UnevenEdge

Trunks Thread 19.1: A New New Frontier

PokeNirvash

BLACK CLOVER - One of my favorite things about Pierrot is the fact that everyone complains about them being a QUALITY studio when much of the QUALITY actually comes from their taste in outsourcers, and their in-house episodes at least 50% of the time are competently made and sometimes well-animated. I don't speak for everyone but I do make a fair point when I say that Gauche was at his least worst this episode. And oh wow, some of these characters are showing up much earlier than I expected them to.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - You know what's more painful than watching an edgy episode of Shippuden? Watching an edgy episode of Shippuden while your sister is talking all sweet and diabetes-inducing to your new cat in literally the next room. That said, I'm alright with Naruto's reason for thinking of Sasuke as his friend (even if it isn't entirely believable in real-life terms), and I doubt he would've gone through with his revenge plans were he to actually think up of one that wasn't totally in line with his immaturity. I also spent most of the episode taking note of some of the more technical aspects of the episode's specific direction for reasons you can read about under some of the spoiler tags in the Anime Watching thread, and I'll say, the director did good for an outsourcing episode, flashback usage notwithstanding.

2 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

if yThat's not soon enough!

If you want to be more sad, Endeavor was supposed to be part of the UA staff, but was changed because it would have had too many power houses in the same place with All Might being on the staff.

So you can either have Fire DILF or ACTUAL ANGEL ALL MIGHT (surrogate)DILF.

Tonight on Toonami, the various UA students put their quirks and other various skills to the test as the obstacle course round races on, Goku gets back to training on Beerus's homeworld after a brief run-in with some ne'er-do-wells, friendly reminder that season 3 of Titan is in fact airing on American television, Levi's reunion with his former mentor turns into a fight right quick, the mayor of New York City shares with his constituents the story of how two Japanese girls changed his life, Josuke and his immediate family find themselves as the serial killer Angelo's next targets, the King has an existential crisis after saving Komugi's life, the fight in the cave isn't over yet as more enemies from the Midnight Sun pop in to have their turn at fighting Asta and Yami, in true Pierrot fashion Naruto and Sasuke reflect on the various stages of their rivalry instead of actually doing anything of value, friendly reminder that today's bargain day at the supermarket, Lupin's first dream in decades gives him the answers he needs to the "Dream of Italy" mystery, and the first rule of Mad Pierrot is you do not talk about Mad Pierrot.

10:00 - My Hero Academia #16 - In Their Own Quirky Ways - TV-14L

10:30 - Dragonball Super #77 - Let's Do It, Grand Zeno! The Universes' Best Tournament!! - TV-14LV

11:00 - Attack on Titan #38 - Smoke Signal - TV-14DLSV

11:30 - Attack on Titan #39 - Pain - TV-14SV

12:00 - Pop Team Epic #9 - Dancing With a Miracle - TV-14LV

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable #2 - Josuke Higashikata! Meets Angelo - TV-MALV

1:00 - Hunter x Hunter #109 - Taking Stock and Taking Action - TV-14V

1:30 - Black Clover #36 - Three Eyes - TV-14LV

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #216 - High-Level Shinobi - TV-14V

2:30 - One Punch Man #3 - The Obsessive Scientist - TV-14LV

3:00 - Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure #13 - The Dream of Italy, Part 2 - TV-14V

3:30 - Cowboy Bebop #20 - Pierrot le Fou - TV-MAV

THIS WEEK'S POP TEAM VOICES

• POPUKO A: Alexis Tipton (Niko, Fukuro, Honey, Mina Carolina, Erasa, Julia Crichton, Bebel Feng-Yi, Sophia Tyler, Kid Trunks, Mei Hatsume)
  • PIPIMI A: Kara Edwards (Excalibur Reaction Face Fairy, Videl, Goten)
  • POPUKO B: Justin Cook (Yusuke Urameshi, Russell Tringham, Dietrich von Lohengrin, Neil, Toji Suzuhara, Bellamy, Raditz, Teen Dende, Super Buu, Jack the Ripper, Eijiro Kirishima, Nomu)
  • PIPIMI B: Jerry Jewell (Suzaku, Tony Frost, Jimmy Kudo, Barry the Chopper, Happiness Bunny, Dio, Hyogo, Kaworu Nagisa, Hildon, Moblit Bayner, Licht, Principal Nezu)

[AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Regarding things Ang wrote, I'm not sure which of the people Iida brought made me happier to see between the gunslinger and Midnight, but both were good work on Iida's part.

There's no such thing as too much sugar. No. Such. Thing.

As to Dio's sex appeal for Ang, once again, Jonathan Joestar. Only the head is Dio's. The body, and the Stand which stemmed from it, are Jonathan's, just under misappropriated new ownership. Remember that fact every time Dio talks about his power; it was stolen. Straight up hijacked. Sure, he had to learn to use it, but it wasn't his until he stole it with Jonathan's body. Dio didn't even know he was taking it. This was all just a bonus for him.

Do you not remember Kenpachi? Yachiru called him Kenny all the time, and he was at least subjectively terrifying.

As for Poke's musings, I'm pretty sure Dio's OP shenanigans are the only reason we got a full OP here. I don't think we've had one before this.

As fanservice-y as Sally was, I reminded myself of the single most important piece of relationship advice (for a male) I've ever heard: you do not put your dick in crazy.

Another threefer not truly broken by episode.

DBS - Yeah, Barry was unsavory and had seeds of evil in him, so the escaped alien powering him up that much is understandable.

Good on Videl for seeing through Barry's petty motivations and noting the highly suspect nature of the photographs even existing. Also, she was right that Gohan didn't kiss the singer girl; the singer girl kissed him.

Aw, Pan said "Daddy." That was so cute!

Regarding Gohan fighting monster!Barry, I can fully believe that Gohan would still be tough enough to take whatever punishment was dished out, and it would be difficult for Gohan to limit his offensive output to be just sufficient to disable monster!Barry and render him unconscious.

I feel like the director was styled after someone, but I'm not sure who. Plus, the director was astute to spot the opportunity to record a different big battle that woud cost very little from a production standpoint. That is, unless the studio was put on the hook for the property damages that resulted from monster!Barry's rampage.

Wait a minute, Goten. How would a movie version of Gohan as Great Saiyaman be cool, but his live, in-person version be dorky? Make up your mind, kid. Chi Chi feels me here. Or was it Goku? I forget.

Yes, at the Super Saiyan level, Gohan can provide Goku with some decent sparring, but destroying the fields took it too far, even though the fight did look cool.

In other words, Krillin is having his mid-life crisis a little early, but the nostalgia is good, and it has the added benefit of making Marron proud of her daddy. He did have a point that in his fighting shape, he wouldn't have been hit by that shot at all, but the others did neglect that he saved the life of a fellow officer. Also, point of realism (I know, I know), the cabin of a car would be concealment only against automatic rifle fire, not cover. The engine block might stop some of the rounds, but don't count on it if you find yourself in an active shooter situation, but the engine block is likely to stop most handgun rounds.

So, if I remember correctly, Goku's secret to beating the magic apparitions was not to fight, and Krillin had to muster the courage to face those who've killed him previously without the aid of Goku. Okay. It was weird to see Krillin with a shaven head again after seeing him with hair through the Final Chapters of Kai and all of Super up to now.

Nimbus! ♥

MHA - The teleporting villain was right about All Might bluffing, and Izuku's intervention was timely. Regarding an exchange between Izuku and Handy, I feel like the disintegrating effect of Handy's quirk would take longer to engage than the almost instantaneous transmission of overwhelming force from One for All. I'm glad that the gunslinger hero was able to sharpshoot Handy's hand away from Izuku, though, so Izuku only suffered self-inflicted injuries in that exchange.

Related, I very much dig that there is a hero who is a gunslinger, but with astounding accuracy. I'm not sure what his quirk would be, but it's still satisfying that the show admits that even in a world of superpowers, firearms can still be effective.

It's completely logical that the villain with electricity powers was unfazed by the electricity kid's attack.

It's good that the other teachers are aware of All Might's secret limitation to his powers and are ready to act to protect it. While Izuku's injuries may have been within Recovery Girl's ability to treat, I feel like All Might being there was also to protect his secret. All Might's assessment that he may have reduced his capacity to use One for All is bad news, but I did expect it.

The Monstrosity complying with police orders says to me that one of its primary personality traits, be it genetically imparted, learned, or both, is obedience. It seems that as long as a command is issued with an authoritative tone, it will obey, unless it contradicts a prior order.

The group of villains were sent by a shadowy group of superiors. That doesn't sound good. It sounded even worse that one of them seemed to have inside knowledge of the happenings at U.A.

As much as All Might asking Izuku to have lunch with him made me smile, that didn't last long when we learned how much using Plus Ultra shortened All Might's ability to keep his hero form. I didn't expect All Might to write a letter to someone who is presumably his mentor, perhaps even the previous wielder of One for All.

The U.A. Sports Festival being a showcase for the students is great for those with professional hero(ine) aspirations, but I feel like the society is being jerks upon hearing how much the interest in the Olympics has declined. Presumably, anyone with a quirk would be barred from Olympic competition, and thus it would be the place to see contests between people who have, through thousands of hours of practice and training, honed their skills at their events to the pinnacle of human capability (well, the pinnacle of humans without some happy accident of birth granting them specific powers which would enable them to excel at something).

Ochako wanting to go pro to make money to support her parents is admirable enough. It's better than Izuku wanting to be like All Might and Bakugo wanting to show off how badass he thinks he is.

Bakugo is an ass, but it was fun to see him piss off the other class and the entire stadium audience, with the possible exception of any of his family members in attendance.

It can't be said that Shouto wasn't using good strategy when he used ice on the other competitors. It was a jerk move, though.

The squad of giant combat robots was unexpected this soon in the competition, but I'll be interested to see how the rest of them are taken down.

AoT 3: Third time's a charm - I'm cool with the plan to use Eren's Rogue to plug the hole at Shiganshina. Then the humans could start working toward reclaiming the lands between W. Maria and W. Rose.

Hange was great when she went to investigate Pastor Nick's murder. She all but accused the MPs of the deed right there, but the way she said it was such that they couldn't, with a transcription of her words, say that she did so.

Yeah, if we have a government, or factions within it, that would order soldiers to murder a man to keep him from sharing what he knows with other soldiers, then that's a government in need of reform or replacement. I recognize that if the public were to learn that the Walls contain titans, there would be panic. However, I feel like that could be mitigated at least somewhat by sharing Hange's findings about the association between sunlight and titan activity patterns. These titans have been deprived of light for decades, so they are no danger as long as the Walls are intact. The bigger problems are what to tell the populace about the history of the Walls, what connection these titans have with the history the government has tried to suppress, and how long the government knew what it knows. Preventing public panic is only a convenient facade for keeping the secrets of the Walls secret.

Hm, so they went with Team Decoy again. That's wise, but I still don't get why Eren calls Jean "horse-face," but there's a bigger problem. That problem is Armin being molested by that sleazy kidnapper. For one, it's very bad that the skeezer thinks he's molesting a teenage girl and sees nothing wrong there. For another, I feel like if he did discover Armin's sex, either he'd get mad, beat Armin, then possibly rape him anyway, or he would be unfazed by the revelation and continue with the molestation and/or rape anyway.

I gather from Levi's flashback that he was once a criminal. Whether organized or not, I don't know, but I would speculate that he was caught and given the choice of military service or prison. The problem with prison in this show is that it likely doesn't exist for serious criminals. Either they would use the death penalty or exile them beyond W. Maria, which would effectively be a death penalty.

I take issue with Kenny. My biggest issue isn't with the government employing a known murderer to make bothersome people go away; we know the government is packed with corrupt sleaze like that. My issue is his (and his associates' ) weapons. Those things were huge, veritable hand-cannons. Granted, they appeared to be air cannons, but still hand-cannons. Those likely would use an entire ODM gas canister per shot, which is likely why they had a quick-release and quick-mount system like we've seen for the swords. That's my problem - this is a world where gunpowder firearms exist. Granted, back in Trost when the cadets needed to kill a room full of titans in order to recharge their gas canisters, we're talking about black powder muzzleloaders, but still firearms. I feel like if the technology exists to pressurize gas for propellant, then it would be a society which could've invented cartridge firearms with magazines as well. The only reason for Kenny and co. to use the weapon system we saw was for the speed of reloading. The drawbacks, though, would be that the weapon system 1. would be much heavier, and 2. offer the capability to carry far fewer shots, as well as 3. the projectiles likely being much slower, which means 4. the projectiles would need to be much more massive to deliver lethal force. The heavier barrels would also mean that 5. it would be more difficult to aim. Thus, I feel like the weapon system would be inferior, on the whole, to firearms. Even if Kenny and co. had to carry several loaded pistols, that would likely be lighter and faster to switch out for the next shot.

FLCL: P - No, Haruko. Don't you dare dis Jinyu's sweet Kamina shades.

In other words, N.O. could be the secret to efficient space travel. However, it might be like Knov's portal power in that the sender must know the place where a payload or crew is being sent.

I wonder which has a greater influence on someone's N.O. potential between stress-associated compounds and ordinary puberty hormones.

We know that both Haruko and Jinyu have strength above the human norm, but I wonder if their guitars are composed of some super-dense material which would make them far heavier than an electric guitar should be. Ide's trouble swinging one makes me think it's heavier than it looks.

Canti gets all the ladies.

It's a shame that Hidomi and her mom had to have their heart-to-heart through the medium of a girl who presumably has been augmented with M.M. technology (Canti was originally one of M.M.'s robots). At least Aiko appeared to be a blank conduit at the time and thus would be unlikely to remember the touching conversation she facilitated.

Haruko OUT! :)

PTE - The tower of shogi masters was okay, but I'm really not sure what caused the Pipimi A.I. to explode after the furious exchange of moves.

The rehash of Popuko's furniture ambushing her to cause her to go back to sleep seemed like it was trying too hard to top the first time they did this bit. No, I'm not talking about the difference between the first and second half of the episode.

I couldn't tell what they were making, but that much sugar going into it struck me as this being analogous to people using a lot of condiments at restaurants giving rise to the smart-alec question, "hey, do you want some fries with your ketchup."

I preferred the Greg Ayers version of Popuko getting mad at a game, playing some more, then rage-quitting.

I would've fast-forwarded through the second version of Hellshake Yano, except I heard Ian Sinclair, and I had to hear his mouth guitar here.

Surely manatee is more expensive than beef in Japan. I mean, it's illegal here (as far as I know), but who knows about there.

The best part of the yakuza story for me was when Pipimi brought in a hater to resurrect Popuko with the power of sheer rage. At least, that's the scenario I would like to believe happened. It could've been a case of Popuko surviving the hit on her and faking her death to lure her and Pipimi's enemies into one place to kill them all in one fell swoop.

Don't believe the lie, Bob Epic Team!Popuko. That dance or whatever it was will never catch on. Its movements are too large and powerful.

I usually bake meats to cook them, because that's what's easiest for me, and I will usually let sausage links or patties (which are close enough to bacon) sit for 10 or 20 minutes after removing them from the oven before I use paper towels to absorb some of the grease out of them. Thus, I don't have the problem the bacon guy had with grabbing the meat while it's still very hot.

JoJo: SC - I'm far too tired to write about this right now. I've been up for over a day at this point, so I'll get around to it sometime.

JoJo: Diamond - I can't say that I'm fond of the shift in art style, but it won't drive me away. It just looks a little more... cartoony.

This criminal with a Stand is bad news. I expected deadly violence, but I didn't expect to see imagery suggestive of him raping the woman before killing her.

Um, Josuke? If you don't want people to mock your hair, perhaps you shouldn't be wearing a pompadour in the late 1990s. It's irrational to choose an odd hairstyle and then flip out when people comment on it.

What the crap was with Jotaro's hat? Even before Josuke used his Stand, it looked like the sides of the hat gave way to Jotaro's hair in the back.

In other words, had the Stardust Crusaders failed, we did have another hope waiting in the wings in the form of pre-schooler Josuke. Joseph, you scoundrel.

HxH - Wow. I'm not sure whether the nen Knov sensed was that of (one of) the Royal Guards, the C.A. King, or both, but it freaked him out completely. He didn't even bother to grab his shoes as he left. Also, it's more than a little gross that the one unfortunate C.A.'s head and decapitated body are just lying around in one of Knov's pocket dimension spaces, presumably beginning the process of decomposition, which they will continue to do until Knov goes there and removes them.

Morel and Leol share taste in music. Okay. Here's hoping Morel doesn't hesitate, especially when he and we have no idea what borrowed power Leol is about to use.

Yep, administrator dude wanted sex slaves. Here's hoping Palm doesn't get caught, because if Pitou takes control of her and uses her power to spy on the boys, Knov, Knuckle, Morel, and Shoot, then they're all in even deadlier danger.

Dang, the slave in the red dress was really tall.

I know Palm needed to infiltrate the palace to gather intelligence, but I really hope she didn't actually let the sleazy bureaucrat have sex with her. If she did, I really hope he wore a condom. He seems like the kind that wouldn't want the complicating factor of his sex slaves getting pregnant on him, so I would think he'd use protection. Regarding her sneaking around, I think someone detected her. That aura cloud looked like it was coming for her.

Oh, hey. Ikalgo stayed with Killua. I like that all Killua needed to do to pay his bill was call in an EFT. I also like that Killua clarified what it means to be friends to Ikalgo.

I want to call shenanigans on Morel using carbon dioxide poisoning to disable Leol. Unless Morel can somehow selectively breathe in only the oxygen, which would be even more hax than his superhuman breath control already is, then it would take quite a while for the carbon dioxide Leol exhaled to reach the concentration which would make him dizzy, give him a headache, and make him pass out, given the size of that chamber.

As for Morel knowing whose borrowed power that was, I feel like his indignation over that made him try to end things more quickly than he otherwise would've.

The actual way to spell Poof's name is d-r-a-m-a.

Yes, after several days of non-stop playing, the girl should be very tired, about to die of thirst, and famished. It wouldn't truly count as winning if she collapsed dead during a game, so letting her tend to her body's needs is only sporting.

We know the Hunters' plan won't go smoothly, but here's hoping at least Gon, Killua, and Knuckle make it out alive. I'm fine with Morel and Palm surviving as well. I don't expect Ikalgo, Meleoron, or Shoot to survive though. Actually, I don't expect Knuckle to survive either, but I would like it if he does.

BC - I looked up the crazy glasses woman, because I need a shorter way to refer to her, and I figured her name might work. It's Sally. I'm not sure I'll remember it right away, but I can try. Anyway, dang, was she bringing the fanservice. Also, I'm not sure how she was able to get near her superior (Licht, which I think literally means light... Oh no. No, no, no. Surely we're not about to have another pretentious and self-righteous villain named Light. Please, no. I know it's been more than ten years, but we're surely not due for that kind of douchebaggery again). He always does that blinding light thing, so unless her back is to it, she should also be unable to see to approach him and his spatial magic portals.

Good on you, Marie. You understand your brother's professional, and I would say ethical, obligation to help the abducted children, as well as his duty to his colleague. Yes, I get that unscrupulous nobles took advantage of your trusting parents and arranged their deaths in order to gain their assets, but being forced out of your home and made to fend for yourselves doesn't mean he gets to shirk his duty as a magic knight to protect citizens, like these children, from malevolent users of magic. Furthermore, I would say that the laws of the Clover Kingdom need some examination for reform if an orphan stealing food for his young sister to eat immediately constitutes a crime against the kingdom. Also, I'd totally support Gauche using his status as a magic knight and any resources available to him in that capacity to investigate his parents' deaths. If he can prove the unscrupulous guy(s?) were behind those murders, absolutely take that to the justice system (well, at least copies of the proof, with more copies left with powerful people he can trust, like his captain, maybe Fuegoleon, and Sister Theresa (the old nun) and the originals hidden in a place known only to him and Marie), and try to have the schemers prosecuted and their ill-gotten gains restored to his family.

When Gauche wondered whether Asta, upon saying he'd rather die than give up on protecting the children, was insane or stupid, my thought was, "oh, he's definitely both." I think that combination tends to make Asta more entertaining on the whole, but there are times when it can be wearisome.

Gauche using his mirror magic to create multiples of Asta must've been Ang's worst nightmare for this show, and of course they were all yelling. From an in-universe technical standpoint, though, I doubt the others were true copies. It would make sense for Gauche's copy to be able to use the same kind of magic that he uses, because he could impart some mana to it. I highly doubt it would be possible for magic to replicate the anti-magic effects of Asta's swords, and thus the copies would've simply been hacking at the mud monster with purely physical attacks.

It's a bad thing that the one mage here who can use recovery/healing magic is badly wounded. Get Sister Theresa to medical help a.s.a.p., guys.

I wrote regarding one of the previous episodes in this stretch that it felt like filler, but if both Asta and Gauche got new abilities in their grimoires and we got to see that Licht has a four-leaf clover grimoire, then this might actually be mostly canon. That means Rebecca trying to start a relationship with Asta could also be canon. Let the awkward pseudo-harem hijinks begin. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Hi there, Yami. I was glad to see you actually fight, because dang, were you awesome. Your backstory was okay, but it was made better by the way you told it. I enjoyed you actually trying to teach Asta how to be a better close-combat fighter, like a real military superior would, and it was more than a little surprising that Asta started picking up on your ki-sensing technique so quickly.

There's a show on the CW called The Outpost, and I feel like there are similarities between that show's M.C.'s past and revenge motive and Licht's, but that character doesn't seem like she wants to overthrow a national government and supplant it: she just wants to kill the individuals who killed her people.

I'll admit that Yami not being able to come up with a plan and shrugging it off as Future Yami's problem made me smile.

Good, Theresa is probably going to survive.

