UnevenEdge

Black Clover

MasqueradeOverture

K why couldn't this have been the first episode?? Then it wouldn't have been so ill-paced, and it wouldn't have been a flashback!  I do like the bond these brothers share though, so I guess i appreciate the heart it's trying to portray.  Plus, a screeching kid isn't as obnoxious as a screeching adult. 

K why couldn't this have been the first episode?? Then it wouldn't have been so ill-paced, and it wouldn't have been a flashback!  I do like the bond these brothers share though, so I guess i appreciate the heart it's trying to portray.  Plus, a screeching kid isn't as obnoxious as a screeching adult.

I have watched the first two episodes... it seems Asta has always had the disfavorable disposition of yelling at the top of his lungs for no reason. I could understand if he was yelling or excited in combat, but he yells out of place over mundane shit that no one actually cares about. I dunno if this is just a problem with the VA's portrayal of him thus far or if it is based on his Manga personality. Either way, I personally find it irritating and the prime example of one of the worst shounen cliches, overly enthused, erratic, and screaming protagonist. I hope that he becomes more likable at some point soon because I'd like to watch it but if this is gonna be his demeanor for the entire series I will probably drop it. I've met my quota on shounen anime with "scream for no reason" protagonists...