UnevenEdge

Official now: Gundam IBO Season 2 coming October 7th at 12:30

OwlChemist81

I'd say, quite "Frankxxly," that one's a toss-up. I think we're talking 2018 for it, and Toonami would potentially have an open slot for it. After all, they DID air Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, and it's in the same pedigree as those. After missing out on MHA, you've gotta think they're a little sore. Yes, Netflix has LWA but it's one of their co-pros. Would a World Premiere of Frankxx be a good idea to replace Dragon Ball Z Kai? Ohhh yes, it would!

Co-funding a Crossbone Gundam series? That's a new one on me. Have Netflix and Sunrise EVER really worked together before? That's not counting InuYasha: The Final Act, which aired on Toonami first before coming to Netflix, of course! (Yes, I realize it was on Neon Alley first...)

Crossbone is the white whale of Gundam, the series that never got a proper adaptation after its manga.

Yeah, I looked it up just now. It sounds interesting, and it's also Universal Century.

I still believe Toonami will air Twilight Axis (the sequel to Unicorn) someday, as it's a mere microseries and won't permanently occupy a 30-minute timeslot.

Hell, maybe even DURING the commercial of a stretch of IBO would be a good idea? After all, that's what AMC does with the "Fear the Walking Dead" microseries during The Walking Dead, and that doesn't seem to confuse anyone...

But more likely than not, if they ARE getting TA, it would be better to air it on the block during an otherwise Gundamless stretch.

It's hard for me to accept that Toonami will ever air another non-TIE (and non-TOM?) microseries. Like, it feels like one of those things they just don't want to use effort on. Sand Whale and Me was obviously the grand exception... but look at how that turned out. shithead

And for the people playing along at home (here on the Internet), Fear the Walking Dead is intentionally set as a prequel, and it doesn't air during its parent series. That would be silly... and yet Gundamception is only an inherently bad idea for ratings.

It's hard for me to accept that Toonami will ever air another non-TIE (and non-TOM?) microseries. Like, it feels like one of those things they just don't want to use effort on. Sand Whale and Me was obviously the grand exception... but look at how that turned out. shithead

And for the people playing along at home (here on the Internet), Fear the Walking Dead is intentionally set as a prequel, and it doesn't air during its parent series. That would be silly... and yet Gundamception is only an inherently bad idea for ratings.

Yeah, Gundam show airing in the middle of Gundam show would be a bad idea, but one thing you're not getting about Twilight Axis is it's not an original production, but an existing microseries. It would probably be "thrown in" as a package deal with another Gundam show. Does that mean it would air during said Gundam show? Probably not. But you are wrong about FTWD not airing its microseries "Flight 462" and "Passage" during Seasons 6 & 7 of The Walking Dead--that totally happened!!

How could you possibly enjoy a show that doesn't have 5000 characters? I need at least 20 characters introduced per episode or I get bored.

ironically this is the same main issue with Tenchi Muyo's 3rd OVA, they introduce like 12 characters in the first episode alone, Noike, Tenchi's Sister, Tenchi's Grandma, Ayeka's Grandmother, Tenchi's Aunt, Three of Tenchi's classmates, Mihoshi's brother, Mihoshi's Brother's fiancee, several Galaxy Police officers working under Mihoshi's brother, the new Villian "Z"

all in like the first half hour

This is so great, there's going to be 3 space-themed shows on the block now, it's quite refreshing. Not just that but there will be 4 mecha-type shows as well; Gundam, Outlaw, Bebop and Titan. We'll be eating in October, boyos!

Speaking of October, Blade Runner 2049 comes out the day before IBO premieres, would be great promotional material.

This is so great, there's going to be 3 space-themed shows on the block now, it's quite refreshing. Not just that but there will be 4 mecha-type shows as well; Gundam, Outlaw, Bebop and Titan. We'll be eating in October, boyos!

Speaking of October, Blade Runner 2049 comes out the day before IBO premieres, would be great promotional material.

Toonami 2017

Wait, since when is Bebop a mecha-type show? It's definitely space-themed (along with IBO S2 and Outlaw Star), but then again, you can, and SHOULD also argue that Dragon Ball Super is space-themed!

Wait, since when is Bebop a mecha-type show? It's definitely space-themed (along with IBO S2 and Outlaw Star), but then again, you can, and SHOULD also argue that Dragon Ball Super is space-themed!

I included Bebop purely on the merit of it having iconic and original ship designs, same thing with OS, which crosses the boundary further into mecha with the Arms. I actually originally included Super into this but I didn't know if I wanted to open that can of worms.

Also I assume that there is general space mafia business in Bebop, it's my first time watching so I'm not too sure. So if you remove the mobile suits, IBO would technically be around the same level.

I guess we'll have to watch the new Pre-Flight and find out. But I don't see any good reason not based on emotion to get rid of it. ::]::

It could always be money related or the need to cycle shows. It's been doing pretty good lately though but if they aren't ever going to get to the end or they want to put on Boruto next year, I can see them making the choice to end it with Pain since it's a good stopping point.

So I guess Pre-Flight was a bust. Meanwhile, the on-air hasn't changed much, but it does list 10/7 as having the Dragon Ball hour air normally. Midnight to 4:00 is still blank, as well as 11-4 the following weekend.

Schedule is updated. Nothing changes. They will keep going with Naruto if anyone was concerned about that. For the next 20 episodes, we will be getting flashback filler episodes!

Schedule is updated. Nothing changes. They will keep going with Naruto if anyone was concerned about that. For the next 20 episodes, we will be getting flashback filler episodes!

So we're talking essentially pre-Shippuden Naruto?

Hmmm, that might be interesting! I kinda dug the previous 2 pre-Shippuden style episodes we just got (the last of which is playing right now on the Stream a few more times this weekend).

Back to Gundam IBO Season 2, you think we'll be getting topicals this time? That would certainly be interesting! It seems like they're pushing this show a little earlier than usual; we didn't even see JoJo: Stardust Crusaders promos on TV until the week before! Yes, I know IBO S1 didn't get them, but AOT S2 did and that also aired at 12:30! I do believe 12:30 is the latest a show which receives topicals can air though!

And on the subject of topicals, it looks like they're in no danger of ceasing for Dragon Ball Super!

So we're talking essentially pre-Shippuden Naruto?

Hmmm, that might be interesting! I kinda dug the previous 2 pre-Shippuden style episodes we just got (the last of which is playing right now on the Stream a few more times this weekend).

Back to Gundam IBO Season 2, you think we'll be getting topicals this time? That would certainly be interesting! It seems like they're pushing this show a little earlier than usual; we didn't even see JoJo: Stardust Crusaders promos on TV until the week before! Yes, I know IBO S1 didn't get them, but AOT S2 did and that also aired at 12:30! I do believe 12:30 is the latest a show which receives topicals can air though!

And on the subject of topicals, it looks like they're in no danger of ceasing for Dragon Ball Super!

Yeah it's basically flashbacks to that time with framing sequences set during current events.

If IBO takes off more than expected maybe we'll get them but probably not.

With Super totally spamming all the topicals Toonami has made since it started, I really hope a new show warrants topicals too soon.

This week will be the last new episode of Rick & Morty, and then next week begins Gundam IBO Season 2.

That's probably a coincidence, but it might be that IBO S2 takes R&M's topical "slot?"