Angle of reflection aside, I can't see any particular problem with the idea of using a mirror to reflect the energy of a light magic attack. The physics could work. However, regarding the concept of dark and light magic, I feel like light should be the stronger of the two, provided the mages have relatively close mana levels, because darkness is simply the absence of light. As soon as some light is introduced, it's no longer truly dark. Around here, it only takes about 7 - 10 minutes from the first traces of the eastern sky lightening until there's no sign of black night sky on the western horizon.

Shippuden - I can only presume there was some kind of production delay or public emergency when this episode was made, because it struck me as 80-plus percent flashbacks. The only notable new development is that Naruto disobeyed a direct order when he chose to pursue Sauce, Sakura and Kakashi, in reverse order of how he'd likely encounter them.

At least Kakashi made sure the people Sakura drugged weren't dead. I'm probably alone in this, but I'm glad he saved Sakura from Sauce's cowardly attack. I have no hatred for her, so I don't want to see her die. Back to Kakashi, he may not be an Uchiha, but he is a practiced and skilled Sharingan user, so he was able to survive Sauce's Susanoo attack, but Kakashi is lucky that Sauce has used his eye hax extensively and thus reached his limit, making him at least temporarily blind.

Sakura, what the crap? Not only did you hesitate to kill a wounded person when it would've furthered your mission to kill Sauce by (maybe) earning his trust, but you also failed to take him out when he was blinded.

Seeing the multiple bite marks on Karin, I must wonder how often Sauce has gotten thrashed. Also, some of those marks are in rather suggestive areas. If Sakura knew that Sauce biting her heals him and restores his chakra, then she'd be right to question what they were doing when some of those bites happened, but then she'd get all insecure and jealous, and we don't need that.

I did watch the most recent one live, but I was very tired (being up for over a day and only getting a few hours of sleep before the shows makes it really easy to fall asleep during a show and need to rewind repeatedly) and didn't write any notes in Notepad, so I have very poor recollection of what happened. That said, two jonin and someone with jonin-level skills shouldn't be having this much trouble with one jonin-level ninja whose ninjutsu are largely visually-based when that one ninja is almost (temporarily) blind from overusing his special eyes.

I do remember Kakashi used his Mud Wall jutsu at some point, and I do like his Hokage Mountain-styled rendering of his Ninja Hounds on it. It's a nice touch on his part.

SD - Wait. I know we're dealing with a multiverse, but this contradicts the racing episode of the first season about Dandy being deified on some planet one billion years in the future. For one, Dandy rejected the opportunity to be a new god, so he shouldn't have been deified in the first place. For another, the Super Halkaider subjected all universes to both the Big Rip and then the Big Crunch, meaning there wouldn't be planets, much less habitable ones, yet.

Since the rough age of the multiverse in the present of the show is 14.8 billion years, then even if this is set in the future of the Bebop-verse, it's still over 1 billion years in our future. That means that the Bebop refrigerator lasted that long. Sure, in the vacuum of space, there wouldn't be much to cause it to degrade by rust, but it would still be susceptible to damage and erosion by micrometeorites during its interstellar (but not likely intergalactic) journey. Oh well. It was still a nice nod and corroborating clue that this is in the future of the Bebop-verse.

OPM - The brat with the big chin probably needed some therapy after seeing Crabalante's innards gush out of his eyestalk hole.

The fire in unemployed-jobseeker!Saitama's eyes showing up again in his dream about fighting the molemen was nice, but I must wonder if he has some kind of precognitive power, since he dreamed about the invasion before it happened, making him ready to thwart it with one kick.

Genos still looks cool, yo.

Here's my take on Genos' ≤ 20-word backstory: rogue cyborg killed his family. Scientist made him a cyborg. He has been seeking vengeance for years.

I feel like homeowners', business or rental insurance would be impossible to get in the world of OPM.

Lupin - Goemon may be a killer-for-hire, but he was chivalrous to try to keep a young girl from killing herself in the past and even more so in the present to save a woman's life.

Just because the assassinated dictator was evil and corrupt doesn't mean the Italian politician wasn't both of those things to hire the assassins to kill the dictator for the politician's personal and professional benefit.

If anyone is a true victim here, it's Zora. He was paralyzed in the process of using violence to protect his employer from a deadly, premeditated attack, and he was later murdered to further a corrupt politician's plan to eliminate witnesses.

I still find it hard to believe that no one recognized the wine guy. All he did to change his appearance was trim his beard and lose weight.

I refuse to blame Lupin for being blinded by his desire for Fujiko and agreeing to accompany her after agreeing to attend with Rebecca.

I'm not sure how Lupin impersonated Percival's voice. I feel like a modulating device or program would be involved there.

Remember, spies will abduct or kill anyone necessary to complete the mission, even the rich and famous.

1 hour ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

As fanservice-y as Sally was, I reminded myself of the single most important piece of relationship advice (for a male) I've ever heard: you do not put your dick in crazy.

The rehash of Popuko's furniture ambushing her to cause her to go back to sleep seemed like it was trying too hard to top the first time they did this bit. No, I'm not talking about the difference between the first and second half of the episode.

(Licht, which I think literally means light... Oh no. No, no, no. Surely we're not about to have another pretentious and self-righteous villain named Light. Please, no. I know it's been more than ten years, but we're surely not due for that kind of douchebaggery again)

Shippuden - I can only presume there was some kind of production delay or public emergency when this episode was made, because it struck me as 80-plus percent flashbacks.

Wise point, but it's anime, so I feel I can make a few exceptions here and there. For example, Nena Trinity may be in my harem of waifus (albeit a lesser one), but that doesn't mean I'd hook up with a spoiled brat who blows up weddings out of jealousy in real life.

When AC-bu adapts a Pop Team Epic sketch, they tend to dial things up to 11 regardless of whether or not it works. The comparison between the two "Are you upset?" sketches from episode 1 is a good example of that.

At least right now, Licht appears to value the safety and well-being of his comrades moreso than Light Yagami, so at least he's got that going for him, regardless of what we're in for.

The Shippuden episode(s) in question aired in the latter half of spring 2011, which puts their production approximately around the time of the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, so yeah, a public emergency sounds about right.

2 hours ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

What the crap was with Jotaro's hat? Even before Josuke used his Stand, it looked like the sides of the hat gave way to Jotaro's hair in the back.

In other words, had the Stardust Crusaders failed, we did have another hope waiting in the wings in the form of pre-schooler Josuke. Joseph, you scoundrel.

That's just how Jotaro wears hats. His black one did the same thing.

Nah, Josuke probably would have died from the stand illness too.

Man, that whole speech Suzie had a couple weeks ago about how Joseph had never disappointed her in 50 years together is kinda really sad now that we know he's a whore.

Hero- Simmer down there, Icy Hot. Aizawa is suffering and I'm enjoying it. Was that a clown boy? I'm proud of you, Hardboy. And then Hardboy 2. His parents named him Tetsu^4, they must have hated him. I love all these children and will adopt all of them except Bakugo. Yeah that near-death experience really taught them some valuable lessons. Do Iida's pipes retract or can he just never wear regular pants? I wonder how the invisible girl is getting through ths. That's a smart idea, Deku. BOOB CANNON. This seems ridiculiously simple for Uraraka. Goggles. She's got Attack on Titan toys. What's the deal with tired boy here. Haaaa he's Frozone. :D Iida is great. Random dog man. SHOW ME THE FIRE DILF ALREADY. Oh, Bakugo can't explode. Deku I think it's safe to drop the shield. Uhhh what just happened. LOOK AT HIM GO. I love my tiny buff son and I'm so proud of him. Aw fuck that landing's gonna kill him. Present Mic is having a great day. I mean getting third place would still be crazy impressive. THIS IS AWESOME. Joke's on you, Aizawa doesn't teach he just sleeps. Awww his mom. Go away, Fuckhands. I can't stop smiling. Shut up nerds he's adorable. NOISE NOISE NOISE. Bakugo's about to have a fucking stroke. Get it, Deku. :D Mineta you fucking loser. My kids did so good. Oh no poor sparkle boy. God, I'm gay. :D They're carrying All Might. Oh crap Deku you're screwed. This show is so good I don't even mind that All Might didn't go into big mode.

Titan- I like that Levi faces giant cannibal monsters with blistering indifference and yet Cowboy Kenny here is what really disturbs him. Okay this shot is genuinely awesome. The Hol Horse is strong in this one. No no the booze, I need that for Black Clover! Levi is definitely the best part of this show. Meanwhile, the others do nothing. Friendly bar wench, helping the bartender. Ouuuch right in the nipple. Levi doesn't fuck around. Jean you pansy. Whelp somebody's dead. Fuck off, rich dudes. Did Erwin lose an arm and I just forgot about it? Armin needs a hug. Damn Armin grew a pair this season. Goddammit Eren could you stop getting captured for one damn week. I agree Jean, you suck. Oh christ Armin broke. Surprisingly good motivational speaker Levi here. Oh no, plundering. I was not expecting this fat guy to be a decent dude. Eren sucks though, just let him get eaten. I enjoy Hange a lot. Somebody please get Armin some fucking therapy. You bastard leave that whore alone. Yeah that's nice and all but do you believe in keeping your goddamn kneecaps? The worst torture of all, your coworker saying mean things behind your back. Well that was easy. I still refuse to be afraid of Cowoby Kenny here. Wait isn't that Mikasa's name? Yeah this family reunion is gonna go just great.

PTE- Hand puns, go! BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. Gon would be proud of this arm wrestling. :D The car. THE COOLEST THING EVER. Sanji would be proud of that tuna. Swole mayor coming through. Poor rabbit. That is the only correct way to enjoy latte art. Aww, hugging. :D Not a hug. 1000 people out of 10, that math sounds about right. I bet the French bits are fun if you actually know what they're saying. :D I don't think the narrator sounded like this before. This turns out to be a great night for cowboy characters. I want this man to narrate every show from now on. Good job, Mayor Hol Horse. FRIENDSHIP SLAP.

Jojo- I love josuke's hot mom. Jesus that's fucked up. What IS it with this show and dogs. This OP is great it's like Jotaro's surrounded by a boyband. Hello there cute chef in the OP, you're going to die. Awwww hot mom still loves Joseph. Oh hell no you stay out of that milf. I like that she does't even react to getting punched through the chest. OH THAT'S A BASEBALL! You stay away from the nice grandpa you asshole! Well that's some disturbing news. GRANDPA NOOO. Jotaro you know what to do, restart his heart. Oh noooo. Josuke's gonna need a hug. Jotaro what are you talking about I literally saw you restart Joseph's heart two weeks ago. Protect that milf with your life. I volunteer to console the hot mom. Kick his ass, Jojos. Aw shit he can't heal himself. Aw shit it's rain. ORA. Boy jumps like Donky Kong. Cover your mouths! You dick, you kill his grandpa AND wreck his roof. Star Platinum is having none of this shit today. I like that Star changed his color scheme to white so he matches Jotaro's new outfit. Whelp he's dead, show's over. :D He swallowed a damn glove. I hope he broke some bones in that fall. Punch his jaw off, Josuke. And then he was a rock. Damn, Josuke really does not fuck aroun with villains. OH MAN I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG.

Hunter- FUCKING BIRDS. I love my kids. I hope Palm's not dead. What old job, was your family just ssending you out for murders back then? Oh hey Colt, your weird baby's gotten bigger. Uh guys you might not wanna be chilling on top of a building where everyone can see you. Alright Knuckle time to take your shirt off. You could just stop guarding him and see how things happen. You dramatic gay bastard. Y'all should probably just send out Karma Chameleon since his entire thing is hiding himself. Oh no, you guys should definitely be scared about this. Oh hey, he stopped being a little bitch. Oh dang he looks awful. Turtle Mewtwo learning a lesson in basic decency. Aw shit what's the butterfly douche doing. Whelp they're all drugged up. Wake up Knuckle you need to know things or you'll die. Quick, group hug while everyone's here. Well his douchebag brother jammed a brainwashing needle in his skull, that would probably bum me out too. Stop mentioning Kite you're gonna make me cry. Good luck everybody I hope you don't die. You were born just to give me nightmares, dude.

Clover- Why is this show not exclusively about Yami fighting and hating things? Every episode that sister fucker doesn't die is a wasted opportunity. Yami continues to be the single bright spot in this dumpster fire of a series. The fuck? Okay Yami's eulogy there is the first time this show ever made me laugh. Aaaand back to people I hate. They left you behind because you're awful. Oh hey, bird. Sorry nun you're not lucky enough to die your way out of this show. Hurry your shit up, Cap'n Sexy needs a beer. Jesus tapdancing christ, why is sister fucker allowed to exist. Whelp, you're all gonna die and I will miss exactly one of you. I'm already annoyed with these people. Man I hate it when you wear down a gym leader's pokemon and then they use a full restore on it. This entire thing seems pretentous and obnoxious. I continue to enjoy Yami not giving a single fuck. Oh that's just unfair. Aw crap there goes his sword. No don't have them stand back, use them as meatshields. Why does the only decent one have to die? This show isn't worthy of a PLUS ULTRA joke, even at its best. That was a close one, Yami almost gave a shit. Oh hey, something happened. Hey douchebag, thanks I guess. Thank you for pointing out how awful his hair is. Oh hey it's the lesbian. Oh yeah let's trust the guy who's literally named Jack the Ripper.

Naruto- That sure is a lot of eyes. Oh my god he's not your friend, Sasuke has literally never liked you. Is this just gonna be another pointless flashback episode because I have so much All Might porn I'd rather be looking at. It's too late for you dumbass, you're already a loser. Oh right, Flytrap Travis is in this show. Has Naruto finally realized that Sasuke is a piece of shit who'll never love him? Well that's creepy. Naruto you stupid bastard I hate you. This entire speech is cringy as shit. The whole thing comes off as a desperate stalker who thinks they can be together if he commits a murder/suicide. To be fair, I also don't respect you at all. Hey Sakura you're right, you are goddamn awful! Sasuke you stupid blind idiot. Sakura you fucking moron. Just kill the fangirl.

6 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Do Iida's pipes retract or can he just never wear regular pants?

They're always there and can just never wear regular pants. But it's mentioned in Ojiro's (Tail Boy) and Shoji's (Tentacle Kakashi) profiles that clothes modification is no big deal anymore so he probably has his pants special made. Iida is a good, good rich boy after all.

MY HERO ACADEMIA - A lot of these comments for the first two shows are gonna be repeats from my debut appearance during the episode discussions, so don't be surprised if you feel like you've read all this before. Yep, looks like this special intro is gonna be a thing from now on. "But I wish they prepared something a little more difficult." You're just saying that because you're overpowered, Icy-Hot. I froze them like that... ON PURPOSE! I miss Sonny Strait as Present Mic. What's clown dude's deal anyways. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu really is a fun name to say. I'm surprised Jam-Orbital hasn't thought to do an MHA fanart with Sero as the (offscreen) rigger, but I guess WossaRem beat him to the punch on that. But why's his face a bird though. YOU SAY RUN really is a recognizable piece, even if it takes you a while to get it. Damn, even Deku's getting in on the whole "taking down the robots awesomely" action. Momo is so cool she doesn't even need to try. The perfect obstacle course for the girl whose quirk is frog-being. I like this girl and her custom-made ODM gear already. I can't even tell why this guy is grinning like he is. :D Oh Iida, you and your silly poses. And now for the minesweeper round! Dammit why am I enjoying Bakugo so much this season, is it because Deku's not the only one he's acting like an ass towards? Oh hey, that random "boom" subtitle came from the guy with manga speech bubbles for a head. I just realized BONES loves coloring their explosions pink. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I'M WALKING ON AIR~. Smart move, Deku. :D Goddammit Mineta. And he's applying Anime Law of Physics #44, super smart move. Third place ain't bad, but if you gotta win first, then go right ahead. "Eraserhead is a terrible teacher!" xD YOU DID IT DEKU WE'RE SO PROUD. Guess you guys feel silly for chewing out his reckless act of attempted heroism then, don't you? :D Mt. Lady posing in the background. Handjob Man's watching too because of course he is. Speed lines of congratulation. Business class is a bunch of nerds. :D Of course the guy with Marge Simpson hair would be talking about appearance. Bakugo's anger at losing to Deku brings me joy. Hey, even if you did all that on the fly, you still did a great job. :D Goddammit Mineta. Oh hey, all of class 1-A made it in. :D Suck it, Aoyama. HAVE MY BABIES MIDNIGHT. Even if it's just a minor variation, her putting the domino mask back on is doing things for me. :x ISENMAN. As they say in the world of E-Card, only the slave can defeat the emperor. Whoa, surprise movie trailer. All Might had actual eyes, my worldview is shattered. Friendly reminder that just because Deku was Quirkless at one point, it doesn't mean he's the only one like that. When All Might stops smiling, shit's 'bout to get real. I know Toonami doesn't do movies anymore but I'm really hoping they air this one after season 3.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - The English dub for this new theme is pretty aight. Playing marbles with the universe. Yep, they're definitely literal children. What a beautiful day to sell some home-grown produce. Finally, Chi-Chi bitching at Goku without screeching like a harpy. That's some cute wildlife, whatever species they are. You poor fools, you think guns will seriously work on Goku. It's not that he doesn't know this is a robbery, he just doesn't care. Only Goku could headshot someone and succeed in making it non-fatal. FLICK. Huh, so a gun did work on him, albeit at the small scale. Nice to see that Krillin made good on that whole "getting stronger" promise. Hey, there's always a thrill in repeats if you haven't had them in a long while. Mmm, sweet bean cakes. I don't think even a half-Saiyan's arm would break as easy as you think it would. "...and does he earn a single zeni? No." Fuck you, Chi-Chi, he brought home a whole envelope of cash, don't go claiming he's incapable of making money like a complete dumbass. Oh Chi-Chi, you so unlikable. Holy shit, Goten acting polite, that's something I haven't seen before. Holy shit, Bulma has a secretary. "How... totally unlike you." :D She's pregnant, Goku, not overweight. That said, we really could have known how much time had passed before this point. Absolutely NEVER ever, ever, ever try this at home... unless you're an expert welder. FUN FACT: In case you missed it earlier, Goten and Trunks are one of the two voice pairs for tonight's Pop Team Epic. How surprisingly thoughtful of you, Goku. :D The original Dragonball villains are weenies. Those two are such god friends. Man, he's forgetful today. Goku apparently didn't get the memo that not all dads are deadbeats. xD Whis is the best boy. THIS IS THE FATE YOU CHOSE, VEGETA. Damn, I kinda wanna try those now. I can't hear the name "Zeni" without thinking of Zenigundam, but on the upside, I guess that means I'll be reading what posts of his I catch in Grand Zeno's voice. :D To quote Jet Black, there's nothing more cruel than a child. "Still, there was a reason for that." Yeah, reason being Zamasu was a intolerant bag of dicks. xD Oh Goku, you so endearing. Tournaments are fun, but also long and tiring. Welp, there goes Jupiter. I love their symmetrical hand-raising. KIDNEY PUNCH. C'mon Goku, it's just one cake, it won't take too lon-whup, nevermind. The World of the Kais is a zen place, there's no need for permanent structures. El Grande Padre... 1:57 o'clock. IT BEGINS!

ATTACK ON TITAN - Hoo boy, surprise TV-14SV. I'm not sure if Levi is scared, pissed off, or both. Fuck your wagon cover! I hate these new people and how they're just killing all these characters like they're not even there, I can't wait for Levi to eviscerate every last one of them. These complex ODM travel scenes are the best part of the show. He chose the bar to hide out in because he really needs a fucking drink right now. :D He may be a bastard, but I'm really enjoying Kenny. xD Fuck yeah Levi you are the best. Nice of you to join us, MP Dandy. If that bar was anything like the Winchester, maybe that little tidbit of knowledge would've been more obvious to you. Yeah, you better stare in speechless glory. Oh hey, Mikasa isn't wearing any makeup today. Jean, you fucking pussy. Meanwhile, boring political stuff. Wait, so that guy in the chair isn't Lord Reiss? REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "Did Erwin lose an arm and I just forgot about it?" Yeah, I'll admit I forgot about that too. Was Armin never told that Mikasa and Eren killed some guys when they were younger? Hot damn, so it was Armin all along. Levi wants to kill them, but Mikasa wants it more. Every time she screams Eren's name, take a drink. THERAPY CIRCLE, GO. I forgot this guy was in the first season. More political complexities. FOUR. Four S-bombs and they revoked the L subrating just like that!? It's official, Turner S&P is a bunch of blubbering idiots! CHUG CHUG CHUG. So they're gonna feed him to the Titans? Fuck you, MP guys. That must be merchant man's dumb son. Yup, called it. WE'RE RUNNING ON CRUNCH TIME HERE, PEOPLE. They tried to kill you, and you're telling me the whole self-defense excuse that exists for that scenario is worthless? Something tells me that whore he killed was Historia's mom. All that's left for this guy is to will himself to death. :o That was fast. This town really needs some indoor plumbing. YOU HEARD HIM RIGHT, LEVI IS AN ACKERMAN. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "Wait isn't that Mikasa's name?" Yep, and it explains how the two of them are both ungodly awesome and ambiguously Asian. Huh, that dude looks rather plain for the true king. Eren wishes he was anywhere else right now, including the stomach of the Titan that ate him.

