doctor Who theme music] Why am I not surprised by this turn of events that wasn't? Say what you will about Black and Zamasu, but I like their love shack. Oh no, she's been offscreened! I agree with Vegeta, what the hell is wrong with you Goku. Yajirobe likes to watch. "You know me, I've always been a hero." Well you did cut off Vegeta's tail that one time. Four senzus are more than enough. I'm just gonna assume this means she's meeting this Mai for the first time, as opposed to her just forgetting the events of OG Dragonball. Trunks has got this. Dammit Vegeta, control your fightboner. Hopefully those buildings were abandoned. As far as Vegeta's concerned, fighting a lookalike of Goku is just a bonus. And now we get our identity reveal and it's... I'd say pretty clever, but I'm sure five or six of you are gonna disagree and disagree hard. And that's how Zamasu accomplished what Ginyu failed at. FUCK YEAH CHAOHAN MUSIC, but BOO SHORT ENGLISH VERSION.

Little Imperial Arms Users in a Great Big World~.

DBZ KAI - Is the world really empty if Mr. Satan's still skulking about in all the best hiding places still intact? Thank you for staying positive through all this, Elder Kai. I recognize that scowl! Yeah, extra blonde is a good way of putting that power-up into words. :D His outfit's all messed up. Wait, when did Dende turn back into Little Green? Clearly this is the fight everyone in the afterlife is talking about. Considering his absence from the franchise post-GT, I'm surprised Cell's down there with all the other villains. Meanwhile, let's just ignore the fact that Ginyu's there and that Kai skipped Goku falling off Snake Way. Never would've taken Babidi for a Goku fan. VOLLEYBALL MANEUVER. It shows how resilient Mr. Satan his that he can survive all these normally fatal instances. HA HA! He sounds more like a monkey by the minute. When all else fails, use the Kamehame-ha. 100 Buus is 101 too many. Goku got beat so bad he's having trouble speaking words. Oh good, they're back to doing weekly topicals. At least Buu had enough sense to reform into one being after that. AY AY AY~! Blasting Buu in his dick, interesting maneuver but I doubt it's gonna work on a bubblegum man. GOKU HEADBUTT. I never realize how much I missed Scouter Vegeta. Sweet, a series recap from Vegeta's perspective, complete with him defeating the Korean menace. :D Yes, let's all remember that time he slaughtered an entire Namekian village just for their ball. You can't have a big boss battle without Goku biting the enemy in some capacity. And that's how surpassing Goku became secondary for Vegeta. PEACE!! PEACE!! :D Poor Mr. Satan. Let's try this again...

FLCL - :o Okay I was not expecting that extra subrating. The lack of brain on that X-ray is funny because X-rays aren't supposed to pick up the presence of that sort of thing. Aww man, the HD version cut out the random strobing. So no matter how badass these Medical Mechanica robots are, they serve some type of medical purpose? That explains the name, for sure. I always thought the passersby popping out of existence while Kamon was doing his monologue seemed awfully weird, even for FLCL. Then again, that might just be one of the deep mysteries of EVA. Takkun is a very popular name around these parts, I hear. MEDICAL MECCANICA. She's responsible for at least one of those other crimes. "I'm from planet Earth." And he isn't even being the slightest bit sarcastic there. :D So the lobby of the place is the only part that's even accessible from the outside. Cute smile. This was the moment you were sold on FLCL, admit it. Seriously, SARA sucks at that specific pronunciation. SHINYA OHIRA SAKUGA SPOTTED. Oh hey, that one picture in the corner looks a little like TOM. Funny how Naota and Haruko are talking about Canti while Mamimi's just focused on her new cat. Way too bright. And that's when Haruko realized that Naota may have had a point there. Let the conspiracy theories begin! I always liked that name, Shinden High School. I've recently taken to watching the whole Firestarter monologue twice: first for Naota's monologue, and again for the background pieces of dialogue. Don't mess with Naota's cat, apparently. Huh, I never even noticed that the circle Mamimi was sitting in was drawn in a peace sign. Most subtle arsonist reveal ever. But what hurt Naota more; the robot that came from his head, or the Vespa that ran him over? TETSUYA NISHIO SAKUGA SPOTTED. God I love Advice's instrumental. Then, vertigo sets in. I also never noticed how the kitten's emotions parallel Mamimi's. HIDEAKI ANNO SAKUGA SPOTTED. Because you can't have a good coming of age story without at least one poop joke. Something smells, better put a lid on it. SHIT COUNT: 1. More in things I never noticed: it raining at the end. Never skip Ride on Shooting Star.

JOJO'S SC - If Polnareff jumped before Set reached him, then why's he so little now? STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER. I love Chibi Chariot's reaction faces. There are things much scarier than the 0% possibility of being pulled down the bathtub drain. xD Polnareff that's disgusting, but I applaud your gall. Dear god, she's a fetus. Is that what they really look like inside the womb. Alessi: worse than DIO and Kars combined. All he needs to do is kill a dog and he'll be set for life. The only solution now is to find Jotaro and hope for the best. "Crap, how do I use a key again!?" HEEEEEERE'S ALESSI! SHIT COUNT: 2. I was thinking he'd be in the bear. :D The ax says "AX". No one ever expects the fishtank. CUSTOM NOSE PIERCING. LEEEEEEEEEEON. With special illustrations by Boingo. SUCK IT ALESSI. Nice of you to join us, Jotaro. Unluckily for you, Jotaro is nothing but calm. Ohh, so it's touching his shadow that does it. You gotta love kickass lil' Jotaro. xD The absolute most satisfying beatdown, outside of Steely Dan. TEAM ALESSI'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAIN~. I had a feeling his lost earring would be important. Malena, I... Looks like you're gonna need a new left earring, Polnareff, otherwise people are gonna think you're gay. All in all, it was a crazy five weeks in Luxor. :D Joseph just can't resist breaking those cameras, can't he. Fancy pad he's got. "Bark Ma Kang" ain't no Korean name I've ever heard of.

GUNDAM IBO - Orga is dead, and he never even got to bang anybody, which is the only greater tragedy than Chad's shoulder wound. Mikazuki's the boss now, if you don't like it then learn to deal. Mika opening his eyes was a surprisingly fluid bit of animation. FUCK YOU NOBLISS. Julietta's beginning to look more and more like Mari Okada's author avatar every time she speaks. It's easy to forget that Orga also had his own mobile suit. I guess the old adage is true: once you go black, you don't go back. And w begin with the clasic Macross Missile Massacre, but without the Itano Circus animation that makes that sort of thing exciting. Wouldn't being ground to bits as slow as possible kind of hurt? These soldiers are the only friends McGillis have left, hence why he's sparing them all. It's almost criminal that Brooklyn Hitler has outlived Orga. VIVA SKID ROW MOTHERFUCKERS. The last human survivor of what, exactly? Wow, didn't think they'd go back there, of all places. This girl has it bad, that's what happens when you're in love with a pedo. Though I am impressed that she's actually calling him by his full first name. Girl, you just doomed him by saying that. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. You done fucked up now, Hush. He died as he lived: as Mikazuki's eternal third wheel. So apparently Rustal prefers playing the spectator. Why is the mecha action in this show so hard to comment on? I fucking love dramatic elevator scenes. Makes me wonder why I haven't watched Gungrave yet. The one with the most concealing helmet wins; that's what Masking Bites is. Okay, I remember Carta, but who's the other friend he was talking about? This scene is getting gayer by the minute. Oh yeah, Ein was the other one. CLINK. Oh good, the redhead mechanic's still alive. Yes, let's all blame the dead guy for your present-day problems. You ain't seeing him in Heaven; you'll be seeing him in the next season of Gundam Build Fighters.

"Thomas, you can save your friends, or you can save us all." "Does 'us all' include my friends?" "...No."

BLACK CLOVER - I was up over two hours past when I normally go to sleep last week, how exactly did Asta modify his sword to have a lightweight mode again? In this action, Noelle proved herself more useful than Sakura could ever hope to be while injured. "So this is magical power... Not bad, not bad at all..." [dies] Well, at least the team medic cares enough to help him out. One million dollars says Angel does not care about this dude's backstory one iota. I forgot his eyes were pink; like, legitimately pink. SURVIVE OR DIEEEEEE. Even Sasuke is disturbed by this amount of edge. ...Huh. He ended her quicker than I expected. o.O So that explains the patchwork grimoire. Mars may share Esdeath's survival philosophy, but Yuno's the one who has her time-stop ability. And apparently there's an ALfheim Online tutorial NPC there too. Congratulations, Yuno, you now have your very own overpowered familiar. So him touching the scroll actually saved them all. :D Meanwhile, Asta got himself another spell, which is progress, at least. Quick, steal as much loot as you can and get out before it's too late! Oh yeah, well I tried Coke once and I spit it back out because it tasted like shiiiiiiit. And I doubt Pepsi or even Dr. Pepper are any better. Dammit Asta did getting a boost of actual magic make you stupider somehow? Well so much for saving him, thus proving everyone with more of a brain right. Wouldn't have expected Luck to be so good with directions. You gotta love those conspicuously colored light patches. Yes, you got out safe, but someone's gonna get their ass beat for not bringing any treasure with 'em. And in the end, it was the chill smoke dude that got all the gold. Replaying her death scene isn't gonna magically make it more feelsy, show. But at least it made him chill out a decent amount. Sometimes I forget the bird is even there. How sad is it that Asta and Yuno have the Naruto-Sasuke rivalry dynamic down better than Naruto and Sasuke themselves? SURPRISE GROUP HUG. Well, I guess I've finally grown used to Luck's fight junkie personality. Next up, Charmy's eating disorder! And now for some long-overdue Noelle fanservice. I CAN'T BELIEVE ASTA IS FUCKING DEAD. Again. REPLY TO ANGEL: "This is painful to watch." Yes, but will it be as painful as having to watch Naruto right after it starting in two weeks?

Apparently, I use the word "apparently" a little too much.

[apparently]

8 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

FLCL - :o Okay I was not expecting that extra subrating.

Yeah, that was weird. The official schedule on [adult swim]'s website didn't even show it, but the backdoor did. On a related note, I actually think they've changed the way the backdoor works, since they did not post schedule data for a whole week after the 28th, but then they put the entire week down, and now it goes up to the 6th. Maybe this is how DeMarco combats people nagging him about blank spots in the schedule: with more staggered releases.

So, with the S-bomb, it should've been 14DLS, if the S is neccessary at all. I didn't think so, although I wasn't paying as much attention to the episode. I was too busy having this strange neurotic process caused by me taking Adderall and a little bit of Monster Energy at the same time. At least it made me think... but then it was hard for me to do anything else.

