UnevenEdge

I figured out what Toonami is missing

Zenigundam

It's an issue of balance. Seems that the darker series such as Parasyte and Hellsing Ultimate always get phased out in favor of lighthearted shonen (Naruto, One Piece) and comical anime (Kill la Kill, One-Punch Man). I was looking at an English-language trailer of Gundam Unicorn RE: 0096, and I expected it to be dark and mature-themed like the older UC gundams, but it appears to borrow elements from newer Gundams with upbeat k-pop playing during battles and characters yelling out cheesy lines. I can't judge it without having seen it, but it seems like there's a lot of influence from the worlds of the lesser Gundams in there. Well it definitely beats the babyish Toonami from '03 to '08 or the slop it threw on when it was revived, but we'd like to see some really hardcore stuff.

Well, at least ya still got vampires and Zombies in JoJo even beyond Phantom Blood, right?

Gundam Unicorn gets really good fairly early! I've seen the first 4 OVAs (I believe that's Episodes 1-12 of the "Re:0096" TV edit), and it DOES get hardcore! Another neat thing about it is the OP and ED are actually both in English! (Just half-watched 13...)

I saw the 1st Unicorn OVA episode when it came out and it felt very much like an old UC Gundam series (without the cel-dirt of course).

Yup, it's very much oldschool UC Gundam with the story, setting, and characters/factions,  just with new very detailed animation (even more than usual since it was animated as an OVA series).

Even the character designs are retro in feel even with their top-of-the-line modern production values, since they are by the original character designer of the franchise. The soundtrack is fantastic as well.

Yup, it's very much oldschool UC Gundam with the story, setting, and characters/factions,  just with new very detailed animation (even more than usual since it was animated as an OVA series).

Even the character designs are retro in feel even with their top-of-the-line modern production values, since they are by the original character designer of the franchise. The soundtrack is fantastic as well.

Speaking of this, they are REALLY spamming the hell out of that promo tonight!