POP TEAM EPIC - Terrible body part puns. Hey, the credits are back. FUN FACT: The original Japanese version of this sketch was in full glorious Engrish. Hee, they're Ghostbusters. Not even Black Robocop is strong enough to beat Pipimi in an arm-wrestling match. That's a huge fish. Okay, so this sketch definitely takes place before 2001. And that's how American Armin became Mayor Haggar. (The first time I watched that, I was unfamiliar with the man, so I thought he was just some Freddy Mercury cosplayer.) POPUKO 1, PIPIMI 2. H-HAYAI! Nice to see the uncool uncouth unsophisticated unchallenging old dude's hanging out with them now. Press this button for free hugs, mash it for free slaps across the face. The background art for this sketch is surprisingly good. EPIC RIMSHOT. French food is disgusting, Japanese is superior. MARKETING~! Even in the abstract block interstitial, Jerry just can't catch a break. :D There's no laughter on the second go-round. This version of the sketch, meanwhile, was performed in the Okinawa dialect. BLEEP COUNT: 1. The best thing about this episode is how everyone's complaining about all the jokes being forced and at points unfamiliar reference humor, so much that they don't even know the real joke is that Young Joseph treats Popuko and Pipimi like good friends and life mentors when the latter two aren't even aware of his existence. :D Their freestyle rapping. You're right, freedom is awesome! POPUKO 2, PIPIMI 2. That sure was some extreme patience. SLAP OF FRIENDSHIP. YNGWIE MALMSTEEN~. Didn't that biker couple pass by once already? Frenchie's sketch this week is poking fun at how French food has a strong odor, even when it sounds like it shouldn't. What exactly does Sosogu need saving from in her childhood hidey-hole anyways?

I swear I saw Gwen Tennyson in that sparse crowd of people on Dean's college campus.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE - Ooh, graphic language this week. Never trust the swole milkman. Boy rape, not even once. Eugh, no wonder they threw the death penalty at him. CUZ IT AIN'T JOJO WITHOUT A BRUTAL DOG MURDER. REPLY TO ANGEL 3: "What IS it with this show and dogs." Like I said, it's the easiest way to paint a villain as utterly reprehensible. And Angelo's joined that same exclusive group as Dio Brando, Rubber Soul, Pet Shop, and Vanilla "Cool" Ice. The man murder, on the other hand, is comparatively justified. This opening theme is so groovy, even the characters themselves can't help but dance to it. Long range STANDs are always the most troublesome, especially if their owner is as despicable as the Dan of Steel. THE ENEMY STAND IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE! Fisting his own mother, has he no shame? xD Mmm, I can smell the breakfast from the other side of my TV. (Or maybe it's just the kitchen I'm smelling it from.) Hee, he's playing the game Jotaro played against D'Arby Jr. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. I fear for Josuke's maternal grandpa's safety. Oh no, I like him already, he's a goner for sure! NO NO NO NO NO Nwait, they spoiled his death in the promo. Dammit, Demarco! >:( I love that Josuke's immediate response is to punch the little bastard. Good job, you made his corpse more presentable for the wake. STANDs can't bring the dead back to life, but apparently blood transfusions from dead vampires can. I remember being in a picture like that one; the closest I ever got to a rebellious phase. When one guardian of the town dies, another steps up to take their place. Law Enforcement 101. Rumor has it that solo cups those size were custom made for Andre the Giant. Oh hey, the narrator's back. Press F for Officer Higashikata. :( If he somehow got in your throat, I bet you anything Jotaro would just pull him out like he did with that nurse and Hierophant Green. 3 long boring days later... Thank you, Star Platinum. THE ENEMY STAND IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. Again. Just guh-reat. Something tells me Josuke has a plan for this in place. OH YEAHHHHH. Damn you, humidifier! Smart movin' there, Josuke. And he's outta here! You ain't talkin' your way outta this one, Angie Boy. And then he was a character from Part 8. :D SHIT COUNT: 8. Summer hits of the '90s are the best modern music genre, fight me.

HUNTER x HUNTER - Congratulations, King, you have a waifu. Ah, rural imagery. Ain't it amazing? Unlikely things do happen all the time, that's why suspension of disbelief is crucial to anime, and anyone who complains about it is watching it wrong. Oh, so that was Pitou's En that cornered Palm a while back. It's easy to forget that they have no idea about what's happening with the King. Aww, random child. Wow, they deduced that right quick. These people are probably fucked. I assure you, Knov isn't gonna do any teleporting for a while. Pouf, you narcissist. Huh, so he's still teleporting people then. And then Knov was Root A Kaneki. Those of the eyes of a man whose soul is looooong gone. I tried to get through the spot for The Nun with an outdated Leroy Jenkins meme, and I still got spooked. In other places, this was my first time seeing footage from Disenchanted after the months' worth of e-mails my uncle sent me regarding it. Bean's voice is okay, while Elfo's is just terrible. Eric Andre needed more lines. Definitely a critique on 2000s-era North Korea. Ah, so it's Pitou's fault, then. That's a huge load of people. His superpower is mass hypnosis. While Knov sees the negative, Morel sees the upside to that negative, that's why they work as a pair. Nice of you to join us, protagonists and Octo-squid. That's what happens when you pull out your obedience chip. Knuckle speaks the most sense. Geez, how long has Gon been in denial like this? If only everyone had scales of power that huge. I want that stopwatch. Sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a birthday. "But who am I really?" A Cell knockoff, that's what. Well, so much for the episode being all about his existential crisis. (Man, I have got to get better at these short synopses.)

BLACK CLOVER - Just as Angel predicted, Gauche acted as Yami's shield, but definitely not in the way she would've wanted. Stealing Gauche's credit, crushing Asta's head... Damn, Yami really is doing everything in his authority trying to salvage the show. Nobody cares about Finral. Wait what the hell we elves now? Hopefully Elf!Gauche wasn't as much of a siscon as his human reincarnation. Dead, alive, Fuegoleon's been avenged, that's what really matters. Ah, so that's where the bird disappeared to, totally forgot about him. Obviously padding but an amusing piece. "Why did they leave me behind?" Because you suck. :P Follow that bird! That robe is practically made out of concentrated courage, when it's really just textiles with slight magic enhancement. :D That cheap-ass fire effect. Oh Noelle, you so tsundere. He's the rare Greg Ayres villain who's actually on the path towards redemption. And now we play the waiting game. If only someone had brought a pack of cards... TCH TCH TCH. "That's a lotta mana..." "Oh, so that's why I couldn't sense it!" Writing "NEVER KNOWS BEST" on a Jenga tile may be a little tryhard towards capturing that FLCL feel, but at least it's better than using "overflow" like it's this month's hip new proper noun-verb. Hi there, dime store Steve Blum. This chick and her grimoire look awfully familiar. ANIME CLICHE #136: There's always someone stronger. Huh, surprise Japanese subtitles. For all its cliches, the girl being the edgiest one isn't one of them. "I'll sue you for copyright infringement!" :D Oh Yami, you so cool. MAGGOT COUNT: 1. That sword was a rare collector's item, very expensive! Shut the fuck up, fire girl. For a world full of magic, it sounds like familiars are really rare. This stubbornness is why Yami is the best character. SUDDENLY BACKUP. Shut up, Noelle's brother. Even Asta is ashamed of your ignorance, Gauche, and he's as ignorant as they come! Finral is underrated, and this rundown is why. Fuck you, Fana. REPLY TO ANGEL 4: "Oh yeah let's trust the guy who's literally named Jack the Ripper." Hey, better to be on his good side than risk fucking things up for everybody, especially in a situation like this.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - That's a lot of Uchiha eyes, I bet Madara harvested them all after Itachi's little massacre. Oh hey, I remember all these moments. The Gaara fight, though... not as much. xD I was hoping it would be a scene from the "unmasking Kakashi" filler, but this is fine too. I can only imagine what type of power a Rasengan-Chidori combination jutsu could accomplish. As I expected, Sasuke's mind hasn't changed. You'd be the only one calling him a loser in that circumstance. And back to the-oh it's a commercial break, never mind. I know The Truth is trying to do good by convincing people to not smoke, but holy shit I wish they would just stop existing already. ¬¬ Now back to the fight. White naked Travis is still white and naked. I'm surprised his clones haven't popped yet, I'll take that as Naruto getting better at retaining their forms. Madara's mask is off, but of course we don't see his face. MADARA IN. Well they are rivals. Pink fingernails, seriously? Ah, so that's what that telepathic conversation was all about. D-Did he just propose a lovers' suicide? You made a decent attempt with those words. Yep, definitely a lovers' suicide proposal. Whoa what happened to the audio there? Yessssss, feel useless, Sakura, it's all you're good for now. If I had a nickel for all the eye-related bullshit they pull in this franchise, I'd be amodestly rich man. And then he went all purple. Welp, he's dead, and it's all your fault, Sakura. When you take her back to the village, force her to get a restraining order against Sasuke. He's in so deep, he doesn't even care what the people he's promising to would think of his edgy pursuits.

Ah, Labor Day. A celebration of the work force, the process before childbirth, and the last day you can wear white without looking like a total putz. But most importantly, it's about not working. Toonami thinks because you don't have to work, it doesn't have to work either. And what does Toonami do when it doesn't have to work? It puts on a marathon. In this case, one that's half an hour past the block's bedtime, so can you say even then that they aren't working?

10:00 - My Hero Academia #1 - Izuku Midoriya: Origin - TV-14

10:30 - My Hero Academia #2 - What it Takes to Be a Hero - TV-14LV

11:00 - My Hero Academia #3 - Roaring Muscles - TV-14L

11:30 - My Hero Academia #4 - Start Line - TV-14V

12:00 - My Hero Academia #5 - What I Can Do For Now - TV-14L

12:30 - My Hero Academia #6 - Rage, You Damned Nerd - TV-14L

1:00 - My Hero Academia #7 - Deku vs. Kacchan - TV-14LV

1:30 - My Hero Academia #8 - Bakugo's Starting Line - TV-14LV

2:00 - My Hero Academia #9 - Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida! - TV-14L

2:30 - My Hero Academia #10 - Encounter with the Unknown - TV-14LV

3:00 - My Hero Academia #11 - Game Over - TV-14LSV

3:30 - My Hero Academia #12 - All Might - TV-14LV

4:00 - My Hero Academia #13 - In Each of Our Hearts - TV-14LV

[nahhhhhhh]

Edited by PokeNirvash

On 8/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, QueenoftheDorks said:

Jotaro's hat/hair in Part 3 was because Araki wanted him to be recognizable from behind so his hair blended into his hat... when Part 4 came around he couldn't very well give Jotaro a regular hat. That's too easy!

I never noticed that about Jotaro's old hat. Hm.

Just the old stuff for now, minus finally finishing JoJo: SC. That and MHA marathon should be before Saturday night. Should. No promises.

MHA - This was soooo much fun to watch. In a way, I'm glad I didn't watch this on the television, because my cheering may have gotten too loud for someone else who was sleeping in the house that Saturday night.

Both Shouto and Bakugo showed that they had good control over their quirks and were able to use them to accomplish the objective of getting through the course quickly. However, Izuku was observant, opportunistic (in a good way), and clever, using the robot armor to ride the cumulative shockwave of the mine explosions. Yes, the science of 1. the kind of explosion it was, 2. the materials of the armor, and 3. the human body's reaction to large, sudden forces mean we would be more likely to have a shrapnel-riddled, internal organ-liquefied Izuku than a flying one, but eh. I really liked when he used his trained muscles to put himself into a position where he could use the other two as leverage for one last blast to clear the minefield.

Regarding the others, I was surprised that Iida finished 6th. I feel like Momo's power is essentially transmutation, but she must start using things other than her clothing for source material if she ever wants Mineta to leave her in peace. Plus, she was absolutely right to hit him when he was clinging to her.

Ah, so the support course is for those looking for employment around the hero community, but they don't necessarily have or use quirks in constructing their inventions. Hooray for those who likely excel in math and hard sciences.

I liked Aizawa's insightful comment about the USJ incident survivors turning their fear into action, and his comment about the rate at which Class 1A was represented in the group that advanced being more about them firing up themselves than anything he taught them was good.

I'm not sure why Midnight took off her mask/stylized glasses for a few moments, but okay. As for the cavalry battle coming up next, I'm fine with team-based events, and I'm also fine with a graduated point system, but I feel like the valuations are off. For the lower places, the values went up by five points for each ascending place. Going by fives, that would make Izuku worth 210 points, but Shouto and Bakugo would be worth 205 and 200 points, respectively, meaning scoring from any of them would be of great benefit. For Izuku to be worth ten million points says to me that at some position, the scoring system changes drastically. It makes me wonder what the other nine of the top ten are worth. Yes, it paints a huge target on the obstacle race winner, but it could be possible for a team with the race winner on it to win, even if the winner is taken down, if they can get enough of the other top ten. We'll see how that goes.

DBS - Wait. Were the Zenis playing a "board game" with planets? If I saw what I think I saw, the lost "game pieces" were destroyed. While the planets in question weren't necessarily inhabited, some of them might have been. In that case, we're talking about millions, or even billions of sentient lifeforms, let alone the potentially trillions of other non-sentient living things, dying for a game. I know that Zeni is supposed to be dispassionately detached from the lower realm (the ordinary physical universe where the Earth and other planets are), but this strikes me as depraved indifference; the Zenis know that the planets could be inhabited, but they don't care whether they and their populations are destroyed. To me, that approach should be more in line with Beerus and the other Destroyers. There is hope, though, since the Zenis could also restore the planets when the game is done. We didn't see that happen, but it is possible.

I know from reading and the end of Kai that Trunks would have a younger sibling, so Bulma being pregnant isn't a complete surprise. As for the timing of it, we haven't seen her in a crop growing season (Goku sparred with Gohan just after tilling the fields, and now he has a crop ready for sale), so it is possible she was pregnant the last time we saw her in the show, but she wasn't showing yet. I will say "good man" to Vegeta, both for staying with his wife when she's close to delivering instead of running off to train with Goku and for admitting through actions that Bulma is still a good-looking woman.

This Tournament of Power sounds like a good excuse for a lot of battles, but I know from a co-worker spoiling me on some things that Beerus is right to be concerned regarding the details. Goku's battle addiction is about to have serious consequences for people he's never even imagined could exist, let alone met.

AoT 3: Third time's a charm - My dvr messed up and didn't record this like it was supposed to do. When I looked earlier in the day, it even listed it as set to record, but when I got up at 11:50 pm Eastern, it wasn't on the list of recorded shows (neither was MHA, which also showed that it was supposed to record). Thus, I had to C-roll the sub (same for MHA, but I watched AoT and wrote this section first), and I feel like I would've liked some of the English V.A. performances for this episode, but unless it reruns (which I suspect it eventually will), I won't get to hear them (at least for a while).

Biggest revelations of this episode to me were about familial relations. Levi's family name is Ackerman. I don't know whether that means he's Mikasa's cousin or a long-lost brother, but I guess outstanding physical prowess runs in the family. We also learned that Krista's dad is the true heir to the monarchy, meaning she's a princess and not just part of some Noble house. Now, whether that means that her dad is the brother of the king, who has no heirs of his own, or the "king" is a decoy figurehead to take pressure off Krista's dad, or if the "king" is some usurper who took power by some kind of coup, I don't know, but I hope we do learn those answers before the end of the show.

In the eyecatches that Toonami usually doesn't show us, in "information available for public disclosure," we learned that Kenny and his team were outfitted with gear specifically designed to combat people equipped with ODM gear. Part of that is the armor plating we saw on Kenny, but the rest was 1. a detail about the ODM rig that it makes their users move faster, which I take to mean at greater speed through more forceful propulsion in the form of gas canisters that can hold higher pressures, and 2. that the hand cannons they have appear to be magazine-fed with a capacity of six shots. It actually read, "six shots magazine x 2." It also pictured in the same section as that quote something that looked to me like six gas canisters rather than six cartridges. Now, I'm not sure whether that means that each hip rig holds six canisters or each canister can fire six times, but, in the latter case, the way compressed gas works would mean that each successive shot would be slower than the one before it, because there would be lower overall pressure in the canister. However, something I saw when a group of three guys were chasing Levi made me think that those may actually be cartridges in the picture, because it sure looked like the shots the guys fired had muzzle flashes. If these are actually firearms and not air cannons, then between the power of gunpowder and the size (diameter) of the projectiles as determined by the bore of the barrels, those would be horrible weapons to fire. Imagine firing a shotgun with one hand, but, unlike Levi in the bar, without the full mass of a long gun to mitigate the recoil. It would be a hand/wrist-breaker. If the military does truly have magazine-fed firearms, and those weapons are intended for use primarily against other humans, then the projectiles wouldn't need to be nearly that large. I can think of only two reasons for such large projectiles. First, large-caliber bullets could also be used against titans to slow them down, if necessary, and that's the positive interpretation, even though that "positive" scenario would mean titans had reached the interior, which is to say inside W. Rose. Second, and with no positive interpretation, is that the weapon isn't meant only to kill, but also to shock and terrify any nearby comrades/cohorts/associates of someone shot with it. It reminds me of a scene from the show Stargate: SG1. In it, the main team including Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson's characters, were training rebel Jaffa in how to use automatic firearms (if you don't know the show and the overarching story, go read about it yourself, because it would take too long to explain here). The Jaffa didn't see why they needed these new weapons instead of their energy staff weapons. To prove the point, Anderson's character asked them to fire at a suspended target log for some duration of time and counted the number of hits (three, if memory serves). He then instructed Tapping's character to shoot at the log with what I think was an FN P90 automatic rifle, but added the difficulty of telling one of the Jaffa to set the log swinging before clearing her to open fire. I don't think the log was fully severed, but it sustained dozens of hits in less time than the Jaffa with the staff weapon had. At the end of that comparative demonstration, Anderson's character said of the staff weapon that it "...is a weapon of terror. It's made to intimidate the enemy," and then said of the P90 that, "this is a weapon of war. It's made to kill your enemy." Given a later revelation by another character, I feel like the people designing the anti-ODM rig and its weapons more likely had the second motivation in mind.

Whoever this serial killer Kenny is, he's good, and it seems like he's quite familiar with Levi. That strikes me as something which will be problematic in the coming episodes, and that's going beyond his group succeeding in finding and abducting Eren and Krista to deliver them to her dad.

I would like to know more, show. It was said that barkeeps are allowed to own firearms for personal protection, which makes a degree of sense, because drunk people get in fights that can get out of hand, and the barkeep needs a way to keep things from escalating too far for their own safety and that of other non-belligerent patrons. However, specifically identifying barkeeps as being permitted to have firearms carries the implication that not all non-felons enjoy the same consideration from the government. If memory serves, we've seen that people in the rural areas have them for hunting purposes, but I want to know if firearm ownership is limited to people that the government determines have a lawful need or use for them. Now, if my speculation regarding the reason for the caliber of the anti-ODM rig sidearms is correct, then I would say the majority of law-abiding citizens have such a need, but I doubt the show's government would agree.

PTE - Armwrestling champion Pipimi taking on and beating not!Robocop made me smile. The cowboy drawl for the second-half mayor was fun, too.

Love being a hug is fine, but why was friendship a slap? Maybe it's because real friends will intervene to stop their friends from being obnoxious.

I take it that blurry!Bob Epic Team Popuko is capable of fast-dodging.

JoJo: Diamond - Ms. Higashikata was sharp to spot that the one milk had been compromised, but I was amazed that milk delivery was even still a thing at that time in Japan. The criminal called her hot, and I guess she's okay, but I'm not sure whether it's the shift in art style or her sour expression that makes me think she doesn't look that pretty.

No, show. The sanitary sewer system, the plumbing to which the drain would be connected, would not meet up with the supply lines for municipal water unless there were underground leaks in both. The only way for the water Stand to get in the pipe for the sink would be for it to come out of a drain in the house and make the jump through the air into a faucet.

Crazy Diamond's (C.D.) power to repair damage or restore things is quite useful, since it enabled Josuke to exorcise the water Stand from his mom. It does make sense, though that it couldn't revive his dead grandfather, only repair the mortal injuries to his body. In that case, Josuke didn't act quickly enough, because it would seem that he could heal mortal wounds, like the hole C.D. punched through his mom to blast the water Stand out of her, but because his grandfather was already dead, it was too late. Still, given the shenanigans Jotaro pulled with Joseph at the end of Stardust Crusaders, he has no room to speechify about Stands being unable to revive the dead. That's logical and narrative inconsistency there, author/writers.

Josuke truly is a Joestar, coming up with a crazy plan to use C.D.'s power to trap the water Stand in a reconstituted rubber glove after it entered him.

No, criminal guy. You are completely wrong. You attempted to use your Stand to kill Josuke and Jotaro, and you were a deadly threat through the power of your Stand. One tiny leak or tear in that glove, and your Stand would be back in the fight. Deadly violence against you would be justifiable. In the case of Josuke, there would also be the factor of him being the avenger of innocent blood, seeking natural justice against his grandfather's murderer. Thus, yes, they both, but especially Josuke, had the right to kill you, and I would say that Josuke did by encasing him in the rock. The criminal wouldn't be able to attend to his physiological needs, so he would die within days.

HxH - Our group of Hunters emerged pretty far from the Palace for only having ten minutes until the sorting started.

Yikes, Knov. I didn't expect your hair to shock white from the stress of the nen you felt in the palace. While you won't fight, at least you are going to help the group use your portals, and I can respect that.

Good luck finding Palm alive and getting her out safely, Ikalgo, though I'm not sure that she'd trust the word of a C.A. to escape with him.

Morel estimating his power to be at 35% almost certainly spells his doom.

It's impressive that Killua was able to work out that Pitou had to heal the King from the fact of Pitou's En subsiding during Knov's infiltration.

Poof's scales inducing a hypnotic state on the citizens is strange and rather convenient for their purposes.

BC - The three other Midnight Sun members were okay, but I don't think I buy them being stronger than captains. I mean, Yami alone fended them off for quite a while. Sure, the numbers game eventually would've caught up to him, but the other three captains (I agree with Finral about enjoying Charlotte's eyecandy) arrived to take the burden off him.

I feel like the defector from House Vermilion (well, I presume that's what she is, since she has red hair and fire powers) is Ang's proxy character in the show, what with the multiple declarations of hatred and trying to kill characters, but there is one notable difference; Ang wouldn't fight Yami unless he offered to remove his clothing if she could defeat him.