HUNTER x HUNTER - I understand that this whole scene is supposed to be sad, but what I wanna know is, are we ever gonna see how the both of them lost in full? Getting at least Killua's defeat would be sufficient enough. I assume that's the college Leorio's taking his pre-med exams at. Netero cut off his topknot, shit just got real. I want that T-shirt now. Jokes on you, he was actually looking for non-confident opinions! Of course Knuckle would be interested in their money talk. :D Now that Peggy's gone, that octopus doctor is my new favorite middle-aged minor character Chimera Ant. "Scalpel." The King's perfectly fine. Some say, too fine. Thank you for your honesty, Dr. Octopus. Pretty sure he's already on his journey. Huh, never noticed the doctor lady had a scar over her eye. Who knew that something as seemingly ridiculous out of context as the death of a sentient ant woman during a life-saving operation in a cave made of droppings could be so damn moving? :(I want to punch the "Meownties" guy for that joke being completely random and unfunny. I would've expected Shoot to tear up first, but instead it's Knuckle who's being the opposite of "emotional rock". Okay, so apparently it's super-tiny fetus night on Toonami. Morel what the hell are you doing. Something bro tier, it looks like. That really does explain a lot. Wait, how long has Spin even been there? Gon, you think you've moved from depression to acceptance, but you're still deep, deep in denial. If you can't use supernatural powers, work on your physical prowess instead. Asta's School of Training 101. Awww yeah more Hunter career origins. You gotta love this show's worldbuilding. Something bad's about to happen to her or that place, I can just sense it. And then the Chimera Ant cave turned from an episode of General Hospital into a horror movie. Aw crap it's Zombie Kite. ANDALE ANDALE. Alligator man ain't picky, he'll fuck anything. By the way, this is HxH's real answer to North Korea; the NGL is really more like Cambodia or somethin'.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - Ever since I saw her introductory filler from the end of OG Naruto, I've grown to care more about that one girl. Holy shit Kankuro's face paint actually looks worse than it did when he debuted. You two are going because Gaara actually enjoys your company. Well we know Danzo's a prick, that much is for sure. I like old man Tsuchikage's tomboy bodyguard, she's pretty cute. :x MY BAAAAAACK. The Mizukage, meanwhile, is a total MILF. This dude seems too lame to have shark teeth, let along distinction as a legendary swordsman. Fuckdamn the Raikage looks like a total badass. OH YEAHHHHHHHHHH. xD "Y'all niggas are crazy." Danzo what the fuck are you doing with a Sharingan? How'd this episode get a PG straight again. Naruto that eyepatch is estupido and your idea is estupider. Kakashi just don't give a fuck. Not now, Konohamaru! Bribe him with porn, that always works when you want to keep someone quiet. Sai isn't used to all of these new emotions. "Let's see who can scream louder!" INTERCEPTION. Aww man, we didn't get to see the sexiness. :( It's more a master-student relationship with those two than it is a legit rivalry. This guy is so Jaden Smith he should have his own incomprehensible Twitter feed. That close-up tells me those rocks are supposed to be important. ROCK WALL YAMATO IS WATCHING YOU MASTURBATE. You exhibitionist freak. :P Lady Mizukage is soooo tsundere for Eyepatch Blum. Or maybe she's just tsun, with all the dere reserved for that Chojuro wimp. Feeling the freezer burn yet, Sasuke? ^_^ Don't fuck with the seven samurai, children. (Unless their name is Katsushiro, otherwise go nuts.) They have animals now? I was wondering what village that old man with the Fu Manchu stache was. Because even the slightest sneeze can give your location away. It literally said "Nothing". Clearly Sasuke doesn't have the time to talk. Well, so much for hiding.

Urge to watch Ballmastrz... rising...

SPACE DANDY - It's so hard to watch the parts of this episode with Scarlet in them - no doubt because she's uncharacteristically bitchier and more prone to anger than usual - but in a way, I'm glad she banned Dandy and the others from the ARC, because the episode massively improved from there. Though to be fair, with such fun moments as QT discovering the joys of fishing and the narrator's rendition of "Be My Baby", the episode avoids being a complete bummer throughout. Not like that goddamn laugh track episode. Hoo boy, that'll be a toughie to get through sober...

GITS:SAC 2ND GIG - Whether I'm listening to the episode play out or merely watching the characters onscreen, my favorite part of this episode will remain the albino crow.

Tonight on Toonami, Goku Black regales Goku Regular with the story of how he took over Alternate Goku Regular's body, Goku Classic continues fighting Buu to the best of his ability while everyone else sits on the sidelines in tension, apparently it's bizarre for elementary school kids to wear out-of-season fisherman hats now, but not as bizarre as a poker game where your very soul is on the line, Mikazuki and Akihiro make their last stand against Gjallarhorn in an effort to save their remaining comrades in the series finale of Iron-Blooded Orphans, the Black Bulls and Golden Dawn send our protagonists to report on the events of the previous arc to the Wizard King himself, the title of this episode should be enough to give Angel and Foley the heebie-jeebies, Naruto's attempts to convince the Raikage to forgive Sasuke go about as well as you would expect, a regular pit stop at one of several anime Starbucks turns into a tragic love story for QT, WE WANT NO DIRTY UNIVERSE, and Kayabuki attempts to convince her cabinet not to send their army in to deal with the growing refugee problem.

10:30 - Dragonball Super #61 - Zamasu's Ambition: The Storied Project 0 Mortals of Terror - TV-14

11:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #160 - A One Minute Match-Up! Vegeta's Life-Threatening Stall for Time! - TV-14LV

11:30 - FLCL #3 - Marquis du Carabas - TV-14

12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders #34 - D'Arby the Gambler, Part 1 - TV-14L

12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans #50 - Their Place - TV-14LV - END

1:00 - Black Clover #20 - Assembly at the Royal Capital - TV-PG

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #93 - Date With Palm - TV-14LV

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #200 - Naruto's Plea - TV-PG

2:30 - Space Dandy #13 - Even Vacuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby - TV-14DV

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #4 - Gateway Shuffle - TV-MALS

3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig #23 - MARTIAL LAW - TV-14LV

Since this is a twofer and I don't remember the shows very well, I'll try to keep things brief.

DBS - Old: Beerus and Whis had a good plan to be certain of Zamasu's intentions. That also had to be the Seventh Universe's strongest oven mitt.

Lil' Trunks giving his older self tough love was both funny and strange, and I was glad to see it was oddly effective for a lecture from a child.

New: The first half seemed to drag out to point of explaining the multiverse theory of time travel for Lil' Trunks' benefit.

It looks like Beerus was wrong about his intervention fixing all timelines. When we consider what we learned about the lives of Destroyers being bound to their Supreme Kais, then our trio of Saiyans is fine with sentencing Beerus' Tenth Universe counterpart to death. That is, unless Zamasu already killed him when he murdered Gowasu.

It was funny to see Bulma crammed into the time machine with Future!Trunks, Goku and Vegeta. As for who Black really is, I'm not sure how that works. If Zamasu switched minds with that version of Goku, then how would killing Goku's body after that switch not kill Zamasu's mind? Also, how can his mind be in both Goku's and his own body at the same time? That would require an extreme ability simultaneously to focus and to compartmentalize inputs in order to control both bodies effectively, especially when faced with combat.

I'm going to side with Vegeta on it being strange that Goku has never kissed Chi-Chi. Also, what Trunks did was more like a mother bird feeding one of her hatchlings.

DBZK - Old: Goku and Vegeta had a good plan to lure Buu to them and save everyone on Grand Kai's planet in the process.

Once the fighting started, there was nothing to the episode beyond a good old fashioned slugfest.

New: The slugfest continued, and even the people in Hell were amazed. I can buy Babidi rooting for Goku out of spite for Buu.

Vegeta finally admitted that Goku is a better fighter. For someone who was always told, with reason, that he was superior, an elite, this was a big moment of personal growth.

FLCL - I haven't watched the dvd yet.

JoJo: SC - Old: Alessi's Stand was strange. I'm not sure what de-aging people has to do with chaos, for Set, but eh. Also, conservation of mass isn't a thing with Set's power. Oh well.

I was mildly offended that Lil' Jean had the same v.a. as Gon, since Gon is a great kid and Jean wasn't, nor does he grow to be an upstanding man.

Yes, the pretty lady was very kind, so of course Alessi had to do something to her.

New: I'm not sure whether a fetus at that age has functional lungs, but I'm willing to roll with it.

Heh, Lil' Jean used the mirror trick.

I can completely believe that Jotaro at age seven or eight would've been capable of beating down a grown, muscular man.

Okay, Jean denying he knew the pretty lady for her safety was an honorable thing to do. I'll give him that.

MSG: IBO 2 - Old: If the show is willing to kill Orga here, then no one is safe.

New: I'm glad that Atra and Kudelia were able to get out of harm's way.

Hush did well, but the Gjallarhorn forces were just too much for him. That's a shame.

I feel like Mikazuki is about to go murder-crazy, and I can only hope it will be as glorious as it should be.

I felt a lot more loss when Fumitan died than for McGillis here. I hope that he had his will updated to reflect Almiria being his beneficiary.

BC - Old: "Sir Spectacles" made me chuckle.

Oh, neat. Asta can change the shape of his magic-negating sword.

New: Of course Mars had to kill his cute friend and classmate to survive and got her magic infused into his grimoire. That's sad and all, but he's still so flat that I can't truly feel bad for him.

Noelle, there's no shame in taking in the manservice that Asta served up for you. Similarly, Asta, don't draw attention to the show Noelle gave you; just enjoy the view. I know that it's highly unlikely these two will hook up given the kind of story this is, but I can ship them.

HxH - Old: What the crap, show?!?! You off-screened the end of both Gon and Killua's fights. Lame. I can understand Gon losing (debt is bad, m'kay), but I saw no reason that Killua wouldn't be able to keep fighting and maybe win, even with Illumi's implanted nen trap messing with his face like that.

Noooooo! Don't split up the boys! They're the greatest of friends and need to stay together.

The C.A. King has a bad habit of going for a headshot at the slightest minor annoyance. Pitou sure was tough to survive one.

New: I have no idea why the Hunter Association/Netero would try to save any of the man-eating murder monsters, let alone the one that could create more murder monsters.

I get the feeling that Knuckle and/or Shoot will get killed by a royal guard or the C.A. King. If that happens to Knuckle, would I.R.S. dissipate?

Shippuden - Old: While I question the intelligence and wisdom of Naruto taking a beating in Sauce's place, I will admit that Naruto kept to his word.

New: Oh, so Danzo had the same eye transplant that Kakashi had. I will admit that he defended himself adeptly.

Oonoki (sp?) is the entertaining kind of cantankerous old man, and the Mizukage is a pretty redheaded lady, so I'm all for that.

SD - "Old": I admire Dr. Gel's singular focus on solving (one of?) the secret(s?) of the cosmos.

Since both the Head Librarian and the Assistant Librarian were living paper, it might be possible for the Assistant Librarian to heal from the tear Dandy started.

"New": Q.T. going crazy for fishing is still funny.

This had some great one-liners. "Is that your final Dandy?" "In your beautiful face!" "Hello there, sexy."

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - I haven't watched the dvd for this either.

18 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

the title of this episode should be enough to give Angel and Foley the heebie-jeebies,

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #93 - Date With Palm - TV-14LV

I AM UNCOMFORTABLE.

