UnevenEdge

Why is Little League baseball on TV?

Skinko

Who is that for? What is the demographic for kids playing sports?

It can't be other kids, because generally, kids don't wanna watch kids, they wanna watch the big leaguers, people they idolize and aspire to be when they grow up.

And what kind of creepy pedo adult is like, "I know I have 200 channels to choose from, but I want to watch young boys run around"? 

No one should be watching this, is my point.

I enjoy watching middle schoolers cry when their exaggerated dreams are crushed because they all think entire world's watching them play their little league games when it's really just parents, gay Buffalo Bill, and forty year old Christian nerds who abstain from everything good and decent such as sex, alcohol, and not being bitch ass squares.

Who is that for? What is the demographic for kids playing sports?

It can't be other kids, because generally, kids don't wanna watch kids, they wanna watch the big leaguers, people they idolize and aspire to be when they grow up.

And what kind of creepy pedo adult is like, "I know I have 200 channels to choose from, but I want to watch young boys run around"? 

No one should be watching this, is my point.

It's the Little League World Series and it's been televised for years. 

I use to watch it when I was little because every kid that played baseball dreamed of making it there, now I just watch it because I like baseball. 

I know. I mentioned that it's been a thing for a long time. But that doesn't explain why it's a thing.

I just can't picture the person watching it without a blonde mustache.

money

a lot of those teams (american ones at least) arnt from ghettos or slightly below par neighborhoods

they are from very rich privileged cities/suburbs

so ads/donations/etc...

its a money pit

obviously not as big as college football but apply the same idea

I used to play baseball around that age, and it's cool watching kids who could play it way better than I ever could then.  Plus it's nice watching people legit having fun with the game and not being overpaid prima donnas.

The way you phrased that was very creepy. Try watching adults... ermmm... adult women instead.  whut

Also, I was a great baseball player.

I use to watch it when I was little because every kid that played baseball dreamed of making it there, now I just watch it because I like baseball.

Fair enough. I suppose I'm casting too wide of a net here. I retract that statement.

Fair enough. I suppose I'm casting too wide of a net here. I retract that statement.

I remember watching the '02 LLWS and this kid from the New England team (MA) turned to avoid a fastball thrown right at him and it hit him squarely in the back, inside of his shoulder blades, and that hurts like hell because it happened to me when I was playing pee wee league ball when I was 7, and I dropped to the ground right away. So he got hit, flipped his bat quickly toward the dugout, and jogged to first, and was trying so hard to keep a straight face as the ESPN cameras were on him, and then when he got to first he started crying like a lil betch lol. I was laughing my ass off at that.