Shippuden - Wow, show. Even more flashbacks? Really?

So, Naruto is still resolved to return Sauce to Konoha. Sauce is still resolved to get revenge for his slain family, even though the majority of the clan was planning a revolt, and Itachi taking them out could be considered a preemptive strike. Sakura still couldn't get the job done alone. Kakashi was still the most competent one of them all, even knowing what was happening to Naruto when he really started feeling the effects of Sakura's poisoned kunai.

Ah, Sauce was going completely blind and will need an eye transplant to keep his sight and eye powers. Of all the Uchiha eyes available, Itachi's would likely be the most compatible since they were from Sauce's brother.

OPM - Missing bargain day at the supermarket is a big deal, and especially so for someone on a limited budget like Saitama.

Genos destroying the building did save them time in the form of removing the choice to go up seeking Dr. Genus, considering one might suspect he'd be on the top floor.

Lupin - Lupin's brain must be better at synthesis than Rebecca's, since he put the information together in one night when she couldn't after probably weeks of solid study over the years.

While spies may be more of a danger to any one person, Shadow People are still more terrifying, because spies will only go after targets of value, whereas Shadow People are indiscriminate.

Curse your photographic memory, Nyx. Millions of people get mind-hacked by Leonardo because of what you learned here.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:57 PM, FoleyisGood149 said:

MHA - I'm not sure why Midnight took off her mask/stylized glasses for a few moments, but okay.

Yes, it was hot so does the reason really matter?

Tonight on Toonami, Deku finds himself the target of all but one or two of his schoolmates as the cavalry battle round of the Sports Festival begins, El Grande Padre's announcement of the tournament details puts Goku in a considerably unflattering light, the Scouts prepare to rescue Eren and Historia from the most awkward family reunion for the latter, you saw it subbed now get ready to rewatch the supposedly better FLCL sequel in full English format, there's been a murder at the local inn and it's up to the police to solve it... unless Popuko and Pipimi beat them to it, with Angelo defeated Jotaro and Josuke's investigation shifts to who in Morioh gifted him his STAND, the King goes full isolationist as the selection begins, three of the other Magic Knight captains drop in to help Yami out against the Third Eye, the Raikage meets with the Land of Lightning's Daimyo to discuss the upcoming war, I wager the softest part of Speed o' Sound Sonic's body is stronger than Saitama's hardest, Zenigata decides to make his capture of Lupin worthwhile by making sure his various jailbreak attempts fail, and Jet learns a little something about feng shui while searching for an old associate of his.

10:00 - My Hero Academia #17 - Strategy, Strategy, Strategy - TV-14L

10:30 - Dragonball Super #78 - Even the Universes' Gods Are Appalled!? The Lose-and-Perish "Tournament of Power" - TV-14V

11:00 - Attack on Titan #40 - Old Story - TV-14LV

11:30 - FLCL Alternative #1 - Flying Memory - TV-14LV

12:00 - Pop Team Epic #10 - Ginza Hostess Detective - TV-14LV

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable #3 - The Nijimura Brothers, Part 1 - TV-MALV

1:00 - Hunter x Hunter #110 - Confusion and Expectation - TV-14DLS

1:30 - Black Clover #37 - The One With No Magic - TV-PG

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #217 - The Infiltrator - TV-PGV

2:30 - One Punch Man #4 - The Modern Ninja - TV-14LV

3:00 - Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure #14 - The End of Lupin III - TV-PGLS

3:30 - Cowboy Bebop #21 - Boogie Woogie Feng Shui - TV-14L

• POPUKO A: Emily Neves (Chelsea)
  • PIPIMI A: Jessica Calvello (Hange Zoe, Rip Van Winkle (Abridged ver.))
  • POPUKO B: Cris George (Beane, Yakon, Botamo, the Black Clover narrator, Rikido Sato, Death Arms, Flegel Reeves)
  • PIPIMI B: Christopher Bevins (Ridel, Gosaku, Hiroshi Morenos, Nico, Hanta Sero)

[squish]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Hero- I'm so proud of my green son. That picture of All Might being carried by normal people cracks me up. God I'm gay for Midnight. Hiiii Mt Lady. :D Bakugo you bastard. I enjoy that he's the only one who can make friends with Bakugo. Go away Mineta. Poor Deku. Awww yay thank you Ochaco. Goddammmit Iida I trusted you. I just noticed that Iida's the only one who wears shorts. Oh hey, Titan girl. :D I enjoy her. Oh sweet, she's got a jet pack. I hope you picked somebody good for your fourth person. This boy seems like a real douche. Aizawa, continuing to suffer. Oh cool, he picked Bird Friend. Icy Hot has a solid plan. HELLOOOOOO FIRE DILF. The plan is to use the Joestar secret technique. Use the jet pack! His shadow thing is so cool. Sorry invisible girl. Goddammit Mineta. Oh no the cool shoes. Aw crap here comes Bakugo. BIRD NO. Let's all point and laugh at Bakugo. Ohhh damn these kids had a plan all along. :D Bakugo's about to have a goddamn stroke. Hey Icy Hot, I'm gonna fuck your dad.

Titan- Sad backstory, go. Sounds like being a whore was a great career move for her. Give that girl a hug. Oh, that's unfortunate. This just keeps getting more tragic. How much worse can this get? Jesus this is awful. Oh, is that Cowboy Kenny? This guy sucks at making up names. Oh right, Eren's here. I got a real bad feeling about your dad, sweetie. Hange happened to his face. Good job you dumbass. I enjoy her. FUCK THIS TABLE. Levi, continuing to give no shits. Well that's horrifying. Oh hey, it's that old dude. I sure hope y'all aren't being spied on or anything. Grandpa here is surprisingly chill with this whole mutiny business. That sure is a lot of blood. You're banking a lot on the hope that the dude you tortured the shit out of wasn't just lying to you. That's probably not a good thing. Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine. This is sure getting shittier by the minute. Maybe you guys should take off those scout uniforms if you're trying to hide. You're a good due, Erwin. Oh shit. I like that Levi is just super chill about this whole thing.

FLCL- I don't remember anything that happened in April so this is basically all new to me. Kana's so cute. I relate to this fat one chugging Dr Pepper. Hi there, surprise Seitz? Good luck breaking your record on most losses. Shit I'm an adult and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I like this girl's plans to be a gold digger. We all want to be Sailor Moon. :D She works at Ramen Denny's. Fuck you lady I wanna go to space. Hey there Haruko. Haruko's checking out that forehead space. i feel like I missed out for never having a lesbian Jenga club in high school. LESBIAN ROCKET CLUB, GO. The most apathetic yaaay. Haruko's just gonna keep trying until she lands her space man. :D Diabetes doesn't wait for anyone. These girls are great and I love them. :D I like the one taking panty shots of her friend. I don't think you're going to space today. RIP rocket. Y'all should probably run. And now you're being attacked by the Rocky Horror intro. Thanks, Haruko. Quick, somebody get this lady a guitar. SO HARD. Dr Pepper solves all problems. Oh that's a big ol' bastard there. Yeah sure, Galactic Police, that makes sense. GUITAR TIME. That was awesome. Oh good they made another rocket. I love these kids. This is gonna be fun.

PTE- Horse. :D Shit manga stench. Thank you, Slacker God. That sounds like a tasty and inexpensive recipe. :D Steak is serious business. I don't know anything about soccer but this seems like a normal game. Bear traps are usually a bad idea. This is the closest thing you get to fanservice, enjoy it. :D Random hillbilly accent. They're the best detectives. MURDER. Cue the ominous lightning. Pipimi is the best whorehouse owner. SLAP. Well that was an easy mystery. :D You're getting killed next. :D One truth prevails, probably.

Jojo- Did you say Egypt? Fuck you, rock guy. Oh that can't be a good thing. Is...is that Polnareff? God that looks like it hurts. Dio, fucking shit up even from beyond the grave. Kill him, Josuke. OH SHIT HE SAID THE HAIR THING. Man, Josuke really does not fuck around. Worst of all, he got your hot as fuck Egyptian friend killed. Koichi's a good friend. Oh no something's up. OH NO KOICHI. Hi there, new douche. Hiiiii Josuke's hot mom. Awww, she still misses Joseph. :D Get a good look at him, milf. Aww Jotaro, that's sweet to comfort her. I miss Avdol. Meanwhile, Koichi's dying. OH FUCK THEY SHOT KOICHI. Heal him, Josuke. At least he gets a cool stand. PUNCH. Don't insult your brother, bro. Dude just wait like 20 seconds and he'll fight you. I hope that's not his jackoff hand. Aw crap I guess he can just erase shit with his power. Oh no stop you're giving me PTSD for Avdol. Aw crap that's actually a really good power. :D I kinda love this dumb bastard. Aw shit Koichi's still dying.  WATCH THE ROAD, JOTARO. I kinda miss Enya, she was fun.

Hunter- God this arc is creeping me out. Oh good, they haven't found Palm yet. Aw crap this wolf guy's gonna find Palm. You idiot why didn't you take your shoes! Uh kid I think you might have some Stockholm Syndrome. King just seems annoying as fuck to deal with. At this point he just deserves to get slaughtered. Oh my god you dramatic bitch. You're overthinking all of this, wolf dude. And then the intruder had a mental breakdown and ran away crying. Oh god don't involve that dramtic bastard. Yeah this sounds like a solid plan that won't go wrong at all. I'm so fucking uncomfortable with this guy. Good luck y'all, I hope you don't die. Knuckles so nice, I fear for his life. Karma Chameleon is getting withdrawls. Look at my cute kids sharing some juice. Oh jesus that's a fucking horrifying thought. I'd take those last three minutes to hug it out since everyone might die. HELLOOOOO SHIRTLESS KNUCKLE. Uh is that dragonfly guy supposed to be there with their team?

Clover- Thank god, Jack the Ripper is here. This series has no goddamn idea when to end an arc. Shut the fuck up, girl. Lady you're hot and your personality isn't festering garbage, have some standards for fuck's sake. Yami continues to be the single bright spot in this dumpster fire of a show. Tell me more about your ass, Yami. My dude she's a lesbian. Sorry if you like a big buff dude, the lesbians will never respect you. Okay Yami shitting on all the captains is hands down the highlight of this entire goddamn series. Blah blah blah, uninteresting side characters fight each other, I don't care. I would hate this show so much less if he just gave an insulting running commentary on every terrible fight. Goddammit Asta you're ruining everything. Great job you obnoxios sack of crap, now you're going to get everyone killed. Shut up shut up shut up shut up. Yami, still failing to give a single fuck. I'm okay with damn near everyone here being destroyed. Fuck off, sister fucker. Oh hell no don't seal it, I want to watch someone die here. Yes, let's all thank Jack the Ripper. SHUT UP ASTA. I'd say she made a good choice on Yami but he's literally the only fuckable man in this entire show so there wasn't much competition.

Naruto- Naruto you stupid bastard. I would absolutely prefer if Sakura was dead now. Sasuke is Sasuke, and unfortunately Sasuke is a total bag of dicks. Hi dog! Hey there, angry man! That blonde lady has an amazing rack. Please make that man stop rapping. Wow what a shock that shark dude wasn't dead, I'm so totally surprised. Hi, Flytrap Travis. Great job knocking your teammates out and leaving them on the side of the road like a trash bag, you dumbass. I'm too bored to care about any of this, show. STOP RAPPING GODDAMMIT. I still like how angry this girl is. Please god not a sentimental rap. Everyone take a minute to drag Naruto. They're the complete opposite but equally terrible. Fucking finally, a decent hokage. I like this guy's fancy hat. Oh jeus fucking christ please no. THANK YOU ANGRY MAN.

I just wanna look at the Jotaro View some more:

tumblr_o5pe8unZxR1sh11j9o1_500.gif

Edited by EmpressAngel

On 9/9/2018 at 2:34 AM, EmpressAngel said:

Clover- Lady you're hot and your personality isn't festering garbage, have some standards for fuck's sake. Yami continues to be the single bright spot in this dumpster fire of a show.

Easily the most contradictory set of statements this week, even moreso than Deku calling everyone an enemy shortly after Uraraka joined his team.

MY HERO ACADEMIA - Midnight is still the best woman, while Hatsume just took the position of best girl after her little preview two weeks ago. I'm glad that Deku managed to land himself a solid team. When no girl wants you to ride them in the non-sexual way, there's always Parasyte Dandy. :D Episode 1 Bakugo still triggers me right the fuck out, but I'm still at a loss as to whether I should root for him or the douchey blonde kid, after their little interaction. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "The best part about the MHA Tournament Arc is that, unlike most other shounen, it doesn't take 40 episodes for no reason."

DRAGONBALL SUPER - People say that Goku's a terrible person for dooming eleven universes to non-existence, but at least he regrets that's what his fightboner led to, so I'll take it. Though him saying hi to the Zenis after El Grande Padre (the Grand Minister, for those confused) warned him to stay silent makes me wonder just how hard he hit that rock as a kid. Universe 9 looks pretty alright, even though their ranks consist of three furries, a stoner Angel, a dwarf Destroyer, and a Supreme Kai who looks like he's after me money. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "Buu vs Deviantart"

ATTACK ON TITAN - Man, Historia's childhood sucked. Having your supposed mothers' first and last words being regret that you weren't aborted must be rough. Didn't expect the teacher that the MP guy mentioned was killed to be Erwin's dad. Hange is shaping up to be my new favorite character this season, assuming Sasha doesn't get another episode down the line. Any week without having to hear Bryce Papenbrook's voice is a good one, depending on who you ask. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "The way this opening is framed it makes it look like Eren hates kids."

FLCL ALTERNATIVE - I rewatched the subbed last week, so it was fun getting to hear the differences in the dialogue. Hijiri saying she'd marry a basketball player or rapper instead of a sports manager or CEO was the most obvious one, as well as the Ham Center becoming the Commie Center. I love hearing Pillows songs I listened to in the past and implemented into the now-lesser original work of mine in this show, that's part of the reason I love Progressive more than you. The music video during the commercial break for the ED was fun too. :) And, of course, Haruko is still a huge ball of fun. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "Another life saved by Dr. Pepper™"

POP TEAM EPIC - Ginza Hostess Pipimi is best girl, enough said. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: ">the sudden breakup But they were never together."

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE - Naturally DIO would be behind the events of this arc, with Enyaba playing a posthumous assist. "Yo, Angelo." :D Koichi got hit, I hope that arrow to his collarbone wasn't fatal. Okuyasu seems like a pretty fun if not slightly dim-witted villain, and I love both the design and power for his STAND. The Dirty Harry quote and Star Wars paraphrasing only made the episode better. I'm not sure if Jason Marnocha is some new guy who sounds like a Michael McConnohie impersonator or McConnohie himself using yet another alias, but I like his voice for Keicho. And did they have Vanilla Ice's VA voice Okuyasu on purpose? FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "...I love DIO and DIO accessories."

HUNTER x HUNTER - As long as it's taking for the sorting to begin and our protags to raid the compound, the various developments are still interesting enough to keep me hooked, what with the King going full isolationist, Youpi getting his shit smacked for once, wolf dude plotting to seize control of the behind-the-scenes kingly duties, and the reveal that Leol's female companion has fur on her chest and that's the part of her that's from the animals the Queen ate before now. I'm also planning on getting back into sketching and realized I suck at doing hands, so I spent a decent portion of the pre-raid discussion looking at Killua and Morel's hands. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: [on Hina's furry chest] "Well that's the first indication that she's not just a human who somehow tricked the ants into thinking she's one of their own."

BLACK CLOVER - If there's one thing I can agree with Angel on this week, it's that Yami's banter with the three captains was the sure highlight. I'll admit, Yami's predictable move serving as a distraction for a surprise Asta attack got me hyped. Even if the grimoire and swords technically aren't his, there has to be a reason he received them, right? FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT(S): "...Is Jack the Ripper literally just Kenpachi fused with Nnoitra?" "he's Orochimaru fused with a korean"

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - Stupid DVR failed to record/deleted the episode by itself, thank god for On Demand. It was weird seeing actual mouth animations under Kakashi's mask. Well that takes care of one spoiler for Boruto. I still unironically enjoy Bee's terrible raps, though Raikage kicking his ass for putting on a concert instead of doing something productive was entertaining as hell. FAVORITE 4CHAN COMMENT: "Kiba can never catch a break. Even Yamcha gets more respect and that's saying a lot."

Edited by PokeNirvash

On 9/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, EmpressAngel said:

I'm not proud of myself but damn if you don't have a point.

I think you called him Captain Sexy at one point, but I'm not certain, so it's not a far leap of imagination to concoct that scenario.

I had work last Saturday night (work is the reason I can't make time commitments days in advance for the weekends), meaning I wasn't able to watch the block live (well, I usually sleep in until 11:50 Eastern, so I do need to record the first four shows anyway, but you get the point). Since I haven't watched all the episodes yet, this is just the MHA marathon and finally the last couple episodes of JoJo: SC.

MHA - While Mrs. Midoryia is still on the cute side in the present, she was hot when Izuku was 4. Plus, I would think that the advent of quirks would be some time in between the 1880s and the 1920s, since she confirmed she was a fourth-generation quirk-user. We don't know how long it took for quirks to become really prevalent in the world, but I wouldn't think the first quirk-user would be much more than 50-ish years before the first Midoriya user.

Acting before your brain has a chance to think about it is usually bad, unless it's a reflex. Izuku's willingness to rush into danger for the sake of another, while admirable, is more likely at this point to turn out poorly.

Sooo, did Izuku get that discarded truck running to help him remove the garbage (as in he'd load it on the truck, then he or All Might would drive it to a proper dump for Izuku to unload it)? If so, good for him and his mechanic skills.

I feel like Endeavor would be more handsome if he wouldn't have the fire over his face.

Unequal consideration, judges. Ochako saved Izuku from an impending demise every bit as much as he saved  her. She should've had at least as many rescue points as he did.

Bakugo might need some pharmaceutical assistance with his rage issues.

I feel like there should've been some deactivation protocol for the "nuke." Ochako simply grabbing it didn't seem like enough to properly secure it, especially with a mostly-unscathed opponent still in the same room.

Now that I know what Momo's power is, her team having the materials to barricade the door makes a lot more sense.

"Emergency Exit" Iida is still a fun nickname, but a demolished security gate at the main entrance was a bad sign.

I think that the flames in the fire disaster area would be gas-fed and flowing around things that aren't typically considered flammable, like with artificial fireplaces.

There are times when Handy doesn't have the fingers spread on the extra hand over his face. How can he see what's happening when not looking through spaces made between the fingers?

If Shouto were willing to be more of an anti-hero than Aizawa, he probably could've taken out The Monstrosity by freezing it as hard as he could, and then All Might breaking free of its grip could've shattered it, brain included.

By now, all of you have likely figured out that I ride the conspiracy train so often that I have a prepaid pass. I want to be wrong in this speculation, but I feel like the inside man/one of the inside men in the hero community is Endeavor. He may be frustrated at perpetually being considered lower in the hero hierarchy than All Might, and he's reached the point of desperation so that he was willing to help (at least conceptually) in the creation of The Monstrosity in order to take out his competition.

JoJo: SC - Since it's been several weeks since I saw these episodes, my recollection of the events is very poor. Here are the main points I remember: 1. I really don't know how both Dio and Jotaro were levitating. It didn't make sense to me. 2. What the crap happened to Dio after he "drank" Joseph's blood? His hair changed, he got skinnier (Jonathan's body was a brick wall), and his color scheme changed. He looked more intimidating before becoming completely integrated head-to-body. 3. Yes, Dio gained longer time stoppages (these were even beyond Namekian seconds as well), but Jotaro was a quick study to not only use S.P.'s time powers, but to even freeze time in a time freeze, if I remember what happened correctly. 4. After the massive trauma to Jonathan's body, most of the blood would've spilled on the ground, so there wouldn't have been enough blood volume to make Joseph's circulatory system function, even if Jotaro could use S.P. to pump Joseph's heart, but that's not the only problem with reviving Joseph. There's also the fact that he wasn't just dead from wounds inflicted by Dio and The World, but he was warm and dead for several minutes (even accounting for time stoppages), meaning there would've been no preservative effect of cold on his brain, meaning his brain would've suffered massive cellular death due to the hypoxia. Even if an adequate blood volume could be put into his body and his circulatory system restarted, he would have catastrophic brain damage, leaving him most likely only able to operate his autonomic functions (breathing and heart beating), if that much. He could be so far gone he'd need life support machines just to stay alive. As much as I was pleased to see Joseph survive the show when several others didn't, nope. It wouldn't have worked just from the plain medical science standpoint. 5. What were you thinking, Jotaro? You should know from first-hand experience not to get on an airplane with Joseph. 6. I wonder what Joseph told Kakyoin's parent(s). It's unlikely Noriaki left without telling them with whom he was traveling, so they would be right to blame Joseph for failing to keep their son safe. 7. Hooray, Holly recovered, and I guess lil' Josuke did as well, if the Stand sickness hit him at all. 8. In all, it was a good installment, but parts of the Egypt Arc seemed to drag on, as if they needed to make a certain amount of content last for a set number of episodes, when that part of the show could've been three or four episodes shorter. Oh well. I was glad I watched it.

Edited by FoleyisGood149

This week on Toonami, with their mobility options limited Deku's team is forced to face off with everyone else in the cavalry battle's second half, Buu demonstrates why he was a force to be reckoned with back in the day as his tournament pre-game fight continues, the Scouts try to recruit as many MPs to their side as they can while trying to escape Trost, Kana's model friend gets into a relationship with a college student which I'm sure won't result in another giant robot attack ¬¬, four college students spend the night in a house in the mountains haunted by two familiar specters, Josuke enters the abandoned house on the corner to rescue Koichi from the wielder of the STAND arrow, after much delay the Chimera Ant Extermination team finally breaks into the palace, Asta and Yami report on the events of the previous arc (and be warned, there will be QUALITY), the Five Kage start officially preparing to form the Allied Shinobi Forces, Saitama and Genos go through the arduous process of becoming licensed heroes, Lupin tries to make some quick cash by nabbing the easiest target for art theft ever, and you know trouble's coming when you hear this tune in the distance.