Jojo- I love the narrator. SPHINX. Welcome home, Avdol. Oh no Holly. I'm also thirsty here. Avdol you live here, don't you have a street map or something? You look like an Old West Saloon-themed prostitute, sir. What is that crap all over his face? Guys, he's definitely evil. This is an obvious trap. Joseph is way luckier than most people, who else could survive four plane crashes? Well if any of them are going to get tricked into killing themselves here I'm glad it's Polnareff. POLNAREFF YOU STUPID FRENCH BASTARD. Wow what a shock this dude was evil all along. Quick, someone challenge him to a fiddle contest. I'm glad it was the one I care about the least. I hope Iggy fights that cat. Set him on fire, Avdol. Nobody cares about spelling, douche. Angry Avdol is doing things for me. Hey that day was eventually my birthday. Just cut your losses and leave him. I would like some chocolate, thank you. Joseph drinking isn't gonna help you here. Don't bring science into this! Joseph the hell kind of bet is that? Y'all should probably just listen to Avdol here. Oh your word as a gambler, that's worth a lot I'm sure. Oh you showoff. Joseph is cheating and I love him. This is going too well. Calm down Donnie. NO DON'T TAKE SEXY GRANDPA'S SOUL. The moral of this story is to listen to Avdol, goddammit. Make a bet about what the hell Avdol's pants are. Punch him, husband. Oh you dick. Look at all those sound effects. Whelp that was a bad choice, I sure hope Avdol's an expert fiddle player.

Gundam- I'm sure this finale won't be depressing at all. Yeah sorry that kid is dead as shit. Kill them all, Mika. He's probably the oldest one left of the child soldiers, he might as well be the new leader. Blow that shit right up. I got zero faith in Mika surviving but the buff one might get out alive. I fucking hate this guy, let him do a suicide mission. Thank god someone finally hugged that kid. Ohhh that looks bad. Mika bout to lose the rest of his limbs here. Please kill this douche already. "Let me AXE you a question!" Please kill him already. FINALLY, THANK GOD. Aw crap the buff one's dead. Girl you are a real shitty judge of character. Aww I'm glad the adults survived. Is there any greater reason to live than getting your own harem? Well this sure is depressing. Fuck you and everyone you care about, bitch. At least the child fucker died and his legacy is hated, and I can appreciate that. Oh fuck you, asshole. Oh it's a time skip I guess. She looks good with short hair. Good, the hot redhead survived. Who woud have guessed that things would turn out so badly for the child soldiers. Kick him in the dick while your'e there. Hmmm her bodyguard there sure looks familiar. Shut the fuck up, girl. Yeah you sure killed a whole bunch of young kids who never had a home. Does your dick work in that chair, dude? Well i'm glad things worked out for the kids who managed to survive. Kill him while he's on the toilet, it's the death he deserves. Jesus this kid didn't fuck around. Aww the adults have kids. Atra got cute. Awwww he's adorable but has a terrible name.

Clover- Bird is still the best character. I still can't understand you, Manson. I did not miss the creepy sister fucker at all. I do love those sheep chefs. I definitely don't drink enough during this show. Hey there Captain Sexy. Nobody likes you, sister fucker. I hate you both and that stupid sparkly face you make. You can repay her by shutting the hell up. What the fuck girl, have some standards. Bitches be crazy, glasses dude. Kneel, you dimwits. Shut the fuck up you did nothing. Oh jesus he has the creepy sparkly eyes too. I fucking hate you so much. Uh you should probably let go of that sword. It's also about knowing how to shut your goddamn screaming mouth. Maybe the super knights will use them as target practice. Hi there, boobs. Those are bitchface's siblings I guess. What the fuck kind of power is glass magic? I don't give a shit about any of these people. Shut the fuck up. Oh she's been eyeing some meat alright. I mean yeah, he did win thanks to Luck. Y'all suck at insults, you unoriginal fuckjockies. Now this dude's got some salt. I like that her own family hates her even more than I do. GET OFF THE TABLE YOU ASSHOLE. No please god, just be quiet. You're never done talking and that is why everyone hates you.

Hunter- These strippers seem nice. I'm probably not gonna feel too bad about this guy dying. Ohh I don't like your odds here, dude. I do enjoy the cat puns. He has a point, humans are pretty terrible. No don't kill the strippers. Thank you, catdouche. Ohh this won't end well. MEAT ORCHARD does have a nice ring to it. Oh no not that crazy bitch. Is...is Bisky dead? Oh hell no you stay the fuck away from my son. Bitch he's twelve I'm calling the police. All this time I was worried about Hisoka showing back up but really I should have been worried about this nutty bitch. Gon what the fuck. CHILD NO NONE OF THAT IS OKAY. Obviously Gon needs to take Killua out on a date. Oh hey Knuckle. Honey no, Kite is not okay. Look out for terrifying fuck monsters, and not just the creepy lady trying to bang a sixth grader. Run away, bitches! Well that did not go well. That news report doesn't sound good Oh wow she actually looks pretty, but still way too old to be dating a goddamn child. Use the creepy woman as a human shield. Oh crap it's Speedo Rabbit. KICK HIS ASS, KIDDO.

Naruto- They just followed the gravity of that lady's huge boobs. That dude's gotta be freezing he doesn't even have a shirt. Your friend is a dick and needs to pay for his crimes. He gives no shits and I can respect that. No Sasuke's kinda been an insufferable douche since the beginning, vengence didn't change him that much. I enjoy watching Naruto suffer. Were they ever even friends or did Sasuke just quietly hate him for years. This guy is great and a rare character that I might actually like. Gaara laying the smackdown on these guys. Oh right, that rapping dude is his brother. FIGHTIN TIME. I feel like the entire cloud city was formed mostly out of my own salt and hatred for this series. Man I miss gay snake Blum. Don't cry lady I'll comfort you and your rack. I genuinely don't remember if the audience knew that already or was supposed to be surprised by that. See, if you all hold hands and hug it out you can beat the enemies! I hope you put the giant angry guy in charge. Booooooooooooo.

I'm excited to see My Hero Academia. From what I've read about it, it should be fun.

DBS - Black's immense power doesn't make sense. For one, it's logically inconsistent with part of a prior storyline from DBZ. When Captain Ginyu switched bodies with Goku, his power output from Goku's body was way lower than Goku's, because he wasn't attuned to Goku's body. How would Zamasu, just after taking over Goku's body, be able to muster the power to kill his own divine body, which should be tougher to kill than some ordinary mortal? For another, it seems like every time Goku shows a new level of power, Black gets that power in short order. He didn't ask the Super Dragon for a servant with the powers of Goku; he asked to have Goku's body. That means that, attunement aside, he would only have as much power as he would train that body to have. None of Black's fights with Goku were severe enough to trigger a post-injury recovery power-up, so how could he almost instantly have even more power? It doesn't make sense.

Black and Zamasu killing the other versions of himself, and thus eliminating their corresponding Destroyers was consistently evil with their Zero Mortals project. Regarding them destroying the Super Dragon Balls, I'm presuming that was only for the set of which they're aware, the set for Universes 3 and 10. Perhaps we'll be lucky in them overlooking the sets for the other paired universes.

I'm glad to see that Trunks is stepping up his power. It looks like he's almost to the level of divine energy which is Super Saiyan Blue, but he's not quite there yet.

DBZK - More slugfest, and Vegeta held up his part and kept Buu occupied for way longer than a minute.

FLCL - I haven't watched the dvd yet.

JoJo: SC - There wasn't  a lot of action, but it was interesting to see a Stand that effectively works by the consent of its user's adversary. As for the soulless bodies of Jean and Joseph, it should be possible for them to continue their autonomic functions (heartbeat, breathing, digestion) without being conscious. Comatose people do all those things, as does everyone else while sleeping. They would just need a feeding tube. Of course, that only comes into play if their souls aren't recovered in this encounter.

I feel like our group missed their chance simply to threaten D'Arby with violence to get the information they wanted at the outset. Once he started talking about betting souls, that should've been their clue they were dealing with a Stand User.

As for Joseph's game, even if the glass was tilted slightly, the leveling would've brought the high side down, which would've lowered the bubble on the low side. I presume Joseph used the bubble on the low side to determine how much to add, but if he happened to look at the high side while adding liquid, then he could've lost by overflowing the other side at that time, meaning it was stacked against Joseph. However, if the glass was overfilled to start, then D'Arby would've needed incredibly steady hands not only to lift the glass without spilling it, but even more so to press the smear of chocolate on the bottom and set the now-uneven glass back on the table. Still, this all relied on shenanigans in that in an open-walled cafe in Egypt during the daytime, the heat would've been enough for the chocolate bar to be a mushy, nearly-melted mess at ambient environmental temperature, meaning it wouldn't have been solid enough to hold up one edge of the glass, even in the "cool" of the shade of D'Arby's body. Thus, D'Arby's ploy shouldn't have worked at all due to the physical properties of the chocolate. Oh well. I'm sure Jotaro will come through for the other's next time. Barring that, we can all hope that Avdol takes the sensible course of action they should've taken to start - threats of or actual violence. He could injure D'Arby horribly with flame powers without killing him in order to coerce him into releasing the others and giving them the location of Dio's hideout.

MSG: IBO 2 - I didn't expect Akihiro or Mikazuki to survive, and Mikazuki looked, judging from his right eye, like he would've suffered another feedback stroke, so, had he survived, he could've been a quadriplegic, and he would've felt like a burden to everyone, especially since Barabatos wouldn't have been repaired after this for him to connect to its A.V.S. and have some mobility. I won't say that it's a good thing that he died, but he might've preferred that to being a what he would likely consider a burden to Atra, Kudelia, and eventually Akatsuki.

I'm glad that Akihiro got the chance to kill Iok and succeeded. Iok deserved it for his various roles in awakening a Mobile Armor and all the civilian casualties that caused, killing Amida and Naze with rail guns (read: killing more civilians, but directly this time, with banned weapons), and being part of the leadership of the group that killed many members of Iron Flower, surprise, by using banned weapons yet again. That is to say that Iok instigated a civilian tragedy, committed a war crime, and then committed another war crime. He was even party to yet another war crime, firing those railguns at a planet's surface and causing area devastation, when they had every expectation that the damage would kill not only enemy combatants, but also non-combatants who were aligned to said enemy combatants. It was sheer luck that the attack didn't immediately kill anyone, but it did inflict grievous wounds on two people and damaged their mobile suits to the point that they could be overcome by the vastly superior numbers who went to kill them. Death by crushing was a fine way to end Iok, who was ideologically blind to the fact that the actions to which he was a party were crimes.

Watching Mikazuki fight at the end, when Barbatos' eyes glowed red, it looked to me like he wasn't trying to destroy the enemy mobile suits. It looked to me like he was targeting the cockpits, meaning the pilots. That was hardcore.

As for the aftermath developments, Martian independence is fine, and I liked the coordinated effort between the Earth and Mars to seek to stop the exploitation of orphans of violence. I like that Dante is running an orphanage, trying to give kids like he was a chance at stability, education, and a future. I'm glad that Merribit and Nadi stayed together and started a family. I have no objections to Gaelio surviving, whether he's confined to that wheelchair or not, and he and Julietta having a budding relationship is fine. I'm proud of Kudelia gaining the political power she needed to address the societal issues which spurred her into action at the start of the show. I'm glad that Atra isn't truly a single mom, and her precocious son looks like a little Mikazuki, but with her hair color. I can respect that Ride couldn't let go of the betrayals and crimes Iron Flower suffered, opting to seek and get natural justice on Nobliss Gordon.

However, Rustall, a wanton war criminal who engaged in a false-flag operation to "justify" his multiple instances of the same kind of war crime, and even expanded it to using banned weapons on a location which he could reasonably expect would have non-combatants which he prevented from even being able to communicate their intention to leave or surrender peaceably before this attack, lived. Not only did he live, but he gained even more prestige and power as a result of his war crimes. Even more than Akihiro and Mikazuki dying in combat against numerous foes, at least one of which truly deserved to die, this part of the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth. Yes, he did some good with his new power and was part of the reform which was needed in Gjallarhorn, but he was also part of the corruption which he "rooted out," and for his part in the manipulations and crimes he orchestrated and ordered, he was rewarded. Boooo!

At least Atra and Kudelia grew into pretty women.

In all, I liked watching the show, and I'll rewatch the episodes I have on the dvr at some point, but I don't think I'll buy any dvds for either season. It's too dangerous to my wallet to get into buying Gundam shows.

BC - Hooray for the return of Vanessa's wearing only her underwear and cape, as well as for the introduction of Sol and her cleavage outfit.

I found it funny that Yami opted to break through the door rather than simply open it.

Noelle better watch out. Mimosa, who has a more pleasant personality, is also smitten with Asta. He may not have my proclivities, but Mimosa's red hair and ample bust help to make her an appealing back-up ship for Asta.

My biggest takeaway from our dungeon group meeting the Wizard King is that Asta's anti-magic sword saps the mana from anyone who even touches it, making Asta truly suited for it, since it wouldn't do a thing to him. It is strange that the new writing in Asta's grimoire was in a language that even the Wizard King didn't know.

I like that in addition to the praise the Wizard King gave to those up for promotion, he also offered them both professional and personal advice on how to be better Knights and people.

Speaking of the other Knights being better people, wow, they sure need some work in that regard. Whether they felt that Asta, Yuno, or even, in the case of the Silva family, Noelle should've been there doesn't matter. Those three were all invited and urged to stay by the Wizard King, as were the snooty Knights. The host of all of them determined the trio's presence was appropriate and desired, so the snooty ones were being rude, bad guests by speaking ill of the others. It's true that Asta was lacking in etiquette, and he even was a little unruly when he stood on a table, but that was in response to one of his teammates being verbally and physically accosted, by her own family, even. When another Knight then used magic on him, that was an overt attack, so I don't blame Asta at all for using his sword to defend himself.

HxH - If anyone is supposed to represent the Kim regime, it's this king which the C.A. King and his royal guard killed to take his palace.

No, C.A. King. Your analogy is flawed. For one, you are not (yet?) a society which domesticated and raised the humans specifically to be a food source for you and the C.A.s. If anything, they're more like wild game to you. For another, the livestock humans consume isn't necessarily capable of understanding their impending demise, let alone communicating a desire to live, and especially not in a language which humans can understand. Lastly, and something unique to this show, cows and pigs are not hybrid organisms which are partly human, so we don't have a semi-cannibalism going on when we eat them like you do when you eat people.

Gon has some strange power over Palm to calm her down. Also, she looked like an entirely different person when she cleaned up for their date. I didn't expect Gon to have dating experience, but being one of the few males on Whale Island when the occasional all-female crew came to port set him up nicely there. It looked like he took Palm on a real date. I'm impressed. It's unsettling that she's pursuing a young boy, but maybe she has the decency not to force herself on him and will opt to wait for him to get older before escalating to the physical part of a relationship that might develop. She was willing to forgive his failure to keep his promise, didn't demand eye trauma, and was ready to accept what so far has seemed like a fairly benign action to make amends, so I'm willing to hold out hope that she won't do anything unseemly.

I think that Killua might struggle against this jerkwad C.A., but I expect Killua to emerge victorious due to his training and drive to protect the relatively defenseless Gon.

See, Hunter Association? C.A.s making it to population centers outside the NGL and killing people at those places is what you get for relying on a small team of Hunters to deal with the C.A.s instead of nuking the whole country while you had the chance to wipe out the C.A.s before they spread.

Shippuden - The Raikage let Naruto make his plea, but I don't fault A (Ei?) for not changing his mind.

Blah, blah. There was a lot of finger pointing and blame shifting at the summit. I'm not sure about Danzo being the leader of a coalition force to hunt the Akatsuki (why are you trying to kill a small Martian child hundreds of years in the future? Such terrible people here. :p). I have a sneaking suspicion that Danzo cut some kind of deal with their "neutral" host samurai village.

SD - I recorded the newest season of The X-Files on the dvr and have been watching through those. One of the episodes featured Mulder and Scully in their down time having a series of bad experiences at the figurative hands of A.I.s and connected/controlled devices. I consider it a tiny bit of synchronicity that I saw that in the same week where a collection of A.I. appliances run amok in this SD episode.

Given the nearly perpetual poverty of the crew, I have no idea where Q.T. got the money to buy all that ground coffee.

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - I haven't watched the dvd for this either.

This is my first time seeing this commercial, and already, this Extra Crispy Colonel ad is annoying me.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - I have got to stop 100% trusting the front door schedule with the TV ratings. But much to Beerus's ignorance, it turned out that multiverse theory is a bitch. So you're saying that Goku was fisted to death? xD I know your brain's not the best, Goku, but it isn't that confusing. Bulma's role in this arc is the spectator with all the snarky comments. Is it wrong that I think clip-on earrings are the best earrings? SYNCHRONICITY ATTACK. Invincibility is truly the greatest cheat code of all. It ain't a utopia if there's nobody around to experience it. "...But I was going to kill him!" BRO GRABS. Goddammit Trunks pay attention. Well fuck you too Team Zamasu. You idiots do realize you're destroying your precious natural beauty alongside all of mortality, right? Eat your heart out, Thanos. Like I said, the greatest cheat code. KABEDON. All the things to talk about in this promo, and every part of me always goes back to Mt. Lady. And I'm not even into giantesses. :S That fiend, he actually managed to make the "peas and carrots" part sound absolutely badass! It's like Goku in Ginyu's body all over again. You fool, that's not one of his vital organs! I'd feel bad for Chi-Chi, if not for her previous instances of bitchiness. To fuck with Goku is one thing, but to fuck with his family is something completely different. KICK HIS ASS GOKU. BACKHANDED. Again, not a vital organ. Okay, your sword blade is kinda cool, but I don't think that's how swords even work. Throw him a senzu bean! The body is willing, but the spirit is spongy and bruised. He may be too much, but at least he can be beaten. If you're looking for someone to blame for Trunks time-hopping all the goddamn time, blame the Androids. Hell, blame Dr. Gero, the fucker who created them to begin with! ANTI-AUTISTIC RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! Is this Trunks' Super Saiyan 2? And if so, why the blue glow of god energy? I don't know what's worse, this song's English cover or the fact that its TV cut is wayyyyyy too short.

Goddammit Galaxy first you annoy me to hell and back during March Madness with variations of the same damn ad, and now you're trying to get me into bestiality? Well I'm not buying it!

DRAGONBALL Z KAI - At this point I'm just waiting for this arc to finally end. Shin, you care way too much. Welcome to the cave of beatings. Curse the cockiness of fusions! Then why not try blasting the portion of him that you can still see, you moron! So you're saying it's Buu's fault that you haven't beat him yet? That makes sense, I guess. When the dead get killed, they go where the dead go to die, or something along those lines. Poor, poor Mr. Satan. Vegeta, behind you! "When everyone's a hero, no one is." I'd punch that pink fucker in the face so hard he'd never wanna fucking laugh again and hoo boy I think I have anger issues. Try firing a Last Blast at him! Oh geez that's a lotta blood even for DBZ. I AM VEGEEZUS. Even Krillin thinks the passage of time in this show is bullshit. Clearly you need more living people to get stronker. Why aren't these three actually doing anything, anyways? Elder Kai's the only one who really cares about the fight in and of itself. Because even I think this should've ended a long time ago. THANK GOD IT'S MR. SATAN. Still stuck in denial, I see.

Seriously, why haven't I watched Ballmastrz yet? That's something I should do between finishing exams and securing a summer internship.

FLCL - The great thing about this show is all the stuff you pick up on in rewatches, like Ninamori hooking her finger through the frame of the faux glasses, in spite of how some things stay confusing as hell. What does make that fisherman's hat so "bizarre" to Ninamori, anyways? The "inside Production I.G" segment during the commercial break was cool too. As a fan of Production I.G's works, from Ghost in the Shell to Shining Hearts, it was neat seeing all this memorabilia and promotional stuff for shows that couldn't possibly make it to American television on my HD screen. Shame there wasn't any Kuroko stuff on their shelves, but hey, I already saw that show's cameo in the JUMP All-Stars game review.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: STARDUST CRUSADERS - The Riddle of the Sphinx is pure child's play in the realm of riddling, considering everybody knows the answer to it. Damn, Cairo already? SYNCHRONIZED CHUGGING. This dude makes one hell of a first impression, I'm liking him in spite of the obvious villainy already. Awwww yeah we gambling now. Looks more like jerky than dried fish from where I'm sitting. Is this guy seriously putting him up to an SCM duel without an SCM? That takes some balls. Okay that just had to be rigged somehow, why would you take the left first when you're just inches away from the right? That is one amphibious-looking STAND. Well this guy's certainly a dangerous opponent, if his STAND's capable of doing... that. Meanwhile, my dad pulled a Sympathy for the Devil reference that I just knew he was going to make. D-A-R-B-Y. Muslim equlivalent of Jesus, Avdol, calm yourself. If it's 11:15 P.M., he was probably sleeping. Ohhhhhh yeah it's Joseph's turn to gamble now. I personally prefer GOOD to OKAY. The tension is almost killing me. I'm not sure if Jotaro's proud of Joseph's cheat or if he's just as annoyed by it as he would be by cheating on the other side. "We'll see which dance partner cries first!" No one has ever said that, but they should. [gnaws chocolate furiously. Gambling anime is fuckin' great, even without all the ugly O-faces. OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN. Heart of hearts, you say? The ma who defeated Kars, turned into a poker chip after a bad bet. REMEMBER FIVE YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS GETTIN' IT ON IN VEGAS WITH SHOWGIRLS AND YOU WERE THROWIN' ROCKS AT TANKS!? It's JoJo, lots of things don't make sense, even when they do. GET YOUR POKER FACES ON BOYOS. Wonder why they shortened the ending theme this time. To make sure the episode didn't seep over into others' timeslots like in previous years, maybe?