10:00 - My Hero Academia #18 - Cavalry Battle Finale - TV-14LV

10:30 - Dragonball Super #79 - The 9th Universe's Kicking Basil vs. The 7th Universe's Majin Buu!! - TV-14LV

11:00 - Attack on Titan #41 - Trust - TV-MA

11:30 - FLCL Alternative #2 - Grown-Up Wannabe - TV-14V

12:00 - Pop Team Epic #11 - Cursed Mansion - TV-14DLV

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable #4 - The Nijimura Brothers, Part 2 - TV-MAV

1:00 - Hunter x Hunter #111 - Charge and Invade - TV-14L

1:30 - Black Clover #38 - The Magic Knight Captain Conference - TV-PG

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #218 - The Five Great Nations Mobilize - TV-PG

2:30 - One Punch Man #5 - The Ultimate Master - TV-14

3:00 - Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure #15 - Don't Move the Mona Lisa - TV-PGLV

3:30 - Cowboy Bebop #22 - Cowboy Funk - TV-14LV

• POPUKO A: Wendy Powell (Amick Hendar, Envy, Fever Demon, Sister Paula, Lil' Mama)
  • PIPIMI A: Cynthia Cranz (Botan, Mitch Tennison, Paninya, Mitzi Nohara, Bellemere, Rika Jinnouchi, Chi-Chi, Mrs. Briefs, Joana Belenbauza-Yamada, Daichi's Mother)
  • POPUKO B: Sean Schemmel (Genzo, Helmeppo (4Kids), Son Goku, King Kai, Goku Black, Flaste Schole)
  • PIPIMI B: Michael Sinterniklaas (Dean Venture, Otaku Senzuri, Leo, The Flying Pecker, Nnoitra Jiruga, Luppi, Shu Akitsu, Sobei, Kenji Koiso, Sora, Utakata, Dandy's Lawyer, Angelo Sauper, Mario)

4 hours ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

I feel like Endeavor would be more handsome if he wouldn't have the fire over his face.

I want to be wrong in this speculation, but I feel like the inside man/one of the inside men in the hero community is Endeavor.

As much as I was pleased to see Joseph survive the show when several others didn't, nope. 

Man, they really could not have made him more my type if they'd actively tried.

Fire DILF's not a teacher, though. He'd have no way of knowing what All Might's class schedule was.

I already lost Avdol twice just let me have Joseph without a bunch of questions.

Endeavor has his beard on fire all the time because he's the most extra. 

Also even if the training had been planned and he learned about it from Shoto---I can't even finish... he wouldn't care about Shoto enough to know what he was learning at school. He'd just assume it was "be #1" and leave it at that.

I have my own inside man theories but they're pretty much all against the grain of the common theories. 

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

The theory I subscribe to is that the inside man is

Hide contents

Kaminari

Season 3 spoilers and mild manga spoilers (nothing major)

Spoiler

But it falls apart once you take the Nomu lab raid. Everyone except Momo, Jirou, Hagakure, and Bakugo are in Deku's room when Kirishima tells him he overheard Momo tell the police that she planted the tracker on the Nomu and Kirishima announces that he plans to get Momo to give him another receiver and go after Bakugo. If Kaminari were the traitor then why wouldn't he pass that along? There's a chance that he could be reluctant to assist but he also went all out to help Momo and Jirou during the USJ attack when he could have just played that he couldn't really do anything powerful.

My personal theory is that the inside man is Aoyama but he is a reluctant participant. We see in his little mini-breakthrough during the license arc that he had a lot of trouble with his quirk before he got his belt and later on as he gets closer with Deku he tells him that his quirk used to hurt him a lot too (which is why Deku caught his attention). If someone nefarious happened to be the one who gave Aoyama and his family this belt, it's possible they could be threatening him or his family for cooperation. We know he was hiding alone during the USJ attack (he and Hagakure are the only ones who are listed as "Where?" on the location map in the manga) and he was hiding through most of the training camp assault and only interfered at the very last second (he also somehow separated from Momo despite being her partner on the walk.) We see that he's slowly becoming friends with other members of the class and that's why he didn't report the Nomu tracker. While Kaminari does get a big "don't mess with my friends!" speech in the license arc, for me it would make more sense for it to be Aoyama as Kirishima is already more friendly with the others. He's often ignored and overlooked by the class because of his personality which is largely a show which would allow him to observe the others and report in without having to make excuses. Now that he's around Deku and the others he's gaining more confidence in himself and trusting in his friends more which makes him second guess what is happening. 

I just like this theory more than either Kaminari or Hagakure would both be more outright deceitful if they were the traitor plus it builds on the focus given to Aoyama over the last few arcs. But honestly given the heavy influence of comic books I feel like we're gonna have the rug pulled out of under us if the traitor is ever revealed.

Hero- I'm roothing for you, bird friend. Go away, Mineta. Careful there lightning boy or you'll go into stupid mode. Aw crap the jetpack's broke. Don't hurt bird friend please. :D Bakugo's so fucking angry he's gonna kill this guy. Oh, he's douche Rogue. Hiiiii Endeavor. Oh no Iida what are you doing. Aw shit they got it. Do it for the cute girl, Deku! Kid no don't break all your limbs now. I'm never gonna remember most of these 1-B kids. SO ANGRY. :D He doesn't even know their names. The one thing they didn't count on, Bakugo's horrific anger issues. Icy Hot is perturbed. Grab all the headbands to make sure. FUUUUUCK. Aw shit lightning boy. This is so fucking intense why can't real sports be this fun. Cue the sad trombone music. Oh hey, tired boy is here. THANK YOU BIRD FRIEND. Oh Icy Hot, you and your daddy issues. Hey Icy Hot, I'm gonna fuck your dad. :D Aizawa continues to suffer. I love all these kids. Just shove me between All Might and Endeavor here and I can die happy.

Titan- Oh right, it's these assholes. At least one dude here can think. This is clearly not a trap. Levi doesn't fuck around. Don't squeal, Erwin. I'm surprised that they have journalists at all here. Run, Fatass! Jesus what kind of arm strength do you need to haul that guy up? Hey Hange. Fucking Cowboy Kenny, at it again. Fatass raises a good point. Sorry lady, Levi could not give less of a fuck. Oh you stupid bitch. Oh hey, you made a friend. What the fuck, Jean. He raises a good point, that hair is awful. You're a good due, Bowl Cut. :D Stick. Man I hope these two don't fuck you over to save their own skins. YEEEHAAWW. This guy looks like Gold Roger's brother with a less impressive mustache. RIP Fatass. Yeah this is definitely not a trap at all. Convenient Hange to the rescue. Wow what a shock that was a trap all along. Oh that's an unfortunate teabagging. SLOW CLAP. At least Levi's having some fun. Aw fuck now you've gotta save Erwin. Hey Mikasa, time for a family reunion. Do you think Matt Mercer ever gets confused about which of his gruff, exhausted badass characters he's recording for? Hey Erwin you doing okay there? Yeah that doesn't sound ominous at all. Oh yeah I'm sure your nefarious rich guy plot is gonna go off without a hitch.

FLCL- I love these girls. Get it, girl. :D I like the fat one. Gee i wonder why she won't date any of them. Just tell him you like him. Oh honey, you tried. Puppies! Hi there, food truck Haruko. Meeeeat. Too much hot sauce. The trick to not being jealous of your friends is to never have any friends cooler than you. Stop dumping in the spice! Don't be a grown up, being an adult sucks. Oh you asshole what have you done. Whelp, this is going to hell. You can never go wrong with It's Raining Men at karaoke. I like the fat girl's meat icon. Oh nooo. Surely this will go well. WHELP. :D Neko-lace. WHEEEEELP. Ah crap it's a Transformer. Oh shit did she just pull Optimus Prime out of her head? Nice license. :D I've got a GIANT penis! Should have let that pole crush him. She's a better driver than I am. :D Eco-friendly mecha. :D MICHAEL BAY. Forget him, don't date him. Let the fat one punch him. You go, girl. THANK YOU HARUKO. She's right, size does matter and that's why All Might is my boyfriend.

PTE- Oh hey, new OP. This sure is a thing alright. Hashtag perfect. I'm sure no one's about to be murdered by ghosts. Sorry you're caught in The Shining now. Somebody's about to get axe-murdered. :D And here we go. Well, I've had worse weekends. I love the jetpack swing. Good job, Mayor Birds. They were in-TREE-rested alright. Oh right science, that makes sense. This is still the best cooking show. Wow look at these frames. Will we ever get to understand the French guy? Happy shark! Man, I'd watc hthe shit out of Girldrop. :D We get commentary this time. I want this man to narrate everything in my life. :D And then he handed me the vomit bag. At last, French subs!

Jojo- Kick his ass, Josuke! You pretentious asshole. NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Good job you shot your brother. Do't insult your brother after you shot him in the face. Wow what a dick. Meanwhile Koichi is super dead now. You're a good boy, Josuke. Okuyasu doesn't understand kindness. Y'all are gonna be best friends. Oh man that is a lot of blood to come out of that tiny little body. OKUYASU BE QUIET. Oh man he is so friggin dead. Aww that's nice he's helping. Oh hey, Koichi's alive. Is...is his stand mice or something? Why does Shining Diamond have such a well-defined ass? Ha, it's toy soldiers. No not his pretty face he needs that! Call Jotaro to freeze time. Aw shit he's got helicopters too. Oh shit, Koichi can see them now. HE'S GETTING A STAND. Why does everyone in this show wear multiple belts? Koichi did you lay this egg? Oh shit it's hatching. SEARGENT BRO. Oh DAMN don't insult his hair. :D Koichi's plan is just to throw an egg at him. Okuyasu, go help your new best friend. Just don't touch his hair. Josuke's so cool. EAT SHIT, SEARGENT BRO.

Hunter- I guess dragonfly guy is on their side now? I fear deeply for shritless Knuckle. Oh I hope these skydiving dudes are friends. Take out the dramatic butterfly first. Is that a fucking dragon?! Great job cat, I'm sure that won't come back to bite you in the ass. That's sure an assload of arrows. Oh hey it's the old man, finally. I think this is Killua's grandpa but I don't realy remember because last time I was too distracted by his sexy dad to pay attention. EAT SHIT, CAT. Damn dude was ripped back in the day. That training is Saitama-approved. Okay this is just an excessive amount of punching now. May we all look so good at 50. Man's got some Joestar genes going on here. So he's like 110, got it. Aw damn that's a good anchor plan. Oh fuck he's right there next to you y'all are gonna die. Please don't kill shirtless Knuckle or my kids.

Clover- God I wish you were dead. Oh hey, it's the other people. Christ girl why are you so fucking awful. Mimosa have some fucking standards, you're actually decent. Shut the fuck up. Every week that sister fucker isn't violently murdered is a waste of my life. Mother of fuck just leave that poor nun alone. Wow what a surprise, dudes like girls who don't have the personality of a dumpster fire. HAVE SOME STANDARDS, BITCH. God I wish I was that drunk right now. This is excruciating. Wizard King continues to do jack shit during actual fights. If you're depending on Asta you're gonna be disappointed. Yami giving zero fucks is still by far the best thing about this show. The traitor is dimestore Griffith, you idiots. Asta's sparkle eyes make me want to die. MIND TAKER OOOWEEEOOO. Meanwhile at the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. I like that they just ripped off Zoro wholesale on him. Please insult them more. TOTALLY NOT EVIL. :D Okay that boneless ham insult actually made me laugh, it's a Christmas miracle. I wish I could sleep through this. It's dinestore Griffith because this series is absolutely not competent enough to pull off a red herring.

Naruto- Dog squad! Who the shit are these guys? Hey look, it's the only kid in town I like and his two flunkies. Hi hot lady. Yeah sure keep thinking that. I can't stop staring at her tits. Why are there so many Blums in this show. Is this another episode that's just gonna be flashbacks to shit we've already seen? I mean, if the world ends technically there won't be any war. With your powers combined, you can summon Captain Planet. Why is anyone ever surprised that Sasuke is a piece of shit? Oh right, that dude's thing is puppets. Okay but when your friend's a piece of shit who tries to murder everyone, you should probably just cut your losses. Shut up you obnoxious brats.

Poke: I think Ang was talking about the woman with the fire salamander familiar being so devoted to Licht in the first sentence you quoted. Either that, or she meant Rebecca needing standards in regards to Asta. I'm not sure which, because either is plausible. Regardless of  which she meant, the part about Yami was an unrelated thought.

Ang: You're forgetting about Fuegoleon. He is handsome, only somewhat arrogant, but also a fair and honorable man who believes in teaching his subordinates and leading in battle. He also has fire powers.

Also, yes, I'm fairly certain the mistress (or was it prostitute? That was the episode I had to C-roll, and I don't remember exactly what I read) and the teacher Kenny mentioned killing to Levi were Krista's bio-mom and Erwin's dad, respectively.

While I didn't have work, I did interact with diurnal people on their schedule on Saturday, so I slept in until 1:00 A.M. Eastern and chose to listen to Coast to Coast AM live instead of watching the block and set all the shows, minus CB, to record. Thus, this is just the stuff from last week.

MHA - Thank you, Ochako, for breaking Izuku out of his over-analyzing and/or fear paralysis to figure out how to make an evasive team.

It's easy to forget that Tsu isn't very tall herself, so she could hide in Shouji's arm enclosure with Mineta. When the grabbing potential of her tongue is taken into account, they did devise a good plan as a team, even if it was contingent on Shouji being able to carry them the whole time.

Mei (gadget girl) was a good addition to Izuku's team to make the "super run away" strategy work, and Fumikage's shadow powers were very effective defensively.

The snobby guy and his team were able to capitalize on the distraction that Izuku's team provided by merely being in the competition. I can't say it was the most sporting approach, but it was shrewd. If we extend the idea to fighting villains, it would be far safer for the hero and any bystanders to blindside a distracted villain than to announce their arrival and go at the villain head-on.

It's wild speculation time: Something Shouto said made me think that something horrible happened in the Todoroki family past. He said he doesn't use his fire powers in combat. Every time I've seen Endeavor, he's had a stern expression on his face (though that could just be an intimidating effect of the flames over his face), even when watching his son compete here. For Shouto not to want to use his fire powers against another person, I feel like he may have done so, whether intentionally or inadvertently, in the past and horribly wounded someone. Standard tragic shounen backstory would make it most likely that his mom was hurt, possibly even killed, by an unintentional use of his fire powers, but it could be worse. As the son of a high-ranking hero, he could've been pushed to train with his powers at an inappropriately young age, and it might be that when training with his mom, she encouraged him to use his fire powers, but she underestimated the power he had and was unable to block or evade the attack. Yes, this is a very pessimistic speculation, and I hope that I'm wrong and Mrs. Todoroki is alive and well, but the scenario I laid out being true wouldn't surprise me.

DBS - Yes, Grand Minister, lay all the blame on Goku for the impending dooms of 11 universes. It's not like the Zenis, who presumably came up with the idea to impose consequences for failure rather than rewarding success, are the ones who will blink those universes out of existence or anything. Though, I suppose that's not as bad as destroying those universes. It's the difference between being actively killed and going through the process of dying versus being alive one moment and then no longer existing in any form the next moment. The erased universes and any denizens thereof wouldn't know anything had happened, because they wouldn't even have ghosts to go to an afterlife. They would simply no longer be. The real horror of losing would be upon any competitors who lost if they aren't immediately erased, which would mean they'd have time during the other fights to ruminate on what was going to happen to them and everyone they knew and loved.

Yes, Buu takes a while to get going, but now that the fox dude kicked him around for a while, he should be good to go, judging by that smile at the end.

AoT 3: Third time's a charm - I have serious doubts about Erwin's plan. He intends to dethrone the "king" on the basis that someone else is the true king. What is his proof? How will he persuade the public that what he says is true (especially from a jail cell)? Even if the current "king" knows what Erwin says is true, and perhaps especially so, what's to keep him and his supporters from lying and claiming that Erwin's proof is nothing but forgeries and lies? If the "king" is a usurper or the heir of a usurper, then he would absolutely fight, including mobilizing the M.P.s, Royal Guard and even any standing military they have to preserve power. The Scouts are already being rounded up and detained so there would be no organized, armed force to set in motion when these claims are made. The bloodless coup Erwin wants is wholly dependent upon the honor of the "king" and his subordinates, including those of low moral character, like Kenny. Keep in mind that it was said that Krista had the blood of the King. The same thing was said of Ymir decades ago, and when the cult that worshiped her was discovered, they were either killed or forced to titan-shift by being stabbed and thrown off a Wall. I say we should have no doubts that the ancestors of the regime which killed or functionally disappeared those professing a rival claim to power would do the same as their forebearers.

Hange strikes me as not only intelligent, but also sensible, so I feel like if anyone can put things in motion to support Erwin's objective while he's in custody, it would be her. She also seems like she would be a capable commander of the remaining at-large Scouts.

Regarding Krista and her past, wow. Daily life on the farm may not have been objectively bad, and it was likely normal in most senses. I would suspect that whatever other adults interacted with her likely did so in a positive, perhaps even healthily-parental way, given that she seemed to be a well-adjusted child. The problem was with her bio-mom. Years ago, I think it was the Discovery Channel that had a special on the process of pregnancy, and I think it was in that show that I was exposed to the tidbit of information that a woman who is heterosexually active (I don't recall the frequency of what constituted "active" in this regard) and doesn't avail herself of some method of birth control is likely to become pregnant in the span of a year, underlying fertility issues aside. That said, if this woman was going to be the true king's concubine every night, then it should come as no surprise that she would get pregnant. Since she said that she was too much of a coward to kill "it," meaning Krista, then evidently abortion is a thing in the AoT universe, but it doesn't seem like contraceptives are. Anyway, it seems to me like Krista's bio-mom blamed her child, who was simply the fully-foreseeable outcome of the bio-mom's actions, for the life of exile and near-isolation she was compelled to live. Thus, the resentment toward Krista was unfounded, and the bio-mom's reaction to a surprise hug was not what I'd call a shove; that was a palm to the face forceful enough to bloody Krista's nose. While the bio-mom was a non-parent to Krista, she still didn't deserve to die just for bearing a child to the wrong man. Neither did Krista deserve to witness such a thing, have her life threatened, and be forced out of the life she'd known up to that point simply because she existed.

During the second season, I speculated that having the blood of the king meant that someone had the potential to titan-shift. When we consider the discussion between Bertolt and Ymir that eating someone with shifting powers was how Ymir was able to regain her human form and take into account the ED image from the second season with someone regal-looking presiding over smaller people eating what looked like flesh, then it would seem that the king gave titan-shifters of the past the power to return to their human form by feeding them flesh of other titan-shifters. Now, whether that was a portion of his own flesh or one of their own being sacrificed to give them that power, I can't be sure, but I can't help but wonder how that process was discovered. I would think it was by accident, but without information about the past, we can't be sure.

Speaking of information about the past, Erwin's dad was onto something in that a population ignorant of its past is easier to control, because there's no cultural frame of reference for what is and isn't proper for the government to do or say. Now, it's sad and all that young Erwin, when discussing his father's theory(ies?) about the contradictions in the textbooks in public, got his dad killed, but I don't recall him relating to Pixis that his father said not to talk about these matters outside the house. Yes, it was foolish for an otherwise bright boy to speak carelessly, but that just shows he was ingenuous back then, and this was his first, and hopefully hardest, lesson on the need for subtlety and guile when talking about the government, which to me is a sign of a tyrannical regime; public discussion which challenges the government is met with murder and disappearings. Plus, I, like young Erwin, would like to know more about the history of the AoT universe. I'm aware that there's a spin-off manga, Before the Fall, which looks back at that point in time, but I'm hesitant to jump in there before the end of this season, which I doubt will cover all of the AoT manga proper.

Now that we know how dirty Kenny's hands are and who some of the surviving family of his victims are, I expect Kenny to be dead by the end of the season. Call it karma. Call it natural justice. Call it revenge. Call it whatever you want, but one thing can't be denied - Kenny deserves to die for the lives he has unjustly taken.

FLCL: Alternative - I haven't watched it yet.

PTE - My understanding of hostess clubs is that the clients are paying for a very chauvinistic "girlfriend experience" of being attended with food and drink (mostly drink) by an attractive woman at the end of a long workday/-week, but getting fresh with a hostess will get you roughed up by security, tossed out, and forbidden to ever go there again. Thus, Mama Pipimi wasn't a whorehouse owner. She was just a woman who worked her way up though the club and was successful enough to buy out the previous owner.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to see bat-wielding Popuko attack the horseback guy for hating on the manga.

Dandy's rejection of deification was longer and had better rationale, but since this offer was to be the new Slacker god, the laziness of this rejection was completely appropriate.

If memory serves, wagyu beef is just like it was shown, super-fatty. Yeah, it would taste good, but think of your poor arteries.

JoJo: Diamond - Wait, wait, wait. I don't buy The World coming from Dio being hit by this Stand-inducing arrow. No. That goes against the idea of Dio's insidiousness reaching out to the Joestar family and overcoming them, like Holly, in the form of the Stand sickness because of the genetic connection to Jonathan's body. Now, if the arrow activates a latent Stand already present with the body, and I would presume that The World was dormant at the time of Dio and Jonathan's fight on the steamship, then that's different, and I'd be okay with that from a narrative standpoint, but the arrow bestowing a Stand where none existed would fly in the face of there being a genetic line of Stand-potential in the Joestar family which was realized by Joseph and Jotaro (and Josuke eventually, but probably not at the time of the events of SC), but not by Holly, which is why she suffered from the Stand sickness. It may seem like parsing words, but those similar words have subtle differences in their meanings which give rise to notably different consequences.