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS - HEEEEEEEEAVE. Sorry, Zack, but there's no saving him now. Okay so maybe they shortened it due to this episode being the last one. Goddamn do I love listening to Fighter. See, told you it'd be these two making the last stand. Did he just call his Gundam "Full City"? Fuck you Iok. Hey, Orga chose to take those bullets for you, don't blame yourself for being behind his demise. Fuck you too, Rustal. God help me, do I love it when a widescreen show breaks out the letterbox. FOR ORGA. They're Gundams, motherfucker. Honest to god, this really is one kickass last stand, as tragic as it is. IT... WAS.... YOU!!! xD Scissored to death. Only the most befitting of deaths for that fucker Iok. Mikazuki just doesn't give a fuck, didn't you figure that out already? Mikazuki Augus does what Mikazuki Augus does because Mikazuki Augus is Mikazuki Augus. Thinking of Atra in his last moments. How oddly human of Mika. Eh... sorta fuck you also, Julietta. You're a dick, hungry office man. Having an interplanetary incident named after you is victory enough for McGillis, among the failure that was the remainder of the incident. DEMOCRACY, FUCK YEAH! Guess things turned out pretty good for Mars. I wanted that redhead mechanic on Team Rustal to survive the show, and I'm glad she did. The six degrees of Sean Bacon. "No hard feelings, then?" So is there any reason why Gaelio's in a wheelchair? He's totally Mari Okada's husbando. :D Julietta confirmed for having a mask fetish. ALESSI!? Nice new suit you've got there, Chad. And the one-armed dude got a new prosthetic replacement. Good for him! xD Capped on the crapper. Only the most befitting of deaths for that fucker Nobliss. Like I said, once you go black you don't go back. Dayum, Atra really makes one fine MILF. REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "Awwww he's adorable but has a terrible name." Yeah, naming your kid after ninja ISIS is pretty weird, but it's not like that matters in the Gundamverse. Before you say anything, they're in a domestic partnership, though I'm sure they occasionally get busy between the sheets. All in all, better than I expected. Though having most of the series spoiled for you does that. 9/10 for the second season, 9/10 overall.

All in all, here's a list of all the Tekkadan members to survive the series: Kudelia, Atra, Eugene, Takaki, Chad, Dante, Ride (on the run), Derma, Dexter, Nady, Merribit, Yamagi, Zack, Dayne. Fourteen total, at the very least.

You see that, Jingai, you lying bastard!? You don't say "everyone dies" when it's that obvious that not everyone dies! If you wanna say "everyone dies", do it to a show where literally everyone does die! SO CHECK YOUR FACTS NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF LIKE A CYNICAL IDIOT. FUCKKEN CHECK THEM!!!!11!11!!11!one1!!!

[ahem]

BLACK CLOVER - Because someone needs to watch it, so why not me? Hey, new opening animation. Oh Noelle, you are so tsundere for Asta, admit it. Whatever death is most befitting for the siscon, I want it delivered to him pronto. But hey, at least it isn't all "I wuv mai imouto" with him this week. (Yes, his endless repertoire of stories counts.) And as usual, all Luck and Charmy care about are fights and food respectively. BRING OUT THE DANCING SHEEP. :D Dammit Yami they just repaired that door! Staying alive is Asta's specialty, much to Angel's chagrin. Yami says it like it is, and I respect that. Every time Asta goes to the Royal Capital, it's always a treat. Oh hey it's Yuno's party. So nice to see that Klaus's character development's holding strong. :D Sick burn, Yuno. And thus marks the beginning of Asta's very own lawlharem. NOBODY EXPECTS THE WIZARD KING. They got the greatest relic, and all the Diamond Kingdom got was a bunch of worthless Nazi gold. Oh no he has Asta's shoujo eyes. Hey, unintelligible writings are very useful, just take a look at the poneglyphs. You have to be as fit as Asta to carry this sword with ease. A case where "you ain't got no magic" is actually a compliment. "What they taught you in the schools is wrong." This guy is so inspirational, I can see why they look up to him. Naturally, the Black Bulls don't get any awards, but since Asta and Noelle are two of the most well-adjusted members, they're honorary invitees to the banquet. IT'S SO BRIIIIIIIGHT. I wanna punch Noelle's family in their stupid faces, and on the contrary, I already like the token delicious brown. AND SHE'S GOT SERA'S VOICE TOO AND IS ALSO POSSIBLY BISEXUAL EVEN BETTER. Buzz off, Noelle's relatives. You too, fat man. Is this dude Adam Sandler's distant ancestor? I feel like he might be. Nobody tell Charmy about this room. Oh well, at least Asta's enjoying himself. :D Keep it in your panties, Mimosa. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "I mean yeah, he did win thanks to Luck." Okay that's actually pretty clever, good on you for spotting that. :) FUCK YOU FAT MAN I'M SURE YOUR TABLE MANNERS ARE NO BETTER BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Too bad for them, Asta don't give a fuck. Hey, don't go shit-talking your own teammates, Papa Sandler, that's bad sportsmanship. And then the bullying of Noelle began. Fuck these rich assholes and their stupid hairstyles. Oh shit she didn't pull a Holland did she. ANTI-BULLY RANGER ASTA, GO! Yes, use magic on the anti-magic user, see how that works out for you.

Man, it feels like it's been a while since a JoJo's episode totally enthralled me, but that rambling, gambling episode did the trick. It was quite hilarious to see that the entire confrontation with D'Arby happened in a packed cafe with lots of people watching. It's especially weird considering that Stands are only visible to other Stand users, so how the hell did Polnareff and Jotaro's souls coming out of their bodies and being molded into poker chip-shaped pizza dough by Osiris appear to the passerby in there?

I also just realized this not long ago, but the cafe they were in somewhat resembled the Lemon Beach House, at least to me. I guess that fits the mold of people treating Squid Girl's appearance as being completely normal.

Edited by Blatch

8 hours ago, Blatch said:

It's especially weird considering that Stands are only visible to other Stand users, so how the hell did Polnareff and Jotaro's Joseph's souls coming out of their bodies and being molded into poker chip-shaped pizza dough by Osiris appear to the passerby in there?

Probably just a giant buff dude passing out and then a poker chip dropping out of nowhere while the rest of these dudes scream weird shit at each other.

HUNTER x HUNTER - I did not need to know that the King had toenails. YESSSSS CATGIRLS. Wouldn't have expected to hear Peter Lorre come out of Kim Jong-Un's mouth. (And now someone's gonna draw a literal interpretation of just that. :|) Soldiers, soldiers everywhere. Behold, the true secret behind Saitama's ridiculous strength! Your guards are dead, dude. Leave the poor catgirls alone, Red Gotou. If that wasn't a take that towards North Korea, I don't know what is. I SAID LEAVE THEM ALOOOONE. I don't like this aura I'm seeing. Where did she even find the time to make all these voodoo dolls? REPLY TO ANGEL 3: "Is...is Bisky dead?" No, she just ran away. Far, far away. The "thousand needles" thing is just an expression, like a hat on a hat. Gon doesn't care about your concern for his feelings. WE HEY KID WANNA /SS/ NOW. Gon doesn't seem too intimidated by that jagged-edge knife. You don't date when you're an assassin. HI-MI-TSU~. Gon is the dating master, didn't you know? :D They actually had him say "cougars". Go back 4. This is the plot calling, we have new developments regarding your dead mentor wannabe. It's like he doesn't even care that the Ants have left the NGL. Real-life furries wish the world could witness them like this. Oh hey, it's one of the characters from Achewood! And he's got eight legs, that's new. These cops are sooooo dead. Mmm... finger food. I don't trust the new anchor lady on Channel 8. Gon looks different when his hair isn't standing straight up. Killua's reading Kubo's newest work, now with 5% more backgrounds. Holy shit Palm cleans up very well, it's amazing what happens when you put in a little effort. Chicks dig the aquarium. They also dig nature walks, or maybe that's Gon who's doing the digging there. It was probably just the wind. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY FINDING PALM TO BE CUTE. Twenty bucks says that shadow is Rabbit Lupin. RIGHT ON THE JENNY. Kill the wabbit, Killua.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - I am expecting so many "nos" to come out of this confrontation. Well, at least he knows he's asking a stupid question. ...Huh. I was expecting him to dignify him with a response. Sasuke's more MUH REVENGEANCE than Ryuko, and she was pretty revengeance-y. Sakura's beaten Naruto so many times, that he considers her "just friends" now. Yeah, I'd say Naruto's acting pretty awkward. SHINOBI GET RESULTS. You think he heard any of that? "That cracka ain't right." These guys stand still just as good as those Buckingham Palace guards. Careful, Sasuke, your urge to kill is rising. Wow, everyone's here already. You know what's also awkward? The episode title popping up after the event it's named after took place. Not five seconds in and there's already contention at the table. The Fourth Mizukage looks way more feminine than I expected. Welp, things have officially gotten out of hand. Mifune's too old for this shit. Raikage's straight-up tired of everybody's shit. I love how '70s the president of I.G looks in this featurette. Friendly reminder that Orochimaru used to be an Akatsuki. Okay, shit's getting way too political now, even for a show like this. Mifune makes a good point, better to work together against a common enemy than be distracted by infighting like those pompous asses at West Genetics. Naturally it all comes down to Naruto.

How do they get Stick Man Blum to do all these ads for such different establishments?

SPACE DANDY - Four years later, and I still don't know what happened to Maker after that giant appliance fight.

GITS:SAC 2ND GIG - I'm sure there've been more than just this one, but did you know this is the only GITS episode I actually remember sleeping through at 4 in the morning? Heck, I don't think I even paid attention when I watched it for real back in '08...

I think I have three episodes each of FLCL and GitS to cover. Okay.

FLCL - Shame on you, Naota. Littering is, if memory serves, a 5000 Wulong fine.

Watching on dvd in English, some of the signage in the show is translated with subtitles. Also, the ending credits are in English as well. I didn't expect that.

Miyu Miyu is old for a cat at 12 years old.

In the aftermath of the fight where Canti first takes in Naota to power up, I don't think I ever caught that Haruko dropped an S-bomb when she heard the police and/or fire department sirens.

Haruko is a big liarface. The Little Prince Curry read, according to the subtitle translation, that it was for adults 50x hot.

When I think of what constitutes a little kid, I think of a child who is no older than first grade, so I wouldn't call the sixth-graders in Naota's class that, but they are kids.

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - Someone with whom I formerly worked (they no longer work there) is a 2nd Amendment enthusiast, and one day they said that it doesn't make sense for reactionary politicians to focus on the AR-15 platform for stricter regulations, considering that variations on the AK-47 have killed far more people worldwide. Part of that is that the AK has a longer history of use. Another part is that the Soviets and their satellite States produced millions of them in that timeframe, and it was in the standard-issue group of firearms for those militaries. Just because there have been regime changes over the decades doesn't mean those rifles went away. They flooded the world market, where they were admired for their ease of use, care, and robust design. In one of these episodes, we saw what sure looks like AK-47s in one of the crates of weapons the refugees had. I can absolutely believe that in the future world of GitS either those rifles are still in new production, or there are notable stockpiles of them available to people with the right connections and money, or both of those scenarios.

"It's a Mk-2, so it only make sense it'd be twice as useless, right?" Oh, those Tachis. :)

In all the talking about the Individual Eleven plot and the bomb being fission-capable with the plutonium fuel, it's easy to overlook Borma admitting that in his army service that he was a bomb-maker, which likely included all the EOD training he would need to defuse the bomb in this episode.

The "Straight Man" Tachi is right. Standard features don't count as "secrets."

I don't know the name of the piece, but the music that plays as Aramaki and the Major discuss giving the plutonium to the U.N. nuclear inspection team still gives me chills.

When I see how quickly the refugees resort to violence against the SDA forces after losing Net access, I can't help but agree. Riots and looting have been known to happen during unexpected blackouts, and so many people today are constantly checking their mobile devices that it's almost like one of those ever-present utilities. As I walk to the restroom at work during break times, I see several people at their lockers looking at their smartphones (we're prohibited from having them on the production floor). I would imagine that being able to connect at any time simply by thinking about it like people with cyberbrains can would only make that urge stronger and lead to greater distress when access is lost like we saw when the the signal was jammed by the SDA.

Heh, training for lead role tryouts.

Some delayed comments.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:43 AM, EmpressAngel said:

Clover- What the fuck kind of power is glass magic?

The power to magically summon glass to shank people with. Alternately, bartending.

1 hour ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

FLCL - Miyu Miyu is old for a cat at 12 years old.

That's nothin', my cat is 15 years old, and she's somehow still kicking.

Also, in regards to Naruto, I'll admit that the Raikage handled Naruto's interference in his travel to the summit site in a much more civil manner than I would have expected. He let him speak, he responded to his plea with silence at best and a reaffirmation that he will kill Sasuke at worst, and even stepped around him as opposed to pushing him aside when he tried to block him. That man has more patience with Naruto than Karui could ever stand to have, and this is the same man who punched a hole in the table when one of the other Kage brought up his brother getting kidnapped by the Akatsuki. Respect. B|

Edited by PokeNirvash
She turns 16 in two months, my bad.

Tonight on Toonami, Trunks loses his cool so hard he gains an entirely new Super Saiyan form out of it, Mr. Satan steps in to distract Buu so Goku has more time to gather his strength, in a world full of superpowered individuals a young boy wants to join the growing influx of heroes in spite of having no powers at all (sound familiar?), Naota's relationship with Haruko takes a dark turn when she starts coming onto his father, Jotaro plays the most dangerous game of poker in his life and the stakes only keep getting higher, Killua tries to succeed where he failed in his fight with Shoot as he now fights a leveled-up Rammot, how much lower can Black Clover go after this most recent schedule change?, Sai somehow convinces Sakura to head to the Five Kage Summit thus setting the stage for another impromptu Team 7 reunion, Dandy's attempts at searching for success elsewhere lead him to discover how much of a loser he really is compared to his many alternate universe counterparts, I DON'T FEEL A THING AND I STOPPED REMEMBERING, and Section 9 drops into Dejima to deliver their share of plutonium to the UN as the refugees continue their assault against the SDF.

10:30 - Dragonball Super #62 - I Will Defend the World! Trunks' Furious Burst of Super Power!! - TV-14V

11:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #161 - An Inspired Strategy: Make Two Wishes Come True! - TV-14LV

11:30 - My Hero Academia #1 - Izuku Midoriya: Origin - TV-14

12:00 - FLCL #4 - Full Swing - TV-14DSV

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders #35 - D'Arby the Gambler, Part 2 - TV-14L

1:00 - Hunter x Hunter #94 - Friend and Journey - TV-14

1:30 - Black Clover #21 - Capital Riot - TV-PG

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #201 - A Painful Decision - TV-PGLV

2:30 - Space Dandy #14 - I Can't Be the Only One, Baby - TV-14DLS

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels - TV-MALSV

3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX 2nd Gig #24 - NUCLEAR POWER - TV-14LV

Edited by PokeNirvash
Get your shit together, schedule monkeys.

Hero- Well this kid's adorable. The moral of this story is that kids are jerks. These heroes seem fun. I wish I could get out of work because of super villains. Helloooo giant lady. Okay some of these powers are freaking me out. Fuck off, douche boy. So he's like Asta only actually enjoyable instead of god-awful. Hi there, shrimpy dude. Ohhhh I am into this big Jojo-looking motherfucker. I'm gonna fight this douche gang myself. Hi there hot mom. This flashback is cute. ALL MIGHT, MORE LIKE ALL NIGHT AM I RIGHT? Damn, screwed over by your own toes. Please give this kid a hug. In the present time, ohhhh noooo. I'm uncomfortable with this. Damn that shirt is just painted on. Oh come on his attacks sound like porn titles too? :D He's a giant buff dork and I love him. KID NO. Oh fuck he's dying isn't he. It's okay kiddo you're a hero to me. Please hug him and then me, All Might.

Jojo- Get your fiddle skills ready, Avdol. Jotaro really should have just bet on the order of the cards instead of poker. Hope you didn't like that finger, buddy. Now break his spine for good measure. Avdol can come get me and I'll handle anything he wants. If you break enough fingers he'll be too distracted to focus on the game. Well you've only got one soul to bet, make sure you get Joseph back first. Thank god for this narrator because I don't know shit about poker. Awww Avdol's such a good dad to this random kid. Dude, the serious glare is the only look he can manage. Aw fuck that's half your soul. Huh, that's an interesting strategy. Wait no don't just borrow my husband's soul! Avdol you can literally see the future and make your living by reading cards how are you bad at poker. I love my husband and his faith in his friends. AW FUCK HE'S CHEATING. No really, you can keep Polnareff's soul. Oh that sounds like a bad idea. Yeah sure, Kakyoin is probably down for that. :D Star Platinum pops out of nowhere to light his smoke. That kid is freaking the hell out. Dude's gonna break his own brain on this. :D Where did he get that drink. Rrrrrrrrrrrraise the pot?! Oh no if you put Holly on the line you better win. Ohhhh that's brilliant. Calm down Avdol, that codpiece must be too tight you should take it off. D'arby broke. I feel like I know less about poker now than I did 20 minutes ago. Yaaay grandpa's back! :D Oh my god Jotaro. Y'all should at least loot his wallet before you go. Oh hey Iggy nice of you to join us.

Hunter- KICK HIS ASS KIDDO. Fuck off, douche brother. Meanwhile, call the cops on this lady. Oooh that's pretty. Please don't hurt my son. Gon honey that's a stick. Okay that's a really pretty stick. LITTLE HELP HERE, GUYS. Yeeeah you're not gonna get Kite back to normal. Aw fuck she's crazy again. Alright this time you shoud probably listen to your creepy brother's advice and get the hell out of there. Awwww Killua come here let me hug you. Uhhh what the hell? This would be so sweet if he wasn't about to get mauled. I'm gonna go fight his creepy brother myself. Good job son now kick that rabbit right in the dick. GOOD JOB I'M PROUD OF YOU. Ohhh fuck where's Gon? What the fuck. WHY IS THIS BITCH SO GODDAMN CREEPY. Gon is way too chill about this. What in the shit is this? Oh hey it's that one dude. Here bitch, focus on the dude your own age. Well thank god that whole child dating thing is over. Tiny robots! I love it when my kids are happy. Fuck you, Thundercat. I don't know why Knuckle needs to be shirtless when he fights but I appreciate it. Oh goddammit did I just get Knuckle killed.

Clover- This is gonna be stupid and annoying, I can tell. Yeah just go ahead and fight here, really fuck up the Wizard King's dining room you dumb shits. Who am I supposed to root for when everyone fighting is terrible? Your name is Nozzle and your hair is stupid, you don't have room to talk. I'm so tired. YOU PARTY RIGHT NOW. Well hey, this dude might actually be almost decent. Okay Boobs here is alright. Girl every time you compliment him my opinion of you goes down. And then everything was on fire. Of course it's zombies. You gotta destory the brain don't you idiots know anything. Yeah sure that model's cool but you could have probably just looked out the window. YOU'RE WHEREVER IT'S LOUDEST. Food girl being here has literally nothing to do with the episode. Buddy I guarantee you that I hate everything here more than you ever could.

Naruto- Sorry kids the honky abandoned you. I wish I could be in a coma for this show. She really shoud have beat him harder. Y'all realize that Sasuke is a massive douche and you're better off without him, right? Incorrect, both Naruto and Sakura and desperate to gargle Sasuke's asshole. Oh great, the one even worse than Sakura is crying. Shikamaru is so much better as a main character. Again, y'all could just accept that Sasuke is the worst and let him pay for his crimes. Yes Sakura you're awful and it's nice to see you finally accept that. I'm voting for the angry dude here. Yeah well maybe you should have bought stronger desks. I'm glad that someone else realizes this is bullshit. There sure are a lot of Uchihas for a clan that's almost extinct. HI there! Well at least somebody's enjoying this meeting. Sasuke is still thinking about breaking the record for most dicks in one mouth. Yes Sasuke is garbage and the sooner you realize it the better things will be. Oh great, this asshole is here.

5 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Hero- Well this kid's adorable... So he's like Asta only actually enjoyable ...

Jojo- Hope you didn't like that finger, buddy. Now break his spine for good measure.

Hunter- ...did I just get Knuckle killed.

Clover-  Your name is Nozzle and your hair is stupid, you don't have room to talk.

Naruto- I'm voting for the angry dude here. Yeah well maybe you should have bought stronger desks.

I feel like the timidity and lack of yelling (so far) make Izuku more agreeable.

That would've made the fight too easy. D'Arby wasn't a powerful fighter or have a particularly dangerous Stand, because for its powers to work, the opponent had to make the foolish decision to play D'Arby's game on his terms rather than simply use the offensive power of their own Stand to coerce him into giving them what they wanted. It required willful stupidity and impracticality on our group's part to make the conflict happen, and while we could expect that from Jean, it was a bit absurd coming from the others. Thus, Jotaro's assessment after the game was malarkey.

Possibly. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the C.A.s kill him.

They tried to pronounce it No-zell, but I'll agree that your pronunciation is at least as valid and more befitting his personality.

I loled.

DBS - Good luck against Black and Zamasu, Trunks. You did manage some powerful attacks, but I'm not sure they'll be enough.

I feel like Goku going missing for a day should be nothing new for Chi Chi, and especially not something she'd bring to Officer Krillin.

The Evil Containment Wave could be taught, but I recall from reading the manga that it took so much energy out of Roshi to contain Piccolo Daimaoh that it killed him. Sure, Goku has a lot more energy, but if he's using it on two powerful beings, it could still be a life-threatening maneuver.

DBZK -  When Goku was dead, he still had his physical body. Now that he's alive again, it's the same body. With that in mind, I'm not sure why Super Saiyan 3 would be notably harder to maintain when alive. Oh well.

Fat Buu helping Mr. Satan was fine, but Bee coming at Kid Buu and barking made me smile, because Bee is such a good doggie.

Once we get the wishes, lay the rest of your plan on us, Vegeta.

MHA - Izuku seems like a good kid, and it's cruel that his dream of being a powered hero seems dashed by his biology. That fact is strange, because if the majority of the population has some kind of power, then it must be a genetically dominant trait, and Izuku would have to manifest the now-recessive trait of being non-powered when both his parents had powers. That genetic expression isn't impossible, but it is unlikely.