I feel like Okuyasu overreacted when Koichi looked inside the open gate. Plus, once Koichi's head was pinned in the gate, he couldn't leave, and realistically, he may have been ready to pass out from the blood flow to his brain being stopped or at least restricted by the gate doors pressing on the sides of his neck when he was shot with the Stand-inducing arrow (I think I'll call it S.I.A. for short when it comes up again). Okuyasu also has a formidable power, but I feel like it goes beyond being overpowered, since not only does it remove matter from this dimension and send it to another one, but it also creates a dimensional gap in the world that closes after the transportation. He's literally making parts of the planet move. After that many swipes, there shouldn't have been a street remaining, since the swipes were, if memory serves, in a swinging arc that at least partly coincided with the ground. I feel like the author didn't fully think through the implications of this power. Anyway, Okuyasu insulted the hair, and Josuke has a friend to save, so I'm sure he and C.D. will find some way to beat Okuyasu.

I'm not sure whether Joseph should be flattered that Ms. Higashikata mistook Jotaro for him or Jotaro should be insulted that she though he looked like a man in his 70s (Joseph was a teenager in the 1930's, and this is set 60-ish years later, so he should be in his 70s in the present of the show). However, there's a simple explanation for the mistake - Ms. Higashikata needs glasses and is too proud or stubborn to wear them except for reading.

HxH - I feel like everyone in all their maneuvering, speculation, and analysis of who did what and why was overthinking things. Sure, it meant the C.A.s were able find how far Knov got, but they were completely wrong that he was "still" in the palace. Sure, he came back and brought others, but he hasn't been evading them under their noses for days, so the doubt regarding Pitou's En was inaccurate. As for the wolf guy trying to scheme to take over the human administrators role, I doubt the wolf guy has the skills and knowledge necessary to do the job, which I think would get him killed in fairly short order.

As for our Hunters speculating on what happened to Palm, they should be glad that the C.A. Queen was the one interested in breeding an army. The C.A. King is all about conquest and domination, or rather he will be as soon as he's done playing a board game with Komugi. Regarding Palm's actual fate at this point, either she's already dead, she's hiding somewhere in the palace, she's in a holding cell somewhere after being captured outside the palace, or she already successfully escaped.

BC - In other words, what the story is telling us through Charlotte's infatuation with Yami is what lesbians truly need/want is a serious deep-dicking. Anyway, I can ship Charlotte and Yami.

Yami razzing the other captains was fun.

Remember, Yami, that Asta was only introduced to the idea of ki/qi/chi within the last half-hour of time in the show. It shouldn't be surprising that he'd forget that he's supposed to use it to observe here, especially when we consider that he's a loud idiot. Still, since the others focus on mana when fighting, it was a crafty idea to send Asta through the chaos to smash Licht with his larger sword (Licht named them, and I think one of them was the Demon Killer, but I don't recall what the other was called, nor which was which). It's too bad that the anti-magic power of his sword removed the sealing spell on Licht. In a way, that makes it a bummer that Yami wasn't able to beat Licht's full power when they fought. Regardless of Licht's mana boost, he would still have just sustained a massive blow from a heavy metal object, meaning someone as slim as him should have multiple broken bones, ruptured organs, other internal bleeding and possibly even a damaged spinal cord. Mana boost or not, he'd be down from those injuries for a while until he could repair his broken torso with a recovery spell, which would require him to be conscious to cast, which he may not be for very long after such a strike. That is, unless Licht had some serious armor on under his robe to spread out the force of the impact, which wouldn't necessarily jive with his movements when fighting Yami earlier.

If Rebecca were to learn upon whom Asta really has set his heart, I'm not sure whether she'd be relieved that it isn't Noelle or disturbed that he's fixated on a nun. Hopefully by the end of the show, one of these two pretty and age-appropriate-for-Asta young ladies will manage to win his heart. It's the only way Sister Lily will ever have peace in life.

Shippuden - Well, crap. Kisame is still alive. As an infiltration plan, it was effective, but now he'll not only have to subdue Killer B, but also contend with the majority of the Hidden Cloud's ninja forces and the Raikage if he moves to abduct Killer B. That seems like it would be far more difficult than dealing with only Killer B, the Raikage, and their two security details.

Mabui, the secretary/personal assistant to the Raikage, was pretty, but it's tough not to stare at Samui's epic boobs when they're around.

I'm presuming Kakashi is also only an interim Hokage.

Wait, Sai. I thought you said the thing on your tongue was a seal, not a curse mark. I mean, either could stop him from talking about Danzo, but a curse mark carries the implication that something bad would happen inside his mouth if he were to violate the conditions of the curse. I would imagine it'd be something like his tongue exploding or melting, either of which could be deadly, but one more quickly than the other, since the exploding tongue could have the force of a paper bomb, but inside Sai's head.

OPM - It's easy to forget amongst the beheadings Sonic did that the Paradisers, as a group, probably killed or wounded at least dozens, if not hundreds, of people when they knocked down the wrong high-rise. Thus, in a way, Sonic simply saved the justice system time and expense.

There are two problems with your communist/socialist views, Paradisers. First, eventually you'd run out of other people's money. Second, there would eventually be a revolt by the true proletariat in your vision, because they'd see little benefit from the fruits of their labor, since much, if not most, of it would go to supporting others who, in Hammerhead's own words, didn't want to work. Few people are truly so magnanimous that they eventually wouldn't bristle at that situation and say, "screw you guys. This is mine. I worked for it. I earned it, and I'm cutting you off. Work for what you want yourselves." Even the U.S. tax code recognizes this, since charitable giving can be claimed for only up to 50% of adjusted gross income in a year, meaning it isn't expected that people can or would give away more than half of what they make to others and try to live on the rest.

Lupin - I'm pretty sure I mentioned this the first time, but dang, Fujiko's surveillance guy certainly got the good assignment.

I feel like Lupin's hair shouldn't have grown that much in only six months, but eh.

I doubt Zenigata was in the cell for more than a day or two. I expect that he had some sort of communications check-in scheduled at least for every other day, if not every day. When he missed the first one, there should've been a standing order to go to the island and look for him.

7 hours ago, FoleyisGood149 said:

I'm not sure whether Joseph should be flattered that Ms. Higashikata mistook Jotaro for him or Jotaro should be insulted that she though he looked like a man in his 70s (Joseph was a teenager in the 1930's, and this is set 60-ish years later, so he should be in his 70s in the present of the show).

She hasn't seen him in 16 years and this is what he looked like last time they met:

tumblr_ohzzo0obaV1tkf3cio6_1280.png

That's a compliment. Call me, grandpa.

MY HERO ACADEMIA - It amuses me that Uraraka's among the several portrayed with the scary red eyes, when at the same time she was the one of the only ones willing to team up with Deku. Tsuyu's line comes off as rather awkwardly shoved in without the context for new watchers. "He seems to have it out for you, Midoriya." To be fair, everyone has it out for Midoriya at this point. That one chick back there has a yaoi hand. "Kaminari is the one to fear." Really, now... 9_9 His shadow's a daytime pacifist. When are we gonna hear Plank Boy say something? Meanwhile, Bakugo's so cool he gets his own dedicated recap separate from the regular one. BAKUGO RAAAAAAAGE! Goddammit Douchey Blonde why you gotta dodge and block so cool like that? Until I hear otherwise, this guy's quirk is glue. Bakugo really does become more likeable when Deku isn't on the receiving end of his rage, it helps that Monoma's a complete douche. Oh hey, I spotted Ikalgo in that crowd. Yes, that's Patrick Seitz as Endeavor. [CUE EUROBEAT] WHAT JUST FRIGGING HAPPENED. I take it one of the manga chapters ended on this clash of fire and an arm five seconds from shattering. Wait, Chili's has chips and salsa now? How did I not know/forget about something so important!? Does it count as falling to the bottom if you're top billing in a seven-way tie for last? And then Bakugo was the Boy in the Bubble. Whup, not anymore. :D He calls her Raccoon Eyes when her pink hair and skin are way more attention grabbing than the black sclera. Rule #1: never underestimate Bakugo. WAY TO GO TEAM DEKU. Aw damn, I applauded all for nothing. Shut up, Momo. Well at least you're no longer in last place. SUDDENLY BAKUGO. :D That sudden faceplant. I love this Vegas-style celebration music. Great job Tokoyami, you're the best boy of the week. Forget twin waterfalls, Deku's crying a fucking geyser over there. Eraserhead has no need for food. Manga speech bubble head kid is my favorite. Deku's gonna get his ass beat. All Might going all muscular actually caught me off guard. Damn, the episode's over already?

Oh hai H. Jon Benjamin, you working for Arby's now too?

DRAGONBALL SUPER - Previously on Dragonball Super, Goku done fucked up big time. Lame is right, now if it was the "Trio of Terror", you'd have something much more intimidating. Dang, Buu really does sound a little like the Pillsbury Dough Boy when he laughs. Buu's surprisingly fun to watch in action, I don't remember him being like that in Kai. Clearly they're good at suppressing their energy. "Now you're about to witness the TRUE power of a furry!" Sanji calls copyright infringement on those moves. This killer motel movie is making me want to break open my Party7 DVD and watch something that takes itself less seriously. You'd be surprised at how resilient Buu is compared to most mortals. Hell, you should be surprised! DO IT FOR THE CHAMP. Buu's getting super-duper serial now. That's a ring-out! Your Earth rules need not apply here. Here, take this food pill in its natural form. WE SUPER FURRY NOW. :D Beerus is a heckler. "Damn you, El Grande Padre..." Even the 9th's Destroyer God is disturbed by his Supreme Kai's sadism. Whis's poker face is a miracle of the multiverse. Rule #2: never underestimate Buu. He didn't say Kame-Hame-Ha, so it didn't work. And then he had a furry heart attack. FUN FACT: That's General Ivan a.k.a. Abridged Cooler, Dr. Gero, and Enrico Maxwell as the Order of the Owl-colored wolf guy over there. Holy shit where'd all that food come from. No good will come from being modest, Gohan. I heard "Goku's son, how cool!" as "Goku's so uncool!" :D

ATTACK ON TITAN - Finally, we get a rating in accordance with FUNi's home video release. Remember these two MP peeps? I do, surprisingly. "You must be a Scout." "How could you tell?" "Your ODM gear was sticking out, duh." NOBODY EXPECTS THE ACKERMANS. Wait did I miss something last week, when the hell did they arrest Erwin? Even MP Dandy is disturbed by his team's fancy new guns for humans. Look at that fat man run! The lesson to learn from this is never to pee in a back alley. God I'm an ambiguous sexual orientation for Hange. "Yes, Titans are humans too." Welp, so much for starting the recruitment effort early. Just handcuffs made of rope? Laaaaaame. What the fuck Jean. You do have a point, though, only weirdos get bowlcuts on purpose past the swingin' '60s. xD Oh my god Jean you suck. TEDDY BALLGAME HITS ONE OUTTA THE FUCKIN PARK. He's talking about Eren isn't he. And so the recruitment effort has officially started. Let's Leroy Jenkins the fuck out of this checkpoint! I'm surprised these guys are telling all of this to him, but I'm actually kind of pleased that they are. :D Goddamn the human-on-human action in this show is amazing, moreso than anything involving the Titans. It's a good thing the residents of this run-down community chose to stay, and that's probably the only time I'm ever gonna say those words. THREE CHEERS FOR THE FAT MAN! Once you're done kicking this dude in the teeth, rip off his silly mustache. SHIT COUNT: 6! We three Ackermans now. God I'm an even less ambiguous sexual orientation for Levi. Again, how the hell did Erwin get himself arrested? Dude, I think he just threatened your family. Rope around the torso and arms? Still lame. If he did, they'd be somewhere along the lines of "Fuck you and your Jew dogs." TOP BILLING: Horse-Face Jean.

FLCL ALTERNATIVE - Neat, Dean Venture's doin' voices here this week too. Tomatoes are all right, but they've got nothin' on carrots. MOUTH TO MOUTH. :D She's got Asta's sparkly shoujo eyes. "I was up all night yesterday..." Havin' sex? This episode has better framing in one shot than Progressive had over six episodes. Why am I not surprised that she has her own fanclub. Don't you just hate it when your peers just pile all the blame on you? Sweet graphic design on the title card this week. Damn, Hijiri is so cool. I had a feeling this scene would show up in the episode titled "Grown-Up Wannabe". Weekend fashion, go! Nice photos, dude. DONER KEBAB! I love how they aren't freaking out or anything, they're just all, "Yo, Haruko." :D Let the seduction begin! Her kebab was topped with Little Prince Curry sauce. Or maybe it was the skull and crossbones sauce, that makes more sense. You can't not love Steve Blum as the ramen master. Now that's how you do a running gag, take notes Black Clover. Well, at least he lasted longer this time. I know the feel of your younger sibling getting a significant other before you do. Meanwhile, break-ups be happening. :D Stupid bitch backed up over the edge of the cliff. I recognize that semi-obscure Tezuka reference! KARAOKE TIME. You say that like there's more than one pin. Careful, that mic's expensive! They sure drank those fast. Forced drama? Who needs it! Not them! Nice juxtaposition of the texting bubbles over the nigt sky, very fooly and very cooly. And now the seduction has entered stage four. KURONEKO CAMEO SPOTTED. "My girl-friend sucked 108 dicks!" "In a row?" To the Medical Mechanica allegory shopping mall, everybody! Sweet, his car has a Medical Mechanica logo. ...Oh shit his car has a Medical Mechanica logo. :S IT WAS HARUKO'S BLING THIS WHOLE TIME. Kana, your immaturity's showing. Now she's got side-horns. :D I love the monochrome color shift when people get hit. WE INITIAL D NOW. Some license that is, besides I don't think that's how that works. Haruko confirmed for having a giant penis. :D NOOOO NOT THE CAMERA. It's amazing what things in anime can be done with CGI, good or bad. Much better Freebee Honey sequence for the second episode than Progressive and its shit sound mixing. Fat girl's gonna beat Photographer Dean Venture's ass. :D Thank you, Haruko. In the end, it all comes down to dick size. Whoo, free kebabs! Next week, Haruko upgrades from cosplaying as a nurse to cosplaying as a doctor.

POP TEAM EPIC - Fuck yeah, special EDM opening. Nothing says a peaceful getaway like gorging on snacks in a cabin with lethal weapons hanging on the wall. Hey, I never noticed his beer said "Pop Team Epic" on it. The Popuko and Pipimi have been censored for your convenience. And just like that, communications have broken down. I had a feeling the fat guy would be the first to lose it. :D Those two spooking her into backing up into the ravine never gets old. I feel so sorry for whoever has to clean this mess up. And then they were all Pop Team Epic. Not just any science... super-science! Aww, and so close, too. Now that's what I call forced animation. ;) This French dude thought he was recording these intros as DVD extras. Point at him and laugh! Lunch break! Bob Epic Team's take on Eisai Haramasukoi was better IMO. And now for commentary by Japanese Dean Venture with an obviously fake porn stache. Ten minutes in and you're already wrong about the fat guy. You can tell a lot about a person from their physical tics, that's why one-dimensional characters are a myth. That vomit bag story sure was a thing all right. Why the watermelon, indeed. Murder waits for no one, Japanese porn stache Dean. We call it the Shinning around these parts. THEN PAY FOR ALL THE HARD WORK I'VE DONE WITH YOUR MOTHERFUCKING LIFE. I wonder if that kid is in doubt over what his grandpa just told him. SCIENCE! Holy shit I didn't realize they were doing Beatles voices in the second cooking segment. When it comes to these two the horror never ends. I don't know what "the real McCoy" is, but it sounds like a high compliment. SIT DOWN AND EAT YOUR GRAPE JUICE. That last segment is almost impressive in how it was animated from a bunch of scanned marker drawings. Where were you when Hoshiiro Girldrop revealed itself as the anime of the century?

I don't care if you're "fresh outta Sprite", just shut the fuck up already.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE - LET THAT BOY ALONE. Okuyasu you idiot, be lucky the OP pretty much screams that you're gonna live through this. :D So they are calling it Worse Company after all. "You think you're the only one with a STAND named after a copyright-friendly song from the '70s? Well so am I!" Such precise holes. How nice of him to heal his injuries anyways. I just realized those holes in the wall form an upside-down cross. Follow that blood trail! NOT NOW OKUYASU. Smart thinking, Josuke, but not smart enough. Thanks for the slightly underhanded help, Okuyasu. :) He's on his own side now. Thank god Koichi's okay. We Small Soldiers now? SHIT COUNT: 4. Yep, we Small Soldiers now. They're like Bad Company, only worse! Goddammit Gohan, you fucking jobber. I love that this dude's STAND is a bunch of tiny army men. Oh shit, they've got tiny helicopters too! And a tank, at that! Congratulations, Koichi, you're now a STAND user. That ain't symmetrical, there's only one tank in front, and it isn't even in the center! Ah, okay, so he admits to the asymmetry. Watch out, he's got a knife! And then Koichi laid an egg. REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "Koichi did you lay this egg?" Oh, so you're familiar with that doujin too. I am liking that Koichi doesn't sound the exact same all the time. That's right, respect the do, it'll make you live longer. Well, at least you planned to make an effort. Oh shit, they also have land mines! :D How the turntables. Looks like stupidity runs in your family, eh, Keicho?

HUNTER x HUNTER - Things have gotten so complicated on the enemy's side, that the good guys don't have a clue what's going on. Oh yeah, Ikalgo's hiding inside that guy's body. Huh, surprise reinforcements. I don't recognize that ant standing in the hall. It's a Nen dragon! Gon's gettin' serious now, some say too serious. Nice of you to join us, Netero, Killua's grandpa. LEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY. :D Goddamn this scene is great, I could hardly peel my thoughts away from it all. BAD MOVE. So it follows the same principle Naruto brought up of high-level shinobi being able to read each other's thoughts with a single trade of blows. Damn, that's old. I have no idea what this scene means outside of hinting at Netero's power, but damn that was one fine one-sided conversation. Michael McConnohie is the greatest L.A. narrator. UP YOURS, CAT. I get that it's viciously unpredictable, but is it fun? And now we return you Netero's backstory, forty-six years in progress. GRATITUDE. So that's how the ten-thousand punches routine works. Random rabbit. It ain't Tsuru, but this whole sequence is still pretty kino. Why so angry, fellow martial artists in training? Apparently, it's how smug he is after all that training. "I am the master now." :D I never realized that cute-creepy doctor spirit came from her tail. Smart use of your Nen there. [cue Hark the Herald Angels Sing] The gang's all here, it's show time now. Or next week, I'm fine with that too.

BLACK CLOVER - What you're seeing above you is a rare ten-leaf clover, my boy. Okay, Noelle's face looked a little awkward there, but that QUALITY isn't nearly as bad as Asta going from lying down to on his knees with zero in-between frames. Noelle's too tsundere to apologize, she really needs to work on that. At least the opening theme's as good as always. Klaus is the best man. Holy shit these faces are bad, worse than normal in fact. It's amazing that the rivalry these two have is much better than Naruto vs. Sasuke, though considering how big a downturn that one experienced, it's not really that surprising at all. Ever since he reunited with his sister, his nosebleeds have been coming faster than the mortal eye can see. Huh, a surprising level of compassion. Leave your nun fetish in your pants where it belongs, Asta. ANIME CLICHE #383: All shounen protagonists are big eaters. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "HAVE SOME STANDARDS, BITCH." The Anti-Angel, indeed. :) That's another image Noelle'll be seeing in her nightmares. Okay, I may have had a thought about Asta being game for entering an eating contest, but I didn't expect the show to be aware of that either! My ability to tell the future really is too much... The way that profile of everyone was framed, I thought Magna was the one looking at Gauche's prized photo for a second. It's criminal that of every tune in this show's soundtrack, this one's the most recognizable. INSTANT WEIGHT GAIN. :D I appreciate your idea, Magna, but it's honestly a terrible one. xD Goddammit Gordon. Oh my god Noelle, you suck. As if anyone else would be the winner in an eating contest of this caliber. MAIL'S HERE, MAIL'S HERE. There's always a traitor. Damn, this ident's definitely a blast from the recent past. Dang, he actually fell for that secondhand introduction. :D Yesssss underground prisons. Smart thinking, Wizard King. Well, the Golden Dawn captain wasn't at the promotion ceremony with the others, plus he wasn't given the nickname "Dimestore Griffith" for nothing, so he's definitely suspect material. Even Asta is disturbed by his sparkly shoujo eyes. This dude's a total nerd, I love it. What's with the finger-mustache thing? That's the least threatening rape face I've ever seen. Those two sound so disappointed. Meanwhile, in the VIP lounge... Garble-tron. Yami's trash talk is a miracle of the universe. You're alright, kid captain. Nice of you to finally join us, Dimestore Griffith. xD Damn Yami, you savage. I hate to say it, but I like that Nozel's the first to j'accuse him. It helps to have long hair if you want to braid your bangs, assuming that's a normal desire people have. Yami's offended because that's not what he looks like. xD I love that the foreigner to this series' resident supercontinent is the best character of them all, I can see why Angel wouldn't mind boning him. REPLY TO ANGEL 3: "It's dimestore Griffith because this series is absolutely not competent enough to pull off a red herring." I'd have been more subtle about it, but YUP.

You underestimate how many people would want to get Van Dammed, Van Damme.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - Kakashi's so ninja, it takes others five minutes to realize he left the room. Random satellite dishes. Fuck yeah, teleconferencing. Boo, low battery. The Fire Lord just doesn't give a fuck or three. The situation's changed, fellas. Whenever Ao and Chojuro have an extended conversation, expect the Mizukage to misunderstand. At least she knows when to butt in and end the conversation. Ignorance is bliss, or so they say. For a second there, I thought they were talking about Sasuke, thank god it was only Gaara. Oh boy, more recap. "Attack, and I doubt I could hold back." BULLHORN. Twenty bucks says that was half-hyperbole. [cue SGC2C theme song] CEILING SASUKE IS WATCHING YOU DELEGATE. I blame him surviving that on Madara and not Sasuke himself. Oh boy, my dad's quoting random proper nouns from the show in the other room again. ¬¬ I'm still not used to seeing Kankuro without his makeup. Ding-dong, Danzo's dead. REPLY TO ANGEL 4: "Why is anyone ever surprised that Sasuke is a piece of shit?" News travels slow in the ninja world. Gaara's really got a handle on the whole "being a leader" thing. Naturally Shikamaru would get an early report. Technically Danzo suicided himself before he could succumb to the blow Sasuke dealt to his heart. Rule #3: Never underestimate Naruto's stubbornness. Are those kids still working on their newspaper? The Sexy Jutsu is lewd, deal with it. You'd think he's have given them their interview during all the filler downtime. And that's why Konohamaru's the most mature of the three. It ain't much, but it's a start.

Unlike Evangelion, when My Hero Academia promises fanservice, it lets you know it's gonna deliver. ;)

FAVORITE /co/ DISCUSSION QUOTES OF EACH SHOW

• MY HERO ACADEMIA
  • DRAGONBALL SUPER
    • >Other than the giant talking wolf thing
      Your king is a talking dog, dude.
  • ATTACK ON TITAN
    • And throughout the whole season, everyone in the audience should ask; "Where are the titans?"
  • FLCL ALTERNATIVE (tie game)
    • Was Mamimi's depression the glue that held FLCL down in reality?
    • >yells Micheal Bay when destroying a transformer knock off
      WHO THE FUCK MADE ALTERNATIVE AND WHY WERENT THEY AT PROG?
  • POP TEAM EPIC
    • >literally just fucking zooming in on the image
      >can see the pixelation

Bob Epic Team is a treasure.
  • JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE
    • Copyright law is fucking garbage. How is it not fair use to call something that has nothing to do with music by the name of a brand?
      Is Josuke going to have to have some "crisp, red fruit" for breakfast tomorrow, lest the dub get sued by Apple, Inc?
  • HUNTER x HUNTER
    • >virgin one punch man
      >chad ten thousand punch man
  • BLACK CLOVER (another tie game)
    • How much influence did the dubbers have in how great a character Yami is?
    • I can't believe Yami's just shitposting his way through his life.
      • He’s a quasi-Japanese man in semi-medieval pseudo-Europe, what did you expect?
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN
    • In the first Naruto movie they had movie theaters and shit. And in the Chunin Exams they had VHS tapes. I don't understand how technology works in Narutoland.

As many of you probably know by now, keyboard troubles are making posting on the Internet way more bothersome than usual (why in the world did the 'N' key have to be one of the only two letters to break!?), and as such, posting the usual rundown alongside the usual schedule would consume way more time than I would like. So until the USB keyboard I ordered comes in, you'll have to wait for this week's episode one-line episode synopses, which will show up below when the time comes.

Which is now! Tonight on Toonami, Izuku learns about Todoroki's daddy issues in the break before the final stage of the festival, Gohan's tasked with doing the impossible and not jobbing to a furry with the ability to breathe poison, Erwin makes one last attempt to sway events in his favor before his public execution, Haruko finally upgrades from the sexy nurse look to the sexy doctor look, Popuko and Pipimi find themselves at odds with their manga publisher anime producer in the season finale of Pop Team Epic, with Keicho defeated Josuke starts rooting through his house for the STAND Arrow, Gon and friends face off with Youpi on the stairs while the king is met with a grisly sight, there's a traitor among the Magic Knight Captains but who could it possibly be (besides Dimestore Griffith), Guy challenges Kakashi to the latest in their ongoing series of rivalrous battles, Saitama tries to earn his first set of brownie points so his hero license doesn't get revoked, Lupin tries to retrieve a diamond he lost by going up against a bunch of idiots who somehow got teaching degrees, and we are disciples of God, sent here to free your soul from your body and lead you to the infinite sea of electrons.

10:00 - My Hero Academia #19 - The Boy Born with Everything - TV-14DL

10:30 - Dragonball Super #80 - Awaken Your Dormant Fighting Spirit! Gohan's Fight!! - TV-14LV

11:00 - Attack on Titan #42 - Reply - TV-14L

11:30 - FLCL Alternative #3 - Freestyle Collection - TV-14DSV

12:00 - Pop Team Epic #12 - THE AGE OF POP TEAM EPIC - TV-MA

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable #5 - The Nijimura Brothers, Part 3 - TV-MAV

1:00 - Hunter x Hunter #112 - Monster and Monster - TV-14LV

1:30 - Black Clover #39 - Three-Leaf Salute - TV-PGL

2:00 - Naruto Shippuden #219 - Kakashi Hatake, the Hokage - TV-PG

2:30 - One Punch Man #6 - The Terrifying City - TV-14LV

3:00 - Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure #16 - High School Undercover! - TV-14LV

3:30 - Cowboy Bebop #23 - Brain Scratch - TV-14

• POPUKO A: Mikaela Krantz (Young Fuegoleon Vermillion)
  • PIPIMI A: Kate Oxley (Catherine Elle Armstrong, Lollipop, Eruka Frog, Hiroshi, Young Gauche Adlai, Young Katsuki Bakugo)
  • POPUKO B: Micah Solusod (Yamakatsu, Soul Eater Evans, Teen Coby, Bea, Boris Feulner, Tagoma, Seido Takizawa, Yuno, Best Jeanist)
  • PIPIMI B: Matthew Mercer (Shukuro Tsukishima, Tomonori Ichigaya, Tygra, The Eight-Tailed Ox, Shiranami, Levi Ackerman, Melvin Voyager, Aikuro Mikisugi, Seijiro Kikuoka, Leorio, Hit, Nigel Garrett, Jotaro Kujo)
Edited by PokeNirvash

Now but I volunteer to be the mother of All Might's secret love child.

Hero- I love bird friend. Calm down Icy Hot I'm just trying to fuck your dad. :D He thinks he's his bastard son. HI GIANT BOYFRIEND. God, just shove me between these two dudes. Oh no, he's an asshole. OH GODDAMMIT how dare they make a super hot dilf with fire powers and then make him too much of a piece of shit for me to love. This is bullshit I hope my curse gets Endeavor killed. Jesus christ Icy Hot needs a hug. Mic's having a great time. Aizawa is horrified at his kids. Mineta you little bastard. At least invisible girl's having fun. You're a good dude, tail boy. What the hell is tired boy's quirk? So manly! :D God I love Midnight. Tetsu Squared is a fun kid. :D Hardboy fight. I hope tired boy uses his free time to take a nap. Oh fuck, Bakugo's gonna kill her. This girl is nuts I enjoy her. Douche Rogue cracks me up. Cementos is the best hero. Hi small boyfriend! Alright kid just try not to punch his head completely off. No wonder Icy Hot thinks All Might's your dad. Mic no don't encourage the broken limbs. Oh shit don't talk to him. Aw fuck he broke Deku.

Titan- There sure are a lack of titans in this season of Attack on Titan. I'd follow J. Michael Tatum into hell after a rousing speech. Douchebags, all of them. Erwin seems strangely chill about this whole execution thing. Convenient timing, this is totally not a trick. You're a good dude, Dandy guy. WOW WHAT A SHOCK IT WAS FAKE. Can this old dude just be the king, he seems to know what's up. This fake king could not give less of a shit. So are y'all still fugitives or not? Man, fatass really pulled it off here. Yaaaay. I think Levi's face is just stuck like that now. Yeah I'm sure everybody's totally fine with this shakeup in between monster attacks. Dude you are dragging the mood down like crazy here. Zack here knows what's up. Whelp, that's an unfortuante backstory. Yeah that's not suspicious at all I'm sure it's totally legit. And then Eren was trapped in a weird sex cave. That is a very good question, Armin. I bet the answer is locked in the fucking basement that we're never gonna see. I can say with 100% certainty that I could not make myself eat a classmate's torso.

FLCL- Awww doggies. I would absolutely have lightsaber fights on the job with that thing. These boys are fun. I love that fat one. Teacher Seitz is cute. I'm proud of you, big girl! Don't knock over the shaker this time, dude. Leave hippy Blum alone. Shit I'm in my 20s and I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up. Alright the big one is my favorite. Helloooo Haruko. Yeah this sounds normal. I trust Dr. Haruko. And then shit got depressing. Aww that's sweet of them. I trust Construction Haruko. Ohhh she's angry.  I didn't come here to be depressed, show. For the record, anyone is fre to go to work for me at any time and I won't complain. Is it Canti? :D Random hillbilly Haruko. :D And then she was rapping. Aww, she's trying. Congratulations, you're the fabric bitch now. Aww, they're all helping. BOOOOOOOOO. Get this girl some Dr. Pepper. HARUKO YOU WONDERFUL  ASSHOLE. Okay that dress looked better half-finished. Awwwww this is sweet. :D Goddammit Haruko. High five!

PTE- I'm unsure where this game is going. :D Crappy Manga Boy. Haa, it's the song from Fantasia. Wow rude, I think they're cute. Okay you guys lost me here. Not the Hamlet Death Gods! :D I love these two. Good job it's some kinda goose card thing. Have glasses, can confirm this is accurate. And then it was Hamtaro. :D This song is fantastic. Oh hey, it's the bamboo guys. :D In the name of the moon. :D She's a gun. Kill them all, girls. And then they fused. IT'S A-ME! Oh no Pipimi. Who the hell is this? :D I like that they censor out the Pokemon references. Mercer's just going full Jotaro with her voice and I love it. I'm disappointed there's no ORA here. Song needs more Jotaro. Oh hey, she didn't die this time. I still don't know who the hell that is. GIRLDROP 2 CONFIRMED.

Jojo- Take your egg and get out before you die. You're a good kid, Koichi. Well that's ominous. Ohhh that's not a good sound. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. How many times is Koichi going to die today. Whatever it is, it's wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Oh, douchebro is still alive. Wait what. Could Josuke cure him? Oh great now he's crying. Holy shit that's depressing. GODDAMMIT DIO. Jesus christ how depressing can one backstory get. Man, that would have happened to Kakyoin if they hadn't ripped that thing out of his head. Aaaaand I'm crying. Stop kicking him, you asshole! Oh god, it's a picture of his family and my heart is breaking. Someone please hug Okuyasu. This is the saddest goddamn backstory I've ever seen. Uh Josuke your stand literally heals and repairs things. YOU ASSHOLE. Aw crap there's someone else here to fight. Lightning chicken, the shittier version of Magician's Red. And nothing of value was lost. Oh that is a rough thing to see. SOMEONE PLEASE HUG OKUYASU. It's gonna be fun watching Jotaro punch lightning chicken to death. Great, he's an idiot. You're gonna need a new phone. You're gonna be best friends now. :D Kakyoin's legacy as milf hunter lives on.

Hunter- Oh god you're all going to die. How did you never consider there'd be someone there when you teleported out? Oh good, shirtless knuckle's already hiding. Oh right, the old dudes are up there. KICK HIS ASS, GON. Oh fuck please don't kill Knuckle. You suck, Shoot. Everyone loves Gon. HI SHIRTLESS KNUCKLE. I'm so glad I haven't killed him yet. Student loans, bitch! Ohhhh that is not a good thing. Get out of there, Knuckle! Aw fuck the others are back. I want to watch the dramatic butterfly bitch die. Fuck off, cat. Choke on those mistakes, asshole. Oh FUCK the blind girl's dead. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh he mad we're all gonna die. This cannot possibly end well. Should have killed him before he grew emotions.

Clover- This place sucks, why wouldn't they betray you? I'm genuinely surprised they didn't reveal dimestore Griffith already. He does look likea boneless ham. Yami insulting his peers continues to be the bright spot of this shitshow. THE INVISIBLE BOATMOBILE. How does being invisible make him untouchable? Just throw Asta at him already and save us all some time. Okay stop saying ham it's getting weird. I'll give credit where it's due, that's actually a pretty decent power. Oh no, Jack the Ripper is disappointed. I wish I could sleep through this show. Thanks for doing nothing again, Wizard King. Son of a bitch he gained another friend. STOP SAYING HAM IT'S GETTING WEIRD. I dare you bastards to read my mind. Wow what a shock this was a trick and you idiots have all been fooled. Yami could not give less of a fuck. I don't remember any of this shit. Great, they're after the infinity stones. Please kill him, Yami. You guys get the job because you have no friends. Yeah that's what this show needed, more racism. Every time the show uses those sparkle eyes I die a little inside. Yami has literally never given a single fuck and I respect that. You broke your own arm giving a salute, you stupid bastard. You're right you're not comic relief, you're not funny at all. I sure as fuck don't expect anything from you. Oh mother of god are we really getting a terrible beach episode. I also hope the sharks eat them.

Naruto- Look on the bright side, you only have to carve half of Kakashi's face. Wow what a surprise they're treating you like the untrustworthy criminal you are. I wish I was unconscious. Let's all meet at the abandoned lumber yard to talk about how big of a dick Sasuke is. No, let Naruto go off alone an get himself killed. He's lying and has every intention of protecting Sasuke. Sorry he can't just talk him to death like he did the other guy. Inside, Sasuke is filled with a record number of dicks. Naah, I'm pretty sure Danzo was a shady asshole. This is gay. Is this filler? You know damn well nobody's ever satisfied when Sasuke's involved. They're gay. I'm so tired, show. Well hey if she's dead at least she doesn't have to be in this show anymore. Why does this guy talk like that? Oh god this is painful to watch. Oh hey she's alive. GAAAAAAY. And now I grant myself the greatest birthday gift of all and drop the entire cursed -ruto franchise before Bort brings a plague upon my life.

MY HERO ACADEMIA - Damn, that boy's got some powerful tear ducts. Todoroki's gonna beat the shit out of Deku. "Oh shit, he knows my secret!" :D He thinks All Might's his biological dad. It's a generational rivalry! All Might's gymnastics routine is amazing. "Why the cold shoulder?" he says to the guy whose shoulders are literally on fire. And that was the moment we all knew Endeavor wasn't worth it. We modern day arranged marriages now. Jesus Christ Todoroki's mother what the fuck. O.o Seriously, it's like she's Heath Ledger Joker's dad, and he's both the Joker and his mom. "Let's put some fire in those eyes" indeed. And Bakugo heard everything. You can't be a comic book character without a tragic backstory, they say. SUPPORTER MONTAGE! I doubt Bakugo was purposefully trying to help you along in that moment. All Might and Small Might acting as the flashback bookends. And thus a new rivalry fully blossoms forth. Those Americans sure have some funny noses. FULL-ON FANSERVICE. And of course it was half Mineta's doing. "Why is it that I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes?" Because you're secretly in love with him, admit it, Yaoyorozu. Invisible girl a best of the week. I really have to show my dad one of these H. Jon Benjamin Arby's ads, he'd really appreciate them. MIDNIIIIIIIIIGHT~. Damn, surprise character development. By the way, that other kid who just withdrew is voiced by Asta. Midnight is the greatest. :x Welcome to the final round, Tetsu x4 and Thorny Vine Hair Girl. Kirishima/Tetsutetsu is an underrated rivalry. I highly enjoy Mina's positive energy. "Win so you can lose later!" :D Goddammit Bakugo. Hatsume vs. Iida looks like it's gonna be fun too. :D Those are some strange cards. Take that, Blonde Douche. Seriously, what's with that girl's yaoi hands? Staring at the wall = hyping yourself up. And so the master and pupil meet up for the first time in a couple episodes. :D When All Might of all people is telling you you're too pessimistic for your own good, you probably are. What a smooth transition between voices. The more Present Mic talks, the more I feel the need to put on closed captions so I can understand what he's saying. WE'RE PLAYING BY WORLD MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT RULES HERE! You call him a monkey, but Ojiro's tail brings to mind a lion, if you ask me. Well, so much for Deku's chances at getting past the first round. Neat, the changed up the lying-on-the-grass illustration in the ED.

I've seen my share of ridiculous things in the past, but a dancing car is just silly.

DRAGONBALL SUPER - Guest starring General Ivan as the Poison Furry. Hey Gohan! You're gonna LOOOOOOOOSE! What a lame subtitle. :P This guy sure likes evilly laughing a lot. Not even five seconds since the start and we're already going full DBZ. WOLF BREATH. Guy's got poison breath... and poison hands~. At least when Mr. Satan tricks the audience, it's for a good cause. SENZU BEA-goddammit Gohan. :|  POISON POISON. Even Mr. Satan is shocked at Goku's questionable parenting skills. This guy sure sounds like he loves being a villain, the fact that he's voiced by one of the DBZ Abridged crew really helps with that. Do not disturb the hair. FUCK YEAH JAZZ MUSIC. He's floating, not flying, there's a subtle difference. So how long until Gohan eventually snaps? And then he became Shiny Golden Gohan. Fuck yeah, new lineup promo. Boo, Asta being the only one besides TOM and SARA with actual voicetime. Clearly you've never seen Super Saiyan, smug Kai. Didn't you hear All Might earlier, wolf guy? Luck is nothing but a myth and a Black Clover character. I've noticed that Beerus has been awfully quiet this episode. STOMACH CRAMPS! And now back to Gohan jobbing, already in progress. WHY ARE YOU SMILING GOKU. And now he's Purple Golden Gohan. "I won." Yes, but you're still a jobber. So it's either a tie game or a victory for Universe 7 after this one. SENZU BEAN! That foreboding music... Well at least you're only second worst. Thank you for wiping the smug grin off of that Kai's face, El Grande Padre. And now begins the blaming of the Goku. I'm not surprised that Whis is so chill about all this. Welp, Satan's out. Hey now, let's not forget that Beerus has destroyed more worlds for petty reasons than not. "Now what the hell makes you so special!?" He's voiced by Ian Sinclair, duh. FAMILY FISTBUMP. Next week, it's Goku's turn to take on the furry menace.

ATTACK ON TITAN - Say what you will about this new OP being not nearly as badass as the previous ones - because you're absolutely right - but I really like it. I'm not too sure about the legitimacy of this argument but it's got me paying more attention than any of my college classes. Oh bullshit, you money-grubbing cockmonglers have been way more selfish than Erwin, who cares if he's been keeping the obligatory annoying Bryce Papenbrook character to himself? That one guy sounds like he's on his way to being an Ed Blaylock soundalike. Does the king ever speak? MP Dandy is officially a Dandy guy. OBJECTION! This is obviously bullshit, but I like everyone else believe it. WAY TO GO MP DANDY. Oh hey, it's the judge guy. Corrupt government higher-ups, you just got served. :D This whole scene is great, it's a shame it's gonna get shit numbers in the ratings. :D He was sleeping this whole time, no wonder he wasn't saying anything. (That said, it's impressive how he was able to sleep with his eyes open for so long.) Oh good, that approach was a false alarm. :D Sasha's faces are the best. And that was the shortest time anyone was ever on the lam without dying or getting jailed at the end. PARTY TIME. And that's why for how terrible they are, humanity is capable of plenty good. A brief heads up, on the day before the Boruto premiere I'm gonna list off some spoilers that will be unavoidable once the first episode hits, so be aware. Oh yeah, I forgot Armin was this show's narrator. You definitely sound like a scoundrel, judge dude. Well that's definitely a disappointingly brutal end, but at least it's better than shitty American horror movies. And it was only in that moment that he remembered he had an illegitimate child he could use as an heir. Maybe there's a secret inside the chapel basement? MEANWHILE, IN THE CHAPEL BASEMENT. Holy shit, it's Rule 63 Eren! Welcome to the Ice Cave. SHIT COUNT: 4. Those are some damn cult robes she's wearing.

FLCL ALTERNATIVE - I was rewatching last week's episode yesterday and noticed there were a bunch of those giant pins sticking out in the background of various scenes. I see they're still increasing in number now. Dogs love Haruko. Hee, she's using it like she used Myu Myu in season 1. Wow, the underlying situation's getting heated up already? Not the first female construction worker I've seen in anime this week, surprisingly. Nice moves. :D No one ever expects the second splash. But hey, at least she prepared for the first one. And now the guys are getting shirtless for some reason. Hey, that sketchbook doesn't look like food. Random volleyballs. Teacher Seitz is great. What's with the random pink highlights? Even fat girls can be fashion designers. Her first name is "Man", no wonder she goes by the nickname. "Is there anything you can't do?" Bring Ed's mom back to life. Good move not going full spicy like last time, Glasses Man. An escape route, you say... Whatever Ramen Master Blum was on when he had that epiphany, I want some. When all else fails, put down "professional student". Even fat girls can be multitaskers. "You're eating your fingers." :D Welp, Mossan's dead. You've seen Sexy Nurse Haruko, now meet Sexy Doctor Haruko. I'll take that as confirmation that she's bi. Well you do have a nice-looking forehead. Heaven exists, and it's filled with the most deliciously weird food combinations. Overwork: not even once. Mmkay, so being big runs in the family, then. DIIIIIIING. Now that's some nostalgic scene composition. And then they all became construction crew. Haruko's here as part of the package deal. Nothing'll happen until you swing that bat. You do realize they're just trying to help you, right? Heh, I forgot the promo included the Japanese subtitle lyrics. I'm jealous of people who can just spin themselves around like that. The pins, they're everywhere... No matter how much you kick it, you aren't gonna move it like that. See? Your N.O. activated, that's the kind of thing kicking giant pins you don't know about does! Why hello there, TV buddy. NOOOOO TV BUDDY. "You've got no self control." As do I. TOO MANY LOSERS. :D Haruko's random southern accent. "WHO EVEN USES DIAL-UP ANYMORE!?" :D And now she's rapping, this truly is the better sequel. Likewise, Haruko/Kana is easily the most functional relationship of the three. Beware the diet... Wow, she got over that fast. We just call it "Coke" around these parts. SUCCESS! Kana's dad's newspaper is all about the underlying plot progression. There's always time for an exercise sequence in your montage! OHMIGODATITAN. That one fashion show judge looks like a supervillain in the making. When you need a design for your emcee, always bet on a Nabeshin lookalike. Hijiri has the best outfit, but I like Kana's jersey and Pets' oversized turtleneck. I knew that girl sitting next to them would be important somehow. Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination, and this is apparently one of those times. The winning dress was done in an Emperor's New Clothes style. It's Haruko, it's always Haruko. xD Fuck yeah, DJ Ramen Master Blum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the Japanese character for "heart" on that dress. OH SHIT IT'S THE FASHION POLICE. Haruko and Blum, out! Mossan wins the award for best fat girl in anime. Next week, Haruko pays the Immigration Bureau a more personal visit than she would've bothered with back when Amarao was in charge.

POP TEAM EPIC - TAKESHOBO! Even now, I have no idea what that whole opening sequence was. Already we're knee-deep into pretentiousness. Cuteness is in the eye of the beholder, they say. I recognize those test tube supermen! This board meeting has more proper nouns than Evangelion. FUN FACT: This anime was originally meant to air in the fall 2017 season but was postponed to the season after, hence the correction in permanent marker on those posters. Pop Team Epic is the most moe show to ever grace [adult swim], the Kirara-style imagery proves it. DETHKLOK DETHKLOK DETHKLOK DETHKLOK. Rule #1: never take Popuko and Pipimi too lightly. Never forget, never forgive, Takeshobo. All that effort and pizzazz, and for what? A lame kiwi card. Even for Bob Epic Team, that was super abstract. We now return you to the adventures of Victim Complex Hamtaro, a more befitting show for Toonami than regular Hamtaro. FUCK YEAH UCHU PEOPLE. I fucking love these original songs and how absurd they are. We now return you to Attack on Takeshobo, already in progress. Oh hey, that one Takeshobo dude's lying in Orga's death pose. ATTACK ON KING RECORDS. That Starchild logo sure takes me back. Akashic Records, you say... FUSION HAAAAAAAAAA. And then they were Shiny Golden Popupipikomi. And then Pipimi turned to stone, truly the downest of downer endings. Oh look, Japanese Justin Bieber is here to save the day! Huh, so apparently Pipimi was actually Kate Oxley using a fake name. Truly the greatest surprise of all. Hellfest is proof that American horror movies have a concerningly large boner for killing frightened teenagers in gruesome manners that deserves to be chopped off with a guillotine blade. What is with those stairs, though? Random Pokemon listings  are not proper nouns worthy of your nihility farce! Hegemony does sound sweet. HAMLET DETHKLOK! The outcome of this card upgrade will be important later. Oh hey, it's a different Bob Epic Team. Leave the rest to Pipimi's stunt double! I AM NOW ONE WITH THE CUTLET. "Epic team poppin' pop." Or something. YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE~. Now that's what I can an obscure Japanese-only JoJo reference. Has King ever used that lion logo in the past? And this time, Pipimi isn't stone! Aw man, they cut the part where he was wearing his own face as a mask. COMING TO ADULT SWIM IN 2019, HOSHIIRO GIRLDROP SEASON 2: SAVING ANIME BOOGALOO.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE - And then he died. Such guts, Koichi. Well those sound effects weren't disturbing in the slightest. :S IT'S ANOTHER HAND! Funny how this is just as prejudiced towards frightened teenagers and yet I don't get as angry as I do whenever I see an ad for something like Hell Fest or the new Final Destination or some other stupid bullcrap. Dang Josuke, that's savage. At least it's got a healing factor. This is what happens when you watch too much Steven Universe while alone in your room. Damn, wasn't expecting him to survive that rocket blast. That thing fucked somebody and had kids with them!? :D Minus the warts. Well things sure got sentimental in a hurry. Naturally it'd be DIO's fault. I guess the beatings are another reason to kill him dead, even if those have technically long since passed. This must've happened at the same time as DIO's remains being exposed to the sun in Cairo, the time zone difference matches up. Damn, this backstory is very heavy on the feels. Thanks for fixing it for him, Josuke. Even Okuyasu was brought to tears. T_T Night Dick returns! And this time for more than just fun-poking at his outdated hero name. Okuyasu the Optimist. ANOTHER STAND USER JOINS THE FRAY! Does it count as a heroic sacrifice if the one dying didn't know he was about to take a mortal hit? RED HOT CHILI PEPPER. Even in his dying breath, he blames Okuyasu for everything. Oh no, Keicho's been Persona 4'd! Family always says such things the best. I recognize that meme! Jotaro isn't intimidated by your measly words. Your exploding phone trick... maybe a little. Too bad, Okuyasu's your BFF now. And he, like Kakyoin before him, is a MILF Hunter. :D I love that they froze on his hair being the only thing in frame.

HUNTER x HUNTER - I could listen to Michael McConnohie read the phone book, in either his Bo-BoBo narrator voice or this narrator voice. Sasuke's Allstate wings, eat your heart out. How can he be a non-human hybrid if his face looks so, well... human? I like how Gon's the only one not immediately surprised by the raining arrows of light. "That's Grandpa's move!" Even the narrator knows that Gon doesn't give a shit about distracting happenstance. This is so slow-paced and I'm loving every moment of it. I'll be honest, this has to be the first time I've ever given a crap about what Shoot thinks or feels. INVISIBLE KIDNEY PUNCH. Bill Hader's expressions somehow both carry and ruin that ad. I love that tiny APR thing. If I woke up looking like Youpi right now, I'd run over to the nearest living thing and kill it. Well... that doesn't sound too promising. Meanwhile, Pitou's just hanging in the air watching the palace burn. He may be a drama queen, but damn if Pouf doesn't have the moves when flying dickfirst into danger. No, not the gungi board! I see, so Zeno isn't just Netero's ride this raid. ROCKET CAT. An energy so dark it scares even Pitou? Must be the king's, no question. Blind girl down! The king's face when he has no face. Shit's going down all over the place, it's hard to believe it's only been a minute since it all began, maybe two. I just noticed her snot trails are as small as they've ever been. Even the good guys gotta have respect for the bad every once in a while. I trusted them before, but now I understand why those who praise the Chimera Ant arc view it as one of the greatest shounen sagas of all time.

For some reason, I initially took that fireman carrying the old lady on his back to be some guy in an eagle mascot costume.

BLACK CLOVER - Sweet, a quick rundown on the Eye of the Midnight Sun. We all know Golden Dong guy is the traitor, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone else took the credit to save him the controversy. LAST CALL FOR BEST OPENING. :D Well butter my muffin, they pulled off the red herring after all. I knew I couldn't trust that dude with his strange grin and ugly excuse for a domino mask. You do realize the Wizard King's whipping boy's magic is making it so they can't possibly lie, right? Even Jack the Ripper is disappointed in your inclination for treason. A better lie detector than sodium pentothal, for sure. Which ridiculous nickname, Hammy or Mushroom Head? Clearly the animators were lazy with his grimoire. And then he was the Invisible Ham. I don't care what anyone said, Sleeping Captain a cute. Rule #2: always consider Asta when looking to outsmart the good guys. He doesn't take kindly to those words, Ham Boy. :D Young Captain's power is RGB static. You are now one with the death of analog television. :D Yami just wants her to wake up already. Hey, they get results, it doesn't mean they have to have upstanding personalities or anything of that nature. Young Captain's alright, I just wish his voice wasn't so childish for college freshman age. REPLY TO ANGEL 1: "I dare you bastards to read my mind." Is it Yami standing on a mountain of the corpses of the rest of the cast, because I could see you imagining that. Yami runs his mouth because it helps certain people get through the show easier. Well that wraps things up. OR MAYBE NOT. Dimestore Blum sure knows how to get around. Yes, even the Wizard King makes mistakes. REPLY TO ANGEL 2: "Every time the show uses those sparkle eyes I die a little inside." :D And for every piece of your will to live you lose then, I take it for myself. The underlying plot is preventing the rest of the Chaos Emeralds from falling into the wrong hands. Asta, pretending to understand things you don't clearly isn't your strong suit. Always be on the lookout for traitors. Surprise sepia-tone backstory, go! Never say no to free food, I always say. Always be gentle when saluting. "Guess even the comic relief gets nervous sometimes." It's official, Yami's able to break the fourth wall. Remember back in the beginning when this show actually sucked worse than it does now? BEACH TRIP NEXT WEEK! You're in an anime, Noelle, you're required by law to wear a swimsuit during a beach episode. Yami speaks the truth, feed the siscon to the sharks. That's a tiny swimsuit. I wonder who that girl standing there could possibly be... Hopefully someone not annoying.

Please don't karate chop the man with no stomach in his weak spot, Recovery Girl.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN - Life is tough as the official sculptor of Mount Hokage-more. She got hit by one of Sasuke's blows against Danzo, of course she saw. Random asscrack. xD Beating him back to the side of good sure doesn't sound like "protecting" to me. Do you even know who Madara Uchiha is, Kiba? I love it when the show's art style goes this route of slightly different but not super-amazing. So much for your agenda, huh, old guys? Dang, they're really rebuilding things quick. SURPRISE GUY. I almost forgot their battles took the form of rock-paper-scissors. Ninja footrace, go! GOROU SESSHA SAKUGA SPOTTED. xD I love this display of stupid manly awesomeness. When isn't someone thinking about Naruto? :D They Free Willy'd right over those two. Shut up about Sasuke and get back to the race! There we go. :) How surprisingly chill of you, Neji. Of course Lee would be the tiebreaker. A WINNER IS KAKASHI. Challenges come and go, but rivalries are forever. HOW MANLY. T_T7 Whatever's beyond the Hokage, surely it isn't as bad as Tsunade's mountains of paperwork make the position of Hokage look. The OTN mask is part of the Kakashi look, it ain't comin' off even if you pay him in money. Oh shit, did something happen? Damn you, numerical confusion! For some reason I really like this meeting hall's atmosphere. Aw dang, Tsunade woke up. Well, Kakashi's confirmed the sixth thanks to that Boruto promo, so at least he isn't being robbed of the position forever after this. Life it tough as the official sculptor of Mount Hokage-more. What a rockin' ending theme.

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

"I dare you bastards to read my mind." Is it Yami standing on a mountain of the corpses of the rest of the cast, because I could see you imagining that.

Needs more nudity and All Might is there.

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Understandable, but I hope you respond to the "shocking" truths in my timeskip rundown regardless.

It sounds a hell of a lot better than actually watching the show!

Tonight is a momentous occasion. Tonight, Toonami reclaims one of the coveted prime-time hours it lost after its first cancellation. Sadly, this expansion is for reruns, but who cares, earlier Toonami time! :D

That said, the plan to bring back Toonami's lost ratings continues with the return of DBZ Kai, it hasn't been one minute and Deku's already on the losing side of his first tournament battle, Tsunade is filled in on everything that happened while she was unconscious, crack open all the windows because Naruto's son is coming five years too early to make his mark on American television, the Zeno Expo nears its conclusion as Goku goes up against Bergamo the Crusher, Kana and her friends go to the gym to watch their school's basketball team lose, Eren starts having flashbacks that don't even belong to him (or do they?), an accidental animal murder leads to Koichi's first solo encounter with another wild STAND user, the Black Bulls go to the beach because anime, the fight with Youpi gets even more complicated when he forcibly splits Gon's group apart, Genos and some of the other S-rank heroes put everything they have into stopping a deadly meteor, Lupin and the guys are roped by Fujiko into babysitting a lesbian dog, Faye lands the Bebop on Earth in search of answers to her past, and we end the night with the return of Samurai Jack, all the way from its humble Y7 beginnings.

9:00 - Dragonball Z Kai #1 - Prologue to Battle! The Return of Goku! - TV-PGDLV

9:30 - My Hero Academia #20 - Victory or Defeat - TV-14LV

10:00 - Naruto Shippuden #220 - Prophecy of the Great Lord Elder - TV-PG

10:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations #1 - Boruto Uzumaki! - TV-PG

11:00 - Dragonball Super #81 - Bergamo the Crusher vs. Goku! Whose Strength Reaches the Wild Blue Yonder?! - TV-14V

11:30 - FLCL Alternative #4 - Pit-a-Pat - TV-14DLS

12:00 - Attack on Titan #43 - Sin - TV-MA

12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable #6 - Koichi Hirose (Reverb) - TV-MALV

1:00 - Black Clover #40 - A Black Beach Story - TV-PGD

1:30 - Hunter x Hunter #113 - An Indebted Insect - TV-14LV

2:00 - One Punch Man #7 - The Ultimate Disciple - TV-14LV

2:30 - Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure #17 - Lupin's Day Off - TV-14

3:00 - Cowboy Bebop #24 - Hard Luck Woman - TV-14L

3:30 - Samurai Jack #1 - I - TV-Y7FV

Yes, Ranlsa, Samurai Jack is for kids.

Edited by PokeNirvash

And now it's time for some Naruto spoilers! As Boruto technically takes place after the end of Shippuden, there are some end results of the obligatory timeskip that are unavoidable. I won't mention any character deaths or character identity reveals - I mean, I'm no monster - so here's everything you need to know about what happens after Shippuden before Boruto.

• While Tsunade was reinstated as Hokage before he could take office, Kakashi still becomes the 6th Hokage. His face on Hokage Rock is masked, because why wouldn't it be.
  • Naruto achieves his dream and becomes the 7th Hokage. He also marries Hinata and has two kids with her: a son, the titular Boruto, and a daughter, Himawari.
  • Sakura becomes the single mother of a sole daughter, Sarada. Her father? Yep, it's Sasuke, who's now the poster boy for deadbeat dads everywhere.
  • Shikamaru marries Temari and they have a son, Shikadai.
  • Ino marries Sai and they also have a son, Inojin.
  • Choji pulls the unexpected move and marries Karui (the black girl who beat up Naruto that one time), and they have a daughter, Chouchou. She's basically a pint-sized sassy black woman and she's great.
  • Rock Lee also has a son, Metal Lee. The mother is unknown, but popular belief is that it's Kurotsuchi, the female bodyguard who accompanied the Tsuchikage to the Five Kage Summit.
  • Speaking of the Five Kages, Kurotsuchi is also the new Tsuchikage. Chojuro's the new Mizukage, and Darui's the new Raikage. Gaara, meanwhile, is still the Kazekage.
  • Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon all become jonin team leaders for new genin.
  • Shino becomes an academy instructor.
  • Tenten runs a failing weapons store.
  • Anko's years of snacking catch up with her and she becomes fatter than Choji.
  • Kurenai's child with Asuma is a girl. A tomboy, even!
  • Orochimaru lives and gets away with everything.

tumblr_oppj79gwRG1w94egeo1_1280.png

I'd have included the picture with him driving a limo while like that, but I seem to have misplaced it.

12 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Shikamaru marries Temari and they have a son, Shikadai.

Shikamaru definitely won that timeskip.

Choji pulls the unexpected move and marries Karui (the black girl who beat up Naruto that one time), and they have a daughter, Chouchou.

Okay scratch that, fat boy did UNREASONABLY well for himself.

•  
  • Orochimaru lives and gets away with everything.

Of fucking course he does. This series can fuck right off.

Hero- Aw crap did the OP get shrunk again? Deku you adorable dumbass. Oh hey, Aizawa's awake. Well that power is terrifying. Child no stop what are you doing. You should have listened to tail boy. All Might is going to be so disappointed in you. Oh hey, y'all are  creepy. Ghosts broke your hand, no big deal. Tired boy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry tired boy, better luck next year. Poor tired boy, he's a good boy who just wants to be a hero. Awwww the crowd still loves him. Random Daft Punk in the stands. I hope he gets transferred into the class. :D Deku you precious idiot. At least you only broke your finger this time. :D Grandma just killed All Might. Just a bunch of force ghosts, nothing to worry about. I hate you, hot garbage dilf. God he's terrible and I hate myself that I'd still have to talk myself out of fucking him. I don't like your odds here, Sero. :D Mic and Aizawa's faces. I, uh, think ya got him there, Icy Hot. I love how supportive this crowd is to the losers.

FLCL- Those pins sure aren't ominous at all. Nice bike, dork. Goddammit Haruko stop cockblocking everyone! Calm down, teacher Seitz. Well that sure is some convenient transfers. I like the meat handkerchief. I don't know how basketball's played either. I love that fat one and her love of violence. Boner alert. Liger balm. You're laying it on awfully thick there, Haruko. Girl you need to jack off. Lady there are malicious conspiracies about literally evyerthing on the planet. I hope this dude remembers to screw the cap on his seasoning. Oh hey, it's the anti-space lady. Well he's cheerful. So is he Naota or what. Naked Haruko is a problem I'd love to have. And then things got porny. That is an unimpressive draw. :D Fat girl knows what's up. Oh god she got the shoujo roses. I'm with the fat one, just bang him already. Great job, you knocked him out. :D You dramatic dork. Haaa, his girlfriend is fake. That's why I love All Might, Haruko. Those sure are big words I don't understand. Oh that sucks. Haruko's gonna get slapped. Awww, this is cute. Boner alert. Oh, you guys gained a friend. Oh goddammit NOT A FRIEND. And then it was Space Jam. KOBE. Well that's a letdown. This sure is a thing that happened. Aaaaand then shit hit the fan.

Titan- Eren's having a bad day in the crystal bondage cave. Yeah I'm sure he's a great guy and it was all a big misunderstanding, you're not being bamboozled at all. I'm uncomfortable with this. What in tarnation? Oh hey it's that fucking basement key. Did...did he eat his dad? Whelp this is gonna suck for you, nice lady. Pain and suffering, full speed ahead. How do they have mind-wiping powers? Oh honey, she's dead. Well that's gonna put a bit of a strain on their friendship. I like that they made her titan boobs jiggle. IT'S HIGH NOON. I will never feel threatened by someone named Cowboy Kenny. What in the fuck? This season is realy fucking weird, y'all. Erwin looks good when he cleans up. Aw crap, is the cool old guy evil. I just wanna watch Levi kill things, show. Would you talk to Cowboy Kenny if you had any choice? Mikasa needs a hug. Oh yeah, there was that time she straight up fucking killed some sex slavers. Banjos intensify. So then I guess Mikasa's like, double immune to the memory wipe. Was Levi that baby? Levi doesn't fuck around.

Jojo- Koichi's having a great day. Koichi's having a terrible day. Why does this series hate animals so much. This guy looks like a douche. This won't end well. Dude did you just kill your cat for money? The guilt is a stand! No he can't handle himself, go help him. Oh thank god, the bros are here. Punch the lock and/or the douche until one of them breaks. Douche you left your cat in a bag on the street, you didn't value it in the first place. THANK YOU OKU. Okuyasu you poor sweet idiot. Who cares, there's a dude who can heal injuries with punches. I love Josuke so much. Oh you dick. That dog is bigger than Koichi. OH GODDAMMIT. He's right, massaging his mom's shoulders is Kakyoin's job. I'm gonna kick this guy's ass for him. DOUUUUUUUCHE. Oh no not the milf. I'm uncomfortable with this. Throw your magic egg at him! Congratulations, it's a gross worm thing. Jesus Koichi you're weak as shit. And now he's got a tattoo. Oh cool, it's sound effects. Okay that's actually a really cool power. Oh you bag of dicks. Oh my god what the fuck are you doing. This got weird. Koichi is so fucking cool. Gee I wonder why people wouldn't trust you. I love Koichi.

Clover- This OP is grating. Oh I hate this already. I've aged 30 years watching this scene. Okay this level of thirst is jarring coming from someone who looks like a second grader.  Why is sister fucker still alive. God I hate her. Please show me beach Yami so I don't have to hear them anymore. Oh hey, they put subtitles on his mumbling. How do you idiots not know what an ocean is? You stay the fuck away from that nun. God you're an unbearable bitch. This shit is painful to watch. Show me Yami or get the fuck out, show. Drunky's suit is less revealing than her normal drinking outfit. I hate every second of this. Hi there, titties. Haaate, hate hate hatey hate hate. Holy fuck nobody cares about your bating suit. Oh goddammit it's that guy again. I feel closer to death now. Yami why are you still wearing clothes. Of course there's a full moon involved in this cliche bullshit. Kill him and I'll fuck you right now. If you're depending on her you're sadly mistaken. What a shock, Noelle sucks. Yeah follow the mysterious singing in the middle of the night that'll end well you dumb shits.

Hunter- Y'all are gonna die. Man that guy can hold his breath for long. Owww his leg. Deep Purple is a fun stand. Goddamn shadow clones. Thank you shirtless Knuckle! Again, student loans are the most terrifying nen of all. Aw crap he saw them. That's some sick balance, man. Yeah there's no better time to try a new move for the first time than when you're fighing a giant monster mash of a guy. :D Okay the eye part is so unnecessary. Oh, he just discovered a new fetish. I love teamwork. I am always up for hugs and liquor. Oh thank god, my kids are okay. Ohhh, the octosquid is in the dragonfly guy. Oh no they're split up now. Killua does not fuck around. Aw crap the wolf guy's here. I'm not sure what octosquid did but thanks I guess. OH NOOOOO. Wait I thought that cheetah dumbass died. I got a bad feeling about octosquid's odds here. Cry harder, you dramatic bitch. This is real gay. If he offs himself that saves our group a lot of trouble. Hit him with your pipe while he's being an obnoxious drama queen! Oh good my son's okay. SHIT, HIDE.