The way that Katsuki talks and acts makes me think he'd be more likely to become a villain than a hero.

I presume that this national school for aspiring heroes teaches regular subjects in addition to classes that train the students to master their powers. If so, then it makes sense that they would allow non-powered students to take the entrance exams.

All Might strikes me as a good dude and a positive role model, but I am concerned that he looked like he coughed up some blood. Perhaps his power is too much for his body to withstand for prolonged periods, so he must power down most of the time in order to stay alive.

I can understand the bystanders being unconcerned about the clashes between powered heroes and villains, since the populace has had over three generations to acclimate to living with these fights.

FLCL - I'm ashamed it took me this long to notice, but the team the Martians would reference ancient Roman gods. With that in mind, they shouldn't explode offensively with the eruptions of Olympus, which is the home of the ancient Greek gods.

Canti's kanji when about to pitch his first game read "fire," which is funny given Mamimi confusing him for the god of black flame.

JoJo: SC - Jotaro was sharp to spot D'Arby's dirty dealing, but he also was either gutsy or foolhardy to bluff on a hand he didn't even see. It shifted the balance of power when he raised by betting Holly's soul beyond what D'Arby could cover without risk to himself. That made D'Arby question the "safe" bet he had and stress himself into premature aging, judging by his hair going gray, and eventually make him collapse into unconsciousness. While it worked to defeat him as a Stand User and recover Jean and Joseph's souls, they didn't get the information on Dio, his exact location, or his (which is to say Jonathan's) Stand.

Had Jotaro lost due to D'Arby cheating with the kid being in on the scam, I feel like D'Arby would've needed to go to Japan to claim Holly's soul, given the range of his Stand.

What was with that look to the camera, Iggy? You've done a whole lot of jack and some more squat for the last several Stand Users, so get that smug look off your face.

HxH - The fireflies on the tree and the sapling were pretty, but not so pretty that it would be worth sitting around without the sunset to watch as well. I respect Gon being forthright with Palm about his intended course of action regarding Kite, and I think she reacted severely. It's more than a little creepy that she used a mummified rare creature and blood magic. At least her teacher returned, so she shifted her attention back to him. In light of Palm's aggressive reaction, I'm glad for Gon that she effectively dumped him.

I don't think I fully understand how Killua overcame Illumi's brainwashing/conditioning. When Killua was able to act against the instructions and dodge the C.A., he did it after plunging one or more fingers into his forehead, potentially even into his brain. Did Illumi implant something physical into Killua which he removed there? Did Killua overstimulate a portion of his brain to override a neural connection? Did he destroy the neural connection, effectively giving himself an impromptu and entirely unsanitary lobotomy? What's the deal, show? Whatever the case, Killua overcame it and beheaded that C.A. rather deftly. I like that the head blinked in disbelief and looked for where its body was.

Knuckle and his teacher might have some problems with the cheetah C.A.'s pure speed.

BC - I repeat that Asta may have lacked refinement at the banquet, but his outburst was warranted in light of it being in defense of Noelle, who, in addition to Asta, Mimosa, and Yuno, had been subjected to overtly rude comments and, unique to herself prior to Asta's outburst, had even been physically accosted. Birth into a noble family doesn't give the other guests carte blanche to treat others horribly. They exceeded decorum themselves in their actions, and I was glad to see that at least Mimosa's cousins recognized that the others had gotten out of line, especially the Silva family, who engaged in multiple powerful magic attacks against Asta. The younger of Mimosa's cousins even went so far as to admire Asta's pluck and declare him a rival. I liked when he good-naturedly chided Asta that someone can have more than one rival.

As for the exiled guy and his attack, it was convenient to break up the tension at the banquet. I'm not sure whether his army were golems or zombies, but I'm inclined to think golems, since I doubt there were people buried under the streets of the Royal Capital. Either way, the Magic Knights and the other magical police would do well to go for attacks that destroy the heads of the swarming enemies.

While Asta's plan to go to where it's loudest makes some sense, it only works for Mimosa's cousins to find him if he does his usual yelling once he finds some enemies to fight.

I don't know how Charmy snuck in there, but there will be no dessert for the fat Golden Dawn member unless she activates the sheep cooks to make some when they return.

Give it up, Charlotte. Sol is never going to remember to address you by your rank.

Shippuden - The samurai leader dude laid out some valid points for why the other four Kage could be problematic for troop morale and/or mindset and force cohesion if placed in charge of the allied shinobi forces, but that's not the same as saying why Danzo should be in charge. I'm sure there's at least one reason for him not to be the leader, such as Blum!Mist ninja pointing out that he had a chakra signature of an Uchiha coming from part of his body. We know that he has an implanted Sharingan, which is the likely source of this foreign chakra signature, but the others at the summit presumably don't know that.

There sure was a lot of crying and angsting this episode over Sauce and the declaration that he was a rogue ninja. I feel like no more than 50% of it was warranted.

My take on Naruto's "suffering" regarding his promise is that while some of it is out of his sense of obligation to keep his word to Sakura, at least as much, if not more, is out of his desire to keep that same promise to and for himself, since that's a matter of personal integrity. Another aspect of it is the feeling, warranted or not, of personal failure in his powers and skills as a ninja to accomplish his objective.

I say that it's a waste of time for Naruto to obsess over what Sauce has or hasn't thought relative to his former teammates when Sauce isn't there for Naruto to ask him about it.

SD - Goku!Dandy was entirely too energetic. He must've eaten more than the others to keep up that kind of hyperactivity.

Underboob referee Honey was still hot.

GitS: SAC 2nd Gig - I'm not sure that I specifically noted that the special forces guys who were chasing Bato, Borma, Pazu and Saito noted that the equipment our quartet has, specifically the therm-optic camouflage, doesn't jive with the briefing they were given about some SDA regulars making off with the plutonium. Good on those guys for their observational skills.

Aside from Superman being the one with super-human hearing, not Spider-Man, it was neat. I hope any remaining Tachikomatic Days bits continue with this.

4 hours ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

FLCL - I'm ashamed it took me this long to notice, but the team the Martians would reference ancient Roman gods. With that in mind, they shouldn't explode offensively with the eruptions of Olympus, which is the home of the ancient Greek gods.

You sure they weren't referencing the volcano on Mars instead?

DRAGONBALL SUPER - That's it, the frontdoor schedule officially needs to get their fucking shit together. They're lucky I had the right rating already recorded in my logbook... Shut up, Black and Zamasu. BLAKKAROT. So far this appears to be an even match. Only further proof that these damned DBZ villains get more overpowered as the series goes on. :D That face he's making is more Krillin than anything else. SENZU BEANS. Man these fuckers are incorrigible. Oh Pilaf Gang, you so ignorant. Like I said, multiverse theory is a bitch. Put him in... THE POD. You missed the part where he killed Chi-Chi and Goten for no reason. NO RAMEN FOR YOU. For god's sake Chi-Chi you need to learn how to be more patient. And lenient too, I guess. Even after accepting Goku's the stronger one, Vegeta really doesn't like other people bringing it up. "Oh fuck, it's Chi-Chi." Well she isn't wrong. She's so out of the loop she doesn't know there is a loop. TIS BUT A FLESH WOUND. :D Chi-Chi cares more about Goten's alternate universe death than she does her own. Here's your flowchart, Krillin. Easily the solution is to poison them. Or just use the Mafuba, that works too. Remember back when Master Roshi was a badass? Huh, so Piccolo knows it too? :D It really sucks to be Turtle this week. That poor, poor weathervane. And then Beerus learned to take responsibility. Yeah, you're damn right it was the biggest mistake of your life.

DRAGONBALL Z KAI - MISTER SATAN! WE'RE SAVED! Dodging makes you strong, that's what Piccolo's been trying to tell us all these years. Oh shit, he's having a nicotine fit. When Mr. Satan sees an advantage, he grabs it and doesn't let go! Oh, so it was Majin Buu that caused his splitting headache. Quick, perform CPR on him! YOU WANNA PIECE OF THE WORLD CHAMP? Okay so he's still at least half in denial. NUUUUUUUUDGE. And he's doing that chest-banging thing again, I forget what that's supposed to mean. You mess with Satan, you mess with Buu. Even Vegeta is sick of Namek Time. BATTLE OF THE BUUS. Okay, I'll bite, what the hell even happened to Goku that made him like this? Two Buus is two too many for Vegeta. Oh, so the problem's just that he's alive. I know which Buu I'm rooting for in this fight. Do you? Vegeta has gone full meta. Don't be a stickler, Elder Kai, you know as well as I do that GT's been retconned. You gotta love these early-to-mid-'90s CGI light effects. Technically, it's New Namek, but you get the idea. Holy crap some of these Nameks are bigger than I remember. xD Finally, a good bait-and-switch for once! I'm liking Vegeta's plan already, though I'm surprised that Porunga can now bring back a bunch of people in one go. How repentant of him. -_- Or maybe that "one person per wish" limitation's still in effect. OR MAYBE NOT. Shut up, Elder Kai, this is for the greater good. And he now responds to English too, good for us!

MY HERO ACADEMIA - Fuck you small children and your ridiculous superpowers. Oh well, at least getting his ass beaten by them hasn't stopped our protagonist from keeping a positive attitude. Man, all these Porno Graffitti songs on my TV make me wish FMA hadn't just skipped straight to Ready Steady Go when it premiered. That is one bright baby. Hopefully the 20% aren't too bummed by being left out. Alright, so we've got strong dude, firefighter Spiderman, bishonen woodsman...  Hey, what's wrong with being a fanboy? DYNAMIC ENTRY. FUCK YEAH IT'S MY GIANTESS WAIFU. Scratch that, make that everyone's giantess waifu. Sucks to be you, tree boy. Is it wrong that I think that conniving face makes her look even more attractive? :x REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "So he's like Asta only actually enjoyable instead of god-awful." It helps that he doesn't scream all of his sentences. It's spelled "Oridera", subtitlers. You crazy kids flaunt your powers way too much. BURRRRRRRN. Now that I pause and look at it, some of these powers (stretchy neck, stretchy nose, stretchy cowlicks, giant ears) are kinda lame. Fuck you middle school children, you're all worse than the kids from Asta's orphanage. >:( And fuck you especially Bakugo, even Yuno at his dickiest was more likeable than you are right now. This guy doesn't look like he'll be important. And now it's time for Angel's boyfriend. :D Best soundbyte ever. I wanna punch Bakugo in his jerk face, I don't even care if I get burned in the process. He literally just told Deku to kill himself, this guy really deserves it now. >:( MILF alert. PARTY HARD. All Might: the hero Final Destination 2 deserved. I'd tell this doctor to fuck off too, but he seems to know what he's talking about. To think that if foot fetishism was never a thing, this discovery might not have been as huge as it apparently is. Those are some giant tears he's got. Even his own mother lost hope in him, now that has got to suck. BELIEVE IN THE DEKU WHO BELIEVES IN YOU. He just had to run into the one villain that's sensitive to loud noises. This is too /d/ for me. ALL MIGHT! HE'S SAVED! That is the most American attack name ever. :D I love this guy, I can understand why Deku thinks he's the coolest. Definite fanboy. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "Oh fuck he's dying isn't he." IT'S THE CURSE I TELL YA, THE CURSE! Fuck you, Bakugo's voice. The suspense in waiting for his answer is positively killing me, if that's even a thing. Holy shit, Bryce was in this episode, I'd better save this so I can thumb through it for his voice on the rewatch. Objectively better than Black Clover's first episode, though I personally think Asta's method of making up for his lack of powers (working out 24/7) is better than Deku's (having blind hope and ignoring those who shit-talk him). 8.5/10, hopefully Bakugo either dies or chills the fuck out.

FLCL - So was there any reason why the rival baseball team Haruko was playing for had a bunch of LGBT guys on it? I love Canti's catching positions. DAT ASS. :D That egg scene was the first thing FLCL-related my uncle ever saw, all because he set things up to record GITS that week in spite of it being BK Have It Your Way night. Amarao's intro music seems awfully hardcore for him, but I love it regardless. Dammit Naota, can't you see he's just trying to help you? From the text to the technobabble, this observation scene is Eva as shit. B| I didn't even realize it was Haruko's baseball that even caused that problem with the satellite. I get what you're trying to make us think, but what's the "extra layer" really? FUCK YEAH THE PILLOWS. I'd have guessed the drummer would be the first to go grey, he always looked the oldest out of the three. Bah, Nostradamus predicted jack shit. Puns relating kissing to mice are surprisingly plentiful in Japan. :D Oh shit I never realized they animated the cat's balls. This black-and-white with the occasional red scene further proves that FLCL is really kino. Jeez, it's only been one month since the start of the show? World record holder for most sugar cubes held in one hand, ladies and gentlemen. And then he was let in on the conspiracy. Amarao doesn't like it when you speak of his eyebrows. I understand only about half of what Mamimi's ranting about. God I love clips of events played out of order. He doesn't want her help but he's got no choice left. FUCK YEAH CRAZY SUNSHINE. :D Mamimi's photobombing. I always thought this episode had too much blood to avoid a violence subrating the first time; glad to see they fixed it. You gotta love female nosebleeds. SOOOOOOO HYPE. With a show like this, comments are good but it's best to just let it wash over you. TWIST ENDING: they're prosthetic eyebrows.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: STARDUST CRUSADERS - So we aren't doing a recap this time, we're just goin' straight into it. Jotaro, you so badass. And apparently no OP this time either. FLCL really takes a lot out of your timeslot, doesn't it. Remember to also take out the "rules on how to play stud poker" card. Avdol has a bad feeling about this. WTF I love poker now. This show is so educational, you wouldn't think it from first glance. He's here as a gamblin' man first, minion to DIO second. Shut up, Head. I need to learn how to play poker. Or at the very least, I need to start watching the World Series of Poker. Jotaro you're a madman. JOTARO YOU'RE A MADMAN. In other words, he doesn't know how to play the fiddle. Fuck you, small child. That's fucked up, D'Arby, if not improbable. CLEARLY HE NEEDS MORE CHIPS. See, I told you he had more chips. Hey, where'd the cigarette come from? Even the kid's poker face is starting to break. Wait, so the joker can stay in the deck? Mmm, blue drink. :D That tongue rolling, bah gawd. Talk about an absurdly high stakes game. He aged so many years in so little time, now that's losing your cool. Goes to show that ignorance is the key to victory. I missed what Polnareff said, I blame my DVR.

For all other riffs, refer to the video below.

Those are some ugly children you got, coffee lady.

HUNTER x HUNTER - Screw you Illumi, nobody likes you and whatever the hell you did to Killua's mind. Dammit Killua, screaming won't work unless your name happens to be Asta. Meanwhile, Gon's date's still going surprisingly well. [ONE HOUR LATER] You had her at "breeding season". Is it wrong that I hate Illumi more than this rabbit douche? Wow, that is a beautiful flower, for as barren as it is when there aren't any fireflies. "Kite will be back in two days." Will he, Gon? Will he? Is it possible for Chimera Ants to get erections, because I think rabbit douche is on the verge of having one. Speaking of which, THIS KILLS THE LADYBONER. All the positive parts of his life are flashing before his yes. And then he pulled the mind control needle out of his N.O. portal and un-lobotomized himself, or something equally ridiculous-sounding for something so moving. Don't fuck with Killua when he's at 100%. In the end, it was his head that was taken off the body. So now that Killua's free, does that mean he has a shot at beating Shoot now? I'm sorry, but Cabela's will never not sound like an Italian restaurant to me. Okay, now it's time to save Gon from getting shanked by Palm. Which Gon is apparently doing himself through the power of calligraphy. I kinda like Palm with nice hair but the scary face. Oh that? He just lost his N.O. virginity, that's all. PALM RAAAAAAAAAGE. [cue Benny Hill theme song] Well that's one way to cut yourself. She's a kniiiiiiiife... Knifin arooooooooound... Oh hey, it's glasses dude. Thank god, they're making sure they're mentally ready to see Kite's corpse. This Palm is a cute. :) Well at least she's not strictly pedo (for now). STATUS: DUMPED. Luckyyyyy, he got the golden robot. Knuckle's gonna tax him some cheetah-men. Though considering how fast he is, there's definitely gonna be some difficulty. REPLY TO ANGEL 3: "Oh goddammit did I just get Knuckle killed." IT'S THE CURSE I TELL YA, THE CURSE!

BLACK CLOVER - I browse 4chan's Toonami discussion every week, and I love that they made Yami the new drill sergeant guy that starts things off by yelling at Asta about how Demarco's screwing over their show. xD This dude looks like he's itching for revenge against somebody. MEANWHILE. I'm not sure if I can deal with the laughing that's obviously about to ensure. Huh, more silence than I expected. His determination is only making Mimosa even more aroused. Well at least the laughing was limited just to Noelle's bitch-ass siblings. "This ain't nothin'." It's official, this dude's the real Gaara knock-off. You fool, Asta's primary life goal is to fuck a nun, your "holy" water will only make him stronger! WE DUAL-WIELDING NOW. Even Captain Rat-tail has standards, it seems. If that's a reminder not to fuck with him, I don't know what is. You're surprisingly cool dudes, fire guys. As to be expected of Mimosa's near-immediate family. :) Yuno is Asta's "blue oni" rival, that makes Leo his "red oni" rival. Brown girl is the best. :x Fuck you, Noelle's family. Looks like we know where she got the "insect" nickname for Asta from. And then it was "A Song of Ice and Fire", literally! Even Asta can feel it, that just means they're super-strong. They were so busy arguing over class differences that they didn't even notice there's a frickin' zombie apocalypse happening outside. :D Okay, now this dude just wants to watch the world burn. Edgiest villain yet, right here. Maybe that's the reason why he was booted out of town? They're zombies, fellas, haven't you seen Night of the Living Dead, or at least Dawn of the Dead? It's a real thriller here in these streets. STONE DIORAMA NO JUTSU. Just when ripping off Naruto seemed like enough, now they've gone and ripped off Bleach. :D Because if anyone knows loud, it's Asta. They're just team-based arrangements, but at least Noelle doesn't have to go with her siblings. xD Holy shit Charmy's there and she knew about the room this whole time. Wow, she actually looks older when out of constant foodgasm mode. Never fear, stupid hair squad is here! Okay, so apparently everyone here has never even thought to consider that the dead would come back to life, even as brainless husks of their former selves. This guy's favorite type of person to kill is the kind who never sees it coming, age and gender notwithstanding. ASTA! SHE'S SAVED!

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - "Where'd that white guy go?" Unfortunate moments in dubbing history. Oh hey, there's actual buildings on top of Mt. Hokage now. Sai? Wanting to talk? Things must be serious, then. At least Naruto gets to sleep indoors. I don't think Angel's gonna get enough of watching Naruto get beat up by Karui. "Wasn't Kakashi with him?" Kakashi and Yamato. IF ONLY KIRCHEIS LADY TSUNADE WERE HERE. In the end, it was Sakura who had the true hard-on for Sasuke. I recognize that crying screencap! It's easy to forget that Ino also had a crush on Sasuke. Well Naruto is the main character, it makes sense to rely on him. Note that he said "stop" Sasuke, not necessarily "kill" him. It's all an endless cycle of vengeance, isn't it. She'll need about four to six hours to think about it. "He's willing to go that far?" Well it is Naruto. WHAT A DRAG COUNT: 1. That's true, you did cause him a lot of pain, and in more ways than the one you're referring to. At first I disliked the muffintop too, but now it's become as natural as watching Toonami on a Sunday morning. Meanwhile, more politics! That's true, there are no Cloud Akatsuki. I had a feeling Mifune would use that broken desk as an argument against the Raikage. Also good points against everyone else. It ain't Naruto unless someone, somewhere is using a visual jutsu. If Steve Blum says it, it must be true! Oh, so that eye really is a Byakugan, I thought I misheard what he really said as that, it's nice to see I wasn't hearing crazy or anything. Stupid sexy Zetsu... KILL WHITEY. If only you knew what Sasuke learned after killing Itachi that day, Naruto. SUDDENLY MADARA.

Dandy and GITS comments coming tomorrow, if not later this week.

[cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut]

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

DRAGONBALL SUPER - That's it, the frontdoor schedule officially needs to get their fucking shit together.

What did it say? A TV-14LV instead of just the V? The fact that it didn't even show My Hero Academia's rating, nor its episode title (which, admittedly, the cable guides also skipped) is enough ammo to not trust it.

Here are some thoughts:

• My Hero Academia: So the world went from being completely normal, to just having a bunch of superheroes show up one day. That's a pretty fun premise. It is a little surprising that the world immediately warmed up to them rather than some Incredibles-type shit happening where they caused property damage and unknowingly made things worse. It's nice to see some more idealistic superhero stories, of course.
    • I like Deku as an MC; the show isn't saying that he can't become a hero every ten seconds (it's closer to every minute instead, which is more tolerable), but he's such a nice, optimistic dude in general. Bakugo is an asshole through and through, but I'm sure the show will eventually portray him in a more approachable light, while All Might is the gold standard of the supers, with no negative qualities other than being really scraggly and weak-looking when he isn't transformed. On the other hand, that's a nice quality to have, because if you ever need a secret identity in this world (I don't know if they actually exist), all you need to do is hide somewhere and transform. Don't do it in a bathroom stall, though; Saki might be waiting.
    • For me, the two disappointments of this episode are that "shit" is apparently censored in this show (which has to be a licensor request), and we didn't get to see Deku's father and his fire-breathing Quirk. This was otherwise a solid premiere.
  • FLCL: Talk about... uh, explicit. B|
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: This was just an amazing episode. I think if I ever want to teach people what JoJo's is all about, this is one of the arcs I'd show them. Everything is just so crazy, and without much crude weirdness. In general, this one felt like a much-needed palate cleanser after the WTF-inducing Alessi episodes.
  • Hunter x Hunter: I've never seen an anime character who was yandere for multiple guys until now. Come on, it just doesn't work that way. Still, that must have been the best part of the episode, because I can barely remember anything from Killua's fight, if it was even that long.
Edited by Blatch
There is no